New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Eyebiter Interactions

Surfing the web, i've noticed limited discussion of the eyebiter archetype. So, I felt it was worth discussing. Whats your take on the archetype? What do you think interacts well with the archetype (familiar archetypes, vmc, feats, ect.)?

Link to the archetype.

Spoiler: Familiar archetypes (My take)
    Show

Decoy: What is your eye's Charisma? Additionally, it cannot speak. Turning your eye into a likeness of yourself later on though could prove useful.
    Emissary: What is your eye's Wisdom? As far as domain choice, that is a more complicated matter.
    Figment: Fitting for any creature that lost an eye, your eye familiar is born from a figment of your imagination. You have issues if your dreams are filled with eyes, but thats why you are here. Benefits? If you lose that eye it will be back tomorrow, and you can alter it by giving it evolutions. Stack with evolved familiar for even more points to allocate.
    Infiltrator: What is your eye's Charisma or Wisdom? In terms of theme the archetype works, but from what I can tell you don't gain much from it.
    Mascot: Other than for the novelty of having your eyeball serve as the team mascot, I fail to see much use in this one. There is some, given lucky mascot, but the rest holds little for it. If you are in a party though with a higher level character, Heart of the Team might be helpful.
    Mauler: Well, you weren't going to have a very talkative eye anyways. You lose little, and you can throw a dwarf or human sized eyeball at your enemies. What do you have to lose? The ability to attack with it at all other than via Ocular Occlusion. That being said, you'll need to invest in evolved familiar so it can have a a melee attack so that new strength score doesn't go to waste.
    Pilferer: This one in theory would be really solid if not for one detail; what will you be stealing with your eyeball? Even without limbs, which can be obtained via evolved familiar, the bonus to stealth helps make your eye an even better scout. After all, you don't want your eye to be spotted.
    Protector: So you want your eye to protect you? Nothing wrong with that. You might lose your eye, but given it is going to have the same health regardless of whether its an eyeball or something else, what have you to lose?
    Sage: Consult your eye on matters. Why not? This archetype works fairly nicely, if strangely (how will you find out what the knowledge check revealed?). If you are willing to risk Odin's price, then have fun talking to your eyeball.
    School Familiar: Are you a wizard? Put your eye back.
    Valet: Your eye is helpful. I... don't have much more to say.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Eyebiter Interactions

Very risky with limited gain.