New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Recruitment/OOC/Character Thread

Mindfreak, you may want to revise your biography. The timeline of this Equestria is significantly different from the canon show.

Luna was only imprisoned for 10 years.
    Spoiler
    Show
    10 years ago - Celestia imprisons Luna in the moon after her sister was supposedly taken over by the Dark Forces and transformed into 'Nightmare Moon'.

Also, it's dispensers, not dispensaries.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Yo, Orzel..still waiting on your response to Gwyn

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    *Blink*
    Icy is going to have a rude shock one of these days huh?
    Did i mention Rose Bolt's powers and general appearance (as i've imagined it) are modeled after the Flash?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Did i mention Rose Bolt's powers and general appearance (as i've imagined it) are modeled after the Flash?
    Red with yellow hair/mane?

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Red with yellow hair/mane?
    I was gonna go with red with a bubble-gum pink mane and a yellow lightning bolt for a cutie mark, with the power to run super fast.

Buuuuuuut close enough
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #696
    Bugbear in the Playground

Since people seem to be moving on from battle to other things, I'm going to post a general end to the fight. If anyone wants to continue a battle, feel free to find 'leftovers' in town.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

well its just really two ponies who aren't caring much to combat xD

8. - Top - End - #698

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    well its just really two ponies who aren't caring much to combat xD
    I wasn't counting Gwyn or Grills. We have a number of ponies moving to the infirmary.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Generals - These four do some of the same things that the Seconds in Command do, but they also are seen on the battlefield and are the most fearsome foes any pony could face. Any given general is likely a Hero Killer to some extent. A-rank threat easily.
    Anypony mind if I take control of/create one of these? Naturally she won't come into play for a very long time. Just thought I'd get it out of the way now.

10. - Top - End - #700

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Anypony mind if I take control of/create one of these? Naturally she won't come into play for a very long time. Just thought I'd get it out of the way now.
    Not at all (at least I don't mind). I've made one already (Zoda), and I'll be introducing a former general in his backstory in a bit. I don't think anyone's claimed any of the other Generals yet.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-06-28 at 07:17 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Not at all (at least I don't mind). I've made one already (Zoda), and I'll be introducing a former general in his backstory in a bit. I don't think anyone's claimed any of the other Generals yet.
    Okay.

I'm going to wait for a few more people to say "Yes" before taking the next step.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have, General Hullaxburom. But he is going to be replaced due to his failure. Also, I made a bio for the leader of the organization who is higher then your puny ranks can rank him, and I would like to keep in control of him.

And guys, I did some thinking and I think I will be able to make better plots from now.

Also, I wrote a couple things I'm proud of, and one of them is the system from which we can base prices for items off of. I will post that soon.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

Mindfreak, do you have any objections?

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay.

I'm going to wait for a few more people to say "Yes" before taking the next step.
    Go ahead. And mindfreak, do you mind letting us in on your that leader of yours?

15. - Top - End - #705

Mindfreak, do you have any objections?
    None at all. It's not like I own the entire organization of evil. How about this: The leader of the organization(his name is John) calls a meeting of his generals. He then chews out Hullaxburom for failing, and then he falls down a chute to never be seen again. John then introduces his replacement. Now, the generals should be wary of John, because he has lots of power. If he choose to, he could kill them easily in a second. You think we should do a meeting of the generals?
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #706

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Name John Flitwisp
    Title Leader of Darkness
    Appearance A stallion with a black coat and a black mane and black eyes, he is a unicorn that is quite strong too. His cutie mark is a skull.
    Cutie mark Skull
    Skills Plotting evil things, doing evil.
    Biography He cannot remember his childhood(he is a clone)
    Relationships Best friends with everything that is evil.
    Danger Rank S(is above A+)
    Notes Is hiding in Bridal Shores until then soliders finally arrive. The real John is in the bunker, this is his clone.
    This is John, the leader. I posted this 2 pages ago.
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

None at all. It's not like I own the entire organization of evil. How about this: The leader of the organization(his name is John) calls a meeting of his generals. He then chews out Hullaxburom for failing, and then he falls down a chute to never be seen again. John then introduces his replacement. Now, the generals should be wary of John, because he has lots of power. If he choose to, he could kill them easily in a second. You think we should do a meeting of the generals?
    Not yet. Lets delay that for a bit. I don't think we should do a big reveal of some of the biggest villains in the RP quite yet.

Plus, I don't have any more than a general idea of what I want this general to be.

I also need to get her run by Lix Lorn before I even think of introducing her.

18. - Top - End - #708

Here it is, something I figured out:
    Done a bit more thinking(ha, see what I did there?) and I've come up with a viable solution for coming up for actual prices for things, this could bring a more in depth kind of roleplaying(because we'll have more details). So, as shown at the Grand Galloping Gala, Applejack sold Soarin' an apple pie that appeared to be large(at least 10" in diameter). Now, Soarin' paid exactly 6 bits for said pie in question, and to buy a pie of that size in a Hanneford or Shaws, it would cost you $10. So I divided 10 by 6 to get an exchange rate for $ to Bits. Below is exactly all of the denominations of the rates.
    $1.60 = 1 Bit
    $0.16 = 1 diBit(1/10 of a Bit)
    $0.016 = 1 ciBit(1/100 of a Bit)
    $0.0016 = 1 miBit(1/1000 of a Bit)
    $0.00016 = 1 niBit(1/10000 of a Bit)
    $0.000016 = 1 piBit(1/100000 of a Bit)
    So by dividing the amount of money it costs to buy something in America by 0.000016, we can get the amount of money in piBits. Which then allows us to bring it up to a certain amount of Bits. For example:

Bag of Kettlecorn(10.5 oz) costs $3.99. First we divide it by 0.000016. We get 249375 piBits. We then divide this by 10. We get 24937 niBits and 5 piBits, which we then divide the niBits by 10. We get a total of 2493 miBits, 7 niBits, and 5 piBits. We then divide by 10 again. We get 249 ciBits, 3 miBits, 7 niBits, and 5 piBits. Again we divide by 10, and we get 24 diBits, 9 ciBits, 3 miBits, 7 niBits, and 5 piBits. We now finally divide by 10 once again and get 2 Bits, 4 diBits, 9 ciBits, 3 miBits, 7 niBits, and 5 piBits. We can do this faster by dividing 249375 piBits by 100000 which we then get 2.49375 Bits. We can shorten the whole mess by abbrieviating it to 2B, 4dB, 9cB, 3mB, 7nB, 5pB. We can shorten it further down to 2B4dB9cB3mB7nB5pB, and even further down to 2B4D9C3M7N5P. *Which this brings it down to a perfect code for computer programs, which we can do to make a wonderful online program that gives you the value of an American Dollar Item into Bits. Have I lost you? No? Okay. Now we go into the territory of Soft's Bar, where there are items that are not real drinks. We first find the items needed for the drinks, and estimate the amount in each drink we would need. We then divide the cost of the items by the amount of drinks made, and add $1. We then get the American price of the drink, which we can then turn into Bits. We can do the same for veggie steaks and veggie tempura. Now, all of this info would be great if someone turned MLP:FIM into an RPG, but you may be asking: Mindfreak, buddy ol' pal, how is this going to help us, the FFRPers? Well, I'll tell you. For those who wish for a deeper, more profound FFRPing experience, they can now have it, by figuring out exactly how many Bits they would get for a job, and how much something would cost in the MLP:FIM universe. Now, some of you might be scratching me off as a raving lunatic by now, with me caring about such a small detail, but this is actually helping me. My D&D group is usually chaotic, and I'm not exactly the type to get up and tell them to focus with intimidation. I try my best at that, and I build the encounters so we can get more done in a short amount of time. This has made me want to get through things at the breakneck speed of a Scout on an Atomic Bonk Punch sugar high. That concludes this section of Mindfreak586's in-depth walk of MLP:FIM.
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

Two more questions.

1. Would a Well intentioned extremist be too good aligned for a general?
    2. Do generals have to be irredeemable?

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'll stick with charging prices whenever necessary. FFRP means that consistency and character sheets can be condemned to hell, something which I'm thankful for.

@Soft
    1) From the description of the dark forces, not too likely, but not implausible either. Especially if he thinks he's superior to the rest and merely manipulating the group to his own end.
    2) Why should they not be?

21. - Top - End - #711

Two more questions.

1. Would a Well intentioned extremist be too good aligned for a general?
    2. Do generals have to be irredeemable?
    Well, they are two ranks away from being leader of the entire organization, so I'm pretty sure they have to be pretty evil or be really good at faking evil at this point. They raise through the ranks by being evil, strong, ambitious(but not enough to be a leader), and charismatic. Try putting yourself in their shoes, would you be redeemable by this point?
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

Well, they are two ranks away from being leader of the entire organization, so I'm pretty sure they have to be pretty evil or be really good at faking evil at this point.
    Oh she is quite evil. No doubt about that. I just intended to have her be evil for a good goal. Doesn't have to be, just what I had in mind.
    They raise through the ranks by being evil, strong, ambitious(but not enough to be a leader), and charismatic. Try putting yourself in their shoes, would you be redeemable by this point?
    Hey, if a planar-cidal monster is potentially redeemable, why not?

2) Why should they not be?
    Eh, I prefer badguys who are redeemable on some level. That's all.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-28 at 07:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #713

Name: Frankenstein
    Title: General, 'The Butcher', 'The Mad Surgeon'
    Race: Earth Pony (Originally), Gestalt Pony Abomination (At time of death)
    Appearance: Huge. Possibly three times the size of an average Earth Pony, or more. His skin is a patchwork of every coat color imaginable joined together by surgical scars. His muscle bulk is clearly more than could possibly be natural for even his size. He has four massive wings stitched together from pieces of every kind of wing across Equestria, Pegasus wings, Flutter Pony wings, and even draconic Fire pony wings. He has three unicorn horns made from the pieces of the horns of other unicorns, and a sea pony tail and gills as well.
    Skills: His surgical and technological skills are so good that he was able to do all of the surgical modifications to his body himself. He has many extra muscle fibers grafted to a surgically enlarged skeleton, giving him super-pony strength.
    Biography: An intelligent, but dissatisfied Earth Pony who was jealous of the special talents granted to other pony races. He developed the methods by which he could surgically graft parts of other ponies to himself and used it to become the horror he was known for.
    Personality: Arrogant and Proud. Does not treat others as if they were individuals worthy of his respect.
    Relationships: Pretty much views others as 'raw materials'.
    Cutie Mark: Brain in a jar

-------------------------------------

The following is long, and potentially a bit gruesome, but here is Zoda's past induction into the Dark Forces as a General. Time is roughly a year ago.

[Zoda - The Job Interview]

Spoiler
    Show
    The room wasn't something that your average pony could have found, much less entered. It was deep within a mountainside, accessible only by cave, and was one of several across Equestria that was used for a special kind of meeting.

These were the darkest, most secret kind of meetings. This was a room where the ranking members of a group known to the rest of Equestria as only 'The Dark Forces' met to discuss their movements. The room was dimly lit inside, with only a massive scrying screen, a large table, and 14 chairs making it anything other than an empty cavern when not occupied. Outside, it was guarded by elite forces who were instructed to prevent any entry until the occupants had left.

The fourteen occupants were the only members of the Dark Forces to boast a rank of significance apart from their mysterious 'Leader'. The two 'Seconds in Command' sat at the head of the massive table, flanking the large scrying screen that the Leader used to communicate from wherever 'it' secreted itself. At the sides of the table were four large ornate chairs, where the Generals sat, that were each flanked by two smaller chairs which held the Majors that served under the Generals.

No occupant of that room held any illusion that any other occupant was a 'friend'. Most of them had gotten their rank by 'disposing' of their predecessor in one way or another. The only reason they worked together at all was that their desire to possess Equestria outweighed their distaste for sharing any measure of power. Almost all of them harbored notions of deposing the 'Leader' and taking full command, but even the Seconds had no idea who, where, or even what their Leader was.

Normally, they met like this only a scant few times each year to discuss strategies and plots not directed at each other to prevent unintentional interference. That their rivals would happily provide intentional interference if they thought they could get away with it remained unsaid, but also fully known. This was a group that remained unified only by mutual greed and the need for more resources than any one of them could acquire on their own.

Interestingly, none of that was on their minds right now. Their attention was instead drawn to the uninvited figure that stood in the doorway. The figure was larger than your average pony, and while his appearance would certainly give a few ordinary ponies nightmares, it wasn't that unusual when the other occupants of the room were taken into account.

He looked like an Alicorn gone horribly wrong to start with. His wings were leathery skin stretched between the internal bones, and were currently folded in a way that made them look like a large cape. His horn was shaped like a large knife, an image enhanced by the fresh blood from stabbing some of the soldiers who had been standing guard outside dripping off of it. His hooves possessed vicious claws, making them a cross between hooves and a predator's paw. His skin, what little could be seen of it, seemed almost reptilian. He was covered in full plate armor with wicked spikes adorning it in places where he could easily drive them into an opponent's flesh if they clashed at close range. His face was completely shadowed by his helmet, but his eyes glowed with their own evil crimson light from beneath the shadows. He possessed no mark upon his flank. Behind him, seen through the open door, lay the dead and dying guards of the room.

"And who might you be?" asked the voice of the Leader, seeming to be more amused than troubled by this development.

"I am Zoda, the Prime Invader," the figure spoke, standing straight and tall, as if he hadn't just slaughtered their forces. His 'voice' held dual tone to it, as if it was only half spoken, the rest being forcefully projected into their minds with no regard for any harm he might cause them.

"I have heard of you. What brings you here?" one of the Seconds inquired with a tone that suggested that Zoda's life expectancy would be greatly lessened if the speaker didn't like the answer.

"I am here to take a position as one of your generals," Zoda responded.

Perhaps it was the sheer audacity of the declaration, but no one in the room spoke for a few moments.

The silence was finally broken by one of the generals, who began laughing at Zoda's statement.

"Fool!" the general declared, his voice sounding like it came from a voicebox that had been horribly butchered and then pieced back together in a shoddy manner.

The speaker was easily twice the size of Zoda, and was an infamous figure in Equestria. His name was Frankenstein, a pony supposedly almost five hundred years old, and few were the ponies in Equestria that didn't fear him. His body was a patchwork of surgical scars and was covered with pieces from coats of almost every color. He was infamous for taking the bodies of strong opponents and cutting them up to surgically add their physical strength to his own. About the only reason he hadn't tried to move up to one of the positions of 'Second' was that he liked to harvest his own 'raw materials' while the corpses were still fresh.

He'd started as an average Earth Pony, but the addition of extra bone mass and muscle fibers had resulted in the hulk that now stood in his place. He'd stitched together massive wings sewn from every type of wing found in Equestria. Pieces of Pegasus wings, Flutter Pony wings, and even the draconic Fire Pony wings could be found in his four massive patchwork wings. He had a trio of horns on his head that were each composed of pieces from the horns of several unicorns. His tail had been replaced with a massive sea-pony tail to help him swim, and on the side of his neck, several sets of sea pony gills could be seen. He had also taken the organs from his opponents and now had more than five beating hearts, six eyes, and backups of every organ inside his own body, and more in storage just in case. It was even said that he took other pony's brains to increase his own brain size and access their memories directly. Only his mark, a brain in a jar, had remained the same throughout his life.

"There are only four Generals of this army!" Frankenstein said, marching straight up to Zoda and looking pointedly down at him. "And, as you can see," he continued with an evil grin, gesturing to the rest of the room, "all such positions are filled. I guess you'll have to leave, or we could just kill you for your insolence." The general seemed positively giddy at the thought, and even the other occupants were getting ready for a fight against the intruder, Zoda.

"I see," Zoda said calmly, bringing his hooves up to his face in a gesture of careful consideration. "I suppose there is only one thing for me to do."

What Zoda did next was not so much surprising for its swiftness, but for its casualness. He hadn't made any sudden moves or threatening gestures. He hadn't tensed his muscles or acted like he was readying for an assault. He just calmly placed his clawed hooves on each side of Frankenstein's head, grasped it, and pulled them apart.

The room echoed with a long, wet ripping sound. The other thirteen occupants just stared in stunned silence as Zoda calmly dropped both the left and right halves of the former general to the ground and returned to his formal posture. None of them would openly admit to fear, or that Zoda could have possibly beaten them all, but they each had a finely honed sense of self preservation nonetheless. While they were certain they could all defeat Zoda together, they were also certain that he could slay more of them before he was defeated, and none of them were willing to volunteer to die for the sake of the others.

"It would appear," Zoda said in a sinisterly calm manner, in his dually spoken and thought voice, "that you have an opening."

"It would appear we do," the voice of the Leader broke the silence. "Welcome, General Zoda. Please take your seat, for we are beginning to get behind schedule."
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-07-10 at 12:29 AM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

24. - Top - End - #714

I'll be brutally honest here, Crisis.
    I. Love. It.
    You did good. I like the frankenstien pony especially.
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

*Sigh* two more questions.

1. How far in the future is this compared to the normal RP? I have an idea for the general, but I need to know the timeline.
    2. Any reason Lix Lorn can't make a general?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-28 at 08:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #716

*Sigh* two more questions.

1. How far in the future is this compared to the normal RP? I have an idea for the general, but I need to know the timeline.
    2. Any reason Lix Lorn can't make a general?
    1 - If the question is about Zoda's joining, it's already happened. If you're asking about the FwM RP itself compared to the FiM RP, I don't think there really is a correlation between the two timelines. It could just as easily be ten years ahead as ten years behind from my perception.

2 - I do not see any reason why she can't. That would likely be the fourth General though.

The current lineup of Dark Forces ranking officials to my knowledge. If the listed individual is 'Unknown', that means the slot is unclaimed.

Leader - John Flitwisp (Identity Secret)
    Second in Command 1 - Unknown
    Second in Command 2 - Unknown
    General 1 - Hullaxburom (Likely to be 'replaced')
    General 2 - <Soft Serve's idea>
    General 3 - Unknown (Lix is welcome to this one)
    General 4 - Zoda
    Major 1a - Unknown
    Major 1b - Unknown
    Major 2a - Unknown
    Major 2b - Unknown
    Major 3a - Unknown
    Major 3b - Unknown
    Major 4a - Unknown
    Major 4b - Unknown
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-06-28 at 09:14 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

1 - If the question is about Zoda's joining, it's already happened. If you're asking about the FwM RP itself compared to the FiM RP, I don't think there really is a correlation between the two timelines. It could just as easily be ten years ahead as ten years behind from my perception.

2 - I do not see any reason why she can't. That would likely be the fourth General though.
    Okay, good. That works very well for me. It isn't about Zoda joining, it's about something else that I'm keeping secret for right now.

28. - Top - End - #718

Okay, good. That works very well for me. It isn't about Zoda joining, it's about something else that I'm keeping secret for right now.
    I see. Just trying to cover all the bases by answering each possible interpretation.

Glad I could help.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, sort of an introductory post for my general. Not revealing who she is or quite what she does until I can get a drawing of her and definitely not introducing her to any of the goodguys any time soon. We have a lot of other stuff we can go through way before we bring an actual general in.

EDIT: Deadtiming.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-28 at 11:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey, not my fault ponies keep getting shot in their vitals around Mach! Easy to lose track of them all.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC