New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

Quote Originally Posted by aetherialDawn View Post
    So... If you kill the Neverborn and destroy the Deathlords, then the Lunars win as a Lunar Deliberative/alliance with Terrestrials and Sidereals... Things are okay?
    Yes. But the Neverborn don't actually have any effect on the flowchart. But it's extra points if you can disperse them.

Also, I had a thought. Splintered Gale Shintai creates little copies of <Infernal> as a heroic mortal/demon. Who is specifically eligible to receive Celestial Exaltation (comes with a free human soul!) (though not Terrestrial. No DBs needed here.) and seeing as you already Exalted once to become a GSP, it's not unreasonable for it to happen again, though it is of course unlikely.
    But Adorjan also knows this charm... And sure, she's crazy. (and thanks to this thread, I'll always think of GLaDOS-crazy with her) But you can't say she has no heroic moments.
    So...Night Caste Solar with memories of being The Silent Wind. Fun times.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2011-07-06 at 07:24 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

Shouldn't the peaceful reintegration of the Alchemicals result have an "In Soviet Russia" joke in there?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Troll in the Playground

So... If you kill the Neverborn and destroy the Deathlords, then the Lunars win as a Lunar Deliberative/alliance with Terrestrials and Sidereals... Things are okay?
    The thing is, I don't see the Lunars, Sidereals, and Terrestrials, as they all are in the Second Age, being able to defeat the combined forces of the Underworld. They were all impotent before the power of the Great Contagion. One more plot on that scale, and they're done.

With Solars/Abyssals/Infernals on their side, then, yeah, bringing ruin to the Deathlords and the Neverborn and the Underworld as a whole is perfectly feasible. But then you have to convince them to not be in charge, and let their lesser cousins do all the ruling for them and to never make a power grab (keeping in mind that your strongest members are statutory rape bonded Solar Bonded to all the guys who want to usurp your new world order). And then you gotta do the same thing for their reincarnations, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    So...Night Caste Solar with memories of being The Silent Wind. Fun times.
    Definitely.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    The thing is, I don't see the Lunars, Sidereals, and Terrestrials, as they all are in the Second Age, being able to defeat the combined forces of the Underworld. They were all impotent before the power of the Great Contagion. One more plot on that scale, and they're done.
    Lunars set up TSR projects with pureblooded Dragonblooded beastmen, Bronze Faction and Gold Faction team up with fixed Siddie rules to bestow a great fate upon their forces, and one to destroy the Calender, sending the Underworld into flux. Realm + TSR invade through shadowlands and manse cap them as Terrestrial element-aspected (whenever powerful Terrestrials die, there is a charm that lets them merge with the land and become a demesne, which would be mandatory). Deathlords can be taken out by a full circle of Lunars and a few Sidereals each, which enhance their destinies and provide combat support. FaFL will be the only challenge.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

this gives me an idea:

a game called Exalted: No Solars.

basically, it takes the vanilla setting and it alters it only slightly: namely everything involving Solars is hopeless. the Solars are not a threat, they are hopelessly useless. one-hundred fifty god-kings scattered and leaderless? unite and save the day? YEA RIGHT! the Abyssals and Infernals? ALL EVIL! can't play them in this game.
    the Gold Faction? The Cult of the Illuminated? The Seneschals of the Sun Kings? ALL DELUDED IDIOTS! the Solars are too separated and divided to actually affect anything.
    leaving it up, to the last four Exalts: The Dragon-Blooded, the Lunars, the Sidereals and the Alchemicals. They have to fight everything without any help from the Solars. obviously, no one can play any kind of Solaroid in this game.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Lunars set up TSR projects with pureblooded Dragonblooded beastmen, Bronze Faction and Gold Faction team up with fixed Siddie rules to bestow a great fate upon their forces, and one to destroy the Calender, sending the Underworld into flux. Realm + TSR invade through shadowlands and manse cap them as Terrestrial element-aspected (whenever powerful Terrestrials die, there is a charm that lets them merge with the land and become a demesne, which would be mandatory). Deathlords can be taken out by a full circle of Lunars and a few Sidereals each, which enhance their destinies and provide combat support. FaFL will be the only challenge.
    It's easy to say that, but I don't see it. It seems to me like, at most, they might take out a Deathlord, suffer significant losses, and then end up antagonizing the rest into action. Which would not be good for Creation. So far, the only thing keeping the Deathlords from descending on the world and crushing it utterly, even without Abyssals at their command, and with the newly returned Solars opposing them, is the fact that they're eons-old ghosts with a distorted sense of time and an utter lack of motivation to do so.

Give them cause to think they might double die, and for good this time, they might start actually pulling out their Essence 10 Solar Charms and turn Creation into a smoking crater.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    [...]a game called Exalted: No Solars.
    This is an interesting idea, but not the easiest to pull off with the varying levels of power between the four available character types. So while it sounds kind of interesting in theory it might be worth a few weeks of prep to plan and / or balance some issues.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

Give them cause to think they might double die, and for good this time, they might start actually pulling out their Essence 10 Solar Charms and turn Creation into a smoking crater.
    Although the Great Contagion was hamstrung by another Deathlord acting at the same time. Maybe getting them all to act would kill them all, and still leave a small pocket of life.
    Which is then dragged down into Oblivion by the enormous amounts of death everywhere else.

So it looks like saving Creation with Lunars is a two-step plan: Solars kill the Deathlords and Neverborn, and then Lunars+Terrestrials+Sidereals somehow take over... Does this make the Cult of the Illuminated a viable option for saving Creation, if it could only be sufficiently taken over by the Silver Faction of the Sidereals? And of course, if the Fair Folk win, then those superpredatory protoraksha out in Pure Chaos won't let Creation rise again for a long, long time - if at all.
    Last edited by aetherialDawn; 2011-07-06 at 08:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Firbolg in the Playground

Although the Great Contagion was hamstrung by another Deathlord acting at the same time. Maybe getting them all to act would kill them all, and still leave a small pocket of life.
    So...

Deathlords are affected by the Inverse Ninja Law?

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Banned

It's easy to say that, but I don't see it. It seems to me like, at most, they might take out a Deathlord, suffer significant losses, and then end up antagonizing the rest into action. Which would not be good for Creation. So far, the only thing keeping the Deathlords from descending on the world and crushing it utterly, even without Abyssals at their command, and with the newly returned Solars opposing them, is the fact that they're eons-old ghosts with a distorted sense of time and an utter lack of motivation to do so.

Well, my opinions is heavily biased by the fact that I think they need a rewrite, in which they don't have Solar Charms (cause they're not Solars anymore...) or a few other things, but a slew of unique effects that make battling them fun and challenging and unique. But I also think the entirety of Abyssals makes no sense (really need to read it again) with the whole "flip a switch and they're death~y" thing.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Troll in the Playground

So it looks like saving Creation with Lunars is a two-step plan: Solars kill the Deathlords and Neverborn, and then Lunars+Terrestrials+Sidereals somehow take over... Does this make the Cult of the Illuminated a viable option for saving Creation, if it could only be sufficiently taken over by the Silver Faction of the Sidereals?
    Yeah, I think this would be their best bet. Convince the Solar-tier Exalted to deal with the biggest threats first. Then, instate a world-wide religion/philosophy that puts Lunars at the top, and makes the Solar-tier Exalts devoted servants of the government, similar to how the Alchemical victory condition would work. Try to pull off a smaller-scale Usurpation-esque event for any dissenters to get the reincarnation loyalty ball rolling.

I don't think this kind of setup would work forever, but I'd bet on it giving us a few hundred years of peace, and the eventual fallout might not be as bad as the Second Age.

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Well, my opinions is heavily biased by the fact that I think they need a rewrite, in which they don't have Solar Charms (cause they're not Solars anymore...) or a few other things, but a slew of unique effects that make battling them fun and challenging and unique. But I also think the entirety of Abyssals makes no sense (really need to read it again) with the whole "flip a switch and they're death~y" thing.
    Well, I agree that the Deathlords need a little changing here and there, but this is what we have at the moment.

And I've been finding more evidence that supports my theory of Abyssals being a purposefully implemented doomsday weapon on the part of Autochthon.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I think this would be their best bet. Convince the Solar-tier Exalted to deal with the biggest threats first. Then, instate a world-wide religion/philosophy that puts Lunars at the top, and makes the Solar-tier Exalts devoted servants of the government, similar to how the Alchemical victory condition would work. Try to pull off a smaller-scale Usurpation-esque event for any dissenters to get the reincarnation loyalty ball rolling.

I don't think this kind of setup would work forever, but I'd bet on it giving us a few hundred years of peace, and the eventual fallout might not be as bad as the Second Age.
    You would have to convince the Solar-Tier exalted not to punch you in the face once they figure out they are being used. That plan relies on every single Solar-Tier to be of the idiot hero brand, which I'm pretty sure there are a number that will catch on.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    You would have to convince the Solar-Tier exalted not to punch you in the face once they figure out they are being used. That plan relies on every single Solar-Tier to be of the idiot hero brand, which I'm pretty sure there are a number that will catch on.
    Alchemicals can get much higher Intelligence scores, and they seem fine being servants of the state.

Serving the greater good is not idiocy. There is a simple honor in contentment at your station, knowing that you are doing good and that you need not go higher.

The Solarfolk that will need manipulating/backstabbing are the power-hungry ones who would rather burn peace and order to the ground than be commanded. The fact that these people will arise is one of the main reasons I don't think a Lunar Deliberative would work forever.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-07-06 at 10:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Troll in the Playground

Alchemicals can get much higher Intelligence scores, and they seem fine being servants of the state.

Serving the greater good is not idiocy. There is a simple honor in contentment at your station, knowing that you are doing good and that you need not go higher.

The Solarfolk that will need manipulating/backstabbing are the power-hungry ones who would rather burn peace and order to the ground than be commanded. The fact that these people will arise is one of the main reasons I don't think a Lunar Deliberative would work forever.
    There's also the fact that Solar Exaltations choose hosts very differently than the process used by Alchemicals. Being someone's lackey for several thousand years doesn't exactly sound like an epic motivation.
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-07-06 at 10:06 PM.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Troll in the Playground

The thing is, that's one of the things that cause someone to become a Solar or Lunar tier exalt. Infernals have 3 sponsors that would rather destroy everything around them than be controlled/commanded/told what to do. Abyssals, don't know much about actually, don't have the book.

Heck, Devil-Tigers especially would be unlikely to want to be commanded to do anything. They just broke free of being commanded by mentally broken creatures of phenomenal power. What would they take orders from beings with a millionth the power of their former masters?

The plan of 'turn Solaroids into servants of the state' would never work. With exaltation (for infernals and solars at least) comes massive pride.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Banned

Well, I agree that the Deathlords need a little changing here and there, but this is what we have at the moment.

And I've been finding more evidence that supports my theory of Abyssals being a purposefully implemented doomsday weapon on the part of Autochthon.
    I wish there was a soulsteel-attuning Underworld/Neverborn/Deathlord Exalted that wasn't a Solaroid. I wish there were no Solaroids, and just Solars. I love Infernals, just not the whole "corrupted Solar shard" thing. I've been thinking of ways for there to be "Abyssals" and Infernals without having the Solar shard.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    There's also the fact that Solar Exaltations choose hosts very differently than the process used by Alchemicals. Being someone's lackey for several thousand years doesn't exactly sound like an epic motivation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    The plan of 'turn Solaroids into servants of the state' would never work. With exaltation (for infernals and solars at least) comes massive pride.
    Yes, thank you for pointing out exactly what I am agreeing with you on.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Barbarian in the Playground

The flowchart is incomplete!

7) Raksha win.
    7.a) Creation is now MLP-land, with the occasional infestation of reborn Exalts who won't get along with the rainbows and friendship thing already.
    7.a.1) The Exalts destroy everything. Return to 0)
    7.a.2) The Exalts are awarded solipsistic worlds covering a few thousand square miles, inhabited by only Commoner Fair Folk whose Motivation is making them happy. Everyone wins.
    7.a.2.a) The solipsistic worlds are actually built out of a recursive loop initiated with young pony's dreams of flying really fast, and collapse into non-existence when she loses the race, but learns a valuable lesson in trust.
    7.a.2.a.1) The Exalts are banished to timeless Elsewhere, still alive and unable to return. Everyone else wins.
    7.a.2.a.2) The Exalts all come back at the same time and place, and fight for control. Go to zero.
    7.a.2.a.3) USE YOUR POWERS OF SUBTLE MANIPULATION TO ENSURE THE PONY WINS!
    7.a.2.b) The worlds are built out of actual Fair Folk Graces, and thus have existing exits.
    7.a.2.b.1) The Exalts escape and kill their erstwhile captors. Go to zero, enjoy your nice new unicorn skin cloak.
    7.a.2.b.2) A halfway competent Heroic Commoner is assigned the eternal quest of closing the Exalt heavens in on themselves via astute Freehold manipulation, so escape is impossible.
    7.a.2.b.2.a) Exalts laugh at the impossible, escape, kill everything. Go to 0.
    7.a.2.b.2.b) Exalts decide to take on the quest themselves, and spend the rest of eternity locking each other in and out of weird heavens created from their imagination. Everyone wins (except the abused commoners busy satisfying the Exalts' desires).
    7.a.2.b.3) The Exalts actually enjoy being in their heavens, and don't bother anyone.
    7.a.2.b.4) The Exalts eventually kick their addiction to the Heavens, and go postal on Creation after having grown bored with the fey analog to the Games of Divinity.
    7.a.3) Exalts are tricked into fighting for and against the wonders of MLP-land, ideally far, far away. Pure Chaos is a bit too close.
    7.a.3.a) Someone wins and comes back. Return to 0)
    7.a.3.b) 'Exalts. Exalts never change.' Win?
    7.b) Creation goes poof and is devoured by the Raksha, then by the Hanya, then by the predators that eat the Hanya, then by... Return to 0 after your lunch break.
    7.c) Raksha fight over what to do with Creation, raising weird armies against each other and generally making a mess of things.
    7.c.1) A particularly idiotic Fair Folk finds the RDG controls and pushes the Big Red Button. Return to 0) and pass a turn.
    7.c.2) A particularly astute Fair Folk finds the RDG controls and pushes the Big Red Button. Return to 0) and pass a turn.
    7.c.3) All Fair Folk near the RDG controls spontaneously decide it's time to reenact Woodstock and leave the Big Red Button alone. Creation subsists, albeit with more talking fish-bottle opener hybrids. Return to 1) with weirdness scaled up a bit. Yay?
    7.d) Creation is split into a few million self powered and independent bubbles of semi stable Wyld stuff, wandering through the deepest reaches of Chaos and sometimes meeting.
    7.d.1) Benevolent Raksha elevate all Creation-born to feybloods, and eventually transcend existence to become toolboxes. Exalts are just especially skilled 'mortals' with predictable mental aberrations - i.e. freaks. They eventually create their own reality bubbles and wander off.
    7.d.2) Ambivalent Raksha mutate all Creation-born to immortal Wyld beings. Exaltation is a horrible disease that gives you massive power but means you will only live a few millennia, and can't even get better after being decapitated and eaten by puffins.
    7.d.3) Hostile Raksha turn all Creation-born into forced breeding camps for more and more tasty dreams. Exalts wipe them out whenever they occur.
    7.d.3.a) Errata creates a Charm allowing Exalts to bypass hard reality barriers, and another charm enabling aleph-1 order speed in the Wyld. Exalts eventually reclaim control of all the reality bubbles, return to 0).
    7.d.3.b) Errata fails. Existence is hell for everyone but the 1 / infinity mortals who do have an Exalt nearby. They just get to put up with an Exalt as long as said Exalt lives. Lose.
    7.e) Varied Raksha try all the plans above simultaneously. Storytellers everywhere die of fourth wall saturation attacks and Creation is left to develop however it likes. Bwuh?

Edit And yes, I have a notion of how to pull off all these endings. Among others.
    Last edited by meschlum; 2011-07-06 at 10:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by meschlum View Post
    7.a) Creation is now MLP-land, with the occasional infestation of reborn Exalts who won't get along with the rainbows and friendship thing already.
    Dis right here? I like dis. Make dis happen.

20. - Top - End - #1190

The Rainbow of Friendship

While fleeing a terrible Hanya known only as the Fourth Wall, a Raksha managed to escape destruction by altering its story utterly, becoming something other than it had once been. When it managed to find a moment of respite in the shallows of the Wyld, the Fair Folk bore the imprint of the Rainbow, and sought to convey its lessons to one and all.

The land where the Rainbow rises is inhabited solely by ponies, pegasi, and unicorns - though some mixed breeds exist, and goblins and dragons are known to visit or even stay. Humans are nigh inconceivable, though rumor speaks of one who lives at the end of the Rainbow and is, de facto, the Princess ruling over the country.

Within this marvelous place, all are kind to one another, and great efforts are made to encourage and develop the higher virtues of friendship, love, and sharing. No one goes hungry, for the grass is rich and tasty, and if your fancy goes to other foods, you merely need to ask another, and the other to agree, for the most scrumptious dish to appear. No one is sad, for friends and neighbors will always motivate you to regain your good mood, and help you learn lessons that will make you a better person.

Sometimes, things come from the outside. Balancing on an unnatural number of limbs, armed with sharp teeth to devour the flesh of innocent animals (or even ponies!), using weird twisting growths to manipulate their warped tools and covered in the flayed and dried flesh of their kin... Truly, they are beings of nightmare. Still, the influence of the Rainbow can soothe most savages, and in time they will learn trust and friendship, even becoming good ponies.

A few, who call themselves Exalted, are irredeemably tied to the powers of rage and hatred. Excessively rarely, they have been brought around to seeing the world in a saner way, though they retain much of their abnormal form - this is where many tales of humans, dragons, ogres and more come from. Most seek to destroy everything in their unreasoning madness, but none have succeeded so far, as brave young ponies went forth to teach them about love and friendship. Apparently, it takes very few lessons for the Exalted to succumb to a malady known as 'sweetness and light overdose', which makes them vanish in a puff of angst.

5-dot Oneiromancy
    Assumption of the Living Kingdom: the Rainbow covers a huge area - a kingdom, in fact.
    Manacles of Virtue: by learning lessons about friendship, or confiding in another, the ponies blessed by the Rainbow find their Compassion knows no bounds.
    Ordinary Object Conjuration: anypony who wants to give another food and says so out loud causes said food to appear. This, incidentally, counts as consent for ravishing.
    Bestial Transformation: those who remain in the area of the Rainbow's influence become ponies, of course. Some are granted Wings, others get Horns (and improved speed), many are mundane. All tend to pick up Derangements or Delusions encouraging them to forget or reinterpret their prior existences. Thanks to the effects of Bestial Transformation, a pony with hands will appear to be using hooves when opening doors, cooking pancakes, or juggling.
    Mad God Mien: the naughty Exalted have tried to break the Rainbow's influence repeatedly, but failed every time.

If you want to have special effects that will produce goblins, dragons, and princesses, you'll need a few minor artifacts (1 or 2 dots are plenty) as well.

Happy?

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Banned

....Just make the whole thing, you know, cuter.
    It needs to be about 20% cuter.

It's awesome, but what about cutie marks?

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by RPGuru1331 View Post
    Of note are the facts that Abyssals and Infernals have the junk cleaned out of the Solar Shard, and can still be converted back (IIRC killing the Infernal or straight up purifying the Abyssal), returning us a pre-Curse Solar Shard. That kind of evidence of problems can lead to Solars actually *fixing* the Great Curse, especially if a few Twilight Shards get completely fixed.
    I could be mistaken about this, as I find I frequently am, but I thought only Abyssals got the Great Curse removed, as the Neverborn are the ones that inflicted it in the first place?

Infernal shards still have the Curse lodged in there somewhere, don't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter, character in game I'm GMing
    I was fine in Kingsfort until I met you guys. This looking for immortality thing is gonna get me killed!

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Troll in the Playground

eek Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSinged View Post
    I could be mistaken about this, as I find I frequently am, but I thought only Abyssals got the Great Curse removed, as the Neverborn are the ones that inflicted it in the first place?

They do, but like everything else, it is warped by the power of a bound primordial.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1194

The Sparkling Brands

In the land across the Rainbow, all ponies are special, but some are more special than others. When they have shown great talent in a specific skill, and proven themselves true and good friends, they are awarded a Brand. Since ponies don't wear clothing, it is always easy to tell who is happy, joyful, and lucky, and who is really happy, joyful, and lucky.

Every month, a pony in the Kingdom comes of age, and the wise human Princess or her invisible agents (known as 'viewers', for some reason) determines what their greatest skill is, often via a learning experience - perhaps even facing one of the twisted Outsiders. Once everything ends in cake and snuggles, or even before, a Sparkling Brand appears and bonds to the pony, becoming a part of them for the rest of their life.

Ponies with Brands are even more driven to excel in friendship and happiness, and show remarkable talents in doing so. One might be able to run faster than the wind, another may bake the most perfect carrot and apple pie, a third send forth blasts of shiny fame from her horn. The skills of those who bear Brands are truly unlimited, though each has a single specialty - and together, they can overcome any obstacle!

Heroic Commoner Fair Folk Entertainer, created with Ecstatic Reproduction Style, and granted an extra dot of Sword.
    Permanent Assumption of the Person's Heart - it takes the form of a cutie mark on the pony, hence the name.
    Assumption of Dreams and Passion - the Brand is simply adorable and shiny, and grants +1 automatic success to all actions relating to this aspect of itself.
    Banquet of Crumbs - so long as the bearer of the Brand makes great displays of Compassion, the Brand will leave their soul uneaten.
    Glorious Hero Form - the Brand in incredibly pretty, dare we say cute, and shares this aspect with its pony as long as t is proudly displayed. This gives +1 Appearance and Charisma.
    Imposition of Law - the Brand cannot fail at a specific specialty, and can share this knack with the pony it belongs to.
    Surpassing Excellence - if something would make the pony fail, it's still very good at whatever it is that it does.
    Fantastic Grotesquerie Shell - some Brands have this instead of Imposition of Law, granting them (and their pony) useful mutations. things like Dragon's Breath, Awakened Essence, or whatever.
    Gossamer Wing Flight - for the ponies who really want to go fast, sharing this charm with the Brand doubles their flight speed.
    Hiding the Wyld's Touch - the rand, and its bearer, are incredibly charming and delightful, and get two automatic successes at all social rolls in which the Brand is wiggled about.

Better?

If you skip Glorious Hero Form and Hiding the Wyld's Touch, you can create one [i]Brand[i] a week instead - assuming a single Raksha is working on them. Otherwise, exponential growth is your friend.

25. - Top - End - #1195

Sparkling Brands. That's pretty cute!
    Remember: A Moderator has read your post.
    Probably.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time
    It's not about your avatar. It's never about an avatar.
    It's about a person...and the choice made by that person.

26. - Top - End - #1196

GnomePirate

Chmm ... is there a way to make it big enough to make whole Creation friendly ?
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Banned

Well, that definitely fits the cute requirement, but it needs to be, y'know, cheesier.
    Like, it needs to be about 20% cheesier.

28. - Top - End - #1198

GnomePirate

Chmph ! Assumption of Earth Shape: You're made of Cheese.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

I have serious doubts that the Great Curse was the cause of much of the corruption and suffering of the First Age. It makes the Solars get a little bipolar every so often; so? The problem was that you take a bunch of humans and give them the power to wipe out nations with a flick of the wrist, convince anyone of anything, and do anything they please without question, make them immortal (they thought they were, anyway) and nigh invincible, and there will always be problems. Give 300 modern real-life people that kind of power, and you'll see worse, only because it would've been uncouth of White Wolf to write down in detail the kind of heinous things real humans would do with it.
    This is like doubting that the Great Curse isn't responsible for Sidereal idiocy in groups. No, dude, it really is. Read CoCD: The Underworld for a reminder. On the Eve after the Usurpation, the Solars reminded everyone why they liked them by doing something actually heroic; free of the Great Curse, 287 Solars either floated to Lethe in utter shame at their actions in life, or risked their souls again as lesser beings to save Creation from a massive invasion by the forces of the Neverborn. Again. For no gain to themselves. It made a *lot* of siddies and Dragonbloodeds think "Oh hell, were we wrong" for a reason, and that reason was seeing the Solars without the Great Curse. And many of those Solars were free enough of the Great Curse to understand and consider the Usurpation a good option in the face of their growing madness.

The other 13 Solar Ghosts were the ones who became Deathlords. Those guys? Yeah, monsters. But 13 people does not a horrifically corrupt system and existence make. I doubt Creation would be perfect with fixed Solar (And Lunar, and Sidereal) Shards, but the canon clearly states where the problems originate.

I thought that was part of the deal for demonstrating the process of abyssalization, but I've been wrong before.
    Last edited by RPGuru1331; 2011-07-07 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Lethe, not Oblivion
    Asok: Shouldn't we actually be working?
    And then Asok was thrown out of the car.

30. - Top - End - #1200

Ah, RPGuru reminds me of why Autochthon is so important to the setting. Want a way to remove an Exalt's shard? Autochthon has a tool for it. Want to clean a shard from the Great Curse? Autochthon has a tool for it.

I mean seriously, what is Limit and Limit Break for?! Counting Ink Monkeys? It's the Great Curse.

EDIT:
    Sorry, Tavar. That wasn't exactly what I was going for, but yeah.
    Last edited by Story Time; 2011-07-07 at 01:15 PM.