New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

Adela considered sitting down and decided against it. Bane... Actually, he was okay in the water, but even so, Screech was far stronger. And far more capable of saving her again if everything went haywire for that matter. But... Bane could bite, and she was fairly sure Magikarp were supposed to be, to put it bluntly, Magikarp. Ineffective. Useless and worse than useless. Maybe all he needed was a kick in the rear... fin, she supposed... to evolve. And if not, Magikarp weren't exactly what one would call rare.

She kneels down and fishes through her backpack to liberate the modified Quick Ball from her old socks. The spider felt strange and the ball was weighted slightly differently, she'd have to make sure it didn't affect her throwing accuracy, not that it was what one would call difficult to hit something as big as THAT. After some mental debating, she puts the lantern down and sends Bane out. He splashes into the water. "Alright, time to show that overgrown Tentacruel what you're made of," she says, more for her own benefit than Bane's. "Er, swim around. Not too far away from shore. If something grabs you, bite it. Hard."

Adela wasn't sure if Bane knew how to bite gently, but if he did, exercising that little skill on the Tentacruel wasn't exactly a perfect tactical decision.

Spoiler
    Show

So, the plan is pretty much 'live bait'. Do Tentacruel eat Magikarp?
    The bite is to draw the Tentacruel out, not actually to start the encounter.... don't want to waste the Quick Ball.

If that doesn't work, Plan B is 'more rocks' and Plan C is 'Screech-as-bait'.

When it shows up:
    Trainer action is obviously capturing.
    Capture Roll - (1d100-20)[-11] - Whatever other modifiers are involved.
    EDIT: O_O. Look at that roll!
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2012-05-16 at 02:11 AM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    You find a decently sized, fenced in plot of land littered with graves; some look to be decades old. In a shed to the side is something of a stake with a bit of a sign on it (for an epitaph) and a claw at the top, for the pokeball of the deceased pokemon. It's all a rather cheap plastic affair, but it seems functional. Nearby are also a few shovels. You also note that there are no coffins to be had; apparently they're just to be buried in the dirt.
    Taking one of each, you cast about for a decent plot; it's rather crowded. As you search, you look at a handful of the epitaphs; there's a handful of Rattata, Pidgey and the like, and others with names that are difficult to discern. Some exotic, some simple, some with... interesting messages (Sage: the only woman I ever loved.)
    Finally, you find a clear area out in a corner, and set to digging; as you do so, you notice scattered bones in the dirt. You should've been expecting it, really, but it's still rather unsettling. And finally you give Bruja a proper burial.

Ajadea:
    "Alright, time to show that overgrown Tentacruel what you're made of," you say, as Bane swims around stupidly in the water. You begin to have misgivings about using Bane in such a way- granted, Magikarp aren't rare... but you started to doubt he had any chance at all against that monster.
    "Er, swim around. Not too far away from shore. If something grabs y-"
    Before you can finish, the Tentacruel bursts out of the water, and ignoring Bane entirely, goes straight for you! However, being nimble, you manage to avoid all but a glancing blow from the Tentacruel, and on reflex throw the modified quick ball. It doesn't act at all as a normal ball, at first- it simply hovers above the beast, as if capturing a pokemon but in slow motion, enveloping it in glowing yellow electricity. The Tentacruel shrieks, screaming in agony and flailing its tentacles about. One strikes you across the chest, sending a jolt of electricity through your body as it sends you flying through the air. Landing hard, it seems that the glow of the electricity is fading... and then you realize that you're just blacking out.

Coming to some time later- not that you'd be able to tell- all is mostly still, aside from that Magikarp. It seems Bane was sent flying out of the water, and now he's flopping and flailing about, 'karp'ing helplessly, unable to find the lake. Your lantern sits a good ways away, waterlogged and cracked but thankfully still functional.
    And the quick ball lies at the edge of the lake, still.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela forces herself upright, ignoring the protests of her aching body. Given that she wasn't being eaten by a Tentacruel, she supposed it had worked. Bane's cries remind her that she actually DID have a Pokemon out at that time - and he'd survived the electricity too. "Nice job, Bane. You found it." Her only half-smothered giggle sounded quite hysterical indeed, but then again, this seemed like the perfect time to be hysterical. She recalls him and picks up the quick ball. "Murderous water-type count: two," she says to no one in particular. Carefully (very carefully), Adela wraps the Quick Ball in socks again before sticking it in a side pocket of her backpack, picking up the lantern, and beginning the long walk back to the surface. After a moment of thought, she lets Vichi out to walk beside her. She really didn't feel like she was in any shape to be fighting even a Geodude at the moment.

Vichi thought his trainer looked like she'd been flattened. Her and the glowy thing she'd been carrying. Flattened by something very wet. And there was a slight smell of singed hair. He told her so, but she didn't respond.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2012-05-17 at 08:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

Burying Bruja gives him time to think of what he wants to say on her sign. He decides on something simple.

Bruja: My friend

Finishing with the stake, epitaph, and pokeball left behind in the dirt, he returns to the pokemon center. First to the bathroom to wash his hands, then to the lobby to see if he can find the twins.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Ajadea:
    You get up, and head towards the exit of the cave. It's a dark, dank passage, though- exacerbated by the fact that the reflector in your lantern is trashed, making it a less efficient light source.
    As you trudge your way through the cave, only wanting to get out, you manage to step on something... squishy.
    "WAH!"
    A scream comes from your side, and something huge, hard, and blue smacks into you, knocking you off-balance and onto the ground.
    "WOBBUFFET!"
    Looking up, you see the strange blue pokemon standing in an awkward pose, looking off into the distance, and... standing still as a statue. You get up, brushing yourself off, and it's still frozen. You think you can see its slanted eyes tracking you, though... and you feel a strange chill run through you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Primordial Tentacruel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 29
    Base stats before nature:

Hit Points: 12
    Attack: 8
    Defense: 7
    Special Attack: 7
    Special Defense: 8
    Speed: 10

Nature: Adamant.
    Ability: Clear Body.

Moves:
    Slam
    Constrict
    Acid
    Wrap
    Water Pulse
    Screech
    Dive

Size:
    Height : 8’ 6” / 2.6m (Large)
    Weight : 297.6 lbs. / 135kg (5)
    Capabilities: Same as normal Tentacruel.

Bane gains 435 xp.
    And, finally, you took 42 damage from the Tentacruel's attack, as well as 4 from the Wobbuffet's counter.

TJ:
    The twins are nowhere to be found in the lobby of the pokemon center, though you can see just about everyone else: Nathan, and Jack, who gives you a reassuring nod.

6. - Top - End - #366

Jack will do. He can show T.J. where the twins are, or at least pass on the message. Besides, he owes him an apology too. "J-j-jj-jack," he says before hurriedly slapping his hand over his mouth. That was a horrible one. "I w-w-wanted t-to say I w-was s-sorry." Why was it so bad? Why now!? "Tt-to you and the t-twins." Embarrassment and frustration wash over his face. He wanted to bury himself in a hole. "F-for making ever-ryone drop the match. Th-they also di-didn't any s-scolding. W-where are they?"

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela stares at the Wobbuffet for a long moment before continuing on down the passageway, dragging Vichi behind her and praying that THING wasn't going to follow her.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    You leave, and the Wobbuffet remains still as a statue, as far as you can tell. It seemed you'd stepped on its sensitive tail, and that's why it lashed back at you.
    Anyways, you continue through the caves. As you round a corner, though, you hear some rustling behind you. You turn around, and see nothing... but then, through some sort of intuition, check around the corner.
    You're nearly floored by surprise when you see the Wobbuffet standing there, unmoving, still as a statue. Again, it doesn't seem to be doing anything, so you continue on your way.
    Glancing over your shoulder you see it's standing in the middle of the corridor. Still as a statue. You continue, and glance over your shoulder once again. It's closer. And still as a statue. The damn thing seems to be stalking after you... so long as you're not looking at it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    For reference
    Further reference: see Weeping Angels.

TJ:
    Jack lays a reassuring hand on your shoulder.
    "Listen, there's nothing to apologize about. Something bad happened today, and it was not yours nor anyone else's fault. Mark and Barry are up in their room, and they're feeling bad enough as it is without you saying you're sorry everywhere. So no more apologizing, okay?"
    He shakes you a bit by the hand on your shoulder. He has a firm grip, and it knocks you off balance a bit. He slaps you on the back, and gives you a winning grin.
    "Keep at it, kid. We'll make a champion out of you yet."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Putting away his Pokedex, Gavin heads to the shop area of the Pokecenter, picking up some supplies - mostly medicines, but also a few extra Pokeballs to replace the ones he's used. After restocking, he collects his new Swadloon, and prepares to leave. As he does, he sees a group of younger trainers in the lobby, and blinks as he recognizes Nathan. He raises an eyebrow, but shrugs, and makes his way towards the door. Our paths cross again... interesting... he thinks to himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swadloon - Rien - is statted up and on my character sheet. The following items were purchased:
    Super Potion x4
    Full Heal x5
    Revive x3
    Soda Pop x3
    Lumlum Juice x3
    Poke Ball x3

If Nathan or TJ recognizes Gavin and decides to strike up conversation, feel free.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2012-05-20 at 07:46 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela frowns, then takes out her Pokedex. She reads the entry on Wobbuffet three times, never quite letting the blue blob out of her field of vision, until she is finally satisfied that it cannot possibly harm her. Even so, when she drags Vichi along, she does her absolute best to keep her eyes on the Wobbuffet until it is out of sight.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan gives Jack a lopsided frown as he hands his Pokemon to the nurse. "After a loss like that I don't think I should be throwing myself into a fight the first chance I get." After depositing his Pokemon Nathan heads toward the magazine rack and absentmindedly flips through the latest trainer news, keeping the older trainer within his peripheral vision. When he finds what he is looking for he returns to the counter with the magazine and rounds on Jack slowly.

"Besides, if you're half as good as their hero-worship merits then I doubt your 2v1 offer is going to be a fair one." He flashes Jack one of his rare smiles, thin and hidden behind a telling smirk, "Especially when you know exactly which Pokemon I'm going to pull to use on you."

"Sorry, you seem a nice sort but I just can't accept your challenge. Maybe in a few months, if we meet again that is."

It was flattering at least.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-05-20 at 11:38 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

12. - Top - End - #372

T.J. actually struggles to stay upright after the pat on the back. "R-Right, I'm sorry- I-I mean-Thank you." He fiddles with his fingers. "I-I'm going to go to t-turn in. G-gonna try f-for S-sandsedge t-tomorrow."

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

To whom it may concern:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Temporal matters:
    It's Sunday right now. The Moira Bug-Catching competition will be held on Tuesday and Thursday. Registration is on Monday. 5,000 poke entry fee, must possess at least 1 pokedex, 2 pokemon, and 3 pokeballs.
    Adela could certainly make it if she leaves today.
    For those who don't want to enter the competition, it still presents opportunities: trainers from all over the world will be attending, as well as anyone who wants to sell stuff to them.

Gavin:
    You manage to make all of your purchases at the pokemon center, which has gained some extra stock due to the upcoming competition.

TJ:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna assume you meant Sandberg.

Jack nods. "We'll actually be headed that way ourselves, after the Bug Catching Competition. Maybe we'll run into each other there?"

Nathan:
    Jack smiles, and shrugs. "Suit yourself." He walks away with nary another word.

At the Pokemon Center:
    Though you didn't notice before due to it being already rather populated, the Pokemon Center is quickly becoming crowded by trainers arriving for the bug catching competition. In fact, you have to wonder if they'll be able to hold everyone.
    Your query is quickly answered over the intercom.

Attention Trainers: the fee for staying at the Pokemon Center has been raised to 1200 poke a night until next Friday. Please see the front desk to clear up any discrepancy in payment. Thank you, and goodnight.

This is an immediate uproar of groans, shouts, and frustrated trainers charging towards the front desk. Jack especially seems to be currently swearing vehemently at the nurse there, who looks cowed and terrified.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    The Wobbuffet stalks you through most of the caves. It disappears once you reach the exit, however. As you're walking away, you glance behind you; the Wobbuffet stands at the threshold of the cave, waving its arm in the air. Waving goodbye to you, perhaps? It then turns around, and shuffles back inside.
    Back at the pokeball-smith's hut, you give him the pokeball containing Alpha. Now out in the light, you see that it's a wreck: the surface is black and pitted, caved in and melted in some places, and the device on top is absolutely fried. He tells you that it should be mostly superficial. Should be.
    Taking the ball, he puts on some heavy duty electrical gloves and goggles, and gets to work removing it. After he unscrews it, he steels himself, and pulls it off. There seems to be some resistance, and as the devices are being pulled apart, a stream of crackling electricity arcs between them, then snaps.
    He seems surprised it went off without a hitch.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela shakes her head. "Goodbye to you too, then, creep."

She keeps a close eye on the apricorn smith as he removes the device - she didn't want Alpha to get stolen after all the work she'd put in trying to capture her. When the smith finishes, she takes the ball containing her SECOND unnaturally large and homicidal water Pokemon back with a slight amount of trepidation. Her mind buzzes with possible scenarios for malfunctioned Pokeballs and other things. Even so, she manages to wait until she is a good distance from all small and easily destroyed buildings before sending out Alpha. "Guess it's time I took a look at you, then." If the strange Tentacruel even made a threatening gesture, Adela would immediately recall it - she was still feeling those bruises and did not want to risk more so soon.

16. - Top - End - #376

((I did, sorry. That comic to the left had Sandsedge.))

"R-right, the bug catching c-contest." he says smacking his hand against his forehead. Honestly, he was interested in catching something rare, but he was going to rely on Bruja for that and... Dancho can't fight bugs, and he wouldn't make Big Dipper go it alone. Not much he can do about it now. Plenty of bugs on the way to Sandberg, if he cares at all. "Y-yeah, I guess I'll see you then." He steps around the outside of the crowd and tries to get his room, not really wanting to get in the fray.

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    Returning to your bed, you find the room packed. As most Pokemon centers have hostel-style housing- and this one is no exception- the room is noisy, cramped and stuffy. Considering the price increase, it wouldn't be that much more expensive to set up at a cheap hotel, and you'd certainly have a more comfortable sleeping arrangement.

Adela:
    The first thing that grabs your attention about the tentacruel is its size- almost twice as large as most. The coloration is off too- the normally ruby red gems are a murky moss green, the skin a paler, sickly color, and the tentacles a pallid, almost translucent beige. Beyond that, it looks a little more... Nasty than the average tentacruel. Its tentacles are knotted and covered in suckers and spines, its eyes are small and pitch black, and its skin is bumpy, in contrast to a tentacruel's normal smoothness.
    It gazes at you with murderous eyes, but obviously isn't in very good condition- it's taken some serious damage and is paralyzed, its movements dulled and sluggish. It's amazing how much damage that ball did. Against a smaller, frailer Pokemon, it could've killed it.
    As you're looking at it, another trainer approaches from the road to the west. He's a bit older, an adult, and is obviously either very experienced or very wealthy- all his gear is top notch Rocket inc. brand, and his bandolier holds six pricey looking custom pokeballs. He observes the Tentacruel for a moment, before speaking. "Is that your Tentacruel? I've been looking for one myself. Looks pretty feral, though- I can't imagine any but a very experienced trainer could control it. Why don't I take it off your hands? I'll give you 10,000 poke for the creature."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Moving through the crowd of trainers, Gavin makes his way out of the Pokemon Center. "Probably a good thing I'm not sticking around... not with that many trainers about." Making one last check of his supplies, he turns to make his way out of Moira Town, and heads north towards Sandberg.

Spoiler
    Show
    If I can get an idea of travel time, I'll be using some of my features en route.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #379

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    TJ:
    Returning to your bed, you find the room packed. As most Pokemon centers have hostel-style housing- and this one is no exception- the room is noisy, cramped and stuffy. Considering the price increase, it wouldn't be that much more expensive to set up at a cheap hotel, and you'd certainly have a more comfortable sleeping arrangement.
    That's probably true, but he's already hunkered down. T.J. feels like that's probably "Cheating" somehow. And after the loss of Bruja, he really doesn't have the energy to bother with searching. He sets down and gets to sleep, it's a long walk to Sandberg tomorrow, and he wants to try and catch a Pokemon to help with the Sandberg Gym.

My Characters

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela looks up at Alpha. Her newest acquisition was massive, a fact that hadn't exactly been clear back in the caves. And she was, to put it bluntly, ugly. Though if she squinted hard, she could kind of see how the ridges on a few of the tentacles might create the illusion of the wrong end of a Dratini, in bad lighting when heavily distorted by murky water... okay, she actually didn't have a clue what she was thinking back there, but it seemed to have worked out. The Tentacruel looked very pale, almost sickly, but perhaps that was what living in a cave did to you.

She blatantly stares for a moment at the fancy gadgets the new arrival carries. "She's mine, yeah." Ten thousand? Adela decided the trainer was crazy wealthy - she couldn't imagine casually offering so much cash for a oddly colored Tentacruel that looked like it'd been chewed up and spit out by some massive electrical beast. It was a great deal, as far as she was concerned, but there was that bug thingy farther along... "I was actually planning to go to Moira Town, see what offers I get there," she tells the other trainer. Maybe he'd raise his offer, maybe he'd lower it.

Maybe this whole effort to get bit more cash would blow up in her face... but she'd done alright with one Pokemon that wanted to eat her and one that dropped guts on her head so far. Though admittedly, a Magikarp was a lot less terrifying than a Tentacruel, teeth or no.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I was wondering why noone was replying for a few days, then I realized the forum ate my post. I'll make this quick... Grmble grmble...

Adela:
    The guy narrows his eyes, ponders a moment. He then reaches into his pocket, pulling out a wad of cash.
    "15,000. Final offer, take it or leave it."

TJ:
    Despite the general ruckus in the pokemon center- trainers coming and going and talking and yelling and laughing- you manage to slip off to sleep in minutes of your head touching the pillow, likely due to the exhausting events of the day.

You wake up late the next morning- most of the other trainers have already left the pokemon center. Going outside, you see where they all went.

The streets are abuzz with activity. While before Moira was a rather sleepy town, it's become an urban mass of bodies literally overnight. Word abounds as to the personalities coming into town- well known trainers, gym leaders, even maybe the champion. Though, really, he's (in)famous for hardly ever showing his face, so it's probably just baseless rumor.

In fact, a sizable crowd has come together to hail at least one of these people- the gym leader of Moira town. He's heading down the street, perched on top of a massive, saddled Arcanine like he was born there. The man is as accomplished a woodsman as a pokemon trainer, and his gym challenge is well known for being as much an obstacle course/wilderness trek as a pokemon battle.
    He really doesn't look that impressive... but looks can be deceiving, after all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, so what do you want to do now? "Head out" doesn't tell me much. Do you want to do anything in town first? When you go out, how do you want to go? On the main road (not many pokemon, plenty of trainers), on the side of the road to either the forest or mountain side (More pokemon, more dangerous, less people), within the forest itself (same as above, but to an even greater degree)? Do you want to stop for every person and rattata you see along the road, or what? What do you intend to accomplish along the way? Or do you just want to fast-forward to Sandberg (which is always an option)?

Gavin:
    You manage to wake up earlier than most, and slip out of the pokemon center while the festivities of the day are all being set up.
    As you walk along, nothing much catches your eye- a Sentret here, a Geodude there, it's slim pickings today- likely because of all the folks who've been coming through here lately.
    Trainers are slim pickings too. Early in the morning you come across a couple of hikers who aren't interested in a battle, and later in the afternoon you walk past a girl snoring away loudly in a tree, an Abra right beside her and equally unconscious. Probably hers, anyways.

Later, though, you do come across one trainer. She's a pretty young girl, no older than 18, and is puffing lazily on a cigarette.
    "Hey, uh..."

"Guy."
    She takes a drag on her cigarette, as if the very act of speaking is something to be regretted.
    "Wanna have a pokemon battle?"
    Well, she does have several pokeballs on her belt...

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin looks at the girl for a moment, and shrugs. "A battle? Certainly... shall we say 1000 for the stake for each of us?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

Well now. Definitely crazy. And wealthy. Adela took a final look at the Tentacruel, then withdrew her. "Deal." The words weren't without a slight tinge of regret, but the cash outweighed the doubt and one trainer-eating water Pokemon was quite enough as it was.

She hands the Tentacruel - not Alpha anymore, she was whatever he wanted to call it now - to the other trainer, then takes the cash.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

Ajadea:
    The guy chuckles, handing over the cash. "Hey, great. Don't spend it all in one place now!" He laughs a bit more, then puts on a straight face as you hand him Alpha's pokeball.
    "Hmm... Nice quick ball."
    He rummages in his bag, then pulls out a timer ball, handing it to you. Then laughs again, and saunters off like a hyena.
    ...You're not sure if you just got ripped off, or if the guy's really, really weird.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela stares for a while - she was really wondering about his mental health right now, then counts the bills he gave to her.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

Ajadea:
    The money comes to 15,000, on the nose.
    ...Doesn't seem to be counterfeit, either.
    So then. What now?

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela shrugs, pockets the cash, and heads on to Moira Town. She could definitely afford to take part in the contest now, and with Screech at her side, she was honestly more worried about killing the bugs than getting attacked by them.

She doesn't take part in any battles along the way, and generally does her best to ignore other passerby. It was probably best not to be late.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

Ajadea:
    You head over to Moira town. It becomes harder and harder to avoid passersby as you go, though- it seems that there's quite a crowd headed that way. Nevertheless, you succeed admirably on that count.
    It takes you about 24 hours, all told; you have to make camp along the way, but with your physique and drive you make very good time, getting there the next morning- signups for the Bug Catching Competition.

You find the streets abuzz with activity. While Moira is usually known as a rather sleepy town, it's become an urban mess of peoples. Word abounds as to the personalities coming into town- well known trainers, gym leaders, even maybe the champion. Though, really, he's (in)famous for hardly ever showing his face, so it's probably just baseless rumor.

In fact, a sizable crowd has come together to hail at least one of these people- the gym leader of Moira town. He's heading down the street, perched on top of a massive, saddled Arcanine like he was born there. The man is as accomplished a woodsman as a pokemon trainer, and his gym challenge is well known for being as much an obstacle course/wilderness trek as a pokemon battle.
    He really doesn't look that impressive... but looks can be deceiving, after all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently both Nathan and TJ are in the town. If you'd like to initiate something with them, go ahead. Otherwise, whaddya wanna do?

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela takes a look at the masses and decides to withdraw Vichi before he runs off into the crowd. She pretty much ignores the gym leader - that really wasn't what she was here for. Though the Arcanine looked quite impressive, she had to admit. Maybe after traveling and training, if she could fill out her team and cajole them into not hating her guts, she'd come back and challenge the gyms. But at the moment just getting Bane to evolve and attempting to avoid a gruesome death at the hand - or paw, or tentacle - of whatever Pokemon happened to be nearby was more than enough.

She finds her way to the Pokemon Center to take a look at their Pokeball selection. She needed three to take part, but she definitely wanted a few extra to fall back on, and for later down the road as well.

(Breaking here - if anyone wants to interact, feel free to accost her at the counter. I need to update to 1.30.)

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    You come into the pokemon center to find, naturally, a bustle of activity. It's quite packed; people coming in for the bug catching competition, naturally.
    The nurse on duty apologetically tells you that all supplies have been marked up 20% due to the high demand; beyond that, they're currently plum out of most special types of balls (especially net balls), with only pokeballs, ultra balls and heavy balls remaining. The nurse also informs you that each person entering the competition will be given a premier ball, to mark the occasion.
    At the same time, you're aware that sometimes these premier balls can grow to be quite valuable as collector's items if they were gotten at an event that was exceptional somehow- either by someone participating in it who became famous, or something similar.
    The nurse also informs you that there are other places to buy balls in town, but they're likely equally swamped.