1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default House of Traia (I.C.) (E6)

HOUSE OF TRAIA

Town: Jazmith
    Spoiler
    Show
    The house of Traia is in the crumbling city of Jazmith. Jazmith was once an extremely wealthy trade town until travel became nearly impossible after The Awakening.

Jazmith has a large population, and many districts within its large stone city walls. It's Western edge and castle are built into a mountain chain. The Eastern side is flanked by a calm sea port that leads to many rivers and the Deep Sea.

House of Traia
    Spoiler
    Show
    The House of Traia is a guild of ill-repute. At least that is the title they received after having been the first organization to unionize workers of its kind. The house was put together in times when men and women had money to spare. Its clientele and and employee's have severely dropped in number. So much that you are the only remaining two remaining "working ladies".

Workers of the house are distinct and must always present themselves with a large blue T on their scabbards and broaches. If not wearing an identifying signal, they are required to identify themselves as a member to everyone they speak with, and, before consenting to any "work".

The House of Traia is still run by the original Madam, Traia. The only other employee is Tupik.

The Awakening: 3 years prior
    Spoiler
    Show
    No-one saw it coming, no-one heard it coming, no books or legends predicted it.

The Befreier had always submitted to the other gods, yielding his animals and beasts both hideous and beautiful to the will of others. No more.

There was no conflict, just a change in... attitude...

Birds still flew, fish swam, bees buzzed. They just became more violent, and seem more intelligent and seemingly... organized.

The roads became unsafe to travel in small numbers, and the seas (although generally considered safer) were just as affected. Towns are subject to attack both by swarm and guerrilla tactics by animals they once never feared.

Its strange though. One will look at an animal and expect it to go along its normal business and it may change its mind and attack. Other times you may see an angry bear whom you've just disturbed, and it will just walk away.

Most people think it is best to just avoid most animals. Domesticated animals(including familiars, etc...) are just as prone to this behavior, therefore most have been abandoned to the wild. Even before attacking their master.

Animals/Beasts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Humanoids have never been able to communicate with most animals, except basic training signals.(includes druids and other wilderness classes)

Before the awakening they were normal, and would run if scared. Now, some will attack on site, some will run away scared, and some may lead you into a trap while hunting them. They don't seem to have a particular agenda, but they are violent towards humanoids.

The Nation: Travest
    Spoiler
    Show
    Travest isn't a large nation. It is actually fairly small, but contains two important cities: Jazmith and Jordan(the Capital).

Cities have gone into a Martial Law sort of order, since even armies may have a hard time traveling outside of a cities limits. Even so, a peasant army/militia seems to be enough for small hamlets to defend themselves.

The most important duty of all rulers is providing food for the people. Since the Awakening farming has become a dangerous prospect, and most individuals aren't skilled enough to hunt animals that attack back.

There is not much correspondence between Jordan and any of the smaller cities. It would seem that they have the defense of their own walls and feeding the people are their main priority.

The main contact between cities comes from Runners.

The Befreier
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Befreier is a Demi-God who is also known as "The Beastmaster"

Most stories about how and why he started the Awakening are just that... stories. Nobody of note has come up with a reason that the gods would let him do what he's done, or why they haven't stopped him yet.

The Deep Sea
    Spoiler
    Show
    Much of this world is yet to be discovered. The deep sea has seen men leave, and return with riches/scars and stories of other men who insisted on exploring further. Occasionally men from unknown lands will arrive at port as well with spices, plants, animals, etc... that have never been seen on our shores before.

Madam Traia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madam Traia loves her girls(and guys) and has always been good to them. She doesn't work for profit. She loves love, and she promotes her women as though they were her own children. She is middle aged, but looks much younger.

The Madam unfortunately was robbed of her chance to procreate by a priest of Vecna. She has never told you how or why.

Tupik
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tupik is a youth who was publicly refused by the constantly hiring militia and army recruiters. He is also the son of the right hand man to the Freiherr(ruler) of Jazmith, Markov.

Tupik's father Travod most certainly has made an order that Tupik is not to be allowed into military duty.

Tupik and Travod don't speak to one another. This is well-known public information. It has been that way since Tupik became a teenager.

Tupik's job is to protect the working ladies. He never does anything beside wait outside the room though. He seems to have a fierce loyalty to the Madame, and you will occasionally hear him in his room alone crying.

Travod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Travod is publicly known as a wizard. One of few. Most who are gifted with magic are shunned, and have never been particularly organized.

It is a signal of great respect or fear to have a wizard sit amongst your advisors. Travod doesn't speak publically or in court, so his opinions and reasons for being included amongst the Frieherr's advisor's remain shrouded.

Runners:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Runners are messengers that specialize in getting through the wilderness. They seem to have amazing luck, and are never attacked by groups of animals.

Pelor's Presence:

Spoiler
    Show
    In times long since forgotten, when it is said that wars were as common as housemice, all gods waged war against one another using mortals as their chess pieces. As they were doing so they only realized that they were losing all of the people that they were trying to win over. Humanity had become nearly extinct. In a moment of compromise, all of the major gods agreed that the field of combat should be protected, no matter the alignment, race, or religious belief/disbelief of the participant.

All fields of honorable battle are protected by all gods. Any can ignore this protection in their opponent if they give it up themselves. The definition of "honorable field" changes depending on which god is watching at the moment It is considered extreemly poor taste drop Pelors Presence, and is a crime in most communities.

Assasination attempts are not covered, the gods deal with assasins themselves.

Magic, Personi
    Spoiler
    Show
    The language of magic has its own personality. It knows who weilds it, and how powerful they are. It can be fickle, and sometimes must be convinced. It is said it has some personality traits of Mystra herself.

Magic has been known to lend itself to a cause at times of great need or consequence... or fail.

Some hypothesize that magic has its own agenda seperate from Mystra's. Some say that Mystra's control over magic is absolute, while others say she created it, but now it is like an adolescent child - it is rebelling against her.

When it comes to the language itself, it is known to hide itself, or leave the minds of those who would weild it if they don't exhibit control. For example, a young mage listening or reading the words of an advanced spell, or a spell from a shunned school may hear words that sound like magic, but don't resemble the actual words at all. Other times the language is heard, then nearly immediatly forgotten.

The term that encompasses these effects is "Personi". Used like, I don't rememberwhat words he used because of the Personi. Or, "this is the first time Personi has let me hear that spell, the words were beautiful. Etc...
    Last edited by NeverSleep; 2011-09-06 at 08:56 AM.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

2. - Top - End - #2

NinjaGuy

Default Re: House of Traia (I.C.) (E6)

It is a new day. You wake up in your own room in the guild.

Normally you two would go down to see the madame at this point. She'd make you breakfast!
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

3. - Top - End - #3

(Sya heads down stairs and takes a seat)

Who do you have to blow to get some breakfast around here?

4. - Top - End - #4

NinjaGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting for Squirrel. Dakuwan, please post your character sheet on the OOC thread. Thanks!
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta wakes up in her bed and stretches. A ray of sunlight is streaming in through her window and makes its presence known by hurting her eyes. She rubs them liberally as she sits up, looking around her room as she does every morning. Her over sized bastard sword, the weapon she has been training with for two years and a gift from her big brother, sits beside the bed with the hilt leaning towards her. She'll have to train today at some point, after breakfast, and make sure its sharpened properly.

Yawning, she steps out of bed and goes downstairs where Sya is already sitting. She smiles at the dwarf's comment. "If you want, sausage I hear its extra. G'morn, darling."

6. - Top - End - #6

Sya: Just put something in my mouth

7. - Top - End - #7

NinjaGuy

You have all the means to cook at your disposal.

The kitchen is just as it always is: tidy, proper, and slightly smelling of lemon. The hardwood floors haven't seen a stain, and everything seems to be in its place.

There is one thing missing though.

Madame Traia almost never misses cooking breakfast. She generally feeds(read: overfeeds) you two and any guests you may have, then promptly takes the often generous leftovers to some of the less fortunate people nearby.

So many people have been put out by the recent Awakening that people have begun to clamor for her favor and scraps. Madame is however quit good at evenly dispersing the product and plays no favorites.

Topik is not as often at breakfast, although when he is seen, he sure eats well for his small frame.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

8. - Top - End - #8

Sya:(leans over and kisses Calixta on the mouth and playfully pushes her away. Then sits for a few moments and looks around nervously. She then stands up awkwardly and slowly walks over to the cupboard and gets a frying pan and lays it atop the wood fire stove then checks it for wood then looks around some more) where is the Madame, this is weird...(to Calixta)can you go check out her room while I soak some bread and fry some meat.
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2011-05-25 at 11:04 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Practice with the playful dwarf made it much easier to accept the kiss and Calixta remind herself that kisses are only a privilege she denies customers. The silence in the kitchen afterwards was more unsettling because it simply shouldnt have been there. There should be the smell of meat and eggs and laughing happening right now... Where could Madam Traia be? Calixta nodded, silently accepting Sya's prompt, and turned to leave the kitchen. "Dont burn anything, alright? You know how much the scorch marks annoyed Madam last time you tried this."

Calixta's five foot eleven frame swept from the kitchen with intent to return upstairs to perhaps knock on Madam Traia's door.

10. - Top - End - #10

Sya: To burn anything I would need matches (searches the kitchen for matches)

search check: (1d20+2)[5]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2011-05-26 at 10:44 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

NinjaGuy

Sya has no trouble finding matches, as they are right where they should be, and the kitchen is pristine. The shelves seem a bit light on foodstuffs. Its possible that the Madame needs to make a shopping trip.

Calixta moves towards the front of the house where the entertaining foyer and grand dining hall are. She begins to make her way up the grandiose stairway gaurded by an elegant chandellier(known as the stairway of heaven), but she halts for a moment when she hears an aggressive knocking on the door.

Calixta knows there is no way Sya heard that, and they didn't ring the "service bell" which rings everywhere in the house except the private rooms.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta pauses on the stairwell, turns towards the front door and bites her lip. "Who..." Madam Traia would not like it if she mistreated guests or kept them waiting. Calixta looked down at herself. She was still mostly in her peasant's night clothing and felt like she would be a poor reception. Even still, she must represent Madam well. Putting on the best smile she could, though completely appearing as if she had just rolled out of bed, she proceeded down the stairs.

(Charisma check to be a friendly reception (1d20)[17])
    Last edited by Kato Locke; 2011-05-26 at 05:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Sya takes the matches and strikes one to light the kindling in the stove, and coaches the fire into life. She goes into the store of cured meat and find whats left of the bacon and ham, and puts it in her pan. She also gets eight bread rolls and soaks them in watered down honey but leaves four for people who would like to soak their bread in mead or eat it as is (the hard stuff). After attending to the meat until the bacon is crisp and the ham tender, she plates four pieces of bacon and two pieces of ham on two plates. Then she fills two separate bowls with soaked and unsoaked bread and sets them in the middle of the small kitchen table

Sya: I don't think Calixta would mind eating in here

She gets some mugs and a pitcher of mead and sets them on the table

14. - Top - End - #14

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato Locke View Post
    Calixta pauses on the stairwell, turns towards the front door and bites her lip. "Who..." Madam Traia would not like it if she mistreated guests or kept them waiting. Calixta looked down at herself. She was still mostly in her peasant's night clothing and felt like she would be a poor reception. Even still, she must represent Madam well. Putting on the best smile she could, though completely appearing as if she had just rolled out of bed, she proceeded down the stairs.

(Charisma check to be a friendly reception [roll0])
    You are feeling quit open and inviting. As you reach for the handle another abrasive knock meets the wood.

(you had a successful listen check on your way to open the door): The men are mumbling to each other, saying: "I bet she ran off", "she knew we were coming", etc...

You pull the door open, and one of the three men outside is surprised and end up "knocking" the air.

"Ahhh... one of the whores boys! How about a little taste, butter-buns?"

He grabs his package in a sickening gesture.

The men are obviously rugged and probably battle-hardened. They seem bent on doing no good, and have no respect for the trade you offer. None are wearing armor, but the flash of a steel sheathe caught your attention.

He holds up a letter.

You know that correspondence in this nation is held in the highest regard, especially after the Awakening. A messenger wouldn't even think of viewing a letter sent by his hand... it would be blasphemy.

All the same, these men obviously look like they know something you don't, and they're not here for tea...
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta attempted to reign in her emotions over the revolting show and said, "Good morning, gentlemen. To whom is your message to be delivered?"

Calixta sorely missed Tupik in these situations. Though she trained and studied her small collection of scrolls daily, she had never laid a hand on another person. The sword she kept in pristine condition had only seen battle in Kameal's hands and she had little love for violence.

(Is there a warning system near the door? A bell, alarm, pot and wooden spoon? Anything?)

16. - Top - End - #16

NinjaGuy

This section is for Calixta

The house's Service Bell may serve your purpose, there is one outside, which can be disabled, but wouldn't be at this moment. There is also one right inside the door, within your arms reach. It would take a few seconds to pull it, as it is essentially a long rope and pulley system. There's no way to do it subtly.

The service bell is usually wrung when a customer has arrived and would like to see the house's "wares". When you(either of you!) yourself hear it, you would rush touch up make-up and put on appropriate attire, then meet the prospective customer in the foyer.

The letter is for the madame, and we need a response now. If she's not here, then we'll have a different set of problems. I hope she's not here...

The man grins widely.

The men are eyeing you up and down, you can read their minds as to what that might mean.

This section is for Sya

Its only been a few minutes since Calixta has left, and food preparation is easy enough with all the right tools here.

Still, as your mind wanders, you can't help but wonder why you haven't heard footfalls above you, as the floors above you have a familiar creek which hasn't been heard since Calixta left.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

17. - Top - End - #17

Sya sits at the table and waits a moment. Wonders what the heck Cali is doing, cuz she didn't go upstairs, that silly ho . Sya moves on with the thought that she is hungry as demon and isn't going to wait anymore. She grabs a knife and starts cutting up her ham.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta nodded her head and slightly bowed her knees. "I will inform the Madam forthwith and have her to see you in less than a minute." With that, Calixta closed the door.

19. - Top - End - #19

NinjaGuy

Cali

You hear the men saying stuff like, "take your time sweetie", "I'll be waiting for you", "can't wait 'till you get back", "looks better leaving" etc...

It is obvious they'll be waiting for a response, you probably have a few minutes until they get anxious though.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta, still hand on the door, breathed a sigh of relief. While she may not be completely innocent of ever harming another being, she wished to continue her hot streak of poon before power a while longer. Gathering her skirts, she turned back toward the kitchen. "Sya!" she called into the house as she ran, "We have a problem and only your dwarven legs have the stability to handle three of them at once!"
    Smile like you know something.

21. - Top - End - #21

Default Enter Jeremiah

Sya: Cali is screaming and running, and deeply implying that I need to entertain three tricks at once. Damn, so early! A whores work is never done. (gets up from table and wipes her mouth, then runs out into the hallway and past Cali to the stairwell) SEND THEM UP TO MY ROOM I HAVE TO SCRUB!!!

Sya runs up the stairway to heaven and to her room and as quickly as that throws off her garments and kicks them into a corner and closes the door, indicated with her name on the front. She goes to a washbasin and washes her cooch and ass with a rag, then chews on a mint leaf then spits it into a corner, all with great haste. She takes a second to check and make sure her quarterstaff is beneath the bed in arms reach, a precaution she takes in case of emergencies which she has no problem using what so ever. She lays on the bed on her back, open for business, readying her slit for the over anxious. She looks too the top of the door frame.

Sya: Apparently I'm about to have three at once Jeremiah, lets hope their too excited and I burn them out quick, truth be told I'm still sleepy.

Jeremiah sits atop the door frame as tiny as can be, feeling nervous about the whole situation, whats a toad to do.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

With the backup plan ready, Calixta follows Sya up the stairway to heaven and watches her run over to her room. Still nervous, she knocks on Madam Traia's door hard enough to show urgency. "Madam Traia? Are you in?"

If she really wasnt in the house, would she be allowed to read the letter herself in the Madam's place? (DM question)

23. - Top - End - #23

NinjaGuy

CALI

Spoiler
    Show
    If she isn't available, you'd be able to take the letter to her. You wouldn't be able to read it.

As you are knocking on the madame's door, Topik surprises you by saying "She's not in, just take the letter". It was kind of weird how he showed up. Where did he come from? There's no doors nearby, just high ceilinged walls with tapestries.

Topik had a tendancy to do that though, often showing up at times when you needed him, and times when you didn't want to see him. He also generally has more information than one would expect.

Topik is slender in build, and has a questionable aura about him. Its no wonder his father and he don't get along. Markov and he both have dour demenours, although Topik seems to be fighting his, while Markov embraces it.

"Oh, grab that sword of yours, and let us know before you go down."

Topik moves smoothly into Sya's room.

SYA:

"Hey Trick"

That's topik's nickname for you. You've never let him see you practice magic, but somehow it seems that he knows.

"We might have a little confrontation on our hands downstairs, so....."

He motions towards the staff that you've been keeping under your bed.

"I don't know if you wanted to bring that bullfrog too but..."
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta nearly jumped out of her skin at the sound of Tupik's voice. Her spine went rigid at the mention of the weapon and she hurried to comply. As she ran to her room, she called over her shoulder, "Are you gonna help me into the armor too?" She was half joking but knew that if she was needed in a fight things were likely to be bad.

She opened her room door and moved around the side of the bed to the shining sheathe next to it. Calixta grasped the sheathe and drew the blade. It sung as it exited and gleamed in the early morning light. "Hello, old girl. May Kord smile upon the work you do today, if he deems it right to do so." The weapon was sharp and as ready as it would ever be. Laying the oversized and heavy bastard sword upon the bed, Calixta reached under the bed and pulled out a chest. She stored her studded leather inside. She often trained in it and she knew the weight of it well on her shoulders.

25. - Top - End - #25

Default Make love not war

Sya: Says you toothpick!(hops out of bed and grabs her quarterstaff and reaches into her stores to grab one of her few spell components, then marches out the door) watch my spell components (to Jeremiah) (continues down the stairs to the front door. Opens the door and confronts the men with staff in hand) Alright! You men have two choices, get some of this (plants her staff firmly) or do away with the violence and get some of this (gestures toward her naked form) I am eager to oblige you either way!

Profession Whore check

(1d20+1)[7]

26. - Top - End - #26

NinjaGuy

Says the lead man,

"I could possibly let a few extra days pass before the deadline, especially if the help is this helpful".

He is a human, and a crude looking one at that. A chipped front tooth, and a face that only a mother could love.

He says, "Here, now." and gestures for Sya to kneel.

"Tupik, make sure the madame gets this."

He tosses the letter to the floor, and tosses his head back, waiting.

Sya is in the entryway, Tupik halfway up the stairs and moving down, and Cali admiring the sword on her bed.
    Last edited by NeverSleep; 2011-05-31 at 05:59 PM.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

27. - Top - End - #27

Default ...to our play...

Sya:(leans her quarterstaff near the doorway and walks over and picks up the letter and throws it into the house, then walks up to the leader and kneels before him rubbing him tenderly) we could have our fun here but the city guard may gain interest, let us to my room where we can enjoy each other fully, and will your men join? The more the merrier, you know. And please get rid of the weapons they make me nervous, and if I'm nervous I am not at my best.

28. - Top - End - #28

NinjaGuy

Sya

He is slightly enamoured, but doesn't seem thrilled about sharing his "booty".

He will join you in one of the rooms(not your room, but a room that you use for work... clean sheets and all that...) while the other two men stand outside on guard.

He makes his way up the stairs mentioning that he hasn't had sex with a real woman for years. He has been away on the Deep Sea working for whomever payed him the best/was the most alive. He mentions that his work for Kurtiz should be much more steady and allow him to stay put more often. Perhaps if this is to his liking he will be back for pleasure sometime.... rather than work(he says with a wink).

Please make another profession check.

Cali

The situation seems to have died down as you step out of your room to see the three men being lead up the stairs, past Tupik, towards a working room. Sya takes the chipped-tooth man into the room while the other two men wait awkwardly outside. It is obvious that they aren't exactly professionals. They pace about, have poor postures, and carry on side conversation whilst one would think they would be honing in their senses on the surroundings.

You see Tupik has a letter in his hand and motions you to join him near the bottom of the grand stairway. He is slightly out of sight of the "guards", and they are distracted anyway. His motion implies that you should "play it cool".
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

29. - Top - End - #29

Default another day at the office

profession whore check

(1d20+1)[2]

Sya comments here and there about his travels and his work, all admiration and compliments, and is being ever seductive as she does so, hinting and implying about how she will please him and how she is down for anything.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Taking the hint, Calixta leaves her weapon on the bed but with the hilt facing the door in case she needs to grab it in a hurry. She walks calmly over to Tupik and says in a voice just above a whisper, "What is going on?"