New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

Nathan:
    She sighs, and puts away her thermos. "You just had to stop being a prick now, didn't you?"
    She shakes her head.
    "Sit tight, I'll see what I can do to get you out of this."
    She releases a Gengar, and a Seadra in the water.
    "Mercury, scout out that Galvantula. Stay close though. Neptune, keep Snow's head above water if he falls. Saturn, if that Galvantula looks like it's about to kill us, just roast it. I'll trust your discretion in this."
    The Gengar fades into invisibility, and the Seadra and Chandelure keep vigil as the girl starts climbing the tree. She's quite nimble, and it's not long before she's pulled herself across near the webbing. She's crouched on a swaying branch, holding a branch above her with one hand and a long bowie knife in the other that she's using to hack through the webbing. It's slow and sticky going, but she gets through eventually and starts to work on your bonds. A floating grin appears next to her, and she looks to the side.
    "Crap. It's noticed us."
    She quickly proves to be not so competent after all, and slices through the last of the bonds holding you to the branches. While this seems initially a good thing, it leaves you in a freefall.
    "Oh, shit!"
    She drops her knife to plummet to the river below, and manages to grab your wrist with her free hand before you fall. This tears your one arm free, but the rest of your limbs are still bound. She starts to slip, but you grab on to her wrist.
    You're now hanging freely about 20 feet above the river's surface. Lana's trying to pull you up, but it's slow going what with standing on a shaky branch and doing it with one hand- her other hand is still holding onto another branch to stabilize herself.
    And you think you can see a flash of yellow movement through the leaves.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Dalton:
    The girl shrugs, and taps her chin.
    "Well, there should be a 24/7 about a block that way," she says, gesturing with a hand back the way you came. "Should be a Wako Burger and a Sharemart down there, too."
    At your next question, she giggles a bit.
    "Well, I guess that depends on what you're looking for, doesn't it! The nearest place would be the park, if you just want some Pidgeys or something. You can also find a lot of trainers there who are willing to battle or trade- oh, and I saw a girl handing out some Growlithe pups earlier today. If you hurry, she might still be there.
    Other than that... Hmmm... well, there's a lagoon where you can find all sorts of pokemon. That might be your best bet."

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    After a couple of minutes of empty platitudes, you check out the Crustle. It seems to still be out cold. You wait a little longer, and it picks itself back up. It seems... tougher. More confident. It snaps a claw with a loud, powerful crack, and you start. Ultimately it seems to be more a display than a threat, though.
    It's looking at you expectantly.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela exhales sharply. Maybe she should have just stuck it in a Pokeball while it was out. "Hi to you too," she says, slightly unsure about what to do. She begins to back away, beckoning the Crustle. "Come on, you! We're leaving this forest. Going places. Need to get you in a ball, at some point. Here." She grabs one, but doesn't throw it yet. "Let's go."

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Eyes darting toward the treetops, Nathan affirms his next course of action. In a serious tone he says, "The spider is above us. I'm going to try to break free from my bonds, so just let me drop while you get to safety. No point in both of us being out in the open. So don't worry about me. I can deal with a little water now that I have a hand free."

Burst DC?: (1d20+3)[17]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan:
    Eyes darting toward the treetops, Nathan affirms his next course of action. In a serious tone he says, "The spider is above us. I'm going to try to break free from my bonds, so just let me drop-
    She looks back, sees the Galvantula, and drops you. You struggle, but don't manage to break the bonds before you hit the water.
    Immediately you begin to thrash, shocked by the cold. How could it be so damn cold when the area was otherwise so damn hot? You're swept up in the current in moments, more or less completely at its mercy. You feel something hard and spiny rub against you- probably the Seadra- and it manages to help you pull your head above water for at least a few seconds, enough to catch a few breaths and hear "Fire Blast" being shrieked, before falling under once more.
    For a while you bob under and over the surface- you're not sure how long, it's hard to keep track of time when all you can think of is not dying- before you're grabbed by strong hands and pulled onto the shore.
    As soon as you catch your breath, you're surprised at how far you were pulled down the current- the sight of burning treetops is well off. You manage to catch sight of something large, brown and shriveled drop from the canopy and into the water. Good riddance.
    Lana pants on the shore beside you, drenched, before grabbing the knife floating in front of her. "Thank you, Mercury. Why don't you fetch Snow's pokemon now? Neptune, make sure that fire is contained." The Gengar's grin flashes into visibility for the slightest moment, and the Seadra heads upriver to start spraying at the canopy. Lana gets to work on your webs, and it's not long before you're sticky and covered in soggy white gunk, but mobile. A blanket wrapped around something roughly ovular and Ender-shaped thunks to the ground beside you.
    "Now, Mercury, be gentle. Poor guy-er... thing- has had a rough day. You need a potion, Snow?"
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2012-11-23 at 03:34 AM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    The Crustle initially hesitates, but after a bit of coaxing starts to tag along after you. You're surprised at its pace- you go along at a good clip, and it's having no problems keeping up with you, gigantic rock shell and all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, where are you headed?

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan coughs and splutters as heaves the rest of the river water from his system. Looking up at Lana with half-lidded eyes he manages to pant out a, "Thanks..." before jerking his head to the side to throw his soppy bangs from his eyes. It was not everyday that your life was saved by a complete stranger. Though they had technically met before, he was slowly beginning to realize just how little of her actually knew. Of course, given the fact that she was calling him 'Snow', she probably knew very little about him as well.

Finally catching his breath he asks, "...you know, I refrained from mentioning it earlier on account of my life being in mortal danger, but you keep calling me Snow. My last name is Frost. As in 'that one rich family descended from Former Champion Blue's sister' Frost. I know it's not exactly an impressive name to claim lineage to but I would appreciate it if you at least got the name right." Being descended from a Champion's sister wasn't exactly the greatest claim to fame but he was proud to be a Frost, even if the rest of his family wasn't.

Holding his hand out to Lana he says, "I know we got off on the wrong foot earlier today on account of my attitude so I'd like to start over again. My name is Nathaniel Frost and I think I'd like to know the name of my savior." Looking down at his still dripping hand he adds, "Or would you prefer I bow or something? I really wouldn't want to touch me either."

Pointless posturing had gotten him into this mess. it sure as hell wouldn't get him out of it. Or maybe it would? Three rights did make a left after all... He could always try that if his heartfelt apology and blunt gratitude got him nowhere...
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-11-24 at 01:46 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela smiles, and decides that this is a pretty good catch. This Bug-catching thing? Totally worth it. She heads toward the edge of the forest, exhausted, hungry, but satisfied with the day's work.

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, with Screech down for the count, and Adela hovering around in the low range of conscious HP, I'm outta here.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2012-11-23 at 02:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

You manage to get to the edge of the forest without a hitch. There you catch the Crustle in a pokeball of your choice before a ranger picks you up and brings you back to civilization.
    As you ride, you reflect on the past couple of weeks. You've been beaten up more times than you can count, battered, bruised, knocked unconscious, and your only significant battle against a trainer was an unmitigated failure.
    ...But as you think on it, you realize you're still standing. Still healthy. In fact, you're better for it. Stronger. Quicker. Smarter. You've seen a lot, and it's only filled your cup that much more.
    Of course, you still have a long way to go.
    Spoiler
    Show
    For seeing 25 pokemon, Adela has gained a level!
    For surviving general abuse, Adela has gained a level!
    For surviving general abuse, Adela has gained the bonus feature: I Can Take A Hit!
    For surviving the bug catching competition, Adela has gained a level!
    For surviving the bug catching competition, and even catching something, Adela has gained 15,000 exp to divide amongst her Pokemon! (note: this exp will never cause a level up.)
    Crustle stats: level 38, proud nature, female, learned attack: strength.

Congratulations, and welcome to something on the better side of total incompetence.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2012-11-23 at 09:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela drowses in the back of the ranger's truck, not fully asleep but still unaware enough that the stop in Moira is startling. She stretches and clambers out of the truck, regarding her new catches thoughtfully. Well, Tinna would have to go to TJ. Since she was kind of short on Caterpies at the moment, and all. And Persimmon... well, she was significantly stronger than all of her other Pokemon. That might help with training, though Bane refused to evolve. She got the feeling he kind of should have by now. A Gyarados would be worth it, but until then.... she sighs.

Screech needed healing. For that matter, Tinna did too. Getting nearly eaten by an unexpectedly toothy Magikarp could not be fun. She headed to the Pokemon Center, doing her best to rub the last traces of blood off her face on the way.

While she waits for her Pokemon to finish healing in the Pokemon Center, she goes to the bathroom, scrubbing her face with a paper towel until it is considerably pinker but actually blood-free. After checking in on her supplies, she decides to purchase some more Pokeballs as well, and a sandwich. Running from Volcaronas was hard work. She relaxes on a bench, and decides to watch some of the remaining bug-catching contest videos while she waits for her Pokemon to finish healing and for TJ to show up.

Spoiler
    Show

Lessee... For healing Screech: (80*25)/2 = 1000? You're too expensive, birdy. Be more careful from now on. Does the Center offer partial healing services?

Plus (20*15)/2 = 150 for Tinna. Working off the damage the Bite did.

And 3 Pokeballs. For a total of 1750, already factored on my sheet.

I'll admit what I'm actually waiting for OOC is Nathan, but Adela doesn't know TJ is gone.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2012-11-26 at 02:35 AM.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    The ranger makes small talk as you clamber into the jeep. "So, catch anything good?"
    Back at the pokemon center, the nurse sighs as you ask about partial healing, but says that yes, they can do it.
    The whole thing takes just under two hours- less if you get partial healing- and you settle in for a wait, keeping an eye out for TJ. He doesn't show, but one familiar face does.
    There are several TVs set up in the center's common area, largely with other trainers clustered around them. You vaguely recognize most of the folks on the screens as celebrities in the trainer world, and on one of the screens it shows a dark haired young woman up in a tree, cutting a guy out of a web.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The girl is Lana Raelli, daughter of Rachel Raelli, a member of the Elite Four and generally considered the best martial artist in the world. She can drop a Tyranitar in one move. I'm pretty positive Adela would know of Rachel Raelli just by merit of being a martial artist, but I'm not sure she'd care enough about celebrities to be able to recognize her daughter.

And who's that guy but that kid from Heartshome. The other one, whatshisface.
    Someone you slapped is on TV. Heh. Cool.
    Spoiler
    Show
    See Nathan's story for what happened/ is happening, up from the part where she cuts him out of the web. You can also do whatever you want to kill time right now- maybe challenge a trainer to a battle, tromp around in the wilds, maybe skim pokEbay for deals.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2012-11-26 at 05:04 PM.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ettin in the Playground

Nyna & TJ:
    You start heading down the mountain. It's slow, tiresome going, with a lot of false starts and turnabouts: plenty of hills too steep to traverse- especially with TJ's bum leg.
    Ultimately, you end up heading down a narrow path for quite some time, finding it leads to a dead end. You spend most of the day backtracking. Nothing much else than rocks and trees up here. No pokemon but some Rattata and Spearows.
    By the time you manage to get back on the road, the sun's high in the sky. It's late afternoon, and your stomach is starting to growl. You're getting thirsty too, for that matter. You both consume about half of the rations- they won't last much longer.
    You can try heading down the mountain in a slightly different direction. It'll be slow going, but you'll be closer to the bottom at least.
    You can try heading across the mountain laterally. You won't be getting much farther down, but you'll be able to discover new paths, maybe even a river.
    You've also discovered a cave. Your pokedexes do have glow functions, so you can light your way at least a little, and the glowsticks from the survival kit should help there too.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela smirks at the image of whatshisface covered in webbing and sopping wet. Real smooth there. If that girl hadn't been there to save his arse, he'd be spider bait. She'd have to stick around, just to show him Persimmon. It's not entertaining for long, however, and by the time that Screech and Tinna are returned to her and TJ has most definitely not shown up despite almost certainly knowing she's done, she's quite thoroughly bored of watching flames and flying rocks and too many grisly shots of Weedles doing nasty stuff to almost-dead-but-not-quite things.

She heads out just past the edge of town - the professor had seemed a bit freaked out for some reason, so it seemed better to play it safe. Once she's found a spot that appears to be without any nearby trainers, she sends Screech out just long enough for Adela to spray a Potion on her and let her stretch her wings. Then Screech goes back in, and she sends Persimmon out and scans her with the Pokedex. "Let's see what you can do. Hmm... ooh, Rock Slide! Nice." She fiddles with the Pokedex until she finds the 'record' option carefully hidden away in a corner of a menu screen, and carefully balances it in the fork of a tree branch. "Right, Persimmon, start with Rock Polish, and then Strength!"

Spoiler
    Show

The professor did say she wanted a report, which can apparently be recorded. Also, I, OOC, want to check for any psychological issues or latent homicidal tendencies before I challenge anyone with Persimmon.

Going for a 50 HP heal instead on Screech - ^360 saved.

Potion Heal - (2d12+10)[20] Brings Screech to 35 HP total - good enough.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2012-11-26 at 08:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I'm sorry I'm slowing us down," T.J. starts. "I thought it'd be a bit simpler than this. If I had let you go alone, you'd probably have a signal to call the pokemon rangers or something by now. It getting late. What should we do now?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #556

Neimi eyed their surroundings as they stopped for a moment. "No no, it's fine. Splitting up isn't exactly the safest plan either, after all. What would happen if you got attacked while I was gone? It's not like you can run on that leg. No, this is for the best, I think." She nodded, appearing full of confidence in their decision, even if she was a bit unsure mentally.

"I'd like to keep continuing down the mountain, but we should probably consider camping for the night. It's not a good idea to travel in the dark, especially when you've already got a bum leg, and we can take shelter in this cave in case the weather gets bad. Hopefully there's nothing that wants to eat us inside..." She eyed it, laughing a bit nervously. "Then again, I suppose we've already got an Ursaring with us, and there aren't many things that want to mess with an Ursaring in a cave... Honestly, if there is something in there and it's not too tough, it might actually be a blessing. We could use the food."

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan:
    "Lana", she says, clasping your hand. "Lana Raelli. And I guess you can't complain about me dropping names now."
    She sighs, and uses her picnic blanket to dab some of the water out of her hair. She balls it up, and shoves it in her backpack before tossing you a super potion. "Here, for your Magnemite. Anyways, I already have what I need, and I don't exactly want to be tromping about in soggy boots. You gonna be heading the same way?"
    Regardless, she heads upstream, returning all her Pokemon but her Chandelure.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Troll in the Playground

Deftly catching the Super Potion mid-flight, Nathan sprays the bottle on Ender's dent marks and muttering a quiet apology under his breath, "Sorry Ender, I really got you into a lot trouble there..." Finished with his task he looks back up at Lana, sweeping the wet bangs from his eyes with a quick hair toss, and nods. "Yeah, I managed to catch something earlier but Ender is really in no condition to be fighting and I'm not sure if I should be risking Tyrion in a fight with my supplies dwindling."

Following her for a ways he rubs the back of his head and looks away, "...and uh, thanks. I know I was a real jerk to you earlier and I don't deserve any your help but I really owe you one. I don't know what I could do to repay you, or even how, but-agh, I'm not really good at this kind of thing so I'll just be frank. If you're at all interested, I'll give you my number. Hit me up if you ever need me for some menial task and I'll come running. A Frost always pays his debts, or so my father keeps reminding me."

Spoiler
    Show
    Supah Potion - (3d12+20)[42]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    The Rock Polish didn't seem to do much- though that's reasonable, seeing as Crustle tend to be glacially slow Pokemon as it is. With the Strength, however, Persimmon charges a small tree- trunk about a foot in diameter- and crashes into it, sending splinters and a terrified Pidgey flying. She manages to create a sizable rupture along its base and partially uproots it- not bad. And thank god she didn't go for the tree you have your pokedex perched on.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela's eyes light up, even as she's dodging wood splinters and one very scared little bird. Hey, there was an idea. She points at the fleeing Pidgey, and yells "Great! Now use Smack Down!"

Spoiler
    Show

Smack Down vs. 1 very unfortunate Pidgey.

Accuracy - (1d20)[5] vs 2 + Physical/Speed Evasion Damage - (2d8+30)[41] (inc. STAB and Attack)

I have the feeling this may be slight overkill.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    Persimmon lifts up a nearby boulder and hurls it to fall on top of the Pidgey, bringing it down with a shriek. As it lands, a spray of blood, feathers and organs spatters from underneath the rock.
    Persimmon clacks her claws proudly, ready for more.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Persimmon gained 360 xp!
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2012-11-30 at 03:10 AM.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan:
    Lana gives you a blank look. "Oh, come on, it's not like I was going to leave you to die there. I'm not completely heartless."
    At offering to help her with menial tasks, she's completely disarmed. She stares awkwardly for a few moments before stammering, "Um, well... yeah, I tend to be pretty self sufficient, and, uh..."
    She runs a hand through her hair, and sighs.
    "...Sure. Whatever."
    What follows is a silent hour or so of walking before you reach the edge of the cordon. There's not only a vehicle waiting there, but it isn't a standard ranger vehicle: it's a large, luxury SUV. A few people in suits are waiting there, and they greet you- or at least Lana- with polite applause.
    "Congratulations!"
    She glances to you. "Yeah, uh... I caught the Armaldo."
    A man steps forward to shake her hand. She returns it curtly, then crosses her arms.
    "We all knew you would prove to be just as powerful a trainer as your mother, Ms. Raelli. So brave and resourceful, even rescuing Mr. Snow here."
    "Apparently it's Frost."
    "Of course. Anyways, would you be so kind as to come with us? We've scheduled an interview with Pokemon Trainer Weekly for you."
    She rolls her eyes and turns to you. "You can hitch a ride with us if you want- it's not like they can tell me no at this point- but you might wanna bounce. I can't promise this won't get ugly."

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

Scoffing, Nathan leans back and crosses his arms. "Well now that you've gone and said that I can't refuse. Telling someone like me that 'things are about to get ugly' may as well be an invitation, all things considered. And anyway I did promise I would help you out, so if something does happen I'd like to support you through it at the very least." He wasn't exactly the best fighter but his body was certainly tough enough. Hopefully that would be enough to get through whatever scuffle Lana seemed to be expecting. That's what she meant by things 'getting ugly' right?

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, that Pidgey wasn't going much of anywhere anytime soon. Adela smirks. Oh, she could definitely get used to this. "Let's finish this up with a X-Scissor!" Adela makes sure to point away from her Pokedex as she commands a final attack. One boost, though Crustles weren't great at speed to begin with and nothing could really fix that, one nice powerful attack, one dead Pidgey, and a fancy slashing move. Whatever the professor was looking for, that should be good enough.

25. - Top - End - #565

Quote Originally Posted by Nyna View Post
    Neimi eyed their surroundings as they stopped for a moment. "No no, it's fine. Splitting up isn't exactly the safest plan either, after all. What would happen if you got attacked while I was gone? It's not like you can run on that leg. No, this is for the best, I think." She nodded, appearing full of confidence in their decision, even if she was a bit unsure mentally.

"I'd like to keep continuing down the mountain, but we should probably consider camping for the night. It's not a good idea to travel in the dark, especially when you've already got a bum leg, and we can take shelter in this cave in case the weather gets bad. Hopefully there's nothing that wants to eat us inside..." She eyed it, laughing a bit nervously. "Then again, I suppose we've already got an Ursaring with us, and there aren't many things that want to mess with an Ursaring in a cave... Honestly, if there is something in there and it's not too tough, it might actually be a blessing. We could use the food."
    "Alright." T.J. felt better that, at the very least, she wasn't blaming him for their time. "The cave seems like the best choice for the night. We can set up tents at the cave mouth. I just hope nothing worse than zubat live in there."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    With her final attack, Persimmon goes back to the tree she'd previously demolished. With two simultaneous snaps of her claws, she manages to hack it into three parts which tumble to the ground. Not bad.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan:
    "Right... well, don't say I didn't warn you." She jerks a thumb at you. "He's with me." The man doesn't seem to care much, giving a shrug and gesturing for all to enter. You and Lana sit on the middle two seats of the truck, which have been turned to face the back, while those in suits sit in the very back. The seats are made of nice leather, and are more comfortable than most couches. The man who has hitherto spoken opens up, "I suppose some introductions are in order. I-"
    "You're Davin Grey, Minister of PR and Vice President of the League. My mother's told me about you."
    You didn't recognize his face, but that's a name you've heard before.
    "Only good things, I hope?"
    Lana doesn't answer.
    "Well, as I was saying, my name is Davin Grey, though you may refer to me as Mr. Grey. These are my associates, Mr. White and Mz. Black. You could say they're my other sides, if you will."
    The man giggles, going so far as to put a hand to his mouth as he does so.
    "Right then. Introductions out of the way, once we reach the station we'll have a wardrobe and makeup crew waiting for you, to make sure you look presentable before the vultures get to you."
    "Vultures whose paychecks you write."
    Grey waves his hand. Actually, to be more accurate it flutters, taking on the semblance of a Butterfree with a life all its own. It is both an incredibly eerie and flamboyant gesture.
    "Of course. Now, once that is done with speeches will be made, you will be presented with the award, and then it will be your turn to speak. You will be the gracious, pert, bubbly and optimistic trainer that any aspiring youth can look up to, is that clear? We've also prepared a speech for you, at the very least read it over and reiterate the highlights."
    He hands her a folded piece of paper, which she shoves into a damp pocket.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

Throughout the ride, Nathan cannot help but grimace, trying to determine just how bad 'Grey' could get from here. Watching the two interact only seems to confirm his fears. Well, here was certainly something he couldn't look forward to if he ever made it big. He'd heard horror stories before but...this (because there were simply no words to describe it) added a whole new level of realism to the tales he had previously waved away. Hell, it was interesting enough counting the cliches that the man seemed to breathe. From beside her, the dark haired trainer simply looks at Lana incredulously. "You? Bubbly and optimistic? Maybe they ought do your hair up in pigtails while they're at it." This he says with a flamboyantly swish of his arms, reminiscent of the man's flagellation.

Realizing his place, he looks away and clears his throat. "...sorry. I'm not exactly great at the whole 'not being a prick thing'," turning ever so slightly to the Davin and his associates he adds, "Though I'm sure you're probably used t-Ah, I caught myself this time."

This certainly wasn't the fight he was expecting but it was certainly another kind of battle. Hopefully she would laugh, though any sort of reaction would suffice. Even anger would be better than the tense atmosphere currently permeating the truck. People usually got a kick out of him making a fool of himself, maybe it could actually be useful for once. At least he wasn't nerding out about Champions this time...
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-12-01 at 04:23 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan:
    Lana smirks at your comment, remarking dryly, "Frilly dresses and all. Maybe I could borrow one from him?"
    Grey, if he heard, feigns obliviousness, though at your next remark he breaks out into peals of high-pitched laughter. "Well aren't you a character!"
    Lana looks at you, horrified. You can read the words on her face: don't encourage him.
    The car ride is mercifully short, and soon enough you're dragged along as Lana is ushered into the ranger station. You're brought to an improvised dressing/makeup room; you have to wonder what it was before, as it seems like a pretty thorough job of it. You doubt the ranger station normally has a room like this, at least.
    A couple of makeup artists are waiting there, but Lana gestures to the door. "Out."
    They look like they're about to protest, but Lana cuts them off.
    "Out, out, I can dress myself."
    They exchange reluctant looks, but ultimately leave. She sags against a table, sighing. "Hate this." With an indignant look, she pulls the wadded up speech out of her pocket and tosses it in the trash, then gestures around her.
    "Welcome to making a splash in the trainer scene. Go ahead and pull a change of clothes off the rack- there's bound to be something that'll fit you in there- and after that I advise you run to the nearest exit, and don't look back."
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2012-12-01 at 04:34 AM.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

Scoffing, Nathan bends down to pick up the soggy letter and peels it opens to get a glance at what the League tried to get her to read. Finding it full of useless platitudes and dim-witted generalities, he lets it fall back into the waste bin with a wet thunk. "Yeah, I can see why..."

Standing up from his kneeling position, he approaches the clothing racks and peruses clothing in his size. But even as he digs through the clothing, he speaks aloud. "And the pleasure is all mine. I'm certainly wet enough." Leafing through the articles of clothing, Nathan selects a few that match his build and color scheme and throw them into his bag. Clothes were a valuable commodity for him these days, especially after he arrogantly demanded that his parents not provide for him during the course of his journey. A pretty stupid decision in retrospect but even now, whatever was left of his pride wouldn't let him go back begging for money. "I'm not leaving though. After what I've seen today it's getting really hard for me to just leave you alone. I meant what I said earlier in the forest though. About helping you, I mean. I don't really understand what it's like to be going this **** but I can't really sit back and do nothing. So no running away. Not that I don't appreciate your advice though, I just don't have the sense to follow it."

Finished stuffing his bag, he finds a towel and creeps up on Lana's sagged form to throw it over her head. "But before you do anything else, you should dry your hair. I don't think you would want to catch a cold."

Placing his hands on his hip however, he does concede slightly, "But if there's really nothing I can do to help, I will leave if I'm not wanted. But in that case I'll leave behind my number, in case you change your mind. The decision to keep it or throw it out is on you though."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨