New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: House of Traia (I.C.) (E6)

As Cali enters the familiar cellar she overhears a conversation obviously driven by Tupik.

I'm not asking you again, who sent you!

No answer...

*thud*

You can have it again if you want it!!!

An indescribable sound follows. Something you've never heard before. An annuatural sound. Its followed by the sound of human pain.

You can easily stay hidden behind a shelf nearly full with sacks of wheat if you want.

You weren't in time to see what caused that noise.

Do you attempt to view the scene from hiding or reveal yourself?
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

2. - Top - End - #92

Sya:(before heading down the ladder she collects her quarterstaff, after hearing Tupik's voice she enters the cellar and if logical sits at the bottom of the stairs and observes)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

I step out where I can see the scene and be observed myself. I carry my sword in a non combative pose but it is obvious. "Tupik, what are you doing?"
    Smile like you know something.

4. - Top - End - #94

NinjaGuy

Aaaaahhh!!!

As the pair of you enter from opposite directions, Tupik is distracted and seems to unfocus his rage for the moment.

"Oh, you two..."

Tupik says:

"This man was obviously sent here to send us a message with his birds and his sneaking around. He won't tell me why, or who sent him. I'm about to make it obvious that I am deadly serious."

There is a man on a short stool who is crudely bound with rope. He hasn't spoken since you've been there. A human, about 45, gruff beard, black cape, no armor. No visible weapons.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

"And beating him senseless will get the message done just fine, wouldnt it?" Calixta moves closer and allows the tip of her blade to get closer to the man strapped to the chair. "Who besides the thieves has any quarrel with us? Is there anyone else stupid enough to send a person to trash a business they wish to get money out of? You should let him go and have his face be message enough."

6. - Top - End - #96

Sya: (gets up and walks toward the guy on the stool) listen man, these two aren't thinking straight, they are real pissed, if you want to leave here alive you should start talking, and for the love you bear your fingers and toes make it the truth, because I'm a mage, I know if you're lying (casts light in her hand to illustrate her point) and we don't have time for horse dung.

bluff (1d20-3)[14]

7. - Top - End - #97

NinjaGuy

He spits onto the ground.

"If I talk you'll need to kill me, or I'll receive much worse when I report."

He looks toward the stairs, and you both notice an odd-looking dagger which doesn't belong in this cellar. The hilt is an odd emerald green.

Sya reccognizes that the color scheme and wicked dagger design are close to the patterns used by several assasins guilds.

"So **** you."
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

8. - Top - End - #98

Sya:(her eyebrows jump when she notices the dagger, she dismisses the spell, and walks back to the stairs she came from) the dagger, its an assassin's guild trade tool, kill him, he won't talk(sits down form where she originally got up) they are sworn to secrecy by means we can't hope to bypass.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

"Wait, assassins?" Calixta looks apprehensive, on the edge of being rather frightened. She makes a visible effort to compose herself. "No, why would we kill him? He's helpless here. I wont partake in murder."

10. - Top - End - #100

NinjaGuy

Tupik says,

"Well, we can either let him go, or kill him. I suppose we could get the Madame's opinion on this too. He tried to kill me, so wouldn't be opposed to killing him now."
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

11. - Top - End - #101

Sya: He is our enemy and is worthless to us since he won't talk, killing him will send the message that they shouldn't mess with us. We should leave his body in the middle of the street. And with him gone there is less people to come after us.

12. - Top - End - #102

NinjaGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    please post some spot checks.

Dc=18

If you make the check you've seen the last few movements the assasin used to free himself of the rope. You get to act in the suprise round after the assasin. No one is flat footed.

As you three are talking, the obviously able assasin has managed to free himself of the rope bindings that Tupik had placed on him.

He pushes the stool out from under him and throws two(previously unseen) shurikens at Tupik then heads for the stairs.

Simultaniously Tupik roars and puts two hands forward. What you witness is something neither of you have seen of Tupik before.

A deep crimson color stretches from Tupik's hands and makes its way towards the assailants face. It strikes him there and visibly opens a wound.

Then Tupik falls unconsious.

The assailant is at the top of the cellar stairs and had to rush past Sya and skip several stairs to get there. He seems obviously athletic. (You have an opp for AoO).
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

13. - Top - End - #103

Spot Check (1d20+0)[12]

Sya:(attempts to trip the fleeing assassin, touch attack (1d20+0)[5]: if successful str check (1d20+0)[17])

14. - Top - End - #104

NinjaGuy

No suprise round action for you!

The assailant skips a step traveling right past you unmolested as you grab for his ankles.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

15. - Top - End - #105

Initiative (1d20+2)[18]

Sya: (chases after the assassin ready to hit him with a ray of frost at first opportunity, if applicable touch attack (1d20+2)[5] for ray of frost, damage (1d3+0)[2])
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2011-06-29 at 09:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Addendum: (ooc: because I did this in reverse)

will save: (1d20+2)[4]

17. - Top - End - #107

NinjaGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Can you trip as part of an AoO? I'm thinking that "one melee attack" that the AoO language has means a regular attack right? You'd have also inspired an AoO by attempting to trip without the proper feat?

Feel free to discuss this in the OOC.

The assasin drops out of sight as he takes his action before either of you.

Sya's turn is next.

Since he's out of sight, you chase his trail to the top of the stairs. You visually tracked him moving to the right of the entrance. You move actions end after you climb the stairs. You see the alleyway. The ladder is on the ground, and the alleyway is filled with (empty)storage crates and an unlit kerosene lantern.

You could go north or south.

Listen checks(both of you) reveal that the ladder was knocked down a few moments after the assasin disappeared.

Cali is up next.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Spot: (1d20)[6]
    Init: (1d20+2)[13]

On her turn, Calixta will move at her best speed (sprinting at 120 ft a round), making appropriate checks if necessary, to keep up with the assassin.

19. - Top - End - #109

Default Strategic retreat

Sya:(heads back into the cellar and closes the door and locks it if possible, stops and looks over Tupik, then heads upstairs to Madam Traia, when she reaches her) Tupik is hurt, he is in the cellar and I don't know what to do for him, the assassin escaped and Cali went after her. What do we do?

20. - Top - End - #110

NinjaGuy

You get a favorable result on a dex check and a balance check for bounding up the stairs.

When you get to the top of the stairs, you see no immidiate signs of the bearded man. Since you saw him dissapear to the right, your travel takes you that way.

The corner of the house is about 50 feet away, and you are able to make it about halfway on this turn.

You two can take another turn in your initiative order.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta continues to follow hot on the bearded man's heels, if for no other reason than because she needs to know how they arrived. She continues moving at her fastest speed with her weapon ready should she encounter resistance.

22. - Top - End - #112

NinjaGuy

There is a tallish(8 foot) brick wall to your left. There is a short fence(4 foot) blocking direct movement into your neighbors alley section. If you turn right you will be met by cobblestone that leads to the major roads.

You see nothing indicating which path the man is on, and don't have a visual on him.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta gives up her chase as pointless and makes to return to the cellar. She is still wary on her way back.

24. - Top - End - #114

NinjaGuy

A few moments later, you return to the basement where Sya has been.....

???? What was Sya doing for about 3-5 rounds????? (Out of initiative about 1/2 a minute)
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

25. - Top - End - #115

(ooc:I would like to reference post #109)

26. - Top - End - #116

NinjaGuy

Close the double doors that lead down into the cellar, then throw the locking board into place. This is all easily done.

You go over to Tupik and see that he is still breathing. The shurikens are sticking out of his shoulder and his right leg. He also has a ripped cloak. No blood seems to be flowing. He must have been exhausted.

You move upstairs to speak with the Madame:

"Oh god! I hope he's ok, give him one of these." (Gives you a few berries(3) from the groceries she just brought in)

"You better check on Cali too! I'l be in the safe room, Tupik know's where its at."

She scurries off.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

27. - Top - End - #117

Sya:Not sure if she is she is a coward, an idiot, lazy, or some kinda combination of the three(rushes down stairs to tend to Tupik, crushes the berries and puts them in his mouth then messages his throat to work them down, does this until she gets a reaction)
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2011-07-02 at 09:19 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118

NinjaGuy

Tupik returns to his senses upon the first touch of the berries' juice on his tongue.

"Ahhgmnn.... What happened? Where's Cali? The Madame?"

Assuming he gets a reasonable response, he tells you where the "safe room" is.

"She just tole me about that room. Its awesome, but I wish we had known about it sooner."

He describes a book in the library, near the back. You will need to pull out the leatherbound tome and read exactly what is on the 81st page.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

29. - Top - End - #119

Sya: Find Cali, I'm gonna go meet up with the Madam in the panic room(heads to panic room)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Calixta is on her way back to the cellar, not knowing whats going on with any panic rooms or fancy berries.