New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Recruitment/OOC/Character Thread

Am I the only who finds this premature move on the big bad's part.....funky?.....It's only been a day and a half in the rp....its too early for major big bads to flaunt their stuff xD

2. - Top - End - #662
    Barbarian in the Playground

Anyone can control the normal soliders, they are all D rank. The elite soliders are mine to control, they are all B rank.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Anyone can control the normal soliders, they are all D rank. The elite soliders are mine to control, they are all B rank.
    What. Warning. TVtropes link.

Okay, I take it back. Soft's one winged angel form can possibly take out A ranks threats by itself.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-27 at 05:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

The guys within the bar grinned at Smoothie's pathetic attempt as her magic dissolved into their anti-magic shield. They decided to hold out in the bar until she got here.
    The Elephant isn't magic. It's summoned by magic, but it's mundane once it's summoned. Plus, either there's a space for her to summon it within that field because the antimagic doesn't reach high enough, or the antimagic does and the field is countered out by it. Plus, you only said ponies wouldn't get in.

5. - Top - End - #665

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    The Elephant isn't magic. It's summoned by magic, but it's mundane once it's summoned. Plus, either there's a space for her to summon it within that field because the antimagic doesn't reach high enough, or the antimagic does and the field is countered out by it. Plus, you only said ponies wouldn't get in.
    They raised an anti-magic sphere around them to counter Mica's illusions. Plus your words said that where three soliders were, and elephant was now there, implying that the soliders disappeared. The anti-magic shield would cancel out that magic which is tied into the elephant magic.
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ettin in the Playground

Who's in the bar right now anyway?

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

They raised an anti-magic sphere around them to counter Mica's illusions. Plus your words said that where three soliders were, and elephant was now there, implying that the soliders disappeared. The anti-magic shield would cancel out that magic which is tied into the elephant magic.
    By not there, I meant they are currently bloodstains on the floor.

Also, if I can't even summon creatures into the place, what exactly do you expect us to do? None of us can get in, and now magic doesn't work.

8. - Top - End - #668

By not there, I meant they are currently bloodstains on the floor.

Also, if I can't even summon creatures into the place, what exactly do you expect us to do? None of us can get in, and now magic doesn't work.
    They want Smoothie. So, they will drop the seal to go outside to Neutralize her. She just has to appear outside of the bar.
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

--------
    At the evil force's bunker, a signal was received. A tube opened, and Zach fell out. John(the original) laughed.
    "All the power of the original, but none of the recent memories!"
    He laughed an evil laugh.
    Again, what the heck? Why is this happening exactly?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-27 at 08:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #670

Again, what the heck? Why is this happening exactly?
    It was a sub-mission basically. They were to eliminate or capture Smoothie, and if they could; eliminate Zach. Remember, John sent his own clone into town to sabotage the power lines because he didn't trust anyone but himself. So he made a clone of Zach from before Smoothie changed him, because he is going to use him to restart Celestia's Resistance after some grooming. Because Zach is a very good public speaker, and by using him the forces of evil can sway more ponies over to their side without violence. Because they always need more minions. And don't worry, I have a very good idea if Zach(clone) ever meets Scarlet.
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

It was a sub-mission basically. They were to eliminate or capture Smoothie, and if they could; eliminate Zach. Remember, John sent his own clone into town to sabotage the power lines because he didn't trust anyone but himself. So he made a clone of Zach from before Smoothie changed him, because he is going to use him to restart Celestia's Resistance after some grooming. Because Zach is a very good public speaker, and by using him the forces of evil can sway more ponies over to their side without violence. Because they always need more minions. And don't worry, I have a very good idea if Zach(clone) ever meets Scarlet.
    Somebody tell me I'm not the only one who has a problem with this plot twist/idea.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

To be brutally honest, mindfreak, I think you're kinda going over the top with a lot of stuff. Like, the resistance, which lasted one plot and died. It was a huge thing, it could have been good for months of real time, and lasted days/a week. This huge massive army, will it be a recurring villain, or end in a few days? Just seems like you're not taking the time to enjoy the scenery.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ettin in the Playground

Somebody tell me I'm not the only one who has a problem with this plot twist/idea.
    *raises hand* Don't ask me why. I find this whole plot twists to be rather abrupt.

14. - Top - End - #674

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    To be brutally honest, mindfreak, I think you're kinda going over the top with a lot of stuff. Like, the resistance, which lasted one plot and died. It was a huge thing, it could have been good for months of real time, and lasted days/a week. This huge massive army, will it be a recurring villain, or end in a few days? Just seems like you're not taking the time to enjoy the scenery.
    I agree. I'm not good with creating plots that last a while. It's from a deep set issue that has come from my D&D group. I'm going to take a break from making plots, and will just go along with everyone else. The army invasion will last as long as you guys want it to. I'm going to think some things over, and let you guys make plots into whatever and however you want. I'm just going to take some time to think.
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Don't like, leave, but a short short break for thinking may make sense.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

I agree. I'm not good with creating plots that last a while. It's from a deep set issue that has come from my D&D group. I'm going to take a break from making plots, and will just go along with everyone else. The army invasion will last as long as you guys want it to. I'm going to think some things over, and let you guys make plots into whatever and however you want. I'm just going to take some time to think.
    And can you please delete the part about the clone of Zach? If you want, I can even explain why I think it's a bad idea.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

It is a bit abrupt.

I know I'm sending an army to town but that wont be for weeks in real time. Enough time for free time and build up. And they will be fighting for days RP time. This is because a true military invasion would destroy the town (even if they lose) if Grills doesn't do what he will do.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

18. - Top - End - #678

And can you please delete the part about the clone of Zach? If you want, I can even explain why I think it's a bad idea.
    Why do you think it's a bad idea? I've been planning on this happening ever since the Celestia's Resistance Arc. If it's because you want this RP to be more happy, I won't delete it. But if you pose a good argument, Clone Zach will fail(as sometimes happens with clones) and Zach will awaken from Mach's procedure.
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

Why do you think it's a bad idea? I've been planning on this happening ever since the Celestia's Resistance Arc. If it's because you want this RP to be more happy, I won't delete it. But if you pose a good argument, Clone Zach will fail(as sometimes happens with clones) and Zach will awaken from Mach's procedure.
    Okay then.

1. Reversal of character development. It kills any development that has happened and will happen with Zach and Scarlet.
    2. Clone Zach will die. Current Zach is about to be dead and buried. For most ponies their first thought isn't going to be "Zach is alive again!" it's going to be " He's dead. We buried him.That's an evil imposter. Initiate exterminate with extreme predjudice mode."
    3. The twist makes Zach out as a bit of a Mary Sue. An evil organization this big should have plenty of ponies more charismatic than him, and more capable of convincing people to help them.
    4. The "Celestia's resistance" sub plot is over and done with. Yes, it could have lasted quite a while, but it didn't, and there's no point in going back. We should come up with new enemies to deal with, and there is tons of idea fodder with this evil organization thing.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-27 at 09:49 PM.

20. - Top - End - #680

I'm going to bed, I might not be on tomorrow. I'm going to take a thinking break.
    Deadtime.
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #681
    Bugbear in the Playground

If I could put in a minor request for a week real-time of no epic battles where people's characters recover, rebuild, and discover intrigue and drama.

I make this request because, Thursday morning, I am going to a family reunion where I will not have internet access and won't be back until next Tuesday. Thus I will not be able to roleplay at all during this time, and I'd hate to miss another invasion. I also make this request because the poor town needs some time to put itself back together, and a few RP days with no major attacks would help them get back on their feet.

I'll allow others to talk about what my characters are doing in daily life (such as recovering, training, or working) during this period.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

Just a suggestion, maybe we should run through any new major plots that might be started in the OOC thread first? It'll greatly clear up any confusion later.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Just a suggestion, maybe we should run through any new major plots that might be started in the OOC thread first? It'll greatly clear up any confusion later.
    Yeah, good idea.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, good idea.
    Here's my stuff that I'm planning at the moment for the future.

Plot Points (Stuff that could be built into a plot but does not currently have a plot line revolving around it):

Mica's Secret - Big, mind blowing (if you don't already know it) and liable to put her in severe mortal danger if the wrong individual learns it.
    The past of the Starlight Six - Convoluted and odd. Firm 'you wouldn't believe me' territory. Involves time travel (don't worry, even they can't use it as a 'miracle fix'), which they have learned tends to causes as many problems as it could ever fix, if not more.
    Clan Greenhilt's relation to Gallant Garion - Sildra45 and I actually discussed this way back before the FwM thread started.
    Spirits - A backwater religion that most ponies think is outdated superstition, but is it really?

Major plots (For much later)

Zoda - 'Nuff said. No, seriously, that's all I have at the moment.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

Rose Bolt - Lone Star's ex shows up and starts killing every female he's ever interacted with (and maiming ones he's looked at) [Actually have had this idea for a while) [Psycho Killer]

Chaos Mareine - A pony who believes herself a Deamonic Princess of Blood Corn [Ponyhammer Khorne] comes to town, and her Unicorn powers let her convincingly fulfill that role. 'Nuff said. [Big Bad]

NINJA NO JUTSU - Someone discovers an underground ninja village that loves to remind everybody that everybody in it is a ninja. [Comedic]

Mirror Mirror - Standard 'alternate but reverse universe with people coming out through a mirror' trope.

Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-06-28 at 12:54 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Rose Bolt - Lone Star's ex shows up and starts killing every female he's ever interacted with (and maiming ones he's looked at) [Actually have had this idea for a while) [Psycho Killer]
    *Blink*
    Icy is going to have a rude shock one of these days huh?

As for my own characters, I have no specific planned plots. (Actually I'm improvising as I go. Lemongrass was one such result.)

Okay, maybe one.
    Icy discovering the real killers of her family and goes on a murderous rampage. But... that's still up in the air.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Well you all know I am setting up a big battle between the Descendants of Flashfire and the Followers of Wildfire.

I think I gave enough hints that the battle wont end until Grills opens up Mt Trotia to release one of his ancestors to unite the two sides. But there is a twist.

But before that a noble named Regal Burnstein will come to to hold a tournament. :P
    the Rivals team shows up a year early.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

28. - Top - End - #688

Name Dreamrunner
    Title The Ghostly Medic
    Appearance She has a silver coat, and a silver mane. She has bright red eyes, and is a Pegasus pony. She wears a medic uniform with purple on it instead of the usual red or blue. She wears a pair of glasses, and is from a distant country called Germanequestria.
    Pony Type Pegasus Pony.
    Cutie Mark A red plus sign.
    Skills Huge medical expertise.
    Relationships She is very good friends with the engineer ponies at the power station, and used to be good friends with a tough pony who died a while ago because she wasn't fast enough.
    Bio Born in Germanequestria 20 years before Luna was first put on the moon, she was turned into a ghost on the year Luna was imprisoned on the moon. 2 years later, she was turned back into a solid pony. She then put all of her knowledge to good use, and became a Medic. When she first became a Medic, she did mercenary contracts for RED. She became fast friends with another mercenary there, who died because she wasn't quick enough to act. She later completed her contract, and left. She later settled down in Bridle Shores.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-06-29 at 08:29 AM.
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #689

Also, I did some thinking in my sleep and thought of something. What if Bridle Shores had a newspaper? I say this because after the entire battle is done we can use the newspaper to sum up the entire thing and we can use the newspaper to sum up arcs after they finish if there is enough reason for a newspaper journalist to know what happened. We could then put these newspaper articles in the OP of the recruitment threads so new players and current players can check out the older arcs to check what happened, because people sometimes save newspapers. For dates we could use A.L.P.(After Luna's Imprisonment) for dates since MLP: FIM doesn't have a noticeable date keeping system. I have an example of one of the news articles for the current invasion:
    Spoiler
    Show

A force of 2,498 soldiers arrived at Bridle Shores via inter-dimensional teleportation on May 25th, 1,000 years A.L.I.(After Luna's Imprisonment). Casualties of the townsponies was 4, enemy casualties was numbered at over 1,000. The count can still be raised for it is hard to tell because there were many that were vaporized because of unicorn ponies in town. Many more townsponies were injured, and the enemy forces went into a full retreat, leaving behind over 100 injured soldiers. The power was knocked out due to sabotage, but was later restored thanks to engineer ponies. Townspony injuries were kept down low, thanks to a Medic Pony in town. It is said that they were after one Smoothie who resides in an alternate plane with an entrance at Soft's Bar. It is unsure if they were aiming to capture or eliminate her, but she was thankfully left unharmed. In the beginning, the enemy forces had the upper hand, but when power was restored the tide turned. Notable fighters are a Demopony, Sentry Guns, Mike, Zach, Scarlet, Gwyn, Smoothie, Eric, Mach, Roy, and many others. There's some buildings that were destroyed in the fighting, but many were mostly untouched. Whether this is a foreshadow for many battles to come or not is yet to be seen.

I'm going to go do more thinking, and to sum things up: What do you think of the newspaper idea?
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #690
    Firbolg in the Playground

I've only got one something planned, Mach getting his machine working. Mach plans for it, of all things, to be a resurrection device if enough power can be channeled through it. The voice that has been whispering to him in his dreams has other plans.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC