New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Green Sun Princes! (Another Exalted Log)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Makes a certain amount of sense. She already hates the concept of free will, so disagreeing with her isn't going to make her any angrier...
    Not only that, but she's also not exactly the most emotional or temperamental of the Yozis. Logical, methodical, efficient... none of that seems to suggest that she'd hold a grudge against him specifically.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Well, she did shatter about 90% of Creation out of spite, so annoying her is still not recommended.

SWLIHN is probably my favorite crazy-shattered-elderitch-cosmic entity.
    I always imagine her appearance and speech as a gigantic, fiery, crystalline GLaDOS. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I'd love to hear the player of Abbadon's thoughts about his character & the prophecy.
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    Well, she did shatter about 90% of Creation out of spite, so annoying her is still not recommended.
    Frlarghlaa

That number is, or should be, total fanon. She destroyed some areas/concepts, but there is no official number on how much.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ask and you shall receive. As for the prophecy he is disturbed by it far more then he lets on. On the surface no one can really tell just how much his wife means to him and all his time on creation was mainly spent trying to find her while making it look like he was furthering yozi goals. He has quickly learned the dangers of being a Green Sun Prince and his first goal over everything is his wife's safety. To him if this prophecy comes to pass that goal will be harder and harder to obtain not to mention on how she would deal with it herself.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pondeshonda View Post
    He has quickly learned the dangers of being a Green Sun Prince and his first goal over everything is his wife's safety. To him if this prophecy comes to pass that goal will be harder and harder to obtain not to mention on how she would deal with it herself.
    On the bright side, she'd be able to defend herself a lot better.

On the down side, Exalted are often their own worst enemies, and that's including some fierce competition.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    On the bright side, she'd be able to defend herself a lot better.

On the down side, Exalted are often their own worst enemies, and that's including some fierce competition.
    While that is very true during the story she is very put off by the GSPs that she has met but I suppose we will just have to wait and see.

7. - Top - End - #127

You guys may well be in for a treat; due to some stuff, we won't be able to play Saturday, but we're going to play tonight...

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Burnheart View Post
    How many times has Natsu's player missed a session count?
    There was a point where we wouldn't even bother bringing his character up. thats how absent hes been...hes not a very good player when it comes to showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    Ormagoden: Still can't believe he spoke like that to SWLIHN. I literally had to cover my face and stop reading when that part came up. What was the other players' reaction to that? And how does a "jouten" look, anyway?
    Also, very interesting character development for our bard. I was a bit worried Ormagoden may be getting a bit "wussy" after refusing to loot the tomb in the first update, but it seems you've turned it around wonderfully. Is Ormagoden planning to confront the Ebon Dragon about the Reclamation next? That would be interesting, if short.
    Well I'm very new to Exalted, I haven't studied the books that much, so a lot of this stuff is new to me, and I think it frees me from meta gaming. But my character is very confused right now, how crazy his yozi masters are and how his own past life rejected him. So before he does anything major (well...except my urge I actually want to do,) Ormagoden is going to go find out more about his past self.

Thank you to araveugnitsuga for drawing my avatar!

9. - Top - End - #129

'kay, well, it does seem we'll be playing Saturday. As such, I think I'll hold on to updating 'til after that's done. Sorry to disappoint.

Though here's a little teaser: Paranoia ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosen View Post
    There was a point where we wouldn't even bother bringing his character up.
    Hence why he initially wasn't even in the log, until I ninja-edited him back in when he resolved to play more...

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Though here's a little teaser: Paranoia ensued.
    :
    paranoia is a typical feeling you get when one plays in YOUR games

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

paranoia is a typical feeling you get when one plays in YOUR games
    Sounds like fun
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

12. - Top - End - #132

Return to Creation

Well, Calibration is over, and the group's getting ready to leave Malfeas. Abbadon presents Ligier with Raneth's essence cannon; Yuki and the Ebon Dragon have a discussion about what she might do...

And Ormagöden? He prays Gene, expresses that he's not sure what side he's on anymore, how the Althing Infernal made him doubt that the Reclamation would even work... Gene, surprisingly, has a similar view - he believes the world the Yozis would create after their freedom is undesirable. The two are still intent on taking Gem, however; they decide that if the coven ends up not having to kill the Bull of the North, they'll begin working on Gem.

Following that, they set out across the Endless Desert, once again with the intent of leaving via the Inland Sea gateway. However, this time, they fly for Sijan; Ormagöden has convinced Abbadon that the bones of the Terrestrial he's looking for might be found therein.

Against the Bull - Negotiation?!?

With Calibration over, and Nalla Bloodaxe returned from the Saltspire League, Gene attempts to convince the Bull to let him return to Plenilune, so that he might continue his efforts to restore order there. They allow for it, but under the condition that Bloodaxe travel with him.

When they reach Plenilune, there is a message for "Emir" from Abbadon - Yuki was kind enough to bring it straight there from Sijan. Abbadon, it seems, wishes to personally speak with Samea, to explain the real story behind his slaying of Raneth of Diamond Hearth, and potentially even forge a non-aggression pact.

This is equally confusing to both Nalla Bloodaxe and Gene, but they send the message along via Infallible Messenger.

A few days later, Abbadon observes five visitors standing across the bridge from Sijan. It's not just Samea, but also the Bull, "Emir," and two others Abbadon doesn't recognize. Sporting his armor and daiklave, he speaks with them. His side of the story was that he had no intention of slaying Raneth of Diamond Hearth, that he was unjustly attacked from surprise, and that he slew him in self-defense. He goes on to say that he was seeking revenge against Yurgen Kaneko, accusing him of ignoring the revered customs of the Northern tribes for his grand crusade, calling him closed-minded and worse.

The Bull visibly bristles, but apologizes for Abbadon's loss, and explains that it was necessary, that many enemies of Creation exist, and that to stand against them, the North must be unified and ready to take action. He mentions She Who Must Be Obeyed, and the fiasco at Thorns that happened just this Calibration.

Abbadon is unaware of what happened, and inquires as to what befell Thorns. Samea and the Bull explain that they still know very little of the situation, but that supposedly a deathly warlord invaded the area astride a miles-tall giant and with an army of the dead.

Abbadon then decides to discuss the bargain he'd intended to make with Samea; namely, that he wishes her to summon Amalion into Creation, so that she might search for the current incarnation of her First Age husband. Samea is less willing to do this; for one, she doesn't actually have the ability to cast spells of the Adamant Circle, and secondly, she isn't too keen on having a third circle demon run around unbidden in Creation. Abbadon then interjects that the utility of such potent sorcery should not be overlooked, and that in exchange, he would be willing to give up his feud with the Bull.

Samea eventually agrees, under the condition that she nonetheless bind Amalion to certain strictures to prevent her from doing anything dangerous. She then inquires to Abbadon as to what manner of being he is.

Abbadon is very evasive here, unsure of what to say or do. When they ask as to how he was able to slay Raneth of Diamond Hearth when surprised and surrounded by guards, he expresses that "a man of my tribe is worth many." When they point out that he's attuned to multiple artifacts and outright ask if he's an Exalt, he states that he believes himself to be Chosen, but neither a Solar nor a Lunar. And so on and so forth, until basically he agrees to show them his caste mark, but only if they agree to an Eclipse oath binding them to keep it a secret.

They finally agree, and are surprised at what they see: a greenish brand upon his forehead, depicting two crossed swords. Unsure of what he is, they nonetheless have the Eclipse in their circle seal both pacts: that they will keep his nature a secret, and that Samea will learn Solar Circle Sorcery and summon Amalion, in exchange for Abbadon's non-aggression pact. With that in mind, they depart.

Oh, and on a minor note, Yuki and her hellish demon-baby are finally reunited.

Memories of Memories...

When last we left Ormagöden, he was in Sijan, looking to learn more of the details of his First Age incarnation. However, it seems that the libraries of Sijan are not open to visitors, so he decides to get his information straight from the horse's mouth - or, ghost's mouth, as it were. Once again he makes his way north to the shadowland in which he found Elegant Sonah. He finds the tunnel while it is still daytime, and enters the tomb once more.

He calls forth Elegant Sonah, who asks why he's returned. Ormagöden states that he intends to renounce his old ways and learn more of the First Age, if Elegant Sonah would have him as a student. Elegant Sonah forgives him, and the two have quite the heart-to-heart. However, the more they converse, the more faded the ghost looks; Elegant Sonah explains that his fetters to existence are all but gone, and that he will depart after impacting the rest of his knowledge.

As the ghost speaks, though, it's glaringly obvious to Ormagöden that the world now is vastly different than it was an Age ago. Finally Elegant Sonah fades away and is no more, not even leaving behind a corpse. Ormagöden picks up the mask and the robes, bundling them up to take with him as he leaves the tomb... unfortunately, his attempt at getting around one of the traps causes the whole shebang to start collapsing.

He escapes from it, only to now observe that it's nighttime.

Shadowlands, you see, are places where the Underworld and Creation are metaphysically tied together; during the day, a shadowland is cut off from the Underworld... at night, the shadowland is cut off from Creation.

Worse yet, he's not alone.

The Beast of the Chase

So, imagine this - you've just crawled your way out of a collapsing tomb - your body is one giant bruise, and you suspect that you have a few cracked ribs and other assorted injuries; surviving all that took up quite a bit of your magical reserves, leaving you relatively-drained. Unfortunately for you, this is the Underworld, and thus you cannot naturally respire Essence here.

And then the branches of the nearby forest sway as though a wind had blown through them... but there's no wind, not even a breeze. The branches sway again, harder, and you begin to hear a creaking sound. Loud, but distant. The only light source is the emerald bonfire from your anima, and even that is a sickly, unnatural light. Everything suddenly shudders, and a foul stench blows your way.

Such is Ormagöden's situation, at which point he begins desperately praying to Gene. He explains that he's trapped in the shadowland known as the Black Chase. Asking for aid, Ormagöden is granted night vision by Gene. That's what allows him to see the long, skeletal limbs rising taller than the treetops.

He attempts to pray again as this massive, undead thing approaches, but his voice fogs up as though it was winter, and his spoken prayer is swept into the monstrosity's misshapen jaws. Its predatorial face opens and speaks, "Another one, another one, into my jaws it must run." Ormagöden blanches, hauling himself up on his damaged legs, and attempts to run. It gives chase, scuttling after him on its long, skeletal limbs, taking the occasional swipe at him. One lucky hit actually sends him flying seventy yards, but he ignores the pain and the fear and keeps running for his life, sprinting from the thing for more than two hours...

Meanwhile, Gene decides to contact Abbadon via Infallible Messenger, and informs him that Ormagöden is trapped in the Black Chase, north of Sijan. He asks that Abbadon see about making sure he is safe. Abbadon resolves to do so, and that's where we called it a night.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

I was hopeing to find out more about Yuki's Demon baby but this was still a good update, i can't wait to learn how Ormagöden gets out of his current predicament.
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Abbadon will have to engage beast mode and save him from being ripped apart by the evils of the Underworld

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by pondeshonda View Post
    Abbadon will have to engage beast mode and save him from being ripped apart by the evils of the Underworld
    Maybe, maybe. You'll get your chance, anyway.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

And that is how our ST makes us not want to do anything.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

i can't wait to learn how Ormagöden gets out of his current predicament.
    clearly that behemoth isn't a fan of my music

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

clearly that behemoth isn't a fan of my music
    Did you try playing for it?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

Did you try playing for it?
    No, due to that I'd rather keep living, I was relying on By Pain Reforged which for those who don't know, Allows me to ignore all penalties related to blunt health levels, and if it would fill the incap with blunt, it rolls over to lethal. All my health levels that weren't filled with lethal were blunt...so I didn't want to take any chances

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Maybe he just needs to hear a happy tune and be reminded of the beauty of life

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe he just needs to hear a happy tune and be reminded of the beauty of life
    well still, didn't want to take the risk of dying in the underworld, bad enough I'm stuck in the underworld for awhile

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

bad enough I'm stuck in the underworld for awhile
    I don't have any Exalted books so why is that a bad thing?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't have any Exalted books so why is that a bad thing?
    It's the Underworld. It's filled with ghosts with varying motivations, but at the very top of the pile are the Deathlords, the commanders of the Abyssal Exalted and servants of the Neverborn.

In a nutshell, it's the home base dimension of the faction that (supposedly) wants to destroy everything forever, mainly because the Neverborn were sick of their existence the moment they changed from Primordials to Neverborn.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

So not somewhere to go on holiday then?

25. - Top - End - #145

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    It's the Underworld. It's filled with ghosts with varying motivations, but at the very top of the pile are the Deathlords, the commanders of the Abyssal Exalted and servants of the Neverborn.

In a nutshell, it's the home base dimension of the faction that (supposedly) wants to destroy everything forever, mainly because the Neverborn were sick of their existence the moment they changed from Primordials to Neverborn.
    And you can't regain motes while you're there, while everything that lives there can. So while you have to ration your charm usage, the natives have no problem with that. Also, loyalist Abyssals. Then again, I suppose stunting could help mote-wise...
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2011-07-07 at 05:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    And you can't regain motes while you're there, while everything that lives there can. So while you have to ration your charm usage, the natives have no problem with that. Also, loyalist Abyssals. Then again, I suppose stunting could help mote-wise...
    which is the main reason I'm in trouble, I have...13-15 motes left.

27. - Top - End - #147

which is the main reason I'm in trouble, I have...13-15 motes left.
    Better get stunting, then .

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Better get stunting, then.
    Also troublesome for him, he can't use his most potent defense; one of his Charms lets him perfectly parry any attack directed at him, but he can only use it in places that are deliberately developed for habitation - the Black Chase certainly doesn't count.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Also troublesome for him, he can't use his most potent defense; one of his Charms lets him perfectly parry any attack directed at him, but he can only use it in places that are deliberately developed for habitation - the Black Chase certainly doesn't count.
    As much as I love Malfeas and his Charms, Ablation of Brass and Fire's Imperfection of the Demon City is a rather large hole to have in your defences. I would much rather have Counter-Conceptual Imposition or Who Strikes the Wind? as my perfect defence, partially due to coolness, less crippling Imperfections and because they require significantly less Charm investment.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

Would a ghost city count as inhabited? If so he better run to ghostly Sijan then!