New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Serious Plots 2 - SERIOUSNESS OVERWHELMING

[Artaris' Wrath - Room 1]

Nadine nods, and then heads back inside the room. Tomwise and Harnel both take up spots along the wall, relaxing after that encounter, and presumably Cessie follows Nadine.

Once the door is closed once more, she says, "May I see some of your magic?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Of course." Cessie replies and do her usual show of having a flame appear in her hand to then disappear. Not really all that impressive but it was how she did it. "Can you do any kind of magic? I'm afraid I don't know what a moon dancer is."

Meanwhile she send a telepathic message to Harnel, You aren't too upset are you? At least I get to see your homeworld right?

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel mentally responds, True. I can show you lots of things there. I'm going to have to keep cloaked though. You should be fine, of course.

Nadine nods, "I am what city folk refer to as a druid - communing with nature, and drawing from her power. I only use my gift in dire circumstances, however. To do less would disrespect the will of nature."

4. - Top - End - #394

"A druid? How interesting, we have magic casters who also call themselves druids. I'm not sure their powers is drawn from nature however. Is that how druids dress in you society or is it just a popular choice of clothing from where you are from? I have never seen anything like it actually." Cessie asks.

That's horrible! You deserve so much better, especially after we get married. I guess I give you some extra affection while we are there then, to make you forget about all the idiots I mean.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadine shakes her head, "This is how the people of my tribe dress. Harnel has told you we are desert nomads, yes? This is the garb of a moondancer of the bird tribe."

She turns her back to Cessie so that the sorceress can seen the embroidered bird on the back of Nadine's robe. It's exquisitely done.

I won't object to that, Harnel sends, sounding amused, Just keep in mind, if people find out I'm a Half-dragon while we're there, You're going to be in as much trouble as I am. Dragon Lover is a horrible insult there.

6. - Top - End - #396

I have worried way too much what others might think of my attraction to you, if this place is that horrible as you claim it is I'm not going to let us stay there for long. Cessie replies, sounding a bit upset.

"Ah, of course. I see what that cloth is for now. When I were in a desert I always got sand or sun in my eyes." Considering she was still wearing her full set of clothes despite the heat... <.<

"You always let Tomwise talk for you though while Harnel is here, is that a cultural thing?"

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Artaris' Wrath - Deck]

"Well, we should be able to see the world tree Temeria soon." Dara says with a smile. "That should be fairly impressive I think."
    "The world tree?" KR asks. She's familiar with the concept of a 'world tree' in general, though they tend to differ from cosmologies to cosmologies, to trees that quite literally held up the world, to slightly less impressive trees that are merely the physical embodiment of nature or some similarly abstract concept. She's curious as to what role this one fulfills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

"It is," Nadine says, "I was so surprised when I left my tribe to join Tomwise's group that women spoke out on their own. Kail, I could understand - she's a unique circumstance, but I'd never met a woman before who spoke to men she was not family with. Of course, suppose I could if I wanted to, but it just would fell so... strange."

I learned how to avoid the zealots - we can stay for as long as you want to. I'll just be more hidden than you, that's all. I don't want to leave before you see all the things I can show you.

9. - Top - End - #399

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    [Atari's Wrath- Deck]

Cathy heads up here, deciding pretty much the same as KR and Weomir- might as well have a look at this place now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    "The world tree?" KR asks. She's familiar with the concept of a 'world tree' in general, though they tend to differ from cosmologies to cosmologies, to trees that quite literally held up the world, to slightly less impressive trees that are merely the physical embodiment of nature or some similarly abstract concept. She's curious as to what role this one fulfills.
    [Atari's Wrath- Deck]

Cathy will be able to see Wenomir and KR talking to Dara, she will also notice it's extremely cold above deck with icy winds easily cutting through the thickest of clothes.

"A world tree, we have only found two of them but there have been more. The elves made them during their golden age, they are massive enough to support entire cities at the top. The elves called it alymia radhur, the higher realm. They are massive spirits able to support themselves and everyone living upon them. Everyone should at least see them once in their lives which is why decided to go outside the ordinary route a bit. I hope you don't mind?" Dara explains.

Meanwhile Cathy can see a crewmember going up to Dara, "Excuse me lady Dara but miss Ilpholin need warm for her bath, I was wondering if you could help her with that."
    The others might notice how rumpled his clothes are.

Dara nods, "Alright, just ask her to wait a moment, I'm talking to our other guests right now."

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post

"It is," Nadine says, "I was so surprised when I left my tribe to join Tomwise's group that women spoke out on their own. Kail, I could understand - she's a unique circumstance, but I'd never met a woman before who spoke to men she was not family with. Of course, suppose I could if I wanted to, but it just would fell so... strange."

I learned how to avoid the zealots - we can stay for as long as you want to. I'll just be more hidden than you, that's all. I don't want to leave before you see all the things I can show you.

"Oh, I see. I know the feeling really, the first time I meet Hope I had never seen a woman without a dress before and she was wearing these manly clothes that revealed a lot of her skin. I was terribly rude at her yet she saved me from a angry mob later. Culture makes us act strange doesn't it?" The mage smiles gently at Nadine as if in on some type of joke.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-07-22 at 09:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guest Bathroom]

Ilpholin gets undressed and waits patiently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadine nods, "Tomwise called it 'culture shock'. It seems appropriate enough." She leans conspiratorially in and smiles, "I'll tell you now though, Tomwise thinks my robes make me look like a celestial. I think he's just silly, but I do what I can to make him happy. That's my role."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

She decides to stay below decks, in that case- a kimono isn't the best clothing for that sort of weather.

If there's an observation window of any kind, however, she'll look at the surroundings through that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #403

[Empty Storage Room]

"At the end of the corridor near the guest rooms my lady, I will make haste." And unless there was anything else Petrus will go off to talk to Dara.

Cessie was just about to add something when she feel anger from Harnel. "We'd better." She agrees and supposedly the two ladies will see what railed up their respective husbands.

[Artaris' Wrath - Under Deck]

"As far I know it's some sort of auto pilot, you will have to ask them for the details though. We never used it as long as I have been on this ship." The crew man replies.

Mia shrugs.

"Thank you. Well maybe I can find someone on Deck."

She will then head on Deck and look there for someone to talk.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #404

Nadine nods, "Tomwise called it 'culture shock'. It seems appropriate enough." She leans conspiratorially in and smiles, "I'll tell you now though, Tomwise thinks my robes make me look like a celestial. I think he's just silly, but I do what I can to make him happy. That's my role."
    She decides to stay below decks, in that case- a kimono isn't the best clothing for that sort of weather.

If there's an observation window of any kind, however, she'll look at the surroundings through that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

Mia shrugs.

"Thank you. Well maybe I can find someone on Deck."

She will then head on Deck and look there for someone to talk.

She will find the captain before she gets to the deck. "Yes, what can I help you with?" He asks.

The mage doesn't know exactly what she is referring to even if she heard the word before just not with the same meaning. So she just assumes he thinks she's beautiful.
    She smiles back, "Maybe I should try those clothes myself to see what Harnel thinks, I think he looks like an angel myself with those wings."

[Artaris Wrath - Room 4]

Cathy can see the landscape change from a lifeless tundra to a vibrant snowbound forest growing around a wast river. She will be able to see signs of civilization represented by a single large cabin by the river.

She can also see what appears to be the outlines of an oddly shaped mountain.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-07-23 at 05:10 AM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

More culture shock! "With his wings? But they are leathery. Aren't angel wings covered in silvery feathers?" Nadine tilts her head slightly, trying to figure this out, "... I suppose angels may be different in each of our worlds."

"But you would like to try on my robes, yes? Unfortunately, nobody but the one who it was made for may wear a moondancer's robes, and these were made for me. I do, however, have some more normal clothing for the women of my tribe. We have close to the same build, so it should fit."

16. - Top - End - #406

"I just spot a closed room and one of the crew member told me that this is an emergency room. Could you please tell me what exactly is behind the door? It#s not like I would do anything to it, it is just nice to know you know."

With this holy robes she wear she looks quiet impressive, even for her young age. Also her spelling and speech seem more seriouse than she was the whole time before.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Cathy frowns a little, trying to make out the mountain better.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #408

More culture shock! "With his wings? But they are leathery. Aren't angel wings covered in silvery feathers?" Nadine tilts her head slightly, trying to figure this out, "... I suppose angels may be different in each of our worlds."

"But you would like to try on my robes, yes? Unfortunately, nobody but the one who it was made for may wear a moondancer's robes, and these were made for me. I do, however, have some more normal clothing for the women of my tribe. We have close to the same build, so it should fit."

How do Danine's clothes look like exactly?

"I guess they are..." He would be her angel at the very least.
    "If I could burrow some clothes, sure. You could get some of mine too if you like."

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

"I just spot a closed room and one of the crew member told me that this is an emergency room. Could you please tell me what exactly is behind the door? It#s not like I would do anything to it, it is just nice to know you know."

With this holy robes she wear she looks quiet impressive, even for her young age. Also her spelling and speech seem more seriouse than she was the whole time before.
    Cathy frowns a little, trying to make out the mountain better.
    Eventually she might make out that the mountain is tree shaped and probably larger then most mountains she ever seen.

The captain is silent for a moment, "In case the mage dies there is something that can be activated there which will make sure we can still steer the ship. It's an auto-pilot of sort. The ship was constructed for war so such things weren't too uncommon. It's nothing we really include in our tour of the ship though." He explains.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

[Atari's Wrath- Deck]

I definetly don't mind. It's bound to be an impressive sight. Wenomir vaguely remembers something about there being a massive tree upholding the world in the old myths of his homeland. In the modern days, the church of Perun derides such beliefs as foolishness at best and heresy at worst and their rival clergy of Old Trinity doesn't put much weight in them either.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #410

"I really wonder why the ship hasn't a anti grave engine. Do all your 'ships' made like this one? I really wonder what would happen if it is hit by a anti magic field."

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

((Handwaving their luggage in here))

Nadine nods, grinning behind her veil. She likes dress up

She'll reach under her bed thing to where she stored her clothes. What she pulls out is a long and flowing dress made of the same white silky material her robe is made of - light and well made, but would keep the desert sun off your body if you had something to cover your head with... such as the veil and a head wrap. Nadine has those as well, but doesn't take them out - she'd abandoned wearing such things when not in a desert, mostly to let her hair free.

"What do you think? Would you wear this for Harnel?" The dress would certainly hide most of her body due to how it sits on a person, but it has a kind of flowing elegance to it. Also, because of the loose nature of the dress, unless you were wearing something underneath, it would probably feel remarkably open to Cessie, who is used to having her upper body bound and such

22. - Top - End - #412

[Atari's Wrath- Deck]

"We should be able to see it soon but I need give Ilpholin some warm water now, I'll be back soon." Dara replies and then follows Petrus down below deck.

Wenomir and KR will soon be able to see the tree as well, even so far away it's ridiculously large.

Let me put this in perspective, when the party that this world were build around were on this tree it took days to walk from the end of a branch on the right side to the left side.

"Anti-magic? Like how? I never heard of such thing. You have to talk to Dara with that but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist here." The captain replies.

"Oh, between you and me, I have worn lot weirder clothes for Harnel..." Cessie replies as she let's the fabric of the cloth runs through her hand, suddenly glancing at her own package. "In fact, you want to see one of them?"

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadine indeed comes over to look at the dresses Cessie had brought. Of course, this begs the question - was she expecting to do much seducing of Harnel while they were in Hestopia?

24. - Top - End - #414
    Halfling in the Playground

Artaris' Wrath - Room 2

Oh... I can take it away if you want. No one would even remember it existed! Libra replies cheerfully.
    That gives Adir pause for a second. Mentally and physically. And so to stall, he says, What? How?

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Artaris' Wrath - Room 2]

An idea comes to Sakura. "Well, we could wish that the baby is happy and healthy and perfect." Thinking about the baby brings a smile to her face again.
    "I dunno how good an idea that is, honey." Plus, the stag doesn't sound all that enthusiastic about it in the first place. "What do you mean 'perfect', anyway?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

[Artaris' Wrath - Room 2]

"Just that nothing goes wrong." Sakura's smile fades to a frown at this new line of thought. "That can happen you know? I don't know what I'd do with myself if I lost our baby." These pessimistic thoughts are rapidly wearing at her good mood. She almost feels like crying just thinking about it.

26. - Top - End - #416

Nadine indeed comes over to look at the dresses Cessie had brought. Of course, this begs the question - was she expecting to do much seducing of Harnel while they were in Hestopia?

She keeps all her clothes with her, always. Besides, there was always that honeymoon... <.<

She will show her that dress Harnel said he liked not long ago, this one. Only in the nexus you could find such impractical clothing.

She actually blushes slightly as she shows it to Nadine, "It's only for private sessions of course." Now that I think about it, I'm not sure she would show it to Hope. Or maybe she would. I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    That gives Adir pause for a second. Mentally and physically. And so to stall, he says, What? How?
    "Like gone, forever. Not to come again." Libra replies. Though I dunno about the memory part, some of you are still in the nexus, hmm... but you only want to get rid of the child right?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-07-23 at 05:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417

"Yeah I should really search for her."

And that she will do.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Despite her darker skin, it's fairly clear Nadine is blushing as well. She's probably wondering what Tomwise would think of the dress, "Where in the world did you find such a dress? It's so..." Nadine trails off, not finding the right word.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Halfling in the Playground

Artaris' Wrath - Room 2

"Sakura, don't you think we have enough to worry about?" Adir says, almost rolling his eyes, and then looking at Sakura seriously. "C'mon. It'll be fine. That only happens if you get hurt somehow."

Another pause.

Oh, gods, no. If I even considered this... I wouldn't want anyone to remember.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-07-23 at 05:45 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #420

Artaris' Wrath - Room 2

Okay! Think of something else then. Harnel had his first wish pretty clear. Libra replies.

[Artaris' Wrath - Under Deck==> Guest Bathroom]

Mia will find her with Petrus, just about to enter the bathroom where Ilpholin currently is located. She knocks on the door, "Are you decent in there? I came to give you some warm water."

Cessie is also staring at the dress, hardly believing she ever wore that. "It's... special, yeah. Not anything thing I would normally wear but I like to dress up a bit for Harnel sometimes." She blushes again but quickly attempts to hide it by clearing her throat.
    "They have basically every clothing imaginable in the nexus, it were even worse dresses then this but I thought Harnel would like this one."