New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Starfish Nights - Under-Sea Dance Club and Bar

STARFISH NIGHTS

The pounding of the bass ripples through the surrounding ocean as you near the club, whether by the many glass tubes or through the water itself. Though a few tubes will propel clubbers straight to or straight from the surface and shores, many simply lead to portals through which club-goers may enter.

The club itself rests upon a platform under the ocean which projects a thick bubble that keeps the water from flooding the dance floor, but may be passed through either way with ease. The exact means by which this is possible is kept a secret – mostly to prevent more unruly patrons from trying to shut it off. This ‘bubble’ allows those more accustomed to the ocean to quickly enter and exit the club without having to take a tube to or from the surface, while still keeping the landlubbers safe. Staircases lead up to the more private booths…

The lights of the club are distantly visible from HALO, and the club itself is run by Meridia.

Special Feature:

Starfish Nights boasts a clear, bottom-lit dance floor that looks down to the ocean. The dance floor can withstand enough pressure that the likelihood of it cracking even slightly is slim to none, as the safety of the dancers is the most important thing to the club.

Club Reference Map:

Spoiler
    Show

NPCs:

There are a few NPCs which may be controlled by any player (to a point, of course). Aside from the various dancers and a few bouncers, the bar contains…

The Bartender: Bruce

Bruce is a grizzled shark-man with an eye patch, a peg-leg, and a chip on his shoulder. Big and tough as nails, one might sometimes wonder why he’s serving drinks and not out there with the bouncers, but he does claim to have a soft spot for “the dames” as he might say.

Special Drinks:

Along with the host of regular wines and beers, the club boasts these specific drinks:

Starfish Rum – a special home-brew.
    Tequeela – with real eels!
    Jaws of Defeat – a cocktail with a lot of bite.
    Marlin Brandy

((More if anyone is willing to submit some puns and their descriptors. ))
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2011-06-10 at 08:07 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Starfish Nights - Under-Sea Dance Club and Bar

Outside, In the Ocean

A bar filled to the gills with aquatic ladies? Oh, shell yes. These are the exact thoughts, yes, he actually thinks in fish puns, that go through the mind of a certain sea-dweller known as Marevadum Aurqucor as he swims towards the Starfish Nights. Stepping through the bubble into the club, Marv shakes off the water clinging to his grey skin, before scanning the area for attractive, preferably fishy, ladies.

Marv is a sea-troll, by the way. He looks human, for the most part, but he has pointy teeth, candy-corn colored horns, and of course gills and webbed hands. He wears purple pantaloons, as well as several gold necklaces, rings, and other finery. No shirt though. Gi^^e a glass of Krill SVVill, if you VVill. He says to the barkeep, placing two doubloons on the counter.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-06-10 at 08:57 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #3

Goblin

There's a slight spatial distortion, and Raz appears at the bar.

He looks around, taking it all in, and grinning

'Cool. Nice place'

He turns to the barman

'Yo, Pirate shark dude! Hit me up a punless whiskey!'

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magtok somehow winds up right next to Raz at the bar, and rolls his eyes. He looks a tad buzzed, apparently he's been here for a while now.

Don't be such a bass, Raz. The puns are like half the charm of this plais.

He turns towards the bartender with a smile.

I'll have moray of your Marlin Brandy, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #5

Goblin

Raz gives him a 'look'

Oh wonderful. I just know your going to *love* this aren't you. You've been sitting here, making up lists of ridiculous puns, to annoy the first person who pops up with, and try and draw them in. Well, its not going to work, you hear. I'm going to salmon up my resolve and tuna you ou ...

Crap. Make that a double whisky would you?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruce gives some of the first patrons to the bar side of the club a nod and quickly cracks his thick, sharky neck, putting the drinks on tap. In a few moments, he is sliding each drink in sequence across the counter-top.

He leans back, holding a cigar in his huge teeth and regarding them with his good eye.

"Welcome to the openin' night, kiddos." comes his growly voice, "You need anythin' else, you run it by me - I'll set ya straight."

7. - Top - End - #7

Goblin

Raz perks up

What kind of anything else? Like other drinks? or more ... illicit stuff?

I just ask cause some places are cool with that. Not planning on causing trouble

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruce gives Raz a quizzical glance.

"Ain't smart to be up-front about a lot of things, kid, and that's one'v em. I don't sell nothin' I ain't allowed to." it's remarkable that his cigar just stays where it is no matter how much he opens his mouth. "This ain't the Black Dragon's Den."

9. - Top - End - #9

Goblin

Raz shrugs

Fair does. Not that your under anyone's rules but your own down here.

He frowns, thinking

These are international waters right?

He pauses and spins back to Magtok

We need monkeys. And knives

10. - Top - End - #10

Mag narrows his eyes at Raz, and pulls his drink closer to his chest with a suspicious leer.

Honey, I'm not going to skate around the subject, the thought of bedding you make me eel. Kipper hands away from me. Oh, and if you're going to ask the bartender for help slipping a grouper crazy concoctions in my drink, at least have the grace to do it when I'm not here right next to you, herring every word.

He bites his lip, sips at his drink, and thinks over the monkey thing.

You might be onto something with the Simpsons reference, though. Up until pirates show up and trap us all in a net for invoking that episode, I mean. I just know I'd end up one of the poor suckers drowning at the bottom of that thing.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruce shrugs in his sharky sort of way.

"Stric'ly speakin', we ain't under anybody's rules but our own, but it don't work that way, kid. So close t' the shore, it ain't smart to do things that'd get us in trouble with the shoreside law - 'specially not with HALO so close. Don't need a situation on our hands, or the sorta trash that'd blow in if we offered anythin' the shoresiders won't allow."

He grunts.

"We've got more class'n that, got it? Then we're cool."

12. - Top - End - #12

So, VVho are you? Marv asks, drinking the Krill Swill in one gulp. I'm /\/\arv. /\/\arevadum Aurqucor, actually, but just /\/\arv for short.

13. - Top - End - #13

Goblin

Raz just looks at the cyborg

'...

I was after cocaine, you massive berk.'

'although I'm pleased the reference was recognised'

He looks at the bar again

'OK man. No probs'

'Cocaine is totally classy'

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

A young woman has evidently heard about the club and come to investigate. She's an attractive young woman with long red hair, dark red eyes, and a short, tight white dress. She takes a seat at the bar. "I'll have a... Jaws of Defeat please."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruce gives the woman a nod, mixing up the cocktail of her choice. His demeanor is somewhat less gruff than it had been.

"'Ere ya go, doll. You need anythin' else, just give ol' Bruce a shout."

16. - Top - End - #16

Well, she's no sea-dweller, but what the heck. Hiya there, ^^iss. I'^^ ^^arv. And VVhat VVould a vision of beauty like yourself be called? The sea-dweller says, walking over to the lady.

17. - Top - End - #17

Lord Magtok, but Mag, Magtok, Maggy, Mags, M-Man, SuperMags, or Godking Cyborg Master of the Universe for short.

His Chrome Majesty takes another sip of his drink, and gives Raz another look.

Whoa, no. Cocaine is like, the opposite of classy, buddy. It's what slimy Colombian guys in expensive, sweat-stained suits put on their five dollar whoreburgers when they go out to eat at the Burger Junta. If you want a classy narcotic, you put Habafropzipulops in your pipe. That stuff is as classy as illicit chemical abuse gets.

He then turns towards that newer lady with a silly grin.

Jaws? Best be careful with that, dearie. The first one is amazing, and the second is alright, but by the third or fourth most people tend to wonder why they didn't put an end to the stupid thing before things got ridiculous.

Oh, and the drink's pretty strong, too.

Oh Maggy. The place just opened, and already you're trying to corny joke your way into getting some sort of tab or favorite customer discount. You're so cheap it's disgusting.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

A sudden sploosh, and a flop, as a mermaid comes through the bubble, smacking into the floor. With sleek blonde hair done up rather fashionably with an attractive whale-bone clasp, and startlingly blue eyes, she's quite the looker, especially with the little black dress she's wearing, which is, needless to say, soaking wet, and clinging to every curve.
    Or rather, she'd be quite the looker, if she'd be able to stand up properly, for as soon as she manages to pull herself upright, her iridescent green tail suddenly slips on the slick dance floor, sending her sprawling.
    "Hey- *flop* handsome!" She cries, signalling to the sharkman waiter. "Be a *flop* dear and get me a *flop* martuna, extra dry with a *flop* twist, wouldn't you?"
    Her order made, the mermaid turns her attentions back to her failing attempts at ambulation, snarling at the rebellious floor.
    "An underwater *flop* dance club without a *flop* pool section? What kind of *flop* rinky-dink hole in the trench is this, anyways? It's an *flop* outrage!"
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2011-06-10 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"S'more for the landlubbers' benefit than ours - some folks don't mind dancin' just outside the bubble, neither. Still, I could look inna it, if you're the one who was askin'."

He whips up the drink with masterful ease, setting it on the counter.

"Ya need help gettin' over 'ere, doll?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

*tears self away from Minecraft* >.>

The woman chuckles at Mags, actually getting the joke. Being a native Nexus born has its perks. "Thanks, will do." She says to Bruce.

She regards the troll with some skepticism. "Morgana. Just Morgana." Maybe she's not interested in those outside her race? Though, she did give Bruce a big enough smile.

21. - Top - End - #21

HoVV nice to ^^eet you. Marv says, smiling. Can I buy you a drink?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

The mermaid eventually just settles with sitting on the floor, supporting herself with her arms.
    "It would be appreciated..." She says, pouting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"When I'm done this one I could use another. The cyborg is right, you should really stop after two." I wonder if she'll spontaneously remember why Magtok is familiar?

She suddenly looks at Maggy with more interest. "Are you... Magtok?" Looks like right about now.

24. - Top - End - #24

Mag smiles, and opens up a palm to reveal a tiny Magbot, which takes a bow and tips its hat to the young lady. Useful to have that sort of thing around, when you're sitting somewhere and it'd just be too much of a hassle to move about.

Channel 13's star reporter, master of machines and mayhem, soon-to-be Nexus Villain Monologue Champion, and dastardly evil genius AMENite? In the fifty three-percent flesh, yes.

He nibbles on a knuckle and frowns.

Oh, and about 0.11 percent brandy. Just blood-wise and on my right side, I mean.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #25

Yeah... I'^^ beginning to regret not stopping at none. Marv says, grimacing, As you two obviously need to talk, I'll just excuse ^^yself. I'll be back to buy you that drink though. With a wink, Marv dives back through the bubble and into the water.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgana glances at the troll leaving and proceeds to slide closer to Magtok. She gives the magbot an amused look, but is mostly interesting in Maggy. "It's really something else to meet someone as, well, big as you in the flesh. I'm Morgana."

27. - Top - End - #27

Goblin

Raz looks like he's about to further espouse the virtues of his favourite drug, before noticing the change in scenery.

Fifty three percent? I think he's ... overstating the dimensions of his organic parts a little

He smirks, and twists space so that there's a good metre gap between Magtok and the bar. A space he then fills, switching his attention to Morgana, and giving her a dazzling smile..

The name's Raz. Master Thief, Master Mage.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgana blinks in surprise. Well that is an interesting power, isn't it. She turns her full attention to Raz and a small smirk colours her face. This one might be a better target. Not as high risk.

"Well hello there." She crosses her legs very deliberately and sips at her drink. "Master mage you say? That's impressive." She gestures between Maggy and the bar. "What else can you do?"

29. - Top - End - #29

After a bit, Marv returns, looking a bit paler than before when he steps back into the bubble. Least he didn't throw up inside the club. That "alcohol" stuff was disgusting.

30. - Top - End - #30

A man enters the bar. he wears a lab coat and has a fur and bunny ears what may cause people to think he is a viera.

"Hmm A new bar let's look what they got here."

He goes for the bar then.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK