New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony VIII: Friendship is Music

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Friend: So there's no strip clubs in Canterlot
    Me: Nah, bro. They's naked 90% of the time. They probably have "unstrip" clubs. The reverse.
    Friend: Wooo! Put that saddle on!
    Me: O_O
    ...To be perfectly honest, I am 100% convinced that this is the case. It's a pretty oft-repeated comment that as soon as you start putting clothing on a pony, the parts of them that are left uncovered instantly seem sexier/more taboo. Shows and clubs where ponies parade in costumes to seem more alluring is now part of my personal canon.

In related news, SiuiS? You have plenty of company in the "dark side" as you called it. <.<

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    In related news, SiuiS? You have plenty of company in the "dark side" as you called it. <.<
    *Takes a shot of salt and nods darkly*

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

...To be perfectly honest, I am 100% convinced that this is the case. It's a pretty oft-repeated comment that as soon as you start putting clothing on a pony, the parts of them that are left uncovered instantly seem sexier/more taboo. Shows and clubs where ponies parade in costumes to seem more alluring is now part of my personal canon.
    I'm pretty sure that is the case too... 'tis why why I said it.

Kinda makes sense why a large percent of pony fanart included dress and why few of those have the ponies facing the foreground. <_<
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Some sort of strange mutation of the Theiss Titillation Theory?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm pretty sure that is the case too... 'tis why why I said it.

Kinda makes sense why a large percent of pony fanart included dress and why few of those have the ponies facing the foreground. <_<
    *reads this whole posts exchange as he draws Rarity in clothing facing foreground for Thanqol's Showdown at Richenbach Falls picture...

*scrubs brain and changes the entire perspective angle of the drawing.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    *reads this whole posts exchange as he draws Rarity in clothing facing foreground for Thanqol's Showdown at Richenbach Falls picture...

*scrubs brain and changes the entire perspective angle of the drawing.
    noooooo my unintentional pony pr0n noooooo

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Sigh, so no reaction to my attempt to give Beauty Brass some attention and a backstory? I was kinda proud of it, given that I banged it out in about 2 minutes.

Ah well.

As far as the reverse strip clubs, it does make some sense. It's sexier to leave things to the imagination. Though, in a world where the opposite sex was constantly naked around you (or the same sex, if that's your preference), it does seem to me that there wouldn't be the same degree of... prurience? That's the best word I can think of for it.

Not that a reverse strip club is a bad idea. Just probably not as common as strip clubs in our world.

Edit:
    Also, as someone pointed out, MANY CLOTHES COVER ONE'S CUTEY MARK. This means that suddenly, you aren't advertising that you're good at making peppermint sticks or finding diamonds, and thus the other person will find you more mysterious and interesting.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-05-20 at 07:16 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2011-05-20 at 07:16 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

9. - Top - End - #39

also want to note that this whole thing changes everything I view about pony fashion shows....
    "Green isn't your color" and "art of the dress" episodes forever changed....
    Nooo FLUTTERSHY!!! that profession is for desperate law school fillies!!!!
    -Mako Mankanshoku

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

They could use a better name than unstrip clubs, though. Clad clubs, maybe?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

also want to note that this whole thing changes everything I view about pony fashion shows....
    "Green isn't your color" and "art of the dress" episodes forever changed....
    Nooo FLUTTERSHY!!! that profession is for desperate law school fillies!!!!
    So, what, Pinkie's sister Photo Finish kidnapped Fluttershy to put her in what amount to burlesque shows? That really DOES change Green Isn't Your Color.

Honestly, given the G rated nature of the universe they live in, I won't go so far as to say "clothes = human stripping," but I will say that they make one more attractive and interesting. If only because that says TERRIBLE things about the occasions we've seen little fillies running around in clothes.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    As far as the reverse strip clubs, it does make some sense. It's sexier to leave things to the imagination. Though, in a world where the opposite sex was constantly naked around you (or the same sex, if that's your preference), it does seem to me that there wouldn't be the same degree of... prurience? That's the best word I can think of for it.

Not that a reverse strip club is a bad idea. Just probably not as common as strip clubs in our world.

Edit:
    Also, as someone pointed out, MANY CLOTHES COVER ONE'S CUTEY MARK. This means that suddenly, you aren't advertising that you're good at making peppermint sticks or finding diamonds, and thus the other person will find you more mysterious and interesting.
    "Ah, Consul, good to see you again."
    "You as well, Telescope. Goodness, you look a bit flushed."
    "Oh yes. On my way over here I saw a filly wearing SOCKS."
    *Monacl'd* "SOCKS! How scandalous!"
    "I know! I, of course, confronted her about it and called her a hussy and filly of sin."
    "Naturally. Do your bit for society and all that."
    "But then her boyfriend came up, and you shall never believe this Consul my friend..."
    "No, do tell me!"
    "He was wearing a tie!"
    "Gasp!"
    "I don't know what the world is coming to, my friend."
    "Young people these days. Gadding about with their unshorn fetlocks and their provocative clothing. In my day, we'd walk naked up and down the Canterlot mountain both ways, and we LIKED it!"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I had a whole conversation with said friend about how pony clothing would affect relationships. As most ponies are simple color swaps with different hair, the attractive bits of a pony would be:

1) the details no one ever draws (...) or can't draw (scent)
    2) personal color preferences (aka I dig purple ponies)
    3) personality, like and other mental hay.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    "Ah, Consul, good to see you again."
    "You as well, Telescope. Goodness, you look a bit flushed."
    "Oh yes. On my way over here I saw a filly wearing SOCKS."
    *Monacl'd* "SOCKS! How scandalous!"
    "I know! I, of course, confronted her about it and called her a hussy and filly of sin."
    "Naturally. Do your bit for society and all that."
    "But then her boyfriend came up, and you shall never believe this Consul my friend..."
    "No, do tell me!"
    "He was wearing a tie!"
    "Gasp!"
    "I don't know what the world is coming to, my friend."
    "Young people these days. Gadding about with their unshorn fetlocks and their provocative clothing. In my day, we'd walk naked up and down the Canterlot mountain both ways, and we LIKED it!"
    Harumph. Yes. Quite. Poppycock, balderdash, '23 skidoo, keep on truckin' and all that.

Though seriously, this is starting to go a little too far. I could see, for instance, outfits like Pinkie's in the Cowboy episode being suitable for a Clad Club. But I don't think for an instant that the Grand Galloping Gala falls under the same general heading. It could be much like the difference between wearing a tank top and a bustier, even if the general amount of skin shown is the same. You might, on a hot day, wear a tank top in public to stay cool, and most people won't think less of you for it. On the other hand, if you wear a bustier in public, that's seen as strange, bringing something that's meant to be private out into public.

I'm not saying that there is a logical rule that society uses. Just that a group of people make a subconscious and often unspoken agreement about what you wear where. So I don't think that Photo Finish's dresses and shows were the equivalent of Fluttershy doing a strip tease. Pinkie Pie, on the other hand, may have done so (perhaps unintentionally).
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-05-20 at 07:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Harumph. Yes. Quite. Poppycock, balderdash, '23 skidoo, keep on truckin' and all that.

Though seriously, this is starting to go a little too far. I could see, for instance, outfits like Pinkie's in the Cowboy episode being suitable for a Clad Club. But I don't think for an instance that the Grand Galloping Gala falls under the same general heading. It could be much like the difference between wearing a tank top and a bustier, even if the general amount of skin shown is the same.
    yes yes dear bobcat, of course it's all just mock outrage, we all know that pony seduction is based on good manners and good grooming, not clothing.
    -Mako Mankanshoku

16. - Top - End - #46

yes yes dear bobcat, of course it's all just mock outrage, we all know that pony seduction is based on good manners and good grooming, not clothing.
    *Tries not to choke to death on laughter*

Hey Phoe, your wing grooming scene just got an extra erotic layer

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry, between waking up to find 3 pages of shipping between forumites and a discussion of reverse strip clubs, it's hard to tell how seriously people were taking things. I just wanted to be explicit.

... a different sort of explicit.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Though seriously, this is starting to go a little too far. I could see, for instance, outfits like Pinkie's in the Cowboy episode being suitable for a Clad Club. But I don't think for an instance that the Grand Galloping Gala falls under the same general heading. It could be much like the difference between wearing a tank top and a bustier, even if the general amount of skin shown is the same.
    That sounds pretty much on the money to me. It's not necessarily just wearing clothes that does it, but particular styles and particular levels of coverage that make the difference between an outfit you'd see in one of... Those Places and something like the Gala. Or a school play.

Depending of course on individual pony kinks. I'm sure Rainbow Dash would go wild over seeing her sweetie in a Wonderbolts jumpsuit. It's all dependent on the context in which it is worn.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

That sounds pretty much on the money to me. It's not necessarily just wearing clothes that does it, but particular styles and particular levels of coverage that make the difference between an outfit you'd see in one of... Those Places and something like the Gala. Or a school play.

Depending of course on individual pony kinks. I'm sure Rainbow Dash would go wild over seeing her sweetie in a Wonderbolts jumpsuit. It's all dependent on the context in which it is worn.
    Rainbow Dash (on the phone): So Soarin, what are you wearing?
    Soarin: Um, nothing, actually. I'm off duty.
    Rainbow Dash: Lame. (hangs up).

20. - Top - End - #50

*Completely loses it in laughter*

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Without pony episodes, our discussion stray into some very unusual topics.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-05-20 at 07:42 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Silly darthbobcat, S-O-A-R-I-N isn't how you spell Spitfire!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Banned

New pony thread. yay.

Friend: So there's no strip clubs in Canterlot
    Me: Nah, bro. They's naked 90% of the time. They probably have "unstrip" clubs. The reverse.
    Friend: Wooo! Put that saddle on!
    Me: O_O
    Spoiler
    Show
    DARKSIDE ALERT : PROCEED AT RISK
    -
    Spoiler
    Show

The soft onomatopoeia of leather striking hoof. It was indescribable.

"Put the saddle on." The voice was low, throaty. "Or you get the crop."

Fluttershy eyed the saddle through basement's gloom; thickened leather, chains and straps.

"but... It's so uncomfortable..." she muttered.

Again, the slick slap of leather. Rainbow Dash's face was made of stone as she brought the riding crop down onto her hoof. "Put the saddle on." the monotone was tinged with the barest hints of violence. "Or you get the crop."

Fluttershy quailed under that gaze, stared at the burdensome saddle. Rainbow Dash's voice cut her reverie, shocked her back to reality. "Do you Want the crop? Put it on."

"yes." she squeaked, barely audible. The rustle of feathers in the near-dark were Fluttershy's only warning before hot breath and hard words streamed into her ear, through her fur. Fluttershy was torn between leaning into the hot breath and the mouth she saw even know in her mind, dropping words like hot coals, and shrinking to the floor in a knot of feathers and lace. Torn both ways, she sat motionless.

"What. Was. That?!"

"N-no. No mistress. I'll put the saddle on and I'm so sorry I'll put it on"

you were warned!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME PONY THREAD PLAYGROUNDERS?! I USED TO BE ... actually no, I've got nothing. I've probably always been like this, and just universally bored and suppressed. *sigh*

Hullabaloo.
    Dagnabbit, Kyuubi~ that is a fun word. Why did you point that out? Now I can't stop.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Of course simple clothing wouldn't turn a stallion's head as the mare passes. But there wouldn't be many aspects of a pony to notice from afar other thand coat color and sheen the way they are draw in canon.

"Check out that filly's sheen."
    "Dang her coat is shiny."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Hullabaloo.
    Dagnabbit, Kyuubi~ that is a fun word. Why did you point that out? Now I can't stop.
    Yes, yes, fall to the power of the word Hullabaloo! Mwahahaha!

Wait what? Hullabaloo isn't a supervillain? It's just fun? Darn.

Oh well. Hullabaloo.

Oooh. That's going to be the name of one of my ponies in the RP. Hullabaloo.

Hullabaloo! Okay, I'll stop now.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

...Give me a second, I need to stop laughing immaturely.

Ok.

Actually, to take your comment overly seriously, I think the effect would be lost on an actual Wonderbolt. They're meant to wear the uniform, and Dash has spent too much time thinking about them as heroes to be interested in them in that way. I just can't believe she would be interested in a relationship with somepony she doesn't feel equal to.

edit: I'll stop now. I'm getting the sense not everypony is having fun with this.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-05-20 at 08:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

The g3 Minty tended to wear socks.

And is Prince BlueBlood the correct spelling?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    And is Prince BlueBlood the correct spelling?
    Seeing Lauren's tendency to use whacked name spellings, it might well be Prinz Bloo'aeBludd
    Above Us Only Sky

29. - Top - End - #59
    Banned

Though seriously, this is starting to go a little too far. I could see, for instance, outfits like Pinkie's in the Cowboy episode being suitable for a Clad Club. But I don't think for an instant that the Grand Galloping Gala falls under the same general heading. It could be much like the difference between wearing a tank top and a bustier, even if the general amount of skin shown is the same. You might, on a hot day, wear a tank top in public to stay cool, and most people won't think less of you for it. On the other hand, if you wear a bustier in public, that's seen as strange, bringing something that's meant to be private out into public.

I'm not saying that there is a logical rule that society uses. Just that a group of people make a subconscious and often unspoken agreement about what you wear where. So I don't think that Photo Finish's dresses and shows were the equivalent of Fluttershy doing a strip tease. Pinkie Pie, on the other hand, may have done so (perhaps unintentionally).
    You're viewing it off-kilter. It's not the naked that matters to most humans, it's the removal in front of them.

Conversely, it's not the clothes that get the pone, it's the addit layers in front of their target audience. Remember, Rarity didn't say "don't look at us clothed" she said "don't watch us get dressed". And Fluttershy, who is ALWAYS nekkid, used a screen to dress behind.

It turns adding a flower to your ladylove's hair from a romantic gesture to a sensual one though. Poor, poor Rarity.

EDIT: it seems tangential discussions and in-forum RP are our new Friday activity. I nominate DBC to be the next Pony Roman Emperor and conquer the thread next Friday. It falls to someone else to stage a coup.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-05-20 at 08:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Without pony episodes, our discussion stray into some very unusual topics.
    I dread to think of where we're going to descend into by the time the new episodes come around.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-05-20 at 08:21 PM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods