New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony VII: The Grand Galloping Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Until Identity Crisis rolls around, and he finds out that you mind-ravished him after he ravished EsperDerek.

...'s secret cupcake recipe.

And then Lix Lorn finds out that you also mind-ravished her because she argued against it.

And it's all the fault of Thanqol's ex-wife.

Not my secret cupcake recipe!

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Okay now need help for my RPG

Trying to tie each mane pony to a "type of physical charisma"

Fluttershy-cute
    RD- cool
    Applejack- strong
    Pinkie Pie- funny
    Rarity- stylish

What the heck Twilight Sparkle.
    Smart?

If funny counts, then intelligence counts too.

3. - Top - End - #723

Okay, next time I invest in making an insane statement I'm making sure it's on a subject people are interested in.

In other news, I have some Tau I haven't yet painted and the summer holiday is just around the corner, guess how I'm going to paint them.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

So you don't deny being Thanqol's ex-wife and the guilty culprit? Interesting, very interesting.

Oh yeah. It's all coming together.[/Warburton]
    Yes, I admit I was the one who fired the orbital friendship cannon. However, I am not Thanqol's ex-wife.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Not my secret cupcake recipe!
    It was brutal. The poor thing never saw it coming. I'm sorry that your memories of the event were erased; every cook should be able to share in their recipe's grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Yes, I admit I was... Thanqol's ex-wife.
    Aha! Finally, the truth comes out!

freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Aha! Finally, the truth comes out!

But that doesn't make sense. You see, I'm not currently married to Thanqol, so it would be I am Thanqol's Ex-wife not I was Thanqol's ex-wife.

That's of course ignoring the fact that you edited the post to suit your needs anyway.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-05-13 at 07:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ettin in the Playground

But that doesn't make sense. You see, I'm not currently married to Thanqol, so it would be I am Thanqol's Ex-wife not I was Thanqol's ex-wife.
    Well, slips of the tongue happen all the time in situations like this. Besides, for all I know, you re-married, leaving you currently someone's wife - that would account for the "was" Thanqol's ex-wife.

And you just admitted that you are no longer married to Thanqol, so you are Thanqol's ex-wife! I is a logician!

freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, nope, nope, this is getting far too silly. Next skit!

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Well, slips of the tongue happen all the time in situations like this. Besides, for all I know, you re-married, leaving you currently someone's wife - that would account for the "was" Thanqol's ex-wife.
    Ah. Well, yes I am currently married. To whom depends on the canon, setting and character.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Nope, nope, nope, this is getting far too silly. Next skit!
    A brightly-furnished room, with several famous ponies hanging in portrait on the walls. Playgrounders - some of whom are equine, some bipedal - mill about, taking from the buffet table, helping themselves to the drinks, and arguing about names.

Enter our host, RAZ_FOX. The pony with the fantasy-novel cutie-mark sits down, takes a sip of his non-branded Cola, and coughs slightly, before turning to DARTHBOBCAT.

Raz_Fox: "So, I heard the 300-word contest entries have been finalized. Pray tell, how did yours fare, old bean?" *smarmy, evil grin*
    Darthbobcat: *wine glass shatters in his hand*

(WACKY PAINFUL HIJINKS ENSUE)
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Wait, we're ponifying names now? Huh.

"Healer... Rabbit"

This is what happens when you have "Hare" for a surname. You end up unwillingly turned into Fluttershy.

Throwing my middle name into the mix, I apparently heal noble, bright rabbits.

This is terrible, but much easier to understand than some of the others here. I'm probably a yellow pony, too, going in for that bright stuff and leading off the Golden Fleece thing with my first name.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Whilst awesome, that doesn't fit me at all.

Edit:@ SiuiS, while I remember, I have no idea why but sometimes I can't open your spoilers. It doesn't happen all the time, and they work when they're quoted and I can look at them via the quote function, but it never happens for anyone else's spoilers. It's weird and I thought you'd like to know.
    That's... Odd. I wonder what I'm doing to warrant spoiler-blanks?
    Oh well. I don't plan on discussing the spoil-y stuff anymore. We have seen and understood each other and still disagree, so there's no real need for conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Should I feel offended? :P

I mean, I just can't see it...

Also! Someone said BB is full of ruth:
    ?
    Good catch, that was me.
    I turned out wrong, but it worked out for the best. I can day now that I know what Ruth means, since my own searches were utterly fruitless.

Thanks Irbis.

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    So those quote boxes aren't playing games with just me. *Huh?
    :(
    Oh well, hope it sorts itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...friendship rays aren't fatal, silly! They change you to a happy, friendly person.
    Which is a gross breach of your rights, but hey, you're nice now.
    it's not too bad. His basic personality is the same, so given a couple days he'll revert if he really wants to. It's less like horribly violating his rights and more like... Tranquilizing him with just a bit too much morphine.

Only this time, the morphine is a magical laser made up of the component parts of our regard for the target.

Can I have your dreams?

And as far as names go, my net-names mean Lucky Lover and Admiring Lover.
    nice. I wish I could have a more positive name, like yours. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    Pony names?

[Religious] Steward/Guardian Happiness

Well, I don't have any good ideas for that. Good thing I'm a human, I suppose.
    Stewart. Stewart Joyful, maybe.

At least now he can be a happy healthy productive member of society rather than worm food.
    There is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Clearcold?
    Icy Brave?
    Clarity?

Yours is hard.
    I cast my vote for Clarity.

Okay now need help for my RPG

Trying to tie each mane pony to a "type of physical charisma"

Fluttershy-cute
    RD- cool
    Applejack- strong
    Pinkie Pie- funny
    Rarity- stylish

What the heck Twilight Sparkle.
    she's ador--

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    "Adorkable"?
    Aw man. I thought I'd be the first to use that! Oh well.

At work now, me fellows, so I have to go. I will try to revive this line of conversation if it flags, however. So be ready, me hearties!

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned when it looks like no one remembers you for ten pages...

...Well, probably no one remembers you. Except those you force to :P

I even adapted a little song about this...

You put your password in
    You read forum thread out
    You edit your OP OP in
    But you really have no doubt
    You do the Pict Pokey but you know hit number is a lout
    That's what it's all about

You look at your IM
    You check your mail
    You click 'PM box' in
    Just be brave and have no doubt
    You do the MSN Pokey feeling like you're gonna pout
    That's what I'm talking abou--

Wait, I was supposed to write something else. Too much silliness is bad for coherency of the posts. What it was? Oh, yes:

Eight C. picture posted, though it seems only three were noticed. Oh, and figuring out something for Fridays would be nice, I guess :P
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Well, you learn summat new every day. Extrapolating from wiki, my first name would roughly translate to "I defend/ward/avert"; my middle name, interestingly enough, is also roughly translated as "vehement protector" (so, apparently I'm doing a lot of defending...well, I guess I do like to turtle when playing RTS...) And my last name, which I've never looked up the meaning of before, derives from an old anglo-saxon name native to Derbyshire, which translates to "wood" or "clearing".

So that would make me... ward/defend + protect + wood/clearing...

Oh bloody hell, I'm a druid.

I suppose it could be worse, at least I'm a horribly overpowered class... I mean, I'm not a bard or healer or something; and it's kinda martial... (Note to self, check shapeshifting.)

Frag knows how that translates to a pony name, but it'd be probably something like, using all three elements and making it 30% cooler1, I dunno, Panoply Gladewarden.

Which, actually, I could kind of live with.

1Because as a Lich, I'm racially incapable of not automatically trying out-do everyone and everything, even internet memes...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-05-13 at 07:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Troll in the Playground

My first name means pale (and paradoxiacally, dark), and my surname is a tiny hamlet in Scotland.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Colossus in the Playground

THIS THREAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    My newest fan theory:

How do you name a pony? Obviously, there are some families with long traditions that use themes (Apples, Oranges). Others don't follow a theme, they name it after physical traits. But...

Essentially, the main difference is if the pony was named after something, or not. The first case appears to be pretty much always two words, and has obvious connection with the pony itself. The second case? When a pony has one word name with loose connection?

Personally, I think all such ponies are nobles, showing off using names that their marks/trait don't mean much to them, they are above them. Possibly even changing their names when they inherit the title. Celestia and Luna being obvious cases, Blueblood less so, but it isn't connected to him outside of pointing he is noble, and might mean he waits for inheritance. This would also made Rarity a minor noble, explaining her upbringing and ability to own a shop in such young age. Trixie? Her bragging is justified, seeing she really is great and powerful, by her birthright. After all, she got that expensive stage from somewhere.

This would make 'Nightmare Moon' a slur, meant to show she lost her nobility by revolting, by replacing regal name with common class name. This would also mean two-words-into-one names are an attempt to emulate nobles, though anypony noble would still see them as pretenders.

This would also have interesting implication:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spitfire and Soaren so far means the Wonderbolts are possibly all-noble team (not surprising, really, with only so many spots only these with the most influence can got in)... Meaning, they will first inform RD she need shool diploma, and when she will finally got it she will be informed she needs the noble title first crushing her completely

This would explain why they didn't wanted to talk to Rainbow Dash - all these nobles around were their families/patrons, and some random fanpony with plebeian name wasn't all that interesting to them
    I've had this thought for a while, just never articulated it or gone through and checked every remotely noble pony. The theory has my support until it's randomly proven wrong. (Celestianivia Heather Sol)

edit: on the subject of pony names, I've been having a little fun lately trying to figure out how to convert my name and the names of various people around me into what they would likely be if we were all ponies. Or more accurately, what the ponified versions of our pre-existing names would be. Anyone want to play with me?
    Rather than going off a literal translation of names, which I hate (especially as I've got 'Pronin', 'Kleuge' and 'Kekuatov' in my line) I'm going to go with my gut instinct and give my Pony Name as "Metal Mask".

Gray coat, brown mane, special talent of faking things. Usually, competence.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I'm "Son of the Right Hand, son of Hans." So my identity seems to be entirely in being other peoples' son.

"What does a son-being cutie mark even look like?"
    A family tree with an arrow pointing at your name.

Not the best special talent ever.

Decided to cheat and mix visual identity and naming schemes. And what was once a quest to ponify my name just turned into turning myself into a pony. Thus was born Shimmer Snowflake, a white coated earth pony (in the end, unicorn just didn't feel right) with a chestnut brown mane and reddish berry colored eyes. Her cutie mark is a quill tucked inside a scroll.

She spends her days in a tiny apartment on the outskirts of Ponyville, penning romantic stories about the other citizens of ponyville, superficially changing their names to protect their innocence. Every so often a copy of these stories gets slipped anonymously under the door of the local library, in lieu of having an actual publisher.

There. That was equal parts fun and embarrassing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also I swear on Thanqol's grave that I'll have MS Chapter 3 up before I go to bed tonight!
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    And I swear on Thanqol's grave that I have been convinced by a friend to do a massive rewrite for FFF 5, so it is delayed again! Yay!
    You darn kids, get off my grave!

Until Identity Crisis rolls around, and he finds out that you mind-ravished him after he ravished EsperDerek.

...'s secret cupcake recipe.

And then Lix Lorn finds out that you also mind-ravished her because she argued against it.

And it's all the fault of Thanqol's ex-wife.

Er, actually...

So you don't deny being Thanqol's ex-wife and the guilty culprit? Interesting, very interesting.

Oh yeah. It's all coming together.[/Warburton]
    Well... even though I don't remember it, your logic seems sound. Maybe it did happen? I mean, I do forget important stuff like that...

And you just admitted that you are no longer married to Thanqol, so you are Thanqol's ex-wife! I is a logician!

I CONFESS! I LEFT HER TO MARRY THE SEA PONY
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-05-13 at 08:04 PM.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Banned

smile Re: My Little Pony VII: The Grand Galloping Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned when it looks like no one remembers you for ten pages...

Eight C. picture posted, though it seems only three were noticed. Oh, and figuring out something for Fridays would be nice, I guess :P
    You know, I feel kind of foolish now. I thought about you last night afore bed, and decided I would wait the official three days before commenting on Trixie not being around... And I even have proof :)

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Now, I'm off to hit the hay early. Hopefully, I'll wake up early enough to see Trixie, as well as the tart of some more conversation :)
    See, Trixie? You're not forgotten. I just assumed that, seeing as it is now Friday, you were busy. I also wasn't sure if you were still sore about me messing up your name or not.

Friends?

I am also baffled. If I didn't know as fact my cache was messed up and showing me old pictures, I'd be upset. As it stands, I guess I won't be lucky enough to see all of the pretty pictures Trixie brings us :(

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ettin in the Playground

Aaaand Chapter 3 of Misted Stage is up and ready for critique! In which Braeburn walks around and talks to a variety of interesting characters, just like the last two!

Spoiler
    Show
    Featuring at least two Chekov's Gunponies!
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-05-13 at 08:22 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crown of Thorns View Post
    Raz made Cereal's favourites.

124 submissions holy celestia this fandom is fast
    Holy crap. That's like.... 37,600 words to read through.

I will second this comment I found on EqD.

Quote Originally Posted by Present Perfect
    "They made out. It was hot."

Best. Line. Ever.

20. - Top - End - #740

@ Misted Stage:

Spoiler
    Show
    Good gracious you can make Trixie intimidating. She seems absolutely perfect for Trixie too, the perfect manifestation of Showmare Trixie.

Overall, I think this is the strongest chapter yet. It's easy to follow and provides context and characterisation for a lot of ponies and their role in this particular continuity. By this point, I'm truly hooked.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

Being still new to the series (currently watching episode 7), what is so special about Trixie? She's only in one episode, and it wasn't a particularly outstanding one.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

My first name is derived from a certain Abrahamic religion, my middle name I share with a tank engine, and my surname is a type of cracker. I'm not sure what that means in pony-speak.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

If the name is shared with a tank-engine, it's likely that tank-engine was named after something. Look deeper!

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ettin in the Playground

Upon further checking, one possible pony-form would be a pessimistic rock farmer.

I'm Pinkamena's grumpy uncle!

Edit: My name also means twin. I could be two of Pinkamena's grumpy uncles!
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-05-13 at 09:41 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Being still new to the series (currently watching episode 7), what is so special about Trixie? She's only in one episode, and it wasn't a particularly outstanding one.
    The fandom is all about one-shot ponies and their characters. I believe this was discussed in a previous thread.

26. - Top - End - #746

This is why.

I love the part where she says "The Great and Powerful Trixie"

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    This is why.

I love the part where she says "The Great and Powerful Trixie"
    I have a fever. The prescription: More Trixie!

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I have a fever. The prescription: More Trixie!
    I have a Trixie. The Trixie: Trixie Trixie!

29. - Top - End - #749
    Banned

there is almost nothing spectacular about show Trixie. She shows up once.
    Fanon Trixie is cool though; she has a deep and tragic past, amazing adventures, and has done deeds that could potentially make even Lix blush. it depends on if EsperDerek ever decides to actually write the longer uncut Dammit, brain!
    If he ever decides to elaborate.
    Forum Trixie is pretty spectacular though, so if we make a big hullabaloo about her, just join in.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Upon further checking, one possible pony-form would be a pessimistic rock farmer.

I'm Pinkamena's grumpy uncle!

Edit: My name also means twin. I could be two of Pinkamena's grumpy uncles!
    I hurt myself trying not to laugh at that. Well played, Berry Ann. well Played.

Ah, smoking breaks. So much one can do with them if one doesn't smoke.

30. - Top - End - #750

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    I have a Trixie. The Trixie: Trixie Trixie!
    Are you implying that Trixie is not the Great and Powerful Trixie? Because The Great and Powerful Trixie is Greater and More Powerful than Trixie (though that implies that Trixie could ever be not Great and Powerful)