New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Augmented psionic tattoos

I was going through the getting wired article today because I had an idea for a Hulking Hurler dwarf build that relied on tribal tattoos to become Large or larger without having to dip PsyWar to get Expansion. Is there a nice and clean way to craft an augmented Expansion psionic tattoo to become Huge rather than Large?

Alternatively, is there a pricing formula for psionic tattoo that accounts for both the level of the power in the tattoo (1st, in this case) and manifester level (ML 7 in this case)? Or would an augmented (7pp) Expansion psionic tattoo have to be priced as a psionic tattoo holding a 4th level power?
    Extended signature here. Contains: 2 avatars, 3 quotes, a doggo and his friends.

Kitchen Crashers: an adventure building Iron Chef - First edition running 20/04/18-18/05/18.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Augmented psionic tattoos

Bump. Weeeeeeeee.
    Extended signature here. Contains: 2 avatars, 3 quotes, a doggo and his friends.

Kitchen Crashers: an adventure building Iron Chef - First edition running 20/04/18-18/05/18.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not really sure about how to answer your question, but thanks a lot for pointing me towards that article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Imagine how many problems you can solve, how many ways you can help your friends, when not constrained by paltry morality! Imagine how much good you can achieve when you're willing to go to any length to achieve it! Imagine the monsters you can slay when you are the greatest monster of them all!
    Company Website: http://lernaeanstudio.com
    PF 3pp Subreddit I Mod: r/Pathfinder3pp

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfCain View Post
    Not really sure about how to answer your question, but thanks a lot for pointing me towards that article.
    You're welcome.

In absence of any other idea on the matter, I'll take the safe route and price an augmented (Huge) Expansion psionic tattoo as a 4th level tattoo. The price remains ridiculously cheap and affordable even for a measly 4th level character, which is nice considering that Hulking Hurler requires BAB +5.
    For the record, an augmented (Huge) Expansion psionic tatto would cost 1,400 gp, almost as much as the capacitor and transducer needed to reuse it (1,250 gp each), and would supersize the user for 7 rounds/use. The whole circuit would cover 5 slots out of the 17 available.
    An augmented (Huge, +duration) Expansion psionic tattoo would cost 2,250 gp, or 4,750 gp with the capacitor and transducer. Its effect would last for 90 minutes/use and the circuit cover 7 slots. The deluxe version includes a mental tap (+800 gp, +1 slot) and can be activated as a free action rather than a standard action.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

There is not matching language for Tattoos, but I would use the same rules as they list for Power Stones if your DM is ok with it:

Quote Originally Posted by UPsi pg 430
    If an augmentable power is incorporated into a power stone at a higher manifester level than the minimum level required to manifest the power, when the power is manifested from the power stone, it is augmented to the limit of that higher manifester level.
    So don't count it as a 4th level power, just cost it as say 1st level * ML7 * 25gp instead of 1st level * ML1 *25gp, so a tattoo of Expansion +2 size would be 175gp instead of 25gp.