New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Recruitment/OOC/Character Thread

I vote for sake of hilarity and I'm sticking with that vote.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll leave it up to Orzel if he wants Grills to have been moved to the doctor off-screen, or left where he was in a hilarious oversight.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

And the pony day for Soft and Hullabaloo has ended.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

Out of curiosity, are we going to enact separate time lines? Because if the ponies in town wait for the ponies who are out on the rescue mission to end their pony day....that may be a while...a long while.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Pixie in the Playground

Ooook.

So...

Are we going to have anypony play Luna or any of the Canon ponies in this universe?

Cause I could really use a Luna right now. At least...this universe's version of her.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Out of curiosity, are we going to enact separate time lines? Because if the ponies in town wait for the ponies who are out on the rescue mission to end their pony day....that may be a while...a long while.
    Probably best to do the same like the main RP. Separate timeline for those out adventuring and those in town.

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    Ooook.

So...

Are we going to have anypony play Luna or any of the Canon ponies in this universe?

Cause I could really use a Luna right now. At least...this universe's version of her.
    Nopony playing those so far.

EDIT: Eh, how many are still up and about in the current day? Only Smoothie and Garion right?
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-06-21 at 02:20 AM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

I was assuming that canon ponies are out of bounds.

But if they're not, I call Luna due to having made the thread and having PLANS.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I was assuming that canon ponies are out of bounds.

But if they're not, I call Luna due to having made the thread and having PLANS.
    Crisis made this thread, Lix
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Crisis made this thread, Lix
    Well she made the original RP thread.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Well she made the original RP thread.
    Well your sergeant's trying to kill you.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

Mindfreak, aren't you the one who was just complaining to Rodny about taking control away from other people's characters?

Also, can we please keep mind control out of this RP? It's one of those things that really really really really really (Continues for a long time) really squicks me out.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Mindfreak, aren't you the one who was just complaining to Rodny about taking control away from other people's characters?

Also, can we please keep mind control out of this RP? It's one of those things that really really really really really (Continues for a long time) really squicks me out.
    What if she just felt a strong urge to cause him bodily harm? She has already on numourus occasions.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    What if she just felt a strong urge to cause him bodily harm? She has already on numourus occasions.
    Strong urge is fine. Uncontrollable? Very much not. At least not without the player's permission. If you have the player's permission I guess it's fine, since I expect Soft will eventually get an uncontrollable urge to kill somepony too.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-21 at 05:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, if it's uncontrollable, she'll end up killing him. And I don't want anything unstoppable.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Yeah, if it's uncontrollable, she'll end up killing him. And I don't want anything unstoppable.
    It has been changed
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

So, Orzel, are any of the royals both expendable and complete monsters?

To clarify, this is what a complete monster is. "The Complete Monster is the most depraved of all characters; a villain utterly lacking in redeeming features. Trying to find a drop of goodness in them is like trying to find a specific grain of sand on every beach in the world: it's impossible. "

I have an idea for the aforementioned "Soft gets an uncontrollable urge to kill somepony." thing.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-21 at 05:42 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

So...are we close to calling it a day for the ponies in town? I think at least one more pony has not ended their pony day

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    So...are we close to calling it a day for the ponies in town?
    I think so.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

actually my question was poorly worded. Are the ponies in town now..finally be able to progress to the next day?

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Well your sergeant's trying to kill you.
    Well... uhh... I killed your carrot.

That didn't come out right.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes head in and looks around* Pony RP, eh?

Well, I came across something that inspired me to join up. Won't be doing massive amounts of stuff, but I should post consistently since I'm around here checking on the Nexus all day anyway.

So, I suppose the first question is, anything in particular I should know about how this RP works? Feel free to dump as much info on me as you feel like bothering to. I like to be informed.

Now, for my idea. I'll direct your attention to the top left of the below image.
    Spoiler
    Show

That's right. Boarz. Anyone at all familiar with 40k and orkz will know exactly where I'm going with this. Essentially they'd serve as a sort of minor plot enabler perhaps, or as the odd encounter. Maybe even get a bit of none violent interaction out of them.

Well, that's everything I need to cover here I think. I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts. Oh, and hi.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Well, I came across something that inspired me to join up. Won't be doing massive amounts of stuff, but I should post consistently since I'm around here checking on the Nexus all day anyway.

So, I suppose the first question is, anything in particular I should know about how this RP works? Feel free to dump as much info on me as you feel like bothering to. I like to be informed.

Now, for my idea. I'll direct your attention to the top left of the below image.
    Spoiler
    Show

That's right. Boarz. Anyone at all familiar with 40k and orkz will know exactly where I'm going with this. Essentially they'd serve as a sort of minor plot enabler perhaps, or as the odd encounter. Maybe even get a bit of none violent interaction out of them.

Well, that's everything I need to cover here I think. I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts. Oh, and hi.
    Well. All you really need to be informed of is the lack of organization, that its grim dark my little pony, as much of an oxymoron that is. I'm sure you read the first post in this here thread, as that has pretty much...everything fluff-wise and making your character-wise.

This RP works as any other free-form roleplay, except with messy confusion between going god moding and god modding But yes, the only rule is don't god mod and fellow ponies won't get their manes in a knot over it.

In terms of these Boarz, I say go for it, we have all sorts of wacky junk, saying 'no' would be hypocritical. ....Maybe even a wacky mutation gone wrong to have such beings in existence, as the show did have normal pigs.

One last thing. Hello there. ^o^

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Spoiler
    Show

I can already see many opportunities for mayhem with this character.

/rubs handshooves with glee.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Bugbear in the Playground

A little group for anyone who wants to play around with town construction. Mostly goes with the town forepony NPC I made up a few pages back, but MCerberus's character Machanic might like to meet them.

Name: Bridle Shores Public Works Guild

Occupation(s): Construction, Repair, Mechanics, Plumbing, Wiring, and anything involving building or repairing anything the town might ever conceivably need.

Leader: Rockem Wrench, town forepony

Facts: As Bridle Shores isn't a huge town, they don't really have room to support full individual contractors for all the various town needs. As a result, all of the jobs get folded into a single guild who is charged with handling all of them. The guild is on a flat-rate contract with the town regarding all of their work based on average time needed to complete similar projects for other such groups. The flat-rate means that they never get more money for taking more time, and thus they tend to work as fast as they can. They claim, not entirely exaggerated, that they will charge for a five hour job, that would take anypony else five hours to do, and get it done in one hour.

Much of their work involves cleaning up after the various fights that plague the town on a steady basis, and they have defensive repair down to a speedy art. They can complete in days what would take other construction groups weeks to accomplish.

The guild has a single construction mecha under their ownership, and it has been modified so many times that the manufacturer likely would not be able to recognize it.

Membership: In a word: eclectic. There seems to be little rhyme or reason to who is a part of this guild. Stallions, mares, young, old, small, hug, thin, fat, smart, dumb, they have it all. The one common factor is that all of them take pride in their work and never leave a job unfinished. Most of them are also members of the militia and the town's volunteer fire department and can hold their own in a fight, even if their weapon choices tend to be straight or modified workpony's tools.

Anypony looking to work off a sentence at the town lock-up can usually find community service grunt work with this group.

The leader and town forepony, Rockem Wrench, is a boisterous individual with a powerful set of lungs and a tough charismatic demeanor. He works his ponies hard, and rewards them just as well. He also parties just as hard as he works when the situation calls for it. He has an impressive collection of magical items that increase strength that the guild uses to make heavy lifting go faster. His weapon of choice is a wrench that looks like it was designed for bolts the size of your average pony's torso.

Named Members:

Rockem Wrench - Earth Pony. Boss. Boisterous, Loud, Hard taskmaster

Sockem Wrench - Earth Pony. Rockem's young teenage daughter. She's had the run of the guild since she could walk and not only knows everypony in it by name, but also has most of them wrapped around her hooves.

Billy - Unicorn. Skinny teenage colt. Brilliant inventor. Mind works at an accelerated pace, making it hard for him to maintain focus on any one task.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-07-10 at 01:44 AM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Deadtiming.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mach will be sure to pop in to the guildhall to see if he can get a windmill built and the roof modified to have some mad-science tesla coils sitting up top... after the ZAPPER is tested.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

Hogz - A green skinned, pig like race, the hogz are remarkably strong and tough. They are thought of as unintelligent, but possess a brutal cunning. Generally they are larger than your average pony, and only seem to get bigger the longer they live, and fight. Fighting is the core of any hog's life. They live to fight and they love it like nothing else. All hogz are genderless and reproduce by the release of spores throughout their lifetime, and at an increased amount at their death. Because of this, once hogz show up they are extremely hard to root out. The hogz possess a peculiar psychic field. Though they have no direct control of it, and very well might not even know it exists, it seems to make things work the way they want to despite any silly claims of it being impossible.

So that's my description for the race index. Hope that it looks good.

Now to post IC. Soon enough. Soon enough.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Why 'Equestrian' guard if they're supposed to be from somewhere besides Equestria (In 40K each regiment is from one of many imperial worlds) and Equestria isn't the name of the planet anyway?

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

So, Orzel, is there any chance the royal that wants to send an army after Bridle shores is expendable?