New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Note: the following was played out over instant messaging/GoogleDocs. I've formatted it better, in order to make it fit here in IC. Full transcript will be available in OOC.

Gavin grunts in pain as he looks down at the Larvitar that bit him. Scowling, he kicks viciously at it to knock it back, before pulling out Garan's Pokeball and releasing the Munchlax. "Blasted thing... I may as well use it, though." Gavin mutters, before ordering, "Garan, use Curse!"

Gavin flails his foot about, and through a stroke of luck, at the apex of swinging his foot, he slams the side of the Larvitar's jaw into a rock, dislodging it without further damage to his poor foot. It leaps back onto a rock, letting out a shrill Screech.

The Larvitar is flailing about, practically frothing at the mouth. It seems mad about... something.

Gavin takes a couple of steps back, wincing due to the injuries to his foot, and calls, "Garan, defend me, and use Counter." Garan nods, and shifts his stance, ready to move if the Larvitar tries to attack either him or his trainer.

The Larvitar falls for it, and attacks the nearest thing in sight: Garan. It leaps at him, shrieking at the top of its lungs, and...

As it's flying through the air, Garan raises an arm. It latches onto his arm, biting and kicking at it furiously. Garan barely suffers a scratch, and hurls the Larvitar off of it and against a rock. But the Larvitar is back on its feet in no time, and ready for more!

Nodding to himself, Gavin thinks, Hmm... yes, he can take it. "Garan," he commands, "use Double-Edge!" Garan charges forwards, and clips the Larvitar against a rock. And it's down! Scowling, Gavin thinks, 'I had hoped it would be sturdier than that. Still, I can capture it now.' Pulling out a Poke Ball, Gavin quickly whips it at the unconscious Pokemon. The Pokemon is drawn into the ball in a flash of light, and the ball shakes once, twice, then falls still. Smirking to himself, Gavin uses what little medical knowledge he has to try and tend to his foot, before heading onward to Axelo, and the Pokemon Center there.

Spoiler
    Show
    At this time, Gavin will be jumping ahead to Axelo.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

So the boy wasn't a boy so much as he was a young woman. Or rather, she was a young woman.

"Yes, you can do something for me actually. I was wondering what sort of supplies I might need on the road."

Nathan knew he needed to expand his team some, because loathe as he was to admit it Ender simply wouldn't be enough for the rest of his journey. The thought of the other Heartshome trainers catching Pokemon before boiled his blood. He needed a rock solid team, and what was more solid then steel.

"I'm looking to expand my team, but I happen to be rather particular with my Pokemon; do you know where I could find some accessible steel-types?"

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Damned fish! You'd better be worth all you've put me through. Relaxing activity, my ass. Adela thinks savagely. She'd been beaten to a pulp yesterday, roasting all day, had to jump in the water and keep Vichi from drowning himself, and now a blacked eye, a broken nose, and another bash on the head from an oversized fish.

She spits out a glob of blood and makes a face at the coppery taste. "Ged id!" she yells, pointing wildly at the fleeing Magikarp. Vichi looks at the trainer like she's talking nonsense, which she is, more or less. Another glob of blood and saliva hits the deck. "Get it!"

Spoiler
    Show

Adela's kinda massively pissed off right now, hence why she wants Vichi using such a powerful move.

Anyways. Adela moves back 6 squares, and Commands Vichi to hit the Magikarp-Vichi chooses Force Palm (to show off his new trick).

Attack - (1d20)[7] Hit on 2+, Paralyze on 18+, Damage - (3d10+10)[25]

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

The pokedex confirmed it, it was simply a Pidgeotto in need of a trim. He and Dancho could definitely take on something like that. With the Murkrows attacking, the battle could get complicated fast, so he had to move as quickly. Moving in closer to ensure the best shot, he released Dancho and pointed up to the predator roosted above on the pole. "Dancho, Water Gun against the Pidgeotto!"

Spoiler
    Show
    T.J. moves to 10 meters/squares from the pole and releases Dancho.
    Water Gun
    Accuracy: (1d20)[4] Minimum: 2
    Damage: (2d10)[7]+(1d6)[3](STAB)+8

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    Vichi smacks the Magikarp, and it skids across the pier, flopping around even more wildly than before! In fact, it's flopping pretty high... and higher... and... higher.
    It flies massively high in the air. So high that you have time to act while it's up there.

TJ:
    Dancho hits the pidgeotto in the wing, causing it to lose its balance and drop its most recent prey.
    The murkrow, of which there are 6 left, decide to use this as their chance to all rush the pidgeotto at once. It shrieks, trying to fly off, but it can't stay aloft amidst the battery it's sustaining and falls to the ground with a thud, the murkrow hot on its tail, swarming around where it's fallen.

Nathan:
    The woman leans back, putting her hands behind her head. All in all you get the essence of a very phlegmatic, wistful girl. You start to get impatient as she's so slowly speaking, not wanting to spend a second more in this heat than you have to.
    "Weeeell.... I should have all the... comestibles you should need on your journey in my shop here. I wouldn't advise going in, though... No ventilation... it's like an oven in there."
    She pauses for a moment, and you think she's finished on that strange note, before she continues, gesturing to the abra.
    "James here can fetch anything you want for you. He doesn't mind the heat so much."

You instantly regret asking about the steel types, as she's thinking for a full minute before she responds.
    "Weeeeeell... steel types... I'd say... that I don't rightly know."
    Another long pause.
    "At least, not in this area... Platinum valley might have some?..."
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-06-29 at 11:48 PM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Her answer wasn't all what he had hoped to hear, but it was still better than he had expected. She seemed the honest sort...if a bit sluggish. At any rate he was grateful that she had at least pointed him in a general direction. If Platinum Valley was home to as many steel-types as the name seemed to imply he would be alright.

He would need to fill out his team some before he went anywhere important though. Walking around with a single Pokemon on his belt seemed like the perfect way to get his ass beaten into the ground. Or worse. Probably worse.

"A bottle of water should be fine and maybe something to snack on the way there."

He would keep things brief, no sense waiting longer than he had to.

"Still, a sense of misguided curiosity egged him on, "Why isn't the place ventilated? I would imagine a store located on the outskirts of a desert would have some means of air circulation."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Was it weak? Hard to tell. It was flying pretty high, at any rate. Adela didn't feel much like getting another face full of fish, and her muscles were starting to ache again, so she stepped a healthy distance back and waited for it to fall. She spit out another blob of blood and gingerly touched her nose with the tip of one finger. Ow... Okay, definitely broken. She inhaled- through her mouth so as to not make her nose hurt more. "If it's nod knoged oud, Quig Addack id." She pulled a Great Ball out, running her bloodied fingers over the familiar little ridges on it. It was a damn strong Magikarp, anyways. Not all bad.

The trainer was really hard to understand, but Vichi nodded. He thought he understood.

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, not feeling like getting a face full of fish again, so just backing out from under it and getting ready to try and capture.

If it looks ready to fight after hitting the deck like that, Quick Attack: Attack - (1d20)[12] Damage - (2d10+10)[24]

8. - Top - End - #128

It got complicated fast, just like he thought. This wasn't quite the fight he expected this battle to be, but he couldn't exactly ask a vengeful murder of Murkrow to stand aside. He also couldn't turn back. The Pidgeotto probably could have handled them all if he hadn't inerfered. Now the Murkrow had the advantage and they'd kill their predator if T.J. didn't do something, and it'd be his fault. He ran as close as he could and tossed a pokeball.

Spoiler
    Show
    T.J. shifts 6 meters closer.
    Capture roll: (1d100)[49]
    Using Pokeball: Adds +5 to capture rate

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:

The magikarp lands just shy of Vichi, hitting one of the boards of the pier with a loud crack and splitting one in two. The thing is big, and heavy. It begins to flop around again, and Vichi attacks it, but not before getting a face full of flailing fish.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alliteration for 22 damage.

TJ:
    You throw the pokeball at the Pidgeotto... and it simply bounces off its hide. Figures, really- the Pidgeotto did seem like it knows what it's doing.
    Due to the sheer number of trainers in the world- and the percentage of them who are abusive, or neglectful- often enough a pokemon who is still "marked" by a trainer will be let go or run away without being cleared of the previous trainer's "mark". Empty pokeballs will thus treat such a wild pokemon as owned, and will not captured it (unless modified to do so by a 'snagger).
    Pokemon like this are, however, more amicable towards humans, so it's easy enough to take them back to a pokemon center to be cleared.
    Taking advantage of the distraction provided by the flying ball, the pidgeotto leaps into the air with a burst of speed, sending the murkrow flying. One it pierces on the end of its beak and flings off doing so, taking it down, the other 5 flying off after it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can still give your pokemon an action.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-07-02 at 09:35 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan:

The girl nods. "You heard the man, James."
    The abra sits still for a few moments, leading you to think that this is some kindof farce, before simply blinking out of existence.
    "Why doesn't it have ventilation?... Uh, because it wasn't built with any, I suppose?..."
    She smiles laconically.
    "Yeah... I'd say that's why it doesn't have ventilation... definitely."

The abra is back soon enough with a bottle of water and a bag of pretzels. It stands up, holding them up to you. The water cold, but the bag of pretzels is rather dusty.
    "That'll be... um... 50 poke? That's reasonable, right, James?"
    The abra looks at her, and nods. Slowly.

Gavin:
    It's another hour before you reach Axelo. Contrary to what you see in the movies, it's bloody difficult to tear off a strip of shirt to make a bandage (your foot is pretty deeply bitten, right down to the bone), and you end up pulling off the sock from that foot and tying it around the wound, then cramming it back into your shoe. It's hardly comfortable, and you're limping every step of the way, and there's probably plenty of dust getting in the wound anyways, but there you go.

Axelo is, while far more busy than Heartshome, even more rustic. It's placed at the foot of the mountain range, where there's currently a working copper mine, as well as a couple other mining operations. It's an old town, many of the buildings made out of wood, and the only facilities there's more than one of are fast food places and gas stations. All the buildings are clustered in one suburb. All in all, it's a pretty minimal place.
    Nevertheless, it is active. There are constantly trucks going in and out, taking copper and other amenities, and it's the last sizable stop until the port at Heartshome, where much of the wood from Aschen's only forest goes, as well as all the materials mined at Axelo that don't go to Platinum Valley or Volthselm.
    It does have a minimal pokemon center, of course (there's one in every city- League policy), and you can likely get treated there. Beyond that, you might want to ask around with the miners to see if they've found anything... interesting... below the mountain.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-07-02 at 10:01 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Vichi reeled back, yelping in pain. Adela lunged forward in an instant, throwing the Great Ball in her hand at the blasted Magikarp. She assessed Vichi's condition with a glance. It wasn't pretty. "Retreat!" she yelled. She wasn't entirely sure how Vichi could get away from the Magikarp, given that he was on the wrong end of the pier and couldn't swim, but Vichi wasn't stupid. He could figure this out.

Spoiler
    Show

Capture Roll - (1d100)[83]

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Vichi retreats, running back towards you... and hides behind your leg.
    The great ball captures the magikarp for only a split second, not even giving a single wiggle before bursting open. The magikarp is stupidly flopping up and down more, "Karp, Karp, Karp..." and begins flopping towards you and Vichi, at about 1 mile per hour. It is actually chasing you.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Making his way to the Pokemon Center, Gavin walks up to the counter, and says, "I could use a bit of help, here... damned Larvitar tried to take my foot off."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

14. - Top - End - #134

There was no effect from the pokeball. No wonder the Pidgeotto handled itself so well. T.J. owed that bird a potion and an apology. For now, a change of tactics was in order. "Dancho, Attack a Murkrow, now." The pidgeotto was still in a position to handle most of them. The least T.J. could do now was take one out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun against nearest Murkrow
    Accuracy: (1d20)[13] Minimum 2
    Damage (2d10)[17]+(1d6)[4]+8

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:

It takes about a half hour to find the pokemon center- it's not a planned city, so it's a pain to get around, there's constant traffic with trucks going through, and all the buildings are pretty homogeneous, made out of wood... but the pokemon center should therefore stick out like a sore thumb, right?
    Wrong. It's also made of wood (apparently the League skimped on this one), and you passed it several times before noticing the insides were, well, a pokemon center.
    The nurse at the counter looks rather young, but bored and worldweary. Despite this, the blouse of her uniform is buttoned up very... casually.
    She quirks an eyebrow at your statement, looking rather unamused. "Larvitar? Honey, I've lived here all my life and I've never seen a larvitar." She rolls her eyes. "Well, whatever... let's see what the damage is."
    Seeing your foot, she nods and fetches some alcohol, cotton swabs and gauze. As you pull off your shoe, though... you notice that it's strangely not painful anymore. And that you can't move your toes.
    The bandage is stained green, and your toes around it are grey. As you peel off the sock, the wound is reeking, and black around the edges, festering. The nurse looks horrified.
    Of course. Larvitars were infamous for having disease-ridden mouths, with bites becoming instantly infected. OOC: Think komodo dragon.
    The nurse just stares for a moment. "...How long have you had this wound?"

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    Dancho shoots one of the murkrow out of the air with his water gun. 4 left- they're obviously not very powerful, but they certainly have numbers on their side. With that, though, they decide to turn their attention towards the enemy currently attacking them... you and Dancho. A few break off and fly down towards the two of you, while the last one hovers in the air a few moments, obviously confused. The pidgeotto does a backflip down on top of it, diving down, catching it in its talons and crashing it down on the road. It pins it for a split second, squirming, before it darts in a beak at its neck- there's a jet of blood, and the murkrow writhes under the pidgeotto's foot before dying off.
    The pidge, at this point, is quite exhausted, covered in blood (much of it its own) and feathers all in disarray. It sluggishly picks up its most recent kill, flapping over to a log, and sits over it, watching you hunched over and ostensibly only staying awake to make sure the murkrow don't double back to finish it off.
    Meanwhile, the Murkrow are diving towards you, claws outstretched.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Talking to the young woman was quite likely going to involve more of his time running down the drain, so Nathan wisely kept his mouth shut. Nodding his head, he withdrew the 50 poke and exchanged the currency for the pretzels and water.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela swears loudly. The Magikarp moved a lot slower than she did, yeah, but the damned thing was strong enough to break out of the ball in an instant and aggressive enough to give chase...which was actually a good trait, in a Gyarados. If the said Gyarados didn't chomp her much-abused head off, anyways.

Adela backs up a little more, careful to avoid kicking Vichi. We must be a sight for sore eyes, she thinks-or says, she isn't even sure right now...Let's try this again.

She plucks another Great Ball out of her belt with bloody fingers and lobs it at the Magikarp. She isn't about to send Vichi in there again.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Grimacing, Gavin replies, "It's only been a couple of hours or so. Damned thing got hold of me on my way up from Heartshome." Sighing, he mutters to himself, "Sometimes I wonder why I go through all of this trouble..."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    The ball wiggled several times... and...
    Argh! Almost had it! The Magikarp bursts forth and continues to flop after you, flopping higher and higher. Each bounce it makes is almost 6 feet in the air, and it lands on the pier each time with a loud slap.

Gavin:
    The nurse looks at you strangely, then steels herself with a deep breath.
    "Right. I'll have to debride the necrotic tissue. The quickest way to do so is by surgery... and, thankfully, that's covered by the League.
    It'll hurt. A lot. You can get nitrous oxide, but that's not covered by the league- at a glance, I'd say it'll be about 1,200 poke, give or take- I'll have to weigh you if you decide to go that route, though. You'll also have to sign a waiver."
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-07-05 at 04:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela sighs and rummages in her bag again for a Pokeball. Her hand closes on something else first. A rather more cylindrical something else. She pulled out the Super Potion and took a deep breath (through her mouth, rather than her sensitive and dry-blood-stuffed nose) before spraying it over Vichi's wounds. "Cross Chop it. Now," she said, her tone ironed flat as a board by the scream of frustration that she wanted to emit.

Vichi obeyed in an instant, charging as fast as his paws would carry him. He would show this insolent fish who was better here!

Spoiler
    Show

Super Potion - (1d20+20)[28]
    Attack - (1d20)[15]
    Damage - (4d20+9)[60]

22. - Top - End - #142

With four Murkrow diving at him, T.J. opened his mind, mentally reaching out to grab the birds mid-flight. Dancho had managed to knock one out in a single hit, as if T.J.'s opinion of him could be any higher. Dancho was at a type disadvantage so staying on the offensive was key. "Dancho, Hit another! Don't let them get close."

Spoiler
    Show
    T.J. grabs at the Murkrows with Telekinesis.
    Water Gun against nearest Murkrow
    Accuracy: (1d20)[14] Minimum 2
    Damage (2d10)[11]+(1d6)[3]+8

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Scowling, Gavin says, "Yes, the nitrous will be fine. Just get what I need to sign, and let's get this taken care of."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela: Vichi charges forwards and strikes down on the magikarp. It lets out one final "Karp!" before being slammed into the pier. The karp is quite unconscious. Congratulations! Vichi gained 114 xp!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hasty nature, level 19, knows bounce, splash & tackle.

TJ:

Dancho's water gun manages to slow the murkrow, but it keeps coming! TJ's telekinesis is much more effective, and he manages to hold it in midair for a few seconds... before one of the murkrow swoops down and goes straight for the eyes, flapping around his head in a could of angry talons and feathers, clawing at his face and arms and gouging them up in several places. This causes him to lose his concentration, and the murkrow he had previously suspended plummets to the ground and follows chase.
    The other murkrow attacks Dancho, landing on top of the hapless pokemon and with a needle like beak begins ripping chunks out of his back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    18 damage to Dancho, 11 damage to TJ. This is adjusted for defense.

Gavin:
    The nurse takes you in the back room, quickly weighing you and handing you the waiver while she sets up the gas. Soon enough the mask is on your face, and you slowly drift into euphoria. Before you know it, she's working on your foot with a scalpel and gauze, scraping off the dead and severely infected tissue. You look down as if it's a mile away, your foot bleeding profusely- she has a steady hand, but she's obviously not exactly an expert at this kind of thing. It stings a bit, but it's a distant, cold pain- still, you'd hate to wonder what it'd be like without the laughing gas.
    You lose track of time, but your watch says the whole procedure takes about a half an hour before she's dressing your wounds. Once finished, she tells you to wait there while she writes it all up for you. Another 5 minutes or so pass, and she finishes, bringing you some fresh socks from the center inventory, as well as a cane. She tells you to walk as little as possible for the rest of the day, and to not walk more than a few miles the next day, and it should all heal up fine (with some extensive scarring, of course). She rings it up to 1,350 for the laughing gas.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela takes out a third Great Ball and bounces it off the unconscious Magikarp's head, grinning with satisfaction as the massive fish turns into a swirl of energy within a fist-sized ball. She tucks the Pokeball into her belt. "Come on Vichi. We've got to take this back to show all the nice nurses. And a bath for both of us. You have blood all over your face." Vichi put his paws protectively over his face. No bath! No bath! The trainer took one look at him and laughed, not unkindly. "You're just being silly now. Come on."

Vichi followed, muttering darkly about evil baths. The fact that the trainer had been fallen on by a flea-ridden Ursaring was the only reason he wasn't complaining more. Really.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-07-07 at 05:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

"Augh!" T.J. yelled as the Murkrow scratched at him. He turned his head and covered his face with his hand. T.J. tried to recollect his focus. He thought about the bird attacking him and how he wanted it gone. He grabbed at it with his mind and pushed it away as far and hard as he could. One had managed pass him which only meant it was after Dancho. "Dancho! Yawn!" he called to his pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    T.J. uses telekinesis to move the Murkrow away. The Full 12 meters if possible.
    Dancho uses Yawn.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan (finally!):
    You continue to travel along the route. It is quite uneventful. There might have been events... but the heat is getting to you, and you simply trudge along, head sunk, staring as your feet as you go, so you miss anything that might be going on around you, from pokemon to trainers to any strange women who might want to give you a ride.
    Of course, you do catch anything that might be going on where you're treading... which for the longest time, isn't much but paved road. Until there's a slowly shifting crack in the road.
    At first, you pass over it, in something of a daze. But then it hits you that the crack was moving. You go back to confirm what you saw, and find that either you're beginning to hallucinate from the heat... or there is indeed something under the road that's moving a chunk of the pavement.

TJ:
    Dancho makes his yawn, effecting both of the murkrow currently attacking the two of you. One of them makes a few final pecks at the slowoke before slumping off his back, asleep. The other you catch with your telekinesis and push away several metres. It flaps against you... but soon enough falls to the ground in slumber itself.
    You breathe a sigh of relief. Now would just be... of course, your train of thought is distracted by the other murkrow- the one you pushed back before- which is now back on its wings and attacking your face.
    Spoiler
    Show
    14 damage to you, 11 damage to Dancho.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-07-07 at 05:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Roads didn't just move of their own volition. Not usually. Or actually, not ever, but it seemed life took a peculiar interest in proving him wrong, because the road was in fact shifting.

It didn't take an idiot to understand that something was amiss. And despite it all, Nathan was anything but. He unclipped Ender's Pokeball from his training belt and examined the road with a level of scrutiny he hadn't realized he was capable of. He readied the Pokeball, ready to release at a moment's notice.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Once the adrenaline wore off, Adela's rib started throbbing again. Groaning, she popped the aspirin bottle open and took two of the little white pills. Three cheers for the genius who made aspirin... she thinks as the pain begins to subside. She walks back to the fishing store slowly, taking the time to 'stop and smell the roses', as the saying went. It wasn't something she did often.

After dropping the rod and tackle off, it was only a short distance to the Pokemon Center. The broken glass was gone, though the open window still sent shivers down her spine. She heads up to the nurse on duty and hands her new Magikarp to the nurse on duty at the restorative unit. "Just caught it today," she says casually.

As soon as she gets the Magikarp back, Adela drags Vichi upstairs and scrubs the blood and dried salt out of his fur. He squirms and whines in her grip, and splashes a copious amount of water everywhere, but eventually she gets him clean. Sending him off with a slightly stale poffin, she quickly scrubs away the blood and salt water, careful to avoid aggravating her nose and rib further.

Feeling marginally more human, Adela collapses in to bed, not even bothering with food. Tomorrow...tomorrow, Route 423.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    The nurse on duty takes one look at Adela and opens her mouth, about to tell her off for exerting herself... then just takes the pokemon, muttering something disparaging about trainers.
    The next morning Adela is feeling... better. Still a far cry from good... but better.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Halve the ability score penalties, and you're restored 20% (rounded up) of your max HP.

Nathan:
    The asphalt continues to shift... but it doesn't seem like anything will emerge. It's just kindof wiggling around.