New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    *cough* bount *cough*

Or they could do a big manhunt. It would be better that way. Kaito can wear a Sherlock Holmes hat and Nakahiro will be Watson.
    DUDE! That's what Nakahiro needs! A Sherlock Holmes hat!

And a bubble pipe.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Zanpaktou: (Inequalizer)

Spoiler
    Show
    Take the form of a wakizashi. When released, it takes the form of a 12-inch. Every time the weapon strikes the opponent, the opponent (but not any equipment they have) shrinks by 15% of its current size, and the weapon grows by 20% of its current size. The attack will shrink an opponent even if it is blocked by armor, but if it is blocked by something away from the body (such as a weapon or shield) the weapon or shield will shrink instead. Only one target can be shrunk at any item, and the growing and shrinking effects cease after 15 hits, leaving the weapon at 15 feet long and the target at 8.5% of their original size.

{table=head]Number of Hits|Weapon Length (Inches)|Target Size (Percentage of original body size
    0|12 (1 Foot)|100
    1|14|85
    2|17|73
    3|20|62
    4|24 (2 Feet)|53
    5|29|45
    6|35 (3 Feet)|38
    7|42|33
    8|50|29
    9|60 (5 Feet)|25
    10|72 (6 Feet)|21
    11|86 (7 Feet)|18
    12|103 (8.5 Feet)|15
    13|123 (10 Feet)|12
    14|145 (12 Feet)|10
    15|174 (15 Feet)|8.5[/table]
    Instant thought: Bubble Cage.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-30 at 09:40 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #603
    Firbolg in the Playground

>>

I knew I shouldn't have reread Buso Renkin.

@Goto, As the weapon becomes bigger, it becomes larger, meaning less attacks overall and more ability to dodge. The opponent, meanwhile, still has the functions of their weapons and ability.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2011-05-30 at 10:25 AM.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Orc in the Playground

Ain't Hasunaga one of the cool teachers, kids?

You can all thank him later by not stepping on his lawn.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #605
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Can I make a safe assumption that a division's training grounds is the exception for the "you cannot release shikai or bankai" rule? Because its a space allocated for training after all.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

6. - Top - End - #606

Comprimise: Every time the shikai blocks an attack, the enemy's weapon gets restored by one size and the blade becomes smaller.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Comprimise: Every time the shikai blocks an attack, the enemy's weapon gets restored by one size and the blade becomes smaller.
    I cannot get past the awesome mental image of the weapon going "zoooom" and then "dunnnnnnnnnn" repeatedly in a fight.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

8. - Top - End - #608
    Orc in the Playground

Works for me. A particularly agressive opponent would probably keep it from growing much.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #609

Yes. Her combat style will be to constantly assault the opponent, giving them little time to strike back.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

Zanpaktou: (Inequalizer)

Spoiler
    Show
    Take the form of a wakizashi. When released, it takes the form of a 12-inch. Every time the weapon strikes the opponent, the opponent (but not any equipment they have) shrinks by 15% of its current size, and the weapon grows by 20% of its current size. The attack will shrink an opponent even if it is blocked by armor, but if it is blocked by something away from the body (such as a weapon or shield) the weapon or shield will shrink instead. Only one target can be shrunk at any item, and the growing and shrinking effects cease after 15 hits, leaving the weapon at 15 feet long and the target at 8.5% of their original size.

{table=head]Number of Hits|Weapon Length (Inches)|Target Size (Percentage of original body size
    0|12 (1 Foot)|100
    1|14|85
    2|17|73
    3|20|62
    4|24 (2 Feet)|53
    5|29|45
    6|35 (3 Feet)|38
    7|42|33
    8|50|29
    9|60 (5 Feet)|25
    10|72 (6 Feet)|21
    11|86 (7 Feet)|18
    12|103 (8.5 Feet)|15
    13|123 (10 Feet)|12
    14|145 (12 Feet)|10
    15|174 (15 Feet)|8.5[/table]
    Nothing against this Zanpakuto, especially with the compromise proposed. I can even see it being an instant lose Zanpakuto against some foes - think of how hard it'd be to hit a pixie-size Rouga with a 15 feet blade, for example. The wielder is doomed.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #611
    Bugbear in the Playground

Updated Yuuta profile to include his future z-pac traits and tweaked some of the wording in The Count's profile to better define the range of his powers. Once I finish moving my stuff, I'll probably tweak the latter's sheet some more. If any of you are bored enough to give it a look over (and point out issues you may have) my post in the registry is around halfway down on page two.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Nothing against this Zanpakuto, especially with the compromise proposed. I can even see it being an instant lose Zanpakuto against some foes - think of how hard it'd be to hit a pixie-size Rouga with a 15 feet blade, for example. The wielder is doomed.
    Why'd you pick Rouga for this example, specifically? Just curious.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ettin in the Playground

Basically, I was furiously trying to think of an example character, and went "drat, I can't always use one of my own for this!". So I wrote down the first one that came to mind.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Do we already have it planned out how the kids are going to find the missing persons?
    I say we have Valeria track down the hollows that took them with her supernatural schnoz. Let 'er get a good whiff of where the incidents happened and the kids can be on their way. :P
    Also, couldn't the kids just wander around until they detect something and then home in on it?
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-05-30 at 12:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    I say we have Valeria track down the hollows that took them with her supernatural schnoz. :P
    Also, couldn't the kids just wander around until they detect something and then home in on it?
    Most of the kids haven't really practiced their detection. Having Gabi help, or possibly Nakahiro via an enhanced item, seems like a better solution than just "wander around until we magically can sense them".
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

16. - Top - End - #616
    Pixie in the Playground

very true..plus im not sure how many people have exactly specified their height or the size of their weapons/zan

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Most of the kids haven't really practiced their detection. Having Gabi help, or possibly Nakahiro via an enhanced item, seems like a better solution than just "wander around until we magically can sense them".
    Maybe Sayaka has since she's known about/trained in spiritual matters for a much longer period of time than the others. I like the item idea too. I don't see my simple suggestion being magic though. Aren't there supposed to be multiple hollows wherever the people are being held? I've just been skimming things in the IC for a while so I don't know if they're supposed to all be congregating in one place. Wouldn't that be quite noticeable whether people are trained to sense things or not?
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-05-30 at 12:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Maybe Sayaka has since she's known about/trained in spiritual matters for a much longer period of time than the others. I like the item idea too. I don't see my simple suggestion being magic though. Aren't there supposed to be multiple hollows wherever the people are being held? I've just been skimming things in the IC for a while. Wouldn't that be quite noticeable whether people are trained to sense things or not?
    The kids' senses just aren't that developed yet. Hasunaga and the teachers can sense hollows a fairly long distance away, for example, but they're experienced mediums. Without some sort of clue, having the kids wander aimlessly through town would be like having them search for an upstanding politician in Brazil.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    The kids' senses just aren't that developed yet. Hasunaga and the teachers can sense hollows a fairly long distance away, for example, but they're experienced mediums. Without some sort of clue, having the kids wander aimlessly through town would be like having them search for an upstanding politician in Brazil.
    This. Plus, with Sora and Val there, it would "drown out" any Hollow signatures further away.

I think Gabi, Sayaka, and/or Nakahiro are their best bets.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    This. Plus, with Sora and Val there, it would "drown out" any Hollow signatures further away.

I think Gabi, Sayaka, and/or Nakahiro are their best bets.
    I'm telling ya, man. Sherlock Holmes hat and bubble pipe.

Sayaka's father could also be of help, if the kids can't figure this one out on their own.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #621
    Pixie in the Playground

Either Nakahiro or Rex could do it, given Nakahiro's increased spiritual perception and Rex's Reiraku tracking. They'd just need to get somewhere where Rex could get a lead on Chiyoko, Kaito's parents, or the Hollow that took them.

Also, Sora and Valeria should be very glad that Mayumi is liberal for a Quincy. Otherwise, she would have put arrows through both of their heads, and nothing and no one could have stopped her. Thankfully, she didn't, and she's going to have words with them about doing that in front of people whose spiritual morals they don't know. Kaito also put himself out in the open, but he wasn't in as much danger because his powers aren't Hollow-based.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ettin in the Playground

Considering mortal Reiatsu risks attracting Hollows, it was still of questionable wisdom, though. The kids really need to learn a less overt way to discuss of spiritual matters than flaring their abilities.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Dwarf in the Playground

Incidentally, Rex is facepalming a bit at Mayumi now. After he went to all the trouble of finding roundabout ways to talk...

And yeah, it says something when Rex is trying to figure out subtler ways to say "hi." More background: he never really learned to be subtle because he was always in his clan's home territory and thus always had backup. Now he's definitely realizing that things are different in Phoenix Town.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

24. - Top - End - #624
    Orc in the Playground

Relax, children. Explanations ARE forthcoming.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #625
    Orc in the Playground

I still say Vi's shop would be a good stop.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

There's a group of empowered children showing off their magical powers in full daylight? where everybody can see them and any old Hollow could devour them?

Why didn't anyone invite me?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Considering mortal Reiatsu risks attracting Hollows, it was still of questionable wisdom, though. The kids really need to learn a less overt way to discuss of spiritual matters than flaring their abilities.
    Kaito's still learning control, and is very, very much on edge right now. Being shot at one night, and having your parents hollow-napped the next, will leave you a bit wired, I'd think.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I still say Vi's shop would be a good stop.
    No arguments there! Though for what, exactly, remains the question.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-30 at 02:57 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #629
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Either Nakahiro or Rex could do it, given Nakahiro's increased spiritual perception and Rex's Reiraku tracking. They'd just need to get somewhere where Rex could get a lead on Chiyoko, Kaito's parents, or the Hollow that took them.

Also, Sora and Valeria should be very glad that Mayumi is liberal for a Quincy. Otherwise, she would have put arrows through both of their heads, and nothing and no one could have stopped her. Thankfully, she didn't, and she's going to have words with them about doing that in front of people whose spiritual morals they don't know. Kaito also put himself out in the open, but he wasn't in as much danger because his powers aren't Hollow-based.
    Definitely sure that if she wasn't stopped, she would at least regret it after. Reene and therefore Geister have expressed interest in the kids. Hasanuga probably would have tried to take her down hard too. Hell, with the half dozen kids they probably could have killed here there no problem. She was pretty close.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    No arguments there! Though for what, exactly, remains the question.
    Hey, I think so too.

...just waiting for someone else to suggest it, because Izumi doesn't know about that store.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine