New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

He supposed it was somewhat flattering, being targeted to such an extent. At the very least it meant that the opponents understood how to prioritize their targets such that he was a greater priority. They were tenacious, not altogether a bad trait for a trainer to have really. He should have recalled Ender the second paralysis took effect but his late response was regrettable. Winning wasn't very likely at this point but he didn't plan to go down without a fight. He casually withdrew the pokeball containing his Drilbur and flicked it toward the field.

"Simon, don't let up."

Simon could use the experience at least.

Spoiler
    Show

Fury Swipes @ Butterfree
    EOT - 3 - Normal
    Attack Roll: (1d20)[20]
    Attack Roll: (1d20)[10]
    Attack Roll: (1d20)[15]
    Attack Roll: (1d20)[9]
    Attack Roll: (1d20)[16]

Damage Roll: (1d10+7)[16]
    Damage Roll: (1d10+7)[10]
    Damage Roll: (1d10+7)[10]
    Damage Roll: (1d10+7)[11]
    Damage Roll: (1d10+7)[15]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-03-31 at 09:29 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

The forum ate my post. This post is to make it show up.

EDIT: One of those is a crit. If I remember correctly a critical hit adds the damage dice from the roll to the total damage. So I guess that first damage roll is actually 25 instead of 16.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-03-31 at 09:33 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeah, no. 1800, tops," Adela says. She was guessing this guy wanted to make the sale pretty bad, if the look on his face was any indication. "Especially considering what that little gadget of yours just did to you. I'm not paying over 1k for something so liable to go haywire on me like that."

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

The Double Battle:
    As soon as Simon comes out of his pokeball, he's already taken down a peg.
    "Butterfree, Stun Spore!"
    The Butterfree dashes Simon with the same yellow powder that took down Ender, slowing him down far too much for him to make any immediate movements.
    "Sableye, Fury Swipes!"
    The Sableye charges at Simon, raking at him before Simon can manage to attack the Butterfree with his own Fury Swipes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    28 damage total to Simon.

Simon manages to muscle through the paralysis long enough to leap up and attack the Butterfree. With one powerful swipe it's on the ground, at which point Simon proceeds to maul the hapless bug, bits of wing and dust flying in every which way. It's easily knocked out, and then some.
    Mark grimaces, then recalls the Butterfree and sends out his next pokemon.
    "Go, Karrablast!"
    Big Dipper remains quite asleep.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Simon gains 600 xp. Big Dipper gains 300 xp.
    Sorry for weighting it old lug, but you weren't helping much.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2012-04-03 at 04:45 AM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    "Done."
    He answers quickly, taking his device and the ball and running to the back of the room, foraging through some tools. He pops open the ball, and works on attaching the device to the inside top and bottom, taking out and removing screws and panels as he goes. It takes about 5 minutes in total, before he looks down on his handiwork and nods. "And now for the finishing touches..."
    He takes the ball, and runs inside, slamming the door behind him
    It wakes the Espeon, who yawns, and stretches. It pads over in your general direction, cocks its head... and its eyes start glowing.
    The tables around you rumble, rattling their contents. A socket wrench falls onto the ground. Pipes groan in the walls. Then there's a snap, and a rush behind you, and it all stops.
    The sink you were standing in front of has been turned on, and the Espeon leaps up on the table beside it, laps up some water, and goes back to sleep.
    Meanwhile, Vince returns with his finished product. He's added a yellow electrical design extending from the yellow slashes on the quick ball.
    "To differentiate it from others. Well then, that'll be 1800 poke."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:
    When she hears about your involvement in Omni, Mz. Summers makes a slight frown.
    "Hm. Well, that is disappointed. I couldn't imagine it was Mr. Job who developed it... if you could give me any information as to just who was the mastermind towards that end, I'd appreciate it."
    She gives you a skeptical look as you tell her of your plans.
    "And this bug catching competition will help you how...? To seek out trainers who probably are not Sandberg natives to drag all the way to the desert, in lieu of experienced rangers who know the area?"
    She sighs.
    "Mr. Walker, I am going to be frank with you. I do not agree with Mr. Job's laissez faire way of handling these things. I am not a bitch- in fact, you might consider yourself fortunate that I took this position, as opposed to some of the other slave drivers in upper management here- but if you're going to dally around Aschen, it's coming out of your vacation time. Understood?"
    She doesn't sound mad, or anything along those lines- it seems she's just a relatively blunt person. Judging by her tone, and the way she talks about Markus, you suspect she may have been expecting to have such a talk with you.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela fishes out the necessary bills from her wallet, takes the ball, and hands over the cash. "I'll be back in a day or so to get the shocky thing removed," she says. "Vichi, we're going."

The riolu drops the apricorn bits he had been playing with and scrambles to catch up with his trainer. "We'll just get some food, heal up, and head off tomorrow. I'd like to get one night of sleep in a bed, at least. Some batteries wouldn't be amiss either," she adds to herself.

Spoiler
    Show

Restoring Whirlwind and a night at the Center is 210 Poke, I believe. I am not afraid to whirlwind out of the encounter if the Pokeball fails.

So, a total of 2010 Poke deducted from Adela's wallet, plus however much some batteries for the lantern would cost.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2012-04-08 at 02:18 AM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    You find yourself back in Axelo in the late afternoon, and the town is already settling down; the miners tend to keep to an early schedule, and so the rest of the town does as well.
    You manage to find a battery for your lantern easily enough- it is a mining town, after all- and when you return to the pokemon center, you find the nurse there is sitting in her chair, head back, snoring away. You decide not to bother her, and head up to the rooms.
    It's a spartan affair- cheap wooden bunks in a hostel type setting- but it's a spring mattress in an air conditioned building, and after all that hiking it's quite nice enough.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, let's say 40 poke for the batteries, and I believe I said it's 200 per night for the room at the pokemon center- correct me if I'm wrong, though.
    Of course, considering the nurse didn't see you checking in, you could always try sneaking out in the morning without paying.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2012-04-10 at 02:52 AM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Cmon, Dipper! Faint Attack!" T.J. says, faintest desperation in his voice. He'll help how he can, though. "Do you have a Paralyze heal?" He asks Nathan, pulling out his own offering it to Nathan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sleep Check (1d20)[2]
    Faint Attack: Cannot Miss
    Damage: (1d20+10)[27]

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan nodded in appreciation and shot one of his rare smiles at the younger trainer. "Thank you, this will definitely help." Healing Simon's paralysis would help tremendously, shifting the odds slightly back into their favor, though not by much. "Let's see if we can even the playing field some..."

"Simon, you know what to do."

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking Karrablast.
    (1d20)[19] - Metal Claw Accuracy Check - 3
    (2d8+26)[40] - Metal Claw Damage
    Simon's attack is raised by one stage.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-04-09 at 09:57 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

As soon as Nathan uses the paralyze heal, Simon starts to look better. Nathan remembers from his studies something about paralysis, involving the electrical impulses in a pokemon's cardiovascular system, and that a paralyze heal effectively 'resets' the system through a dose of adrenaline... Anyways, it works, and quickly, and that's enough for most trainers. Especially in this instance: Simon leaps up, and slashes at the Karrablast in mid-air. It falls, staggers, gets up... and then falls again. Taken out in one shot!
    "Karrablast!" The other trainer recalls his pokemon. The owner of the Sableye- Mark, you think- looks nervous.
    "Sableye, Astonish!"
    The Sableye puts on a surprising burst of speed, leaping in front of Simon and letting out a screech. Simon is staggered, but still very much in the game!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sableye deals 16 damage, after defenses, to Simon.

And Big Dipper manages to stay asleep, even after all this. One would think he's napping on purpose!
    Spoiler
    Show
    200 xp to Simon, before modifiers, and 100 to Big Dipper.

12. - Top - End - #342

It's two on one now. Okay, not really, but almost! Simon was amazing, taking two pokemon down on his own. If Dipper can just wake up, he could help, but T.J. can't wait anymore. It would be an embarassment if Nathaniel did all the work and won, or worse, they lost because his pokemon was too busy snoozing. They would knock Simon out and even the odds then work on Big Dipper. That couldn't happen. "Sorry Dipper," He says as he returns Dipper to his pokeball. "Bruja, Your up!" T.J. releases his Murkrow. He's provided a new target, even if the Sableye takes Bruja in a single shot, Simon can get his attack in, and if Simon takes the hit, T.J. won't have to wait through Dipper waking up.

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

Well, he hadn't expected that but who there was simply no reason to let such fortuitous turn of events go to waste. It was just bad luck that Ender had gone down so easily and Nathan had no doubt that had his magnemite stayed in the battle for longer than it had, the battle would have already been won. Luckily, when Ender was unable to battle Simon was easily able to pick up the slack.

He would not allow himself to get cocky though, his previous level of confidence lead to his starter Pokemon's early K.O. after all.

Attacking Sableye.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[18] - Metal Claw Accuracy Check - 3
    (2d8+29)[38] - Metal Claw Damage
    Simon's attack stage rises.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-04-18 at 09:52 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela smirks at the sleeping nurse as she walks in. If the nurse hadn't seen her enter, she could easily leave in the morning rush. She stays awake just long enough to kick off her shoes and recall Vichi into his pokeball before climbing into one of the beds and falling asleep.

In the morning, she heads out back to the lake, with Screech up and ready for battle and an ever-so-slightly-illegal Quick Ball hidden near the bottom of her bag, wrapped in socks. If the nurse stops her, she'll pay with a mumbled apology about forgetting and being in a rush. The last thing she wanted was to draw attention to herself.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

The Double Battle
    Simon lashes out at the Sableye, and strikes true. What's more, it seems to seriously injure the creature... And yet, it is not enough.
    "Sableye! Astonish!"
    With a relatively weak blow, Simon is down for the count.
    Spoiler
    Show
    10 damage to Simon

It's just TJ and one of the twins, now.

Adela
    You leave in the early morning, surreptitiously heading out the door. You hope to avoid the attention of the nurse there, but you seem to have caught her eye. You brace yourself... But she just nods at you, and goes about her business. Either she doesn't know, or doesn't care. Whichever, it seems to be working in your favor.
    You find your way to the cave by noon, and it's not long before you find the lake there too. What's the plan of attack? And, well, first things first, how do you plan to draw it out?

16. - Top - End - #346

"I-I'm sorry Nathaniel," T.J. mutters. T.J. has been a lead weight thus far, now was his chance to make up for it. "B-Bruja! Pursuit!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Pursuit Accuracy roll: (1d20)[9] Min 2

(1d12+6)[10]+10atk+2stab

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    The Sableye doesn't seem fazed much at all by Bruja's assault; it takes it rather well in standing.
    "Sableye, get 'em with a fury swipes!"
    The Sableye rakes out with its claws, but Bruja manages to avoid all but the first swipe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    10 damage to Bruja.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2012-04-27 at 10:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

When she hears about your involvement in Omni, Mz. Summers makes a slight frown.
    "Hm. Well, that is disappointed. I couldn't imagine it was Mr. Job who developed it... if you could give me any information as to just who was the mastermind towards that end, I'd appreciate it."
    She gives you a skeptical look as you tell her of your plans.
    "And this bug catching competition will help you how...? To seek out trainers who probably are not Sandberg natives to drag all the way to the desert, in lieu of experienced rangers who know the area?"
    She sighs.
    "Mr. Walker, I am going to be frank with you. I do not agree with Mr. Job's laissez faire way of handling these things. I am not a bitch- in fact, you might consider yourself fortunate that I took this position, as opposed to some of the other slave drivers in upper management here- but if you're going to dally around Aschen, it's coming out of your vacation time. Understood?"
    She doesn't sound mad, or anything along those lines- it seems she's just a relatively blunt person. Judging by her tone, and the way she talks about Markus, you suspect she may have been expecting to have such a talk with you.

At his new superior's questions, Gavin shrugs, before replying, "The bug-catching contest draws trainers from all parts of Aschen, so there's certainly the chance that I could find capable individuals there. More importantly, I intend to use the opportunity to add to my own roster - while the Armaldo that will be available for capture would be a significant boost to my own capabilities, I'll be looking more for something along the lines of a Heracross, Forretress or Durant... perhaps a Shroomish or Breloom as well. Something that will be more effective against the ground and rock Pokemon that are commonly found in deserts."
    His expression is one of near boredom as he continues, "If you feel that it's not worthwhile to make certain I'm capable of surviving in the desert even if I can't put together a full expedition team, then by all means deduct from my vacation time - though I would hope you see the sense in my wanting to have a competent roster of Pokemon to work with. Though if there's anything that R&D might need field-tested that could be useful here, feel free to have it sent to me, if you'd rather I spend the time working. I certainly wouldn't object to something that could give me an advantage during this."
    One would think that she would have been given this job to begin with if the higher-ups thought she was capable of doing it to begin with. Gavin thinks, before concluding, "At any rate, I will be departing for Sandberg after the contest is finished - though in the meantime, I do need to make preparations, both for the contest and the travel north that will follow. Unless you had something else, Maria?"

Spoiler
    Show
    And the greatly delayed post is complete. Anyway, Gavin's next course of action is going to be looking for supplies for the Bug-Catching contest, so I'll have to look over the stuff for custom Pokeballs. Is there any special Rocket Inc. stuff that I might want to look for(I do remember you mentioned they tend to make some "interesting" custom stuff somewhere in the OOC)?
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-04-27 at 11:12 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #349

"A-again!" he commands his Murkrow. He just needs to put this Sableeye down, for his own pride at least.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pursuit Accuracy roll: (1d20)[12] Min 2

(1d12+6)[11]+10atk+2stab

My Characters

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    Brujah connects well, but the Sableye still doesn't seem too badly damaged.
    "Sableye, Scratch it!"
    The Sableye rakes at the Murkrow- another hit like that and Brujah will be down for the count!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sableye deals 16 damage, after defense.
    Anyways, this is taking a really long time, and it's basically just gonna be back-and-forwards at this point. Want to finish things up over chat? I'll be available tomorrow evening, and all day Wednesday.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan pinched the bridge of his nose and emitted a low, hissing sigh. Things were not going well and if the bad luck continued he would be out five-grand. True, the battle was far from over and still wasn't 'unwinnable' but the cards were definitely not in their hands at the moment. He shouldn't have tried to bluff the other team, and in all likelihood Tony's slowpoke was stronger than the Murkrow; a recent catch no doubt. However, a negative attitude would do neither him nor his teammate any good given the situation.

"Good, uh hustle. We can still pull this off," he cheers, with all the animation a trainer with two knocked out pokemon can muster. Which is to say, not much at all. Still, it was the thought that counted right?

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:
    Maria steeples her fingers, listening to your words patiently. When you finish, she thinks a minute, sighs, and speaks slowly.
    "Mr. Walker. You are a researcher. If we wanted a pokemon to be caught, we would hire a trainer to do it. Not you. Why should we pay you to go out and catch a pokemon, when we could pay someone else who could do so more efficiently? Someone who is qualified to do so? That is what is known as an inefficient use of resources."
    She shakes her head.
    "If you want a pokemon to use against ground types, all you need do is ask."
    She goes to her computer, typing for a few moments.
    "We have a fine Swadloon available. Tell you what, I'll send it over to the Moira pokemon center, no deductions, and you forget about this bug catching competition silliness. Sound good?"

Nathan:
    As you're watching the battle, you feel someone slap you on the back. Turning around, you see that it's Jack. He nods, smiling, and pulls you aside. "You did good, kid. That's a powerful Drilbur you've got there. Tell me, what are you planning to do after this?"

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin thinks for a moment about the offer. Swadloon... A Bug/Grass Pokemon... useful against Ground and Rock types, though far from ideal against Fire types - then again, Archon and Lyle both would excel there. And it would be simpler than the contest, as well. Finally, he nods, and says, "That will do quite well, Maria. I will admit, I've mostly been working under the expectation that I was to acquire my own Pokemon... it's good to know that I won't have to worry about such. If you'll send that along, I'll go ahead and restock my own supplies here before heading out towards Sandberg."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:
    Maria replies with a smirk. "I did say I'd be more hands-on than Mr. Job. You are employed by the most powerful corporation in the world, Gavin. Learn to use that to your advantage.
    Now then, I have other business to attend to, so unless you have anything else to add, I'll be signing off."

Due to the upcoming bug catching contest, you can currently find just about any standard product imaginable here in Moira.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swadloon: Female, Level 21, Moves: String Shot, Tackle, Bug Bite, Razor Leaf, Camouflage (Egg), Protect.
    Nature: Jolly, Ability: Leaf Guard
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2012-05-10 at 02:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355

Worried about how the fight was going, T.J. couldn't see much alternative to keep on course. "Again!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Acc. Roll (1d20)[17]

Damage (1d12+6)[8]+10+2

((So this won't be a completely barren week from me, we can continue the tet a tet for one more round.))

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

The Sableye takes another feeble hit from Bruja, and again, doesn't seem too fazed by it.
    "Sableye, Fury Swipes!"
    The Sableye leaps up as Bruja is airborne, raking her across the wing. The Murkrow is downed, and the Sableye leaps on top of it, ripping into its body over and over in a brutal assault.
    Spoiler
    Show
    49 damage to Bruja, after defense.

27. - Top - End - #357

As his Murkrow hits the ground and is savaged by the Sableeye, T.J.'s Eyes begin to widen as he understands what's happening. "It's down, s-stop... It's down!" It lies there, not even twitching. "Oh no..." He covers his hand with his mouth. He attempts to pull Bruja back into her pokeball, but is horrified when it doesn't work. "I... What do I do?" Tears begin to form in his eyes, he hadn't had the Murkrow for long but it was still his. "J-jack, Nathaniel, w-what am I supposed to do r-right now?" He covers his eyes with his forearm and turns away from his doubles partner. "W-what's the etiquette for c-continuing the match?"

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan watched as the Murkrow took the damage, halting any notion of conversation Jack had initially planned. Pokemon died every day but he could not help but grimace, it was probably the kid's first Pokemon death after all. There wasn't much in the books about Pokemon deaths in combat, except that a trainer should do his best to avoid it.

And quite honestly, there wasn't really much to do outside of combat except to hope for the Pokemon to come through alive or give it a final farewell. "You don't. Either you forfeit the match now and we do our best to save Bruja or you keep battling and scrap out a victory." However, if the Murkrow's training was any indication, a victory was well a ways out of their grasp, especially given his young partner's emotional state.

"And the only etiquette,"
    Nathan began, "is knowing not to use a powerful move on an opponent who obviously out of his league, avoiding deaths altogether. Especially when their Pokemon is obviously flagging." He punctuated his statement by affixing a pointed glare at the pair opposite him.

"And in any case, you're not in any state to be battling. I think it would be best if you stay away from battles for now. We're going back to the center now. Bring the Murkrow with you, the nurses will know what to do with it."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-05-16 at 12:44 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan & TJ:
    "No."
    Jack strides into the center of the arena. As he speaks, he sounds more pissed off than anything else.
    "No, no no no no. You will not forfeit the match. You still have a pokemon, so we will call it a draw. Agreed?"
    He looks pointedly at Mark and Barry. They look very uncomfortable. He takes the money out of his wallet, and hands each of you the appropriate amount.
    "Just... just go back to the fucking pokemon center, okay?"
    He pulls a few more bills out of his wallet, handing you each an additional 100 poke.
    "For the healing expenses."
    You all start to head out, but Jack pulls Mark and Barry back. "Not you two. You two can meet up with the rest later. For now, we're gonna have a talk."

Back at the pokemon center, it's lively as ever, with boys from their group running about. The very tired, overworked nurse sighs as she sees the Murkrow. She examines it a moment, then shakes her head.
    "Sorry, kid..."
    She sighs.
    "Nothing I can do at this point. We've got a Pokemon Cemetery out back, if you'd like. You'll have to do it yourself, but it's free, at least."
    At this point there's a gathering of the boys, looking at the dead Murkrow with something close to but not quite reverence.
    TJ:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jack gave you 3,000 poke, instead of the 1,000 you put in.

Nathan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quickly enough Jack returns, with Mark and Barry in tow. He has a brief discussion with another one of the older boys- as old as Jack, even- then approaches you.
    "Hey. Crazy day, huh? But, well, the kid probably shouldn't have been battling like that to begin with.
    You, though, you seem like a pretty competent trainer. Tell ya what, want to have a battle in the morning, once your pokemon are healed? I'll make it even sweeter: both of yours against one of mine. Whaddaya say?"
    He smiles. He looks pretty confident, but you don't think he's trying to sucker you either.

30. - Top - End - #360

"No I mean," T.J. struggles to speak but the events happen too fast for him. He didn't want the battle to end. He would have kept going but, they were all right. Damn it, he cried again. The events pass over him and he can't bring himself to intercede, taking the money and carrying his Murkrow to the center.

"Ah, yes Ma'am. Thank you," he answers the nurse. He goes around back to search for a shovel and a good spot for Bruja.

My Characters