New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default When life gives you lemons, burn Life's house down, with the lemons! (3.5, Spell)

Combustible Lemons!
    Evocation (Acid, Fire)
    Sor/Wiz 2, Cleric 2
    Components: V,S,M (a lemon)
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Close
    Target: One creature
    Save: Fortitude Partial
    SR: No

Filling a lemon with your hatred, you launch it at your target. Oh yeah, it's on fire too. A ranged touch attack is required to hit your foe, and a successful hit deals 1d8+1/2 caster levels each in acid and fire damage as the lemon explodes. Everything else in a 10 foot radius takes 1 point each of acid and fire damage as well. A target struck by a combustible lemon must also make a Fortitude save or be blinded for 1 round as the juice gets in their eyes. If you land a critical hit with the lemon, the blinding effect is instead instantaneous and lasts until cured, provided they fail their save.

So, what do you think? Does this appropriately channel Cave Johnson's fury?
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: When life gives you lemons, burn Life's house down, with the lemons! (3.5, Spell)

For something that's supposed to burn life's house down, it seems to do most of its damage to a single target.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: When life gives you lemons, burn Life's house down, with the lemons! (3.5, Spell)

I'll write up a 9th level version in order to achieve just that.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    I'll write up a 9th level version in order to achieve just that.
    Good point, you need your engineers to develop it, that takes time. This is clearly just a prototype.

Are we also going to get "Summon Mantis Man Army", or "Blood to Gasoline Ray"?
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll see what I can do.
    ^~Cody T.~^

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Good point, you need your engineers to develop it, that takes time. This is clearly just a prototype.

Are we also going to get "Summon Mantis Man Army", or "Blood to Gasoline Ray"?
    Hm. Would they explode after that second one if you hit a cut on them with something fire based?