New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thac0?

1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Thac0?

Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
    The combat chapter of my second edition PHB clearly states that a -10 Armor class is the best and a 10 the worst, and I always played that you couldn't go lower.
    Yes, but as noted up thread this was not the case in the first edition of AD&D, which is what Simpering Toad is referring to. Why they decided to change things with second edition is not particularly clear, but it probably has something to do with the natural 20/natural 1 rule, which was also a change from first to second edition.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've only played 3.5 and 4e, but both systems seem easy enough to learn.

A lot of you where saying that you made charts for THAC0, why not do the same for BAB? I always play with a cheat sheet that has quick reference to the bonus I roll no matter the situation. And other thank playing a caster with a ton of spells it never gets to long. I don't know, just seems an obvious answer to minimize on the fly math.

Posting provokes an attack of opportunity by all who see it. Such attacks are unable to be dodged by any means. Making such an attack of opportunity provokes an attack of opportunity.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpuppy
    All those who dislike philosophy or sociology, kindly [rest of post lost due to semantic corruption. Whether this corruption is purely textual in nature, or more implicative, also depends upon your point of view. ]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DemLep View Post

A lot of you where saying that you made charts for THAC0, why not do the same for BAB? I always play with a cheat sheet that has quick reference to the bonus I roll no matter the situation. And other thank playing a caster with a ton of spells it never gets to long. I don't know, just seems an obvious answer to minimize on the fly math.
    Part of it, DemLep, is that I find that 3e modifiers change a lot more. If you've got iterative attacks, they each have a different bonus, and it is, IME, a lot more common to have different modifiers round-to-round than in earlier editions.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DemLep View Post

A lot of you where saying that you made charts for THAC0, why not do the same for BAB?
    Cause some of us don't play that version... ;)