New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony VIII: Friendship is Music

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    This time showing there is no BraeDash, specially for Phoe for her gallant behaviour :P
    Silly Irbis, there is always BraeDash. Besides, that's clearly MacDash.

What? You were all thinking it!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    2) That... filly. Why is she red? Wouldn't that mean... no brain! Disengage! Abort line of thought, abort!
    3) This is a reward for my gallant behavior? I was behaving gallantly?
    See? You were thinking it!

And I'm not sure if I'd call your acceptance of our new meme gallant, but I'm not sure you can protest the moniker.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-05-22 at 07:20 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Silly Irbis, there is always BraeDash. Besides, that's clearly MacDash.

What? You were all thinking it!
    Mac and Applejack are siblings; they share enough genetics to make the possibility of a red foal possible. That's more likely than the possibility that Rainbow Dash is surprised by the existence of the child she gave birth to. Also, far more likely than Rainbow Dash dating a guy.

There's an enormous hole in this post's logic somewhere.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-05-22 at 07:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Mac and Applejack are siblings; they share enough genetics to make the possibility of a red foal possible. That's more likely than the possibility that Rainbow Dash is surprised by the existence of the child she gave birth to. Also, far more likely than Rainbow Dash dating a guy.

There's an enormous hole in this post's logic somewhere.
    I think at the last panel it said she was the "father".
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Mac and Applejack are siblings; they share enough genetics to make the possibility of a red foal possible. That's more likely than the possibility that Rainbow Dash is surprised by the existence of the child she gave birth to.
    Big Mac was the mother. And it's all Twilight's fault.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

@above three posts:

See? Whipping solves every issue. It's the new Black!

What? I have four minions behind my back hungry enough that even two kittehs can't defend against them all without a little *discipline* if you know what I mean
    Above Us Only Sky

6. - Top - End - #396
    Barbarian in the Playground

You all know you have wanted this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lovecraft and Ponies in perfect harmony
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

And I'm not sure if I'd call your acceptance of our new meme gallant, but I'm not sure you can protest the moniker.
    I wasn't calling it gallant! I was calling my gallantry into question! I don't know how to protest any of this or else --

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    *whips Phoe to hopefully pull it back on track* Innocent whistle
    Eek! This is not what we discussed!
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-05-22 at 07:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Banned

Hey guys, remember that pony naming thing we were doing? Yeah, I've been mulling it over.

Solace Stone (of the Blarneigh Stones)
    Spoiler
    Show

-
    A Pegasus pony who mans (ha!) a supply shop halfway between the Everfree forest and Ponyville. This spirits are high and his mood chipper, despite an almost utter lack of business, since all he really does is stare at the horizon and daydream.*

Solace is ridiculously fond of his sliver of hiberno-scandineighvian descent, since his tangled mane and tail and slender face are constant reminders. Unlike most lavash, Sol has a staggering fear of heights, which lead him to control issues- the sky is all fine and dandy, so long as he has the wings and skill to tell gravity to trot off.

Went with Solace because of my name meaning "Like unto God" and Sol being the sun. I'd prefer a moon root word but it didn't scan well. The ace is in there because I'm awesome.

Stone is rather bland but a good surname, and fits with my joke about the blarney stone. I am intrigued by exactly how much Irish 'mythology' is a bunch of crock conceived by us American folk Anyway, it also speaks somewhat of resolution, sturdiness. It fits my protective theme.

Pegasus for many reasons. For one, I've dreamt of flying since I was four. It is, quite honestly, one of the few things I'd sell my soul for, if I didn't think that, as fey I didn't have a soul proper for bargaining with. It also counters the 'stone' aspect, since I feel rather fragile in the bones most of the time. Finally, there is the sheltering wings connotation, that goes well with Solace to present a less antagonistic form of protection. I solely intend to thwart such positive connotations with attitude and body language; I'm not an easy bloke to get along with.

The cutie mark is a crenelated wall with a clover in front of it. Fetlocks unshorn because that would be the pony version of scruffyness. No matter how immaculate i try to be, I always appear scruffy. It is a frustrating, if defining, characteristic.

And on the subject of names;
    Spoiler
    Show
    I need one for my current avatar. The character he is based off of tends to go by The Wizard, since someone forgetting my name is a bargaining chip.

But that's not how you deal with problems as a pony.

So, I've got a list of keywords that sort of get where I want to go, but no connections yet.

KEYWORDS
    adventuring, roving, rambling, mysticism, wizardry, liminal states (shamanic leanings), astrology, mystery, heavenly spheres

NOTES
    Thanqol hit on "Chasing X" but we were unable to decide on what X should be. It resonates well though, like the beginning of a song on the tongue.

I like StoryMaker (which Thanqol led me to while pondering a book-and-sword cutie mark) but he says it doesn't scan well as a name (difficult to shout; I disagree seeing as maker has a hard consonant sliding into an R sound like everyone's favorite Swear, and story has enough hissing sibilants to slide well in a scream), and that it doesn't had a valid nickname; it's a title, not a name. it fits finely the Gandalfian 'I am a puppet master/plot device' feel I've gone for these past 18 years or so.

I tried talking to other folk about it, but between my time crunch and my MSN client deciding that log-in is an eternal process (journey, not destination, man!) I haven't had much luck. Hay, I've been typing this up for two days!

Anyway, it looks like I'll have more free time for Internet in the next 2 hours, and time for drawing once I'm off work. So I'll catch up with the actual thread then, minus these two comments.

Alterform, that is bangin'! the tail and other details really pull it together.

Welf, were I to contemplate you, you would terrify me.
    Also, I was expecting a mafia-style severed horse head with a moustache. I don't know if I'm disappointed or not.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mac and Applejack are siblings; they share enough genetics to make the possibility of a red foal possible. That's more likely than the possibility that Rainbow Dash is surprised by the existence of the child she gave birth to.
    I'm wondering how the foal managed to grow up to Appleboom-sized without Dash noticing. I can only assume a Sonic Rainboom was involved in the conception somehow, since we all know that the Sonic Rainboom can do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    About time! I checked my Hub, for every MLP:FIM episode they air in a week, they air like 20 "Happy Days" reruns.
    They're trying to corner the "Weird Al" demographic.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2011-05-22 at 08:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    I'm wondering how the foal managed to grow up to Appleboom-sized without Dash noticing. I can only assume a Sonic Rainboom was involved in the conception somehow, since we all know that the Sonic Rainboom can do anything.
    Henry Kissinger's Head: This is not a productive area of discussion.

Besides, we all know that if Rainbow Dash was going to fall for anypony, it'd be a pony with grace, and poise, and sensitivity. Somepony with an eye for the beauty in life, yet able to appreciate the simple things. Somepony who, while occasionally too harsh a critic, is also loyal to a fault. In fact, it's somepony she already knows and is one of her favorite ponies.

Spoiler
    Show
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Henry Kissinger's Head: This is not a productive area of discussion.

Besides, we all know that if Rainbow Dash was going to fall for anypony, it'd be a pony with grace, and poise, and sensitivity. Somepony with an eye for the beauty in life, yet able to appreciate the simple things. Somepony who, while occasionally too harsh a critic, is also loyal to a fault. In fact, it's somepony she already knows and is one of her favorite ponies.

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought that was Trixie's schtick. Or does nopony else ship Trixplicate?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

I wasn't calling it gallant! I was calling my gallantry into question! I don't know how to protest any of this or else --
    Well, so was I. So we're in agreement there. But wait, that sounds like an insult. Hang on. Ummmm... I value your opinion?

Eek! This is not what we discussed!
    Hang on... you... and Irbis?

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, PHOEKUN
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-05-22 at 08:48 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I thought that was Trixie's schtick. Or does nopony else ship Trixplicate?
    Dash: Hah! Anything she can do, I can do 20% better!

But yeah, I admit, I was basing it off of the tendency for people to ship Trixie with herself.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

But yeah, I admit, I was basing it off of the tendency for people to ship Trixie with herself.
    There's a fic in there about Trixie trying to multiply her magic to get back at Twilight only to end up with multiple Trixies.

Since there's never any new ideas on the internet, I suppose somepony's already written it...
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    There's a fic in there about Trixie trying to multiply her magic to get back at Twilight only to end up with multiple Trixies.

Since there's never any new ideas on the internet, I suppose somepony's already written it...
    There was one where Trixie made out with Trixie. Then Trixie showed up, followed by Male Trixie and Trixie Cyborg From the Future, who came back to stop this clone makeout orgy. And then joined in.

I don't know where it is. However, instead accept this.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    The Book did it, someone must have stolen it from EsperDerek again.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    The Book did it, someone must have stolen it from EsperDerek again.
    Now wait a second, guys. I just figured it out.

Applejack was helping Pinkie with the greatest prank ever.

They got one of Applejack's little cousins, dyed her hair rainbow and glued on some wings.

Best
    Prank
    EVER.

19. - Top - End - #409

Now wait a second, guys. I just figured it out.

Applejack was helping Pinkie with the greatest prank ever.

They got one of Applejack's little cousins, dyed her hair rainbow and glued on some wings.

Best
    Prank
    EVER.
    That still doesn't explain why the first thing Rainbow Dash thinks of when she sees her is "Oh Celestia, that's mine".

On a related note, I actually really like the muted colour scheme on scaredDash.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

That still doesn't explain why the first thing Rainbow Dash thinks of when she sees her is "Oh Celestia, that's mine".

On a related note, I actually really like the muted colour scheme on scaredDash.
    Two explanations, which aren't mutually exclusive.
    1) Appledash shenanigans.
    2) Nopony explained the facts of life to her.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Hang on... you... and Irbis?
    Just according to Keikaku*

Spoiler
    Show
    *It means: Plan

Cute!Kitteh grabs Phoe and runs away while Angry!Kitteh distracts both Raz and the rest of the HappyShip Star crew :P
    Above Us Only Sky

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

So after an annoying power outage that lasted all day I now have a question. I'm in the process of ponifying Creed, but I have no idea what his cutie mark would be. Suggestions?

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, there was that one night that Dash and Appletini got together for drinks. The night went hazy after that...

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    So after an annoying power outage that lasted all day I now have a question. I'm in the process of ponifying Creed, but I have no idea what his cutie mark would be. Suggestions?
    Creed the band? Which Creed?

25. - Top - End - #415

Two explanations, which aren't mutually exclusive.
    1) Appledash shenanigans.
    2) Nopony explained the facts of life to her.
    Scootaloo: Rainbow Dash, where do little ponies come from?
    Rainbow Dash: um. Well! You see, uh - when two ponies get in a competition of any kind, eventually they start, uh, finding different things to compete with!
    Scootaloo: *Takes notes*
    Rainbow Dash: In this situation it's TOTALLY NORMAL to try all kinds of things to figure out who's the best. And sometimes, er, the competition needs a judge? So then one of the ponies has a foal so they can settle once and for all who is the better athlete. The end.
    Scootaloo: Wow!

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Scootaloo: Rainbow Dash, where do little ponies come from?
    Rainbow Dash: um. Well! You see, uh - when two ponies get in a competition of any kind, eventually they start, uh, finding different things to compete with!
    Scootaloo: *Takes notes*
    Rainbow Dash: In this situation it's TOTALLY NORMAL to try all kinds of things to figure out who's the best. And sometimes, er, the competition needs a judge? So then one of the ponies has a foal so they can settle once and for all who is the better athlete. The end.
    Scootaloo: Wow!
    Scootaloo: But wait... that doesn't explain where the little pony came from, just why. Those are entirely different questions, philosophically!
    Rainbow Dash: ... Scoots, I'm a flying school dropout. There's lots of things I don't know.

Sho be doop.

Flying School Dropout!

Your story sad to tell,
    A teenage ne'er do well,
    Most mixed up non-delinquent on the block!
    Your future's so unclear now,
    What's left of your career now?
    Can't even get a trade in on your smile!

Angels: (La lalala lalala lalala...)

Flying school dropout,
    No graduation day for you.
    Flying school dropout.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Creed the band? Which Creed?
    Spoiler
    Show

That Creed.

I won't have this thing done until tomorrow, but it's going to be great if I can pull it off.
    Last edited by Kyouhen; 2011-05-22 at 09:32 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

That Creed.

I won't have this thing done until tomorrow, but it's going to be great if I can pull it off.
    The image is broken, but I found it by quoting. A cigar? I'm not even sure what story that's from.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

The image is broken, but I found it by quoting. A cigar? I'm not even sure what story that's from.
    Huh, it IS broken... FIXING!

Anyway, Creed's a character from Warhammer 40k. He's so stupidly good at sneaking troops where he wants them that he could slip a tank onto the bridge of an enemy starship and have it sit there for a few hours with nobody realizing that it's there.

30. - Top - End - #420

Scootaloo: But wait... that doesn't explain where the little pony came from, just why. Those are entirely different questions, philosophically!
    Rainbow Dash: ... Scoots, I'm a flying school dropout. There's lots of things I don't know.
    Rainbow Dash not understanding biology is now fanon