New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony VIII: Friendship is Music

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Doesn't that violate the "all stores sell exactly two, completely unrelated, things" rule? She'd have to team up with another pony whose special talent is... I dunno, constructive criticism.

edit: in regards to those humanized pony sketches:

- Braeburn is infinitely more attractive than he has any right to be. Suddenly I support BraeDash.
    - There is officially no way to depict Hoity Toity that hasn't made me squeal with fangirlish glee. He's just the best.
    - Humanized Dr. Whooves? I... but... you... huh?
    Confound it, I wanted to post about the "two random items rule", but I think you beat me by a landslide time-wise. Sparse internet connection is the downside of being back home for vacation...guess I'll have to concede this one.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    The next day, Derpy brings in a half-eaten box of muffins and asks if they would fix her microwave.

EDIT: And after only one day, we're now at #2 on Know Your Meme. Now we only need about 1 million more until we're #1. At the current rate? Should take us about two weeks.

I pity whatever poor meme tries for #1 next.
    To infinity and beyond!

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

I'm having an attack. OF INSPIRATION. I figured out the plot to Beyond Forever, a sequel to my fic Forever. This is my first draft idea havery, so things might be rough still.

Spoiler
    Show

Photo Finish is at the Grand Galloping Gala, because of course anypony who is anypony is at the Gala. She's there with Hoity Toity naturally. They're at a table enjoying some nice upper class cuisine (though Photo admits to herself that she'd be happier with some of those Apple Fritters she saw for sale. They remind her of her mom's (insert name of similar German dessert here). They're amusing themselves critiquing the outfits everypony else is wearing.

And then Hoity notices some familiar designs worn by familiar ponies. Hoity praises the outfits designed by Rarity. After an awkward moment where Pinkie noticed her but mostly kept her cool, Photo decides to excuse herself.
    Hoity: Well, don't forget, you promised me the first dance of the night.
    "Ach, you is incorrigible."

She goes to listen to some music, trying to get as far from Pinkie as possible
    and then she goes in to listen to music, and who should be playing the double bass on stage but Octaviaaka Achromatic Pie.

Octavia locks eyes with her instantly. Photo decides to stick around because... well, she's already been spotted. Octavia gets a quick break (this is before Pinkie destroyed the nice calm music) and immediately goes over to talk to Photo
    Photo chats with her for a bit and sees pictures of her one year old nephew.
    Octavia doesn't seem to hold the 5 years of silence against her in the slightest. That's what makes Photo feel the worst. Octavia wrangles a promise to visit her and her husband, Hans, as soon as possible. Then she has to go back to work.

And Photo runs out just before Pinkie goes in. She's crying. She doesn't know how long she stays outside, near the entrance, before Hoity comes looking for her.
    Hoity: Is something wrong?
    Photo: Ze magic. Think of ze magic.
    Hoity: Hm? Whatever are you talking about?
    Photo: I was just reminded vat I have given up to be where I am today.
    Photo: It makes everything I have done seem so small und petty.
    Hoity: Do you want to tell me specifics?
    Photo: Oh ja, you'd LOVE zat. I know why you asked me here. Keep your friends close und your enemies closer, ja? You're loving zis, seeing ze ice queen of Canterlot break down!
    Hoity: ... my dear, I think you have misread me completely.

And Hoity proceeds to confess that he's admired her for years. Also he admits that he's known for years that her accent is fake ("Seriously, Photo, you sound like a villain from a radio serial. Are you French or Ponyconian? Pick one"). He says that he admires her work ethic and eye for detail, but even he thinks she's too much of a perfectionist (this would be established in the previous scene; while he liked most of the dresses, or something about most of the dresses, she picked every single one of them apart ruthlessly). "Making and remaking a dress or suit is hard enough for the designer, but I can't imagine what the suit feels like afterwards."

Cue light shipping scene with a kiss between the two spoiled as a certain group of six ponies in tattered dresses runs by like the hounds of hell are on their tails.

Photo sees Pinkie. She remembers how she made Pinkie cry. "Hoity, do you mind a little light excercize?"
    Cue the end of the episode, where the main cast and Celestia are enjoying hanging out at the doughnut shop. After a brief bit of dialogue, Celestia excuses herself. This is from Pinkie's POV.

As soon as she's gone, Photo and an out of breath Hoity Toity come in the door. Pinkie has a moment of excitement... but then she whispers something to herself "forever."
    And everypony is rather confused about what's going on (why are those two here). Pinkie naturally assumes that they're there for Rarity or Fluttershy (though why now?)

Photo Finish takes off her sunglasses and says, with no hint of accent
    "Well sis, aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?"
    scene break
    Everypony is chatting amiably. It ends with Photo thinking about the doughnuts.
    How they're made of inferior ingredients, and they were slightly overcooked, and how the sprinkles' pattern clashes with the frosting color.
    And then she sees Pinkie's smile.
    And she concludes they're the best donuts she's ever eaten.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-05-25 at 12:21 AM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I'm having an attack. OF INSPIRATION. I figured out the plot to Beyond Forever, a sequel to my fic Forever. This is my first draft idea havery, so things might be rough still.
    Speaking of which, do you know how great it feels to have Word open and be working on a fanfic instead of a paper? After these past couple of days it feels awesome.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Speaking of which, do you know how great it feels to have Word open and be working on a fanfic instead of a paper? After these past couple of days it feels awesome.
    And since school hasn't ended for me yet, the next couple weeks I'll have the reverse experience.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #756
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

Photo Finish is at the Grand Galloping Gala, because of course anypony who is anypony is at the Gala. She's there with Hoity Toity naturally. They're at a table enjoying some nice upper class cuisine (though Photo admits to herself that she'd be happier with some of those Apple Fritters she saw for sale. They remind her of her mom's (insert name of similar German dessert here). They're amusing themselves critiquing the outfits everypony else is wearing.

And then Hoity notices some familiar designs worn by familiar ponies. Hoity praises the outfits designed by Rarity. After an awkward moment where Pinkie noticed her but mostly kept her cool, Photo decides to excuse herself.

and then she goes in to listen to music, and who should be playing the double bass on stage but Octaviaaka Achromatic Pie.

Octavia locks eyes with her instantly. Photo decides to stick around because... well, she's already been spotted. Octavia gets a quick break (this is before Pinkie destroyed the nice calm music) and immediately goes over to talk to Photo
    Octavia doesn't seem to hold the 5 years of silence against her in the slightest. That's what makes Photo feel the worst. Octavia wrangles a promise to visit her and her husband, Hans, as soon as possible. Then she has to go back to work.

And Photo runs out just before Pinkie goes in. She's crying. She doesn't know how long she stays outside, near the entrance, before Hoity comes looking for her.
    Photo: Oh ja, you'd LOVE zat. I know why you asked me here. Keep your friends close und your enemies closer, ja? You're loving zis, seeing ze ice queen of Canterlot break down!

And Hoity proceeds to confess that he's admired her for years. Also he admits that he's known for years that her accent is fake ("Seriously, Photo, you sound like a villain from a radio serial. Are you French or Ponyconian? Pick one"). He says that he admires her work ethic and eye for detail, but even he thinks she's too much of a perfectionist (this would be established in the previous scene; while he liked most of the dresses, or something about most of the dresses, she picked every single one of them apart ruthlessly). "Making and remaking a dress or suit is hard enough for the designer, but I can't imagine what the suit feels like afterwards."

Cue light shipping scene with a kiss between the two spoiled as a certain group of six ponies in tattered dresses runs by like the hounds of hell are on their tails.

Photo sees Pinkie. She remembers how she made Pinkie cry. "Hoity, do you mind a little light excercize?"
    Cue the end of the episode, where the main cast and Celestia are enjoying hanging out at the doughnut shop. After a brief bit of dialogue, Celestia excuses herself. This is from Pinkie's POV.

As soon as she's gone, Photo and an out of breath Hoity Toity come in the door. Pinkie has a moment of excitement... but then she whispers something to herself "forever."
    And everypony is rather confused about what's going on (why are those two here). Pinkie naturally assumes that they're there for Rarity or Fluttershy (though why now?)

scene break
    How they're made of inferior ingredients, and they were slightly overcooked, and how the sprinkles' pattern clashes with the frosting color.
    I'm a bit bummed I spoiled that for myself, but the joy is generally in the execution. And you are good at execution, so I'll make it through.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone send in a banner for the contest that I should send my vote for? Otherwise I guess I'll give it to myself (#16, as soon as Cereal fixes the poll).

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

scene break
    Step on the gas pedal of the writemobile and don't let up for anything. You have discovered a map to an ancient treasure trove the likes of which pony eyes have not seen since... oh, how long? Make haste, make haste, make every sacrifice possible to make this happen.

You go.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-05-25 at 12:53 AM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I think I'm just going to stop posting for a while, and add a +1 to all the smart, eloquent ponies instead.
    I'm sorry sir, but as you ARE one of the aforementioned smart, eloquent ponies that the rest of us rely on to create commentary to agree with, we can't let you fade into the background that easily. Could one request that you at least train up a replacement before taking a break?

Quick! Seal the exits! Don't let him escape!

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Hey guys! Hey guys! Guys! Guys!

Know that thing I was working on?

Spoiler
    Show

-snip-
    It's done!
    Hurr hurr hurr Tactical Genius.
    Awesome!

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Out of idle curiosity, I decided to attempt a ponyfication of my name.

Breaking my screen-name in two yeilds a meaning of 'flexible eagle'... yeah, not really sure what to do with that.

Taking my real-life first and last names, I get 'leader of men' and 'servant'. A leader and a servant? Hrmmm... I guess that would make my ponytar some kind of high-ranking elected public official...

Sweet Celestia!
    I've just realised that my ponified name ponytar is Fetlock Equinari, Ponitrician of Flanhk-Marepork.

I'm more than okay with this.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

Step on the gas pedal of the writemobile and don't let up for anything. You have discovered a map to an ancient treasure trove the likes of which pony eyes have not seen since... oh, how long? Make haste, make haste, make every sacrifice possible to make this happen.

You go.
    ... curses. With a ringing endorsement like that, I'm pretty well forced to drop my Phineas and Ferb styled sidefic in favor of this project. I hope you're happy!

13. - Top - End - #763
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Out of idle curiosity, I decided to attempt a ponyfication of my name.

Breaking my screen-name in two yeilds a meaning of 'flexible eagle'... yeah, not really sure what to do with that.

Taking my real-life first and last names, I get 'leader of men' and 'servant'. A leader and a servant? Hrmmm... I guess that would make my ponytar some kind of high-ranking elected public official...

Sweet Celestia!
    I've just realised that my ponified name ponytar is Fetlock Equinari, Ponitrician of Flanhk-Marepork.

I'm more than okay with this.
    And on that note, I think it's time for my Wear the Lilac Day art dump.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm pretty sure this one was made by a playgrounder, but all I've got is the Ponibooru link.

It's also time for my, sadly rather small, Towel Day art dump.
    Spoiler
    Show

Originally Posted by Dexam

I had one that Crown of Thorns had made for the Towel day portion, but I'm afraid I've lost track of that one.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

So... OP updated. Though, at the rate it is being read, I doubt the extra challenge will be met by thread XXXI, much less XI :P

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Yes'm!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I mean, I'll draw stuff. >///>
    Hmm, I wonder if I should start collecting such quotes for sig

This thread is so full of them. Though, to be fair, I'd like promised shipfics even more :P
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

I am currently in a lull. My preparations for the upcoming UK Games Expo are complete, and my quest writing is well on track, and I even know where I'm going. With my holiday coming up next week, it leaves me something at a loose end, thinking wise, with no current project to ruminate on.

This is why this is a bad thing, as it means my mind, currently distracted by ponies to wander to some odd places...

It occured to me last night, as I started to meditate to regain my spells, parts of equine biology and behavior that haven't been raised, to my knowledge, which could cast an interesting light on Equestria. Food for thought, then:

Equines tend to form herds, which consist of a harem of (interestingly) a dominant mare, a stallion and several other mares. (So it would make sense for Equestria to be ruled by a female.) The ratio of males to females is quite low in non-domesicated equines...which is pretty consistent with what's reflected in the show, is it not? More by accident than design, I suspect, but there you go.

As a sidenote, I find it interesting to note that, given the popularity of shipping generally, and a comparative prevelance in fanfiction of other fandoms, and that it's literally natural behavior for equines, I don't recall seeing any harem-fics for MLP:FiM. (Though to be fair, I don't look for them, and ED's story summaries are not as readily visible as they are on FF.net, which is my preferred haunt for fanfiction.) I have no particular feelings either way, personally, it was just something that occurred to me when the zoologist in me is brought to the fore.

Granted, of course, that sapience and culture has a vast effect on natural behavoirs (after all, it's still very unclear what natural mating behavior humans had originally - though of course primates display a wider varity them equines to start with) it's probably the case that ponies now have a monogamous structure (which is implied with what we've seen, and I'm sure is the author intention!) But it's an interesting point to consider, as, if it existed, it would lead to some interesting social dynamics...

(I told you my free thinking leads to bad things...)

Also, of course, horses are highly-strung, being prey animals whose defense is flight, rather than omnivores like primates - and horses are also know for psychological problems (stable vices). This would seem to be reflected in the mane cast - plus Luna - being highly strung and prone to the occasional psychotic break. Another point (possibly unintentional) to the show.

Sleeping behavior raises some fascinating points. Horses apparently can not only sleep standing up (did Applejack do that? I forget.) They also need very little sleep. Interestingly, they don't sleep except in small snatches of a few minutes a day, and only need a couple of hours lying-down REM sleep every few days. But if they don't get that, they tend to fall asleep standing up and, suffer from something a bit like narcolepsy. So, not a million miles away from Applejack... One can reason that ponies need additional sleep over non-sapient equines because of their larger and more advanced brains.

And, as they are no longer prey, pony civilisation presumably means they switched to a diurnal, as opposed to cathemeral (i.e. day and night) cycle (makes sense, seeing as things like industry and farming pretty much require daylight). This would also throw a new cast on Luna's actions, wouldn't it? Imagine her frustration as time advances and the ponies slowly move further and further away from her, spending all their waking hours in the daylight, when previously they would have split it evenly. That would give her quite a bit more motivation to get jealous - or hurt from the apparent rejection.

Another thought that hasn't been considered, this time about Spike. When they first brought up his crush on Rarity, I thought about D&D dragons and snickered to myself "well, dragons can breed with anything..." I've seen a few fics where he actually gets with Rarity, but he has the age-old immortality problem, and he gets really big and old and such. And then, thought occured, who's to say Spike is the same species as the big dragon they saw in Dragonshy?

What if Spike's species is one more symbiotic to the ponies (as evidenced by the dragon hatching being a magical test), that has grown up in parallel with them. One that has been "selectively bred" (for want of a better phrase, but not necessarily a bad one, unless Ironhoof theory is involved, then's it's quite literal!) That could explain a reason why Spike's flame is basically a teleport spell, and the Dragonshy dragon's appeared to be a more traditional straightforward flame. One can imagine such a dragon species might be much smaller - maybe pony-sized - at full growth, to be better function in pony society. Their lifespan might also be logically a lot shorter (rather than psuedo-immortal), given smaller creatures tend to have shorter lifespans. This would also make a kind of sense, since if hatching a dragon is a standard test for unicorns even only at places like universities and such, it would mean their would not be trillions of full grow dragons floating around. (It might also explain why they didn't take Spike with them in Dragonshy - he's not the same species, no may carry no more weight - or less - than the ponies do. Which otherwise I thought was a big plot-hole.) Spike would actually thus be mentally about his actual age (which is what, about seven or so years younger than Twilight) and referring to him as a "baby" dragon might be either due to his species (i.e. his species is "baby dragon" as opposed to "great drake"), or that might be just what you call a young dragon, as opposed to "foal".

Twlight's comments about Spike being tired out because he's a baby dragon also might make sense in this context, if ponies actually don't need a lot of sleep, comparitively. Spike may keep getting tired out because he's a dragon, not because he's a young dragon...

I will admit, some of this line of thinking came because I find myself naturally kinda rooting for Spike with his crush (if only because of the rarity (ba-dum-tish) of a younger-male/older-female pairing1.
    And also because the idea of a pale-purple, deep turquiose-spined half-dragon pony is all shades of awesome. (Also why, in all the fanart, has no-one drawn that yet?!? Go, on, people with artistic talent, go! You've all seen my "best" efforts at artistry earlier, you don't want me to try!)

Also, has it not occurred to anyone but me - and this is the death-crazed Lich in me speaking - that Spike's breath is the like Best. Breath. Weapon. Ever? All he has to do is breath, and not set a destination (or set it to "everywhere"), and what he hits has it's component molecules neatly mailed into the surrounding several miles. Individually.

Can I hear a "hell, yeah?"

1I look at it like this. I'm not really bothered about romances - save as a goldmine for humour - but if I must be subjected to them, at least give some varity. (And also, what activities of two (or more) sentient creatures get up to on their own time is of no-one's concern their own so long as it's legal; age, gender/sex, species or size2 differences irrelevant. Yes, I'm aware that this stance would okay, say, human/pony relationships; but I don't judge, man. Whatever procreational activities float your boats, livings, as long as I don't personally have to see it...!)

2Seriously, what is with you humans and your using height as an important factor in determining the success of relationships? I really do NOT understand that one AT ALL, and I never, ever will. I mean, crikey, the age gap thing is often bad enough, but height? Really, humans? Really?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-06-11 at 07:30 AM.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    So... What happens if Black Mage channels his Hadoken into the Friendship Cannon which then channels into his Hadoken?

We tried that....stuff blew up, that is all I can say.
    Why do you think I am posting this from the moon?
    P.S @Celestia: Can I come down now?
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-05-25 at 06:27 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

17. - Top - End - #767
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey guys! What's up, sorry I haven't been by in a while and all, been busy... MAKING AWESOME SNOWFLAME ART!

Spoiler
    Show

The slopes, he will shred them.

Been making a bunch of reaction faces for posting on ponychan, here's a small sample.
    An army of squirrels is still an army and being gnawed to death is a really bad way to go. - Squirrelmancer
    Custom avatar by me!

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

DID SOMEPONY SAY IMAGE DUMP?
    Also, Welf, I seem to have misplaced the image of that really cute OC pony you posted the other day. Would you mind reposting it?
    Did someone say "did someone say image dump"?

Spoiler
    Show
    Answer: yes, I did and darthbobcat.
    Human edition:

bittersweetdisease
    snus-kun
    luv-2
    luckyenimgma
    jlj16
    gonzahermeg
    jlj16
    kawaiipiepie

And here the OC character:
    Spoiler
    Show

So, is Spike European?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    So... OP updated. Though, at the rate it is being read, I doubt the extra challenge will be met by thread XXXI, much less XI :P
    *checks the OP* Yay, new Octavia picture! Oh Octavia, nopony must every know of our forbidden love...

Hey, wait a second, that wasn't there befo-- oh Celestia in Canterlot. You actually added it. Well Phoe? This is what you wanted, isn't it? Your name in rainbows?

20. - Top - End - #770

*checks the OP* Yay, new Octavia picture! Oh Octavia, nopony must every know of our forbidden love...

Hey, wait a second, that wasn't there befo-- oh Celestia in Canterlot. You actually added it. Well Phoe? This is what you wanted, isn't it? Your name in rainbows?
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it."

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

Now, for a funny thing.

My sisters all love the pony now, but my littlest sister is the cutest about it. She's just old enough to get really excited about it, being nearly three. She's the one who loves Rainbow Dash and has been running around the house saying that she's Rarity and that Applejack is a silly pony.

Anyway, I've been showing her some of the pictures from my pony folder, and I found out something interesting. When I show her a picture like this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She starts going "Gaaaasp! Rainbow Dash! Applejack! Rarity! Pinkie Pie!"

But when she sees a picture like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

She has the exact same reaction. Every single one of the humanized pony pictures I've got in my folder, she recognizes them as being a pony.

Pretty good for a toddler.

- Braeburn is infinitely more attractive than he has any right to be. Suddenly I support BraeDash.
    VICTOOOOOOOORY

Quote Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
    Hey guys! What's up, sorry I haven't been by in a while and all, been busy... MAKING AWESOME SNOWFLAME ART!
    I should really feel guilty, but whenever you mention Snowflame, all I can think is:

"Cocaine is my GOD - and I am the pony instrument of its will!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-05-25 at 08:59 AM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    I should really feel guilty, but whenever you mention Snowflame, all I can think is:

Yeah I know, someone linked me to Linkara's video on that comic. I think it's hilarious and I tend to drop into that voice now when typing ala "Behold, SNOWFLAME!"

Hmm... I wondering how my little OC would look in a pony version of DC's Snowflame costume...

"Friendship is my GOD - and I am the pony instrument of it's will!"
    An army of squirrels is still an army and being gnawed to death is a really bad way to go. - Squirrelmancer
    Custom avatar by me!

23. - Top - End - #773
    Colossus in the Playground

Now, for a funny thing.

My sisters all love the pony now, but my littlest sister is the cutest about it. She's just old enough to get really excited about it, being nearly three. She's the one who loves Rainbow Dash and has been running around the house saying that she's Rarity and that Applejack is a silly pony.

Anyway, I've been showing her some of the pictures from my pony folder, and I found out something interesting. When I show her a picture like this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She starts going "Gaaaasp! Rainbow Dash! Applejack! Rarity! Pinkie Pie!"

But when she sees a picture like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

She has the exact same reaction. Every single one of the humanized pony pictures I've got in my folder, she recognizes them as being a pony.

Pretty good for a toddler.
    Growing up with an older brother who's more into My Little Pony than you? Luckiest kid ever That's adorable.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Raz_Fox lies.
    That's rule #1. Good to know you're finally catching on.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Growing up with an older brother who's more into My Little Pony than you? Luckiest kid ever That's adorable.
    We do ocasionally have the following conversation:
    "Pony."
    "Sorry, but Raz is using this electronic device right now, so-"
    "PONY."
    "Not right now, if you could just-"
    "PONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONY"
    "Look, here's ponies. Happy?"
    "Ponies!"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

That's rule #1. Good to know you're finally catching on.
    I thought Rule #1 was 'Stupidity is not against the rules but that isn't an excuse for it.'

EDIT: Wait, no, Rule #1 is, 'Never turn down Pinkie Pie's party invitations.'
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-05-25 at 10:07 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #776

We do ocasionally have the following conversation:
    "Pony."
    "Sorry, but Raz is using this electronic device right now, so-"
    "PONY."
    "Not right now, if you could just-"
    "PONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONY"
    "Look, here's ponies. Happy?"
    "Ponies!"
    That's adorable.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

You aren't the only one. Poor Snowflame . He had so much potential, but they just casually killed him off in his first appearance.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Dwarf in the Playground

You aren't the only one. Poor Snowflame . He had so much potential, but they just casually killed him off in his first appearance.
    If I recall he didn't even go down from overdosing, wasn't he like.. pushed into a shed full of explosives or something?

Anyway, I'll try to make my little pony (hehe) live up to his namesakes awesomeness.

...and wow.. I just realized, isn't another name for cocaine snow, or white powder or something like that? And my Snowflame is a bit obsessed over fresh white powder too, of an entirely different sort.
    Custom avatar by me!

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Dang, I just realised my fic had a ton of errors after I posted it. I really need an editor/proofreader now. Or just need to write better apparently.

I don't suppose anypony willing to be my test subject? I really appreciate any help you might extend. Plus, extra feedback/criticisms/putdowns of my writing is always good.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Dang, I just realised my fic had a ton of errors after I posted it. I really need an editor/proofreader now. Or just need to write better apparently.

I don't suppose anypony willing to be my test subject? I really appreciate any help you might extend. Plus, extra feedback/criticisms/putdowns of my writing is always good.
    I see your avy. Now i'm trying to imagine a pony version of the meet the spy trailer.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig