New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony IX: The Best Thread Ever

No no no. Berry definitely is not into that sort of thing. She thinks all that bondage stuff is degrading, and that a right and proper filly like herself should have nothing to do with it.

I, on the other hand, think that Applejack tying up Berry Ann would be absolutely hilarious.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-06-03 at 07:39 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

*stares at packet of oatmeal*

*stares at jerk seasoning sauce*

Do ponies jerk their oatmeal? Or their dumplings? Or their cupcakes?

*goes to buy cupcakes*
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #753
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Roughly half a page without bondage so far.
    Also, anyone care to claim responsibility for the bodies in the basement?
    I am never walking in there again.
    The filly doth protest too much; are you sure you're reminding us to prevent it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Well now, we can't be having that, now can we? I mean, we have to protect Berry Ann, don't we?

Spoiler
    Show

Oh good Princess, I can't believe I just posted that.
    Psh. He's got the ropes all wrong! That looks like a work harness and there are no knots digging into the flesh, no constriction, no nothing!

It seems you shall never be anything more than a mere monkey!

Er, wait. What was I saying?

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

It is a grand thing when a plan comes together
    I've been hoping for this turn of events. I was actually disappointed when your avatar was not immediately
    Switched, in truth.

So now I need someone to slap an MS Paint green witch hat on this, and sloppily cross out Pinkie and put my name in.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am exceedingly smug right now. Like, Facebath smug.

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    *stares at packet of oatmeal*

*stares at jerk seasoning sauce*

Do ponies jerk their oatmeal? Or their dumplings? Or their cupcakes?

*goes to buy cupcakes*
    I'll be the straight colt for this one.
    What exactly is jerk? You make it sound like a seasoning rather than a process.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Jerk is a seasoning of allspice and scotch bonnet pepper. It is a common seasoning in carribean countries. You typically rub it on meats and it's very very very hot
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

5. - Top - End - #755
    Banned

Intriguing. I am leaning towards 'no'. The only spice I canthink of that works with a vegetarian diet off-hand (besides, well, pepper) is curry. And even then, it's sort of a specialty spice that is utterly ruined if you go overboard...

But my last curry afficionado seasoned his food like a smoker, as the saying goes.

Without having tasted this jerk, I can only surmise it would work with potato (maybe), veggie chili, and maybe dried apples. The apples would have to be very lightly seasoned though, and this is based off of chili mango so it may not apply at all.

Also, I am going to pool monies and see if I can get your veggie lasagna to work. I'm hoping of the five-ish people I'll get to try it, it will appeal to at least one1 of us.

And while I am still waiting to hear how your texmex adventures went, I realize I should probably look into carnivorous texmex first.

-

In completely unrelated news, I am unsure whether to draw/submit a picture of myself with bed head (well, mane) or a picture of Shimmer with bed mane (and accompanying ropes).

Ah hay, never mind. The point of this exercise is to get more pictures of Shimmer and ms. Lining in ropes, right? Have a me bed-head until then as filler.

Spoiler
    Show

1 we are predominantly carnivorous.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-06-03 at 09:10 PM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Jerk is a seasoning of allspice and scotch bonnet pepper. It is a common seasoning in carribean countries. You typically rub it on meats and it's very very very hot
    Why the heck would you want to put something like that on oatmeal, then? It doesn't sound like a very appitizing mix.

Also, why would Pinkie Pie object to oatmeal muffins anyways? That sounds pretty good to me. Not enough sugar, perhaps?

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Hmmm, now that you've shown me location, I only have to find/kidnap a mod or break into your account and it will never have been
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]

You keep telling yourself that.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-06-03 at 09:58 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    Also I am relatively certain that I would do ANYTHING if it was in a fluttershy pic.

She's the cutest.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if it ever entered Fluttershy's head, her fan-army could establish her as benevolent dictator for life of, well, anywhere actually.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

The reflections are all wrong. Clearly photoshopped.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]

Don't know what you're talking about.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

I know by the avatars and having seen quite a few tonberrians in my time.

In Misted Stage-related news, it turns out that the solution to writer's block is to write, scrap, write, scrap, write, scrap, all day, until you run out of bad ways to tell the story.

I may have this up on ED yet, epilogue and all!

G'night, bronies, and may dreams of fanfics dance through your heads!
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]

*Saves*

And I have come to a conclusion! I really hate Rarity's eyes. WHY WON'T YOU LOOK RIGHT?! *Stabs half-finished Rarity picture*
    I swear between that and her hair I'm half tempted to put my current work on hold and put her through the wash for the Daily Draw.
    Last edited by Kyouhen; 2011-06-03 at 10:56 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Don't know what you're talking about.
    No wait, it says it's legit. It must be true. A picture wouldn't lie to me, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    In Misted Stage-related news, it turns out that the solution to writer's block is to write, scrap, write, scrap, write, scrap, all day, until you run out of bad ways to tell the story.

I may have this up on ED yet, epilogue and all!

G'night, bronies, and may dreams of fanfics dance through your heads!
    Yeah, sometimes writing become a process of elimination. Keep at it! Believe in the us that believe in you! Remember the Alamo! Don't stop believing! Cheese it, the fuzz! Why am I yelling? Keep writing!

In other fic-related news, I cannot believe I honestly thought that this mess I'm writing would be short. I thought it could be three pseudo-chapters (too short to be chapters proper) that together, would be the length of a decent story. Maybe a few pages in Word. I'm at 1,500 words, three pages, and I've maybe finished the first part. The shortest part.

Meep.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

Waitaminute. You're an Equestria Daily pre-reader, right? Should I be sucking up to you or Phoe?
    I accept any and all bribes. That doesn't mean I'll break my code if I think it sucks, but I do take them.

Basically, if it isn't up to standards, you'll be told why and what you can do about it. Since I "know" you, I'll conceivably give you a critique/editing work on the thread here (unless it's the Kingdom Hearts fic. I'm so behind on those games that I don't even know what an Axel is. I'd be no help.)
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I accept any and all bribes. That doesn't mean I'll break my code if I think it sucks, but I do take them.

Basically, if it isn't up to standards, you'll be told why and what you can do about it. Since I "know" you, I'll conceivably give you a critique/editing work on the thread here (unless it's the Kingdom Hearts fic. I'm so behind on those games that I don't even know what an Axel is. I'd be no help.)
    Expect a stack of cupcakes in your mail shortly.

What? The pink one told me it'll work. She looked legit.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-06-03 at 10:56 PM.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post

Equestrian Hearts should cover roughly the same story as the first game. It'll be long, though, since each world is basically going to turn into a fanfic of that movie + ponies + Donald & Goofy, rather than the exceedingly brief summary that the game did. With my writing speed, you'll definitely have time to catch up.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-06-03 at 11:07 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Expect a stack of cupcakes in your mail shortly.

What? The pink one told me it'll work. She looked legit.
    The pink one gives good advice. Listen to the pink one. Trust me on this one. Easier that way. The pink one will never give up. The pink one keeps trying forever.

*eyes cross slightly, continues eating delicious party cake*
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-06-03 at 11:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

Equestrian Hearts should cover roughly the same story as the first game. It'll be long, though, since each world is basically going to turn into a fanfic of that movie + ponies + Donald & Goofy, rather than the exceedingly brief summary that the game did. With my writing speed, you'll definitely have time to catch up.
    I hope it's not a 10,000 words story per world. Why, you'll outword Fallout: Equestria with that kind of story. Also, I fully support Equestria being one of the worlds swallowed in darkness.

The pink one gives good advice. Listen to the pink one. Trust me on this one. Easier that way. The pink one will never give up. The pink one keeps trying forever.

*eyes cross slightly, continues eating delicious party cake*
    I... I live to obey the pink one.

*gingerly accepts the cupcake*

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Finished another Repo!ny. This one's slightly more disturbing than the previous ones though, and after people's reaction to that Fluttershy pic that went up not too long ago I'm reluctant to actually post it in the thread. Here's a link instead.

Only two more Repo!nies left!

20. - Top - End - #770
    Banned

Artist Training Grounds Why Is That There Edition
    (or
    "Ropes seem to be out to get you, don't they?")

Spoiler
    Show
    I must confess, this was far more fun than it had any right to be. I think that's what hooked me; contriving to put a pony in bonds is as much fun as drawing a pony in bonds is as much fun as seeing a pony in bonds. I suspect this would work for pretty much anything, too, and "pony" just so happens to be the noun of the hour.

Warning: 3 images
    Spoiler
    Show

So I am having an easier and easier time doodling these. I am internalizing pony anatomy and stylistic preferences. They keep shifting, but I'm noticing longer bodies and limbs than is 'canon'. I struggle to avoid anatomy affecting the faces though - there is a charm to toe circle heads with beaks, an elegance to the lines which appeals to me.

Kyouhen, good work. I am surprised by your fidelity to pony side over the repo side, though. Graverobber Dash could use a touch more graverobber, a little less rainbow. I thought about the others though, and you've really got the essence of it, especially Gilda. Hm. Perhaps I'm being too hard on the subject matter?

Regardless, stellar work. I like the thought that Rarity and Trixie become friends around the time that Rarity starts to wear Trixie's face. It seems appropriate(ly creepy)

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

(or

Spoiler
    Show
    I must confess, this was far more fun than it had any right to be. I think that's what hooked me; contriving to put a pony in bonds is as much fun as drawing a pony in bonds is as much fun as seeing a pony in bonds. I suspect this would work for pretty much anything, too, and "pony" just so happens to be the noun of the hour.

Spoiler
    Show

So I am having an easier and easier time doodling these. I am internalizing pony anatomy and stylistic preferences. They keep shifting, but I'm noticing longer bodies and limbs than is 'canon'. I struggle to avoid anatomy affecting the faces though - there is a charm to toe circle heads with beaks, an elegance to the lines which appeals to me.

Hehe, that's great. I lol'd.

Kyouhen, good work. I am surprised by your fidelity to pony side over the repo side, though. Graverobber Dash could use a touch more graverobber, a little less rainbow. I thought about the others though, and you've really got the essence of it, especially Gilda. Hm. Perhaps I'm being too hard on the subject matter?

Regardless, stellar work. I like the thought that Rarity and Trixie become friends around the time that Rarity starts to wear Trixie's face. It seems appropriate(ly creepy)
    I agree that Graverobber Dash isn't quite there. The big problem is that the graverobber (and most of the characters, actually) has no real defining feature I could use to make it more obvious who he is. I got around the problem with Amber by giving Trixie her bodyguards, and Gilda's ripping her shirt off in a very Luigi fashion. I know that people caught the reference from the Trixie one, because that was the first to end up on ED and I hadn't made the logo until just before it got up there. I'd like to think some people would catch on with Gilda, but I seriously doubt Applejack would be seen as Rotti without the logo.

The best thing I could come up with for the graverobber was his jacket. And apparently I fail at jackets. That thing took me forever to do and I still don't think I got it right. (Same with Rarity's eyes) To help with the lack of defining costumes I'm trying to pick poses that I think are iconic of each of the characters. Something that just sticks out at some point in the movie that people would recognize. In the case of the graverobber it's the point where he slips into sales pitch mode. He's such a cheery fellow when he does that. And Dash looks so happy that I ended up just leaving the jacket and keeping it that way.

I would have given Dash a Zydrate gun to hold instead, but couldn't figure out how to get her to hold it in a pose like that (in the movie the graverobber does that pose after loading the gun) without having her use her mouth, and I really wanted that big smile.

By all means if you have any ideas on how to improve these feel free to speak up. I'm not an artist and if there's a better way for me to do something I'm more than happy to try it.

Also not quite sure I understand what you mean by the fidelity thing...

22. - Top - End - #772
    Colossus in the Playground

(or

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Bwuahahahahaha! I love the gradual zoomout and the ever-increasing implications of the three pictures in that order

Also, DAMMIT INTERNET. With luck, Hound p4 is finished in the next hour or so.

On the plus side, I did manage to figure out how to slip some Phoe Bondage in, in the next chapter or the one after.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-06-04 at 01:16 AM.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

(or

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

I'll just... save these other ones then, shall I? >.>

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

It's Always Sunny In Fillydelphia: "Chapter 1."

I say "Chapter 1" because I intend to release it all as a single part. However, this is the first draft of the first draft. Soarin hasn't even shown up yet. If what I have is giving anyone misgivings so far, I'd like to know. This will be a longer one than I originally anticipated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...FE/edit?hl=en#
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

25. - Top - End - #775
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    I agree that Graverobber Dash isn't quite there. The big problem is that the graverobber (and most of the characters, actually) has no real defining feature I could use to make it more obvious who he is.
    I know. That's why I didn't give you any solid critique - I didn't really have any.
    From watching it yesterday, I can say the Graverobber's blackened lips and eye shadow might work, maybe. Mag was very bird-like, which is impossible to show without movement. Gilduigi is awesome as is (maybe more sneer?), pinkie... Pinkie is fine. You're right though, it's hard to merge characters of such distinct styles.

By all means if you have any ideas on how to improve these feel free to speak up. I'm not an artist and if there's a better way for me to do something I'm more than happy to try it.

Also not quite sure I understand what you mean by the fidelity thing...
    Fidelity, like... You ... Hm. Fidelity like loyalty/accuracy. You. I actually don't know how to explain it

Fidelity to a concept is high accuracy and loyalty to a concept. So fidelity to the pony side would mean you are being very true to the source pony material. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I'll just... save these other ones then, shall I? >.>
    Sorry about the mini-comic explaining the set-up being so small. I tried to imply stretching and getting a hoof caught in the rope. I also think the close-up WHUMP face would be an accurate reaction image for when you are finally done and don't have to stay up until 03:00 every morning :)

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Bwuahahahahaha! I love the gradual zoomout and the ever-increasing implications of the three pictures in that order

Also, DAMMIT INTERNET. With luck, Hound p4 is finished in the next hour or so.

On the plus side, I did manage to figure out how to slip some Phoe Bondage in, in the next chapter or the one after.
    Nice. I'll have something to look forward to reading after my early final.

I'm putting the finishing touches on a chapter, too. Does it count as a bondage reference if the character got tangled up while trapped headfirst in a book shaped portal?

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

With all of you slipping in bondage references one way or another, I'm so going to find a way to slip one into my fic as well.

I swear, the Phoe commands it.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Banned

which reminds me. Phoe, two ponies "making music together"? But I need to draw something that's board appropriate.

It's like you're teasing us.

Which brings me to my next point.

Kairaven!
    add a musical instrument (poorly shop in a lyre, that should work) and submit your Thangol/Raz_Fox Hark! A vagrant comic as a parody, of them making music together.

I will give you a cookie, if you do.
    I will give you ALL the cookies. All of them.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-06-04 at 04:15 AM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Colossus in the Playground

Hound of Ponyville Update!
    Study in Rainbows and Parts 1-2
    Part 3: Lanterns in the Mist
    Part 4: The Butterfly's Decision

BAM!

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Why the heck would you want to put something like that on oatmeal, then? It doesn't sound like a very appitizing mix.

Also, why would Pinkie Pie object to oatmeal muffins anyways? That sounds pretty good to me. Not enough sugar, perhaps?
    I'm half Grenedian and Half Southern (US), saucing and dry rubs are implanted in my DNA.

I'm still trying to make hay delicous, I will succeed!
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater