New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 6: Jiggity Jig

[Wolfy's Realm]

Meanwhile, over at the side of the field distinctly lacking kisses, a little silver iguana snuffles its head out from a pile of heavy covers.
    Karaglen doesn't remember shifting back to her natural state, but apparently it had happened at some point during her sleep.

She doesn't leave her bed, at the moment.
    Simply pokes her head out from under the blankets, to give a vague look around.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Alligator Hotel]

Blaine has been busy as of late.

Guess who he has been stalking?

That's right.

Star.

He's coming for you!

Worst of all, he is carrying a black briefcase.

Black Briefcases = Bad News

Blaine attempts to gain access to the building, stride into the elevator, and simply ride it to the roof!

He needs a dramatic entrance to properly start this party.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Alligator Hotel

Unfortunately for Blaine, he failed to take in one very important fact. The elevator is trapped. The moment he selects a floor, the thick metal doors will slide shut, sealing him in, sealing his fate, the polished, mirrored walls reflecting his horror back in upon him.

And then, as the elevator begins to ascend.....

Elevator Muzak!!!
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [The Nest]

Rael picks up the blood, magically examining it.

Once he's done so, it will remain floating in the air in front of him, while he peruses the designs.

He'll choose whichever of them seems most likely to be impressive in its creation; he really can do this, but there's no reason not to try and wow the customer a bit.

What's it look like?
    The blood shows traces of magic having been used in its creation, and has nanobots inside with the sole purpose of keeping the blood fresh.

The variations prove to be different members of the same species. Maybe Phil was hoping for ethnic variation similar to that of most other humanoid races?
    The 'people' Phil has designed have a slightly muscled look to them are, and while they aren't what one would call slender, they aren't fat, either. Their faces are rather wide and sloped, but smoothed, sort of like a yuan-ti pureblood's, and their skin (which comes in variations of alabaster, blue, orange, and pitch black) has thin lines etched into it that runs all along their bodies. They all have shining green-grey eyes and wavy or curly metallic colored hair.
    The 'people's' outer ears are lightly ridged, like a ruffle's chip () and several notes mention that the ear frills should be able to open and close and wriggle about like a blue dragon's. Another unique aspect is that each one of them, a few inches back from their hairline and leading from the top of their heads to their ears, has a circlet of horns or a webbed circlet of horns or a frill. According to Phil's notes, these should be able to raise and lowervia muscle twitches.
    The topsides of their fingers all seem to be covered in a thin layer of some rough, bony grey substance, and their toes are longer than a human's and designed to be better for balance and getting a foothold.

At the top of the notes is written tíre geal-bright folk.

And near the bottom is a biological missive on them that has obviously been exhaustively researched and carefully written.

"Is it all possible to give them random but happy childhood memories so as to avoid psychological issues, or will I have to do that with SCIENCE?"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Alligator Hotel]

Oh gods!

Not elevator music! Anything but elevator music!

Blaine somehow manages to endure the trap without ripping his ears off.

I don't know how he did that! He is truly a fearsome warrior!

When Blaine reaches the roof, he'll prepare to rappel right into Star's room!

If this goes on without a hitch, Blaine will attempt to rappel right through Star's window! As soon as (and if) Blaine catches sight of Star, he'll attempt to zap him with a tazer.

Hooray for nonlethal weaponry!

6. - Top - End - #1356

The Alligator Hotel

"Holy [CENSORED]!" Is roughly the Star's reaction to Blaine rappeling through his window, and the musical miscreant hurls himself out of the way, trying to both avoid the broken glass flying everywhere and reach his guitar where it lies on the bed. He manages to make it about halfway there, hand reaching into his coat pocket to grab his guitar pick, before being tasered.

Dropping to the floor, briefly stunned but not unconscious just yet, Marleone spits out more swear words, less intelligibly this time. "W- grrrk, what the hell? Urggg... You- You can't just burst into someone's home, you punk! Ther- There are rules!"

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Orc in the Playground

The Nest- Small Child

The small girl smells of human child, the Formerly Totally Safe Park, slightly Reinholdt and possibly of the D'lattu that brought her. Of the transformative magics that resulted in her current gender, I don't know if there's a trace. If there is, they are likely disguised, or at least masked, by the greater transformative magic which resulted in her current species and age.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Alligator Hotel]

Blaine smirks.

Excellent!

He attempts to toss his briefcase to the side and walk over to Star's guitar. If he can manage to do so, he'll attempt to pick it up, stroll right over to Star, say

"I'm chaotic. Rules mean nothing to me.",

and then attempt break The Star's guitar over The Star's head.

Ouchie!

He does need The Star unconscious to start his musical torture, after all.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-08-13 at 03:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1359

The Alligator Hotel

As Blaine walks past the Star, the villainous virtuoso quickly aims a kick a the psychic's leg, his hand clenching down on the silver guitar chip in his hand, the sharp point drawing blood. "#%;@ you. There are rules that were made to be broken, but this sure as hell isn't one!" He shouts, trying to roll back onto his feet, free hand reaching for the gun clipped to his belt.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Alligator Hotel]

Blaine is kicked. He steps backwards as he is hit to minimize the force of the blow.

That's still going to leave one nasty bruise!

Blaine attempts to make good use of his kinesis by trying to release the clip from Star's pistol so that the subpar singer won't have any bullets to fire at him!

11. - Top - End - #1361

The Alligator Hotel

The clip is released, falling out of the gun and to the floor, which doesn't actually hinder the Star's plans all that much as he turns and tries to pistol whip Blaine's skull. The reprobate rockstar isn't that great of a fighter, actually. Certainly, he knows enough to hold his own but he hasn't exactly trained extensively, nor is his strength all that exceptional.

He does, however, know how to fight dirty, and a second later the possible pistol-whipping is followed up by a knee aimed at Blaine's groin.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Alligator Hotel]

Blaine will attempt to block the pistol whipping by quickly raising his forearm to obstruct Star's arm movement by positioning it in the path of the callow chorus man's swinging forearm. He'll simultaneously attempt to slam his other fist right into Star's breadbasket three times.

If that does not stagger Star, Blaine will be brought to his knees by the groin attack!

"Aiieee!"

I feel sorry for Blaine.

I really do. Not really. He had it coming.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-08-13 at 07:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1363

The Alligator Hotel

The proper term is chorister!!

Marleone gets punched in the guts. A lot. He reels backward, arm over his stomach, dropping the blood-stained silver guitar chip to the floor as he does so. If he's given a chance to recover, which I doubt he will, he will grab his guitar and swing it at Blaine, knowing that the axe is pretty near indestructible.

If not, presumably the nefarious nightingale is about to get the stuffing beat out of him. Meanwhile, on the floor, the blood on the guitar pick eats away at the floor, steaming and boiling as the runes on the pick begin to activate.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Alligator Hotel]

That may be so, but the phrase chorus man sounds more threatening than chorister. It helps justify Blaine's actions (however wrong they are)!

I didn't make a mistake!

>.>.<.<

Nope!

Blaine will attempt to tackle Star before he can make another move! He'll attempt to put him in a headlock and strangle him into unconsciousness!

Blaine will try not to damage Star all that much. Star didn't deserve death for what he did.

He did deserve to be thoroughly punished, though.

15. - Top - End - #1365

The Alligator Hotel

The Star grits his teeth as he's grabbed and strangled, but he's dealt with this before. He tries to slam his elbow into Blaine's gut, at the same time moving his left leg to behind both of his opponent's, before hurling all his weight backwards. The end result should be Blaine tripping over the Star's leg as she shoved backwards, and both of them falling, hopefully forcing the psion to release the pernicious poet.

The blood around the silver pick is beginning to rise off the floor, twisting and taking shape. Blaine, if he isn't busy being tripped, which is unlikely, will probably want to stop that, especially if he can sense magic, in which case he'll likely notice both abyssal and summoning magics at work.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Alligator Hotel]

Blaine is tripped and hit! He expected as much.

He winces as his back hits the floor. He manages to avoid smashing his head open against the floor, though. His grip on Star slackens. Star could probably wriggle out of the headlock, if he really wanted to.

But Blaine has a plan.

Remember those glass shards that were created when the window was shattered?

Blaine attempts to kinetically scoop a few of them up and have them hover only a few inches away from The Star's right eye.

There is a bit of a delay before this action takes place, however. Star might have a chance to seize his guitar.

"Stop!"

Blaine doesn't yet notice the summoning...
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-08-13 at 10:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Wolfy's Realm]

Meanwhile, over at the side of the field distinctly lacking kisses, a little silver iguana snuffles its head out from a pile of heavy covers.
    Karaglen doesn't remember shifting back to her natural state, but apparently it had happened at some point during her sleep.

She doesn't leave her bed, at the moment.
    Simply pokes her head out from under the blankets, to give a vague look around.
    She'll see Wolfy in a bed with another woman across the clearing, and he looks up when she peeks out. With a smile, he gets out of the bed, wearing shorts, and heads over to Karaglen. "Good morning. I hope you're feeling better. Do you need food or anything?"

18. - Top - End - #1368

The Alligator Hotel

Star does indeed pull free and roll out of Blaine's grasp, but he doesn't go for his guitar, it's too far away. Instead he deactivates the safety on his handgun with his thumb, at the same time aiming the weapon point blank at Blaine's head, hoping that the psion is something that will die from one bullet through the brain. Magazine or none, the gun still has one chambered round. "Stop, right th- is about how far Star gets before he suddeny finds several jagged shards of very sharp glass aimed at his eye.

The villainous vocalist's victorious smirk twists into a grimace of annoyance, but he knows he's still in the lead, so to speak. "Kay. Stalemate. I'd rather not lose my eye, but if those shards move a centimeter closer your head will be a bloody stain on the floor... So, let's say we talk this out, nice and peaceful, starting with you dropping the glass.." He says slowly, not entirely managing to disguise the hint of fear in his words, trying to keep Blaine's attention away from the other corner of the room, where three shadowy figures are beginning to form.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-08-13 at 11:42 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Alligator Hotel]

"I don't think that I'll be dropping those shards anytime soon."

"That would break the stalemate."

"I've come to your drab, little home to ask you one question."

"Why?"

Blaine holds his position. His voice has that nice, agitated quality to it begging for Star to "make my day."

He doesn't have anything to live for anyway. Why not die at the hand of a worthy foe? Leave this world knowing that you tried to make a difference.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    The blood shows traces of magic having been used in its creation, and has nanobots inside with the sole purpose of keeping the blood fresh.

The variations prove to be different members of the same species. Maybe Phil was hoping for ethnic variation similar to that of most other humanoid races?
    The 'people' Phil has designed have a slightly muscled look to them are, and while they aren't what one would call slender, they aren't fat, either. Their faces are rather wide and sloped, but smoothed, sort of like a yuan-ti pureblood's, and their skin (which comes in variations of alabaster, blue, orange, and pitch black) has thin lines etched into it that runs all along their bodies. They all have shining green-grey eyes and wavy or curly metallic colored hair.
    The 'people's' outer ears are lightly ridged, like a ruffle's chip () and several notes mention that the ear frills should be able to open and close and wriggle about like a blue dragon's. Another unique aspect is that each one of them, a few inches back from their hairline and leading from the top of their heads to their ears, has a circlet of horns or a webbed circlet of horns or a frill. According to Phil's notes, these should be able to raise and lowervia muscle twitches.
    The topsides of their fingers all seem to be covered in a thin layer of some rough, bony grey substance, and their toes are longer than a human's and designed to be better for balance and getting a foothold.

At the top of the notes is written tíre geal-bright folk.

And near the bottom is a biological missive on them that has obviously been exhaustively researched and carefully written.

"Is it all possible to give them random but happy childhood memories so as to avoid psychological issues, or will I have to do that with SCIENCE?"

"Yes. That's standard until they start reproducing on their own."

He chooses a male of whatever variation you choose, while also sending a D'Lattu off for clothes that will fit the new creature.

How much blood is there, anyway? Rael needs an amount equal to the mass of the creature to create it.

21. - Top - End - #1371

The Alligator Hotel

"Why do I go around singing and looting and stirring up chaos? That's an easy one. Cause mayhem it's fun. Plus, the pay is great, I get publicity, and I get to spend time with my kid while I'm at it. It's basically my dream job." The Star says, aim not wavering even as his three fiendish bandmates materialize fully and.... Well, they just kinda wait to see how this plays out, one leaning against the wall, the other stealing the Star's chair, and the last one actually walks out of the room entirely to go grab some popcorn. Stupid demonic roadies.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes. That's standard until they start reproducing on their own."

He chooses a male of whatever variation you choose, while also sending a D'Lattu off for clothes that will fit the new creature.

How much blood is there, anyway? Rael needs an amount equal to the mass of the creature to create it.
    There looks to be only enough for ten or twelve in the hovercart, but each timw a vial is reclosed after being emptied, more teleports in from Phil's warehouse.

"Ah, good," Phil watches withe awe as a tall, strong male with shining blue skin, golden hair, and twisting horns is created.
    "Holy ****e...that...is...amazing..."

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

There looks to be only enough for ten or twelve in the hovercart, but each timw a vial is reclosed after being emptied, more teleports in from Phil's warehouse.

"Ah, good," Phil watches withe awe as a tall, strong male with shining blue skin, golden hair, and twisting horns is created.
    "Holy ****e...that...is...amazing..."
    "Thanks. How many will you need?"

He says this as he makes five females, and another four males, of the same sort.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

The Nest

"How many can you make? Is there a way to automate the process? I mean, if I get at least 25 healthy members of each gender, I can use cloning machines with a few modifications to make the rest, but that takes longer. Heck, if you can somehow make a bunch at once and somehow randomize it from among the variations in the designs, I'll see what I can do about quadrupling your payment," Phil rants.

(Recaiden) He lives!

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

The Nest

"How many can you make? Is there a way to automate the process? I mean, if I get at least 25 healthy members of each gender, I can use cloning machines with a few modifications to make the rest, but that takes longer. Heck, if you can somehow make a bunch at once and somehow randomize it from among the variations in the designs, I'll see what I can do about quadrupling your payment," Phil rants.
    [The Nest]

"As many as I have the blood for. Certainly, I could make them from amongst all variations."

He creates another ten, this time a male and a female of each variation he hasn't already made one from yet, if ten is enough to do so.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-14 at 01:09 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

The Nest

Ten is enough to cover the rest of the pictures Phil made, but just like any other race, it would takes thousands to truly cover all variations.

"Well..." Phil rubs the back of his head, "I may have gone overboard...I made enough for 3000 of each gender...so...uh...exactly how many lasers did you want per body? Because you may want something else as wel, or you'll wind up buried in weapons you don't have enough people to use."

(Recaiden) He lives!

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Nest]

"Two works. In exchange for, say, a hundred bodies, would you be willing to offer someone shelter from the Tyranid hive mind for a short time if she needed it?

Also, in exchange for ten, could you tell me if there's a temple of slaanesh in the city, and, if so, where it is?"

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Alligator Hotel]

"Life seems so fun right now, doesn't it?"

"You're happy! You get to do whatever you want, right?"

"Did you ever stop to think about how your actions influence others?"

"I take it that you have."

"Tell me, sir, do you even care about other people? Have you ever entertained the notion that you might not be the only person ever to have lived on any plane?"

"How many people die in the Red Zone on average each day? How many of them were ****ed over by a base conman like you?"

"Did these people breathe?"
    "Did they think?"
    "Did she have a soul?"
    "Did he feel?"
    "When your cold, metal shank sank deep into their breast, did they bleed like fat hogs?"

"Were they any different from you?"

"So you say they were? They were your lessers, weren't they. They got what was coming to them. If they weren't such idiots, they would have been fine."

"They were inferior. You did the world a service by wrecking them."

"Not just their finances. No, that wasn't a fitting punishment!"

"You warped their minds. Taught them that crime was cool."

"People like you are an inspiration to every aspiring pusher. Every savage murderer. Every brutish rapist."

"And for what? For cheap thrills and quick cash!"

"Why don't you do us both a favor."

The shards of glass under Blaine's control drop out of the air, falling to the floor with an irresolute tinkle.

Blaine stares deep into The Star's eyes with his own burning coals of...of pity?

"Cut out the middleman."

"Shoot."

"Me."

"Now."

"You'll feel better after I'm dead."

"I promise."

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Nest]

"Two works. In exchange for, say, a hundred bodies, would you be willing to offer someone shelter from the Tyranid hive mind for a short time if she needed it?

Also, in exchange for ten, could you tell me if there's a temple of slaanesh in the city, and, if so, where it is?"
    "Hell, I could send bots to distract and attack the tyranid hives if you wanted. And I know about the masks...but they're good at avoiding being followed. All I know is that they're in the red zone and like to sacrifice thieves and hobos. And the hobo part is mostly rumor."

(Recaiden) He lives!

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Nest]

"Interesting. Also, would the chance to study a genestealer with individuality be of value to you? That is the person that would be being protected."

Rael has, by this point, created another group of the same sort as the last one, and stops for the moment.

The D'Lattu returns with clothing for all of the new people.