New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    They're 15 gold each. Call it 25 for the pair. 20 if he has a brother and I get the address."
    Godot smiles. As she's rooting in her bag for the coins, she smiles at the somehow-familiar exchange between the gnome and the neighbouring Tobias. Ah, it was like being home again. She slides in as Rhion pulls Derk away.

"I find that a veneer of sensibility helps keep the berks calm, don't you?"

She slides five platinum coins across to the crockery gnome, and then extends her hand in greeting.

"Godot Samuels, by the way. You can officially count me a fan. And you are?"

She tucks her pair of pepper mills away in her bag.

"It would seem we've lost tall and dark and tall and golden. No accounting for taste."

She winces as the sound of smashing glass comes from nearby. Godot arches an eyebrow.

"Ah, I've missed this place. Anything exciting going on lately?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

As Umbriel waits in line, her glowing blue gaze scanning the crowd, there is a sharp caw from the pocket of her robes, and a moment later a bird appears in the air next to her. Like its mistress, it appears sculpted from air, and its beady eyes glow the same lurid blue. It flaps its wings furiously as it clumsily half-flies, half-climbs up to Umbriel's shoulder, and sinks its claws into the thick pad there sewn into her robes there.

"Well, well. Sigil, is it then?" the bird croaks quietly in Infernal. It tilts its head, looking up at the arch of the city overhead. "So she sees, Valthrax does. Hasn't been here for long time."

Umbriel raises an eyebrow, and delicately smooths the ruffled feathers on the bird's wing. "You've visited the city before? Not with me." Her own Infernal is fluent, with a slight Dis accent.

Valthrax shakes her wings and shifts her weight from claw to claw. A sliver of distress passes to Umbriel through their empathic bond. "Not remembering well. Before the dark time."

"Ah." Umbriel strokes the raven's head lightly, and they stand in silence for a moment. "Perhaps we can get you one of those interesting-looking sweetmeats," Umbriel suggests, her voice dry. Eyeballs, perhaps. "My drink first, though."

Valthrax looks around, shuffles over next to Umbriel's ear, and whispers into it, "Umber is watching the man with all the shiny rings, yes?" The familiar's tone is frankly covetous. Umbriel snorts, and closes the raven's beak firmly with two fingers. The bird is a useful tool, and she has rarely regretted the impulse that led her to rescue the creature after its previous master's death in battle, but teaching her discretion has proved a long and wearisome task. And not done yet, evidently. It would be nice if her wits matched her loyalty. Nonetheless, Umbriel sends fondness through their empathic bond.

At the crash of glass from the nearby stall, both their heads snap around. Umbriel sighs quietly in exasperation as she sees the cause of the disturbance, and turns back immediately to watching Kalinar and the woman in black velvet, but Valthrax appears fascinated by the glittering broken glass.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-06-14 at 11:33 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Saffron feeds the spiced and blackened lizard to Gylda, who greedily grabs it in the tiny claws at the joint of her massive wings and begins eating it whole. She strokes the beasts head and behind its large ears until she suddenly hears a crash. She looks up to see Simon knocking over approximately half the glassware in Sigil. He was obviously trying to spy on someone...such things should be left to the professionals.

"Gylda: stay, hide," Saffron commands her friend. She then slips back out of the alleyway, looking for some indication of who her stone ally was spying on--and more importantly, where they went.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 on Handle Animal gives me more than enough for a simple command.

Gylda's Hide check: (1d20+9)[28]

Then trying to see if I can tell who Samuel was watching and/or where they went.

Spot: (1d20+23)[43]
    Congratulations, you can link to TV Tropes. This does not mean you have special insight into the storytelling process, much less the author's mind. Stories don't need to fit into neat boxes, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Spod has it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasilich View Post
    You not reading the comic isn't going to make this comic any less awesome for all the rest of us.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Rhion's grin broadens even more for a moment, but then disappears as he taps his chin thoughtfully.

"She's obviously attracted to your good looks, but since you're 'unavailable' (hint: Godot), she thinks she could have a chance with someone as handsome as you, but, you know, available. Hence, your brother."

He pauses for a moment, and then shrugs casually.

"That's what I got anyway."
    Well...Isn't that forward?

As the glass shatters further on, Derk turns and sais to Rhion: Ogh, poor Simon...I have that a lot too...

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, everyone has their quirks," Rhion responds, watching Simon crash his way through one of the stalls as he speaks. He slowly gestures at their construct companion as if to prove his point.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Sthrer rolls her eyes at the others' antics, then buys herself a small piece of honey candy.

Honestly, these people are kind of pathetic. Looks like they'll need my help to get anywhere!
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2011-06-14 at 05:01 PM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Godot smiles. As she's rooting in her bag for the coins, she smiles at the somehow-familiar exchange between the gnome and the neighbouring Tobias. Ah, it was like being home again. She slides in as Rhion pulls Derk away.

"I find that a veneer of sensibility helps keep the berks calm, don't you?"

She slides five platinum coins across to the crockery gnome, and then extends her hand in greeting.

"Godot Samuels, by the way. You can officially count me a fan. And you are?"
    The chaos gnome covers the hand in her own and replies in formal greeting

Mephirinda Vartale. She intones, as if swearing an oath. Then she grins. I know we're supposed to be so cosmopolitan here in Sigil but it's so good to meet someone with a proper sense of humour.

"It would seem we've lost tall and dark and tall and golden. No accounting for taste."

You're a more familiar sight to them than the city I think. They'll be back. My workshop's just two streets to the north of here. I've got some things there that I can't sell in public. Feel free to drop by, and bring as many of your tall and handsome friends as you like.

I'm afraid I can't offer much good gossip though, unless you actually know any of the people I'd be talking about. The local rats have been fighting eachother, which certainly makes a change. And there's Tashgar's, that new bakery/eatery place that's opened up - supposed to be quite good. But I'm afraid it's been a bit dull. I doubt Sigil has reached sensible though, so it's probably just been holding its breath until you get settled in.

Saffron
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Gylda: stay, hide," Saffron commands her friend. She then slips back out of the alleyway, looking for some indication of who her stone ally was spying on--and more importantly, where they went.

Then trying to see if I can tell who Samuel was watching and/or where they went.

Spot:

---

Kalinor's not hard to spot - he's bearing down on Simon. The lady he was talking to, Nephira, is leaving the market, presumably on some errand. She seems upset as she leaves.

Can you give me a Sense motive please?

Kalinor walks over to the glassware stall, where Simon is assisting in cleanup.

Ah, just the person I wanted to talk to. Oh, some kind of accident? Here, let me pay for the damage.

Without waiting for reply, he flips his heavy pouch onto the ruined counter. A gold peice spills out of the top. He turns to Simon, apparently giving the stall no further thought. The stallholder looks both confused and insulted.

Now, you and your companions seem like a resourceful bunch, so I was wondering if you might be able to help me out with a problem we've run into. That is if some of you would be interested in a little freelancing? It would really help me out...
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-06-14 at 07:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Godot murmurs the bakery name under her breath, to lock it into her brain...at least for a while.

"Got it. Much appreciated. Street food has its charms, but sometimes it's nice to be able to sit back and relax without needing to worry about pickpockets and chamberpots."

She switches briefly to the gnomish tongue.

"May the dance of days please you."

As she steps out of the crockery shop, Godot's smile quickly fades. She sees a couple of her colleagues gathered together with Kalinor again. Who seemed to be buying something fairly expensive. Interesting. She wandered over to listen.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

For Togo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+6)[18]

If she's an Outsider with the Chaotic, Lawful, or Evil subtypes, I get +2, +4, or +6 to this, respectively
    Congratulations, you can link to TV Tropes. This does not mean you have special insight into the storytelling process, much less the author's mind. Stories don't need to fit into neat boxes, you know.
    Spod has it right.
    You not reading the comic isn't going to make this comic any less awesome for all the rest of us.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalinor walks over to the glassware stall, where Simon is assisting in cleanup.

Ah, just the person I wanted to talk to. Oh, some kind of accident? Here, let me pay for the damage.

Without waiting for reply, he flips his heavy pouch onto the ruined counter. A gold peice spills out of the top. He turns to Simon, apparently giving the stall no further thought. The stallholder looks both confused and insulted.

Now, you and your companions seem like a resourceful bunch, so I was wondering if you might be able to help me out with a problem we've run into. That is if some of you would be interested in a little freelancing? It would really help me out...
    Simon stood, and slowly turned towards Kalinor. His stone face read no expression, a trait of his new body that some found disturbing. "Hello again, Kalinor. A pleasure, I'm sure. Thank you for paying for my, erm, mishap. I can be so clumsy sometimes. Freelancing, eh? An intriguing proposition. It would, of course, depend on the job, but I will be sure to bring it up with my companions." His interactions with Kalinor done, Simon went back to helping the vendor clean up the mess. His face softening, Simon inclined his head to the vendor in a gesture of guilt. "I appologize, sir. That was foolish of me. My name is Simon Shadowstalker. I'll be staying in Sigil for awhile. If there's anything I can do to make up for this, please, just contact me. I don't know where I'll be staying yet, but if you leave a message with Rachel Stargazer at the Boar's Head tavern, it will get back to me eventually. Once again, I am terribly sorry for my clumsiness."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Saffron
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: [roll0]

If she's an Outsider with the Chaotic, Lawful, or Evil subtypes, I get +2, +4, or +6 to this, respectively.

----
    You don't notice anything further. Nephira quickly leaves the market.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by THEChanger View Post
    His interactions with Kalinor done, Simon went back to helping the vendor clean up the mess. His face softening, Simon inclined his head to the vendor in a gesture of guilt. "I appologize, sir. That was foolish of me. My name is Simon Shadowstalker. I'll be staying in Sigil for awhile. If there's anything I can do to make up for this, please, just contact me. I don't know where I'll be staying yet, but if you leave a message with Rachel Stargazer at the Boar's Head tavern, it will get back to me eventually. Once again, I am terribly sorry for my clumsiness."
    The stallholder frowns, and then shrugs.

Eh, it's not my glassware, it belongs to the Foundary. Here, dump all that stuff - if it's cracked or chipped, noone will buy it and it will end up as scrap anyway.

He works with you for a minute or two, salvaging what he can.

Look, I'll have to report back to the Foundary about this, and it's not I like I can give them a vague description of you if they ask me. But seeing as his nibs over there is footing the bill, I don't see as how they'll be any trouble over it.

He rises to his feet, picking up the purse as he does so.

Either way, I'd... What in the Blazes!

His cry is echoes by others across the square. High on the rooftop, to the north of the square, a set of hairy legs waves, swiftly followed by the rest of the huge spider. It squats on the rooftop like a malevolant sentry, arranging its limbs as if to spring. On his back, holding the spider's reins in one hand, a human figure sits, He wears a breastplate of black steel, and carries several javelins in a long quiver slung on his back. He holds a short rod from each end of which spring lengths of corruscating energy, sheathed in green curling flames.

A similar figure appears on the rooftops to the east, another to the south, and yet another to the west. As one, they start to urge their mounts forward...
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-06-15 at 08:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Saffron
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+35)[40]

If she's an Outsider with the Chaotic, Lawful, or Evil subtypes, I get +2, +4, or +6 to this, respectively.

----
    You don't notice anything further. Nephira quickly leaves the market.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I follow her, staying out of sight. If necessary, I can resort to tracking.

Hide: (1d20+35)[40]
    Move Silently: (1d20+35)[51]
    Spot: (1d20+23)[42]
    Survival: (1d20+33)[39]

EDIT: Whoops, I had skipped reading your last post before replying, so assume that I only follow her for a few rounds before I hear the commotion. You can put me wherever I would be when the cry of alarm went up.
    Last edited by SPoD; 2011-06-15 at 09:44 PM.
    Spod has it right.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Godot

Godot had been about to find something witty and flattering to say to Kalinor, when she caught sight of the spider and rider. And the spider and rider. And the...oh, crap.

She felt a jolt of energy from Umbriel's direction, spurring her on to quick and decisive action. She looked around the market square, and decided that pretty much no one there would want to get eaten by spiders. And nobody arrives on four rooftops surrounding a square at the same moment in order to launch a parade. So...if she could make all the merchants and customers extra brave, maybe no one would die today.

Godot reeled off one of the first magics she had ever learned, and immediately followed it up with an old childhood saying, delivered at full volume.

"'When the bee sucks, it makes honey; when the spider, poison.' And honey, these spiders suck!"

Drawing her laughably small blade from its belt sheath, she quickly dove under the nearest stall counter. Fortunately, for a gnome, diving under something usually meant ducking your head a bit as you step forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: Casting Inspirational Boost

Standard action: using words of creation and perform (acting), begin to Inspire Courage. By 'allies', she's pretty much including everyone who can hear her except the four guys on spiders. Perform check: (1d20+32)[47], if that's relevant. Everyone gets +8 to attack, damage and will saves vs fear.

Move action: draw dagger while trying to seek out cover among the stalls.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Saffron growls to herself. "Fascinating timing," she mutters. Taking a last look back at her quarry, she draws her sword. In a single fluid motion, it transforms into a metal bow. She draws an arrow and fires it into the closest rider—there's no reason to believe the spiders are anything more than innocent beasts of burden—then repeats the action three more times.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rapid Shot on whichever rider is closest to me; I ignore any cover or concealment as long as its not total cover or concealment.

Attack #1: (1d20+24)[44]
    Damage #1: (1d8+14)[18]

Attack #2: (1d20+24)[32]
    Damage #2: (1d8+14)[22]

Attack #3: (1d20+19)[20]
    Damage #3: (1d8+14)[21]

Attack #4: (1d20+14)[17]
    Damage #4: (1d8+14)[21]

This is assuming they actually are humans; if they're outsiders (especially fiends), then I do a lot more damage.
    Spod has it right.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack #1 is a threat, Attack #3 is a natural 1.

Confirming critical hit: (1d20+24)[37]
    Additional damage if confirmed: (2d8+28)[34]
    Spod has it right.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Since you disclosed the nature of their weapons in the OOC thread and I have the feat to make them as well as ranks in the tied knowledge skill, I am going to assume I know what I am dealing with.
    Am I right that shield spell does not protect either against brilliant energy?

Derk's informal chat with Rhion ends abruptly when he sees the spider riders. His face turns grim as he acts swiftly and falls into a routine he is far more comfortable in than talking about his brother.

He moves a little to the centre of the square while he draws his adamantine flail and shouts: Attention! Rooftops! Four and mount!. Flashes of magical energy are visible. He does everything to make sure he is noticed, in the hope some or all of the foes will aim for him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action to activate Air Devotion (AC30, 18 vs br. energy, does not include haste)
    Standard action to cast resist elements (fire)
    Move action towards centre of square, while drawing weapon (and shouting some)
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2011-06-16 at 02:15 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Spoiler
    Show
    Rapid Shot on whichever rider is closest to me;

That would spider rider EAST

You also get +8 morale bonus to hit and damage from Godot, which you've not included.

That makes it:

Attack #1: 52 (threat 45 confirms)
    Damage #1: 26+50=76

Attack #2: 40
    Damage #2: 30

Attack #3: miss (nat 1)
    Damage #3: -

Attack #4: 25
    Damage #4: 29

For a total of... 135 points of damage. Ouch.
    Let me know if you disagree with the calculations

The spider rider to the east is jerked from his saddle by the uncanny force of the arrows from the tigress' metal bow. He slumps to the rooftop, and slides down, until he dangles by one arm tangled in the reins. The spider sits there, motionless, watching.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Rhion follows Derk's gaze and realizes the situation. Well, not completely at first, not until Saffron opens fire at one of them and drops him like a bird. Rhion, slightly taken aback, forces himself to sigh. The tigress was, all things considered, probably correct on her estimation of the spider riders meaning bad, but probably didn't cut him. You had to be sure.

Well, that time has past, and now, it was open battle. Still, with the obvious power of his companions, he wondered if he was even going to be needed at all. Just to be on the safe side, though, Rhion concentrates and lets two white feathery wings rip out of his back. He flaps the wings once, and deciding that they will serve, simply waits.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to use Eagle's Wings to give Rhion some 60' flight. Rhion also readies a move action to move in front of any unarmed civilian if the riders seem to be targeting one.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2011-06-16 at 04:38 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

At the first tickling on the back of her neck, the first sight of the spiders and their dark-armored riders, Umbriel's hand clenches in a reflexive gesture. The single sharp word that springs from her lips is equally reflexive, entrained by long years of experience. Foresight, singer. Most precious of gifts.

"Awk! Awake! Foes! Fear! Flee!" Valthrax flaps her wings in agitation, cawing loudly in Infernal. At a level look from Umbriel, she settles, shakes her wings again, and cries, again in Infernal, "Death and doom with all speed to those who oppose us!" Those nearby feel time seem to slow down for them, all their movements taking on an unnatural swiftness.

"Valthrax. Pocket," Umbriel orders calmly, but her eyes are as cold as black ice. Minions of the gith. Lady grant me Your blessing of vengeance. But these are not themselves gith, and capture might be more consonant with the laws of Sigil than killing. Neither riders nor mounts have yet attacked, after all.

One wrinkled hand weaves a precise series of arcane gestures as the old mage chants a spell of creation, drawing forth an old, desiccated piece of a black rubbery substance from her spell component pouch. As she works the spell she binds new elements into its structure, weaving the strands used to reshape a simple illusion as the weft through the warp of the more powerful magic. Her brow furrows slightly in concentration as Saffron's swift arrows knock one warrior from his saddle; best to leave him alive for questioning, and in respect for the gnomish girl's vows.

As Umbriel completes her spell and feels the magic snap into reality, her power shaping tentacles to spring up from the rooftops and twine around the spiders and their riders, she steps into the shelter of the Clubs and Licks stall. She mutters through the Message spell,
    "Spiders are undead, their bite saps strength. Riders are human. Ware their blades."
    That last is likely unnecessary, but you never know.

Spoiler
    Show
    Valthrax casts Haste on all nearby party members, herself, Umbriel, Kalinor and Nephira if I can get them (not sure if they're in range), and whichever random bystanders are wearing the most attractive sparkly ornaments, up to a total of 19 targets. She then pops back into her Familiar Pocket.
    Umbriel uses her Ultimate Magus Augmented Casting ability to apply the Sculpt Spell metamagic to Evard's Black Tentacles, burning a L1 beguiler spell (flavor-wise, it's Silent Image, since that has the "cubes" area Umbriel wants). She converts its area to four 10-ft cubes, and places one on each of the spiders. Range is 300ft, so I should have enough to do this.
    Since the riders share their mounts' squares, I believe they should also be grappled, but I don't want to grab the unconscious guy (since the tentacles do lethal damage), so I would like to use Extraordinary Spell Aim to render him unaffected by the spell. Spellcraft check is an auto-pass (DC 29 or 30, depending on whether metamagic increases the DC), but for fun: Spellcraft (1d20+31)[41]. If I can't do this, because he is considered to be in all his mount's squares (and I do want to grab his mount), I won't use ESA, and will accept the penalty if I kill him accidentally.
    Umbriel will then step into the shelter of the Clubs and Licks stall, trying to put at least some cover between her and the riders. If I couldn't ESA the spell, I have a move action left and will try to use it to find better cover.

Grapple checks! (Togo, if you want to roll, my bonus is +28, else see below)
    Spider 1: (1d20+28)[38]
    Spider 2: (1d20+28)[43]
    Spider 3: (1d20+28)[37]
    Spider 4: (1d20+28)[31]
    Rider 1: (1d20+28)[42]
    Rider 2: (1d20+28)[39]
    Rider 3: (1d20+28)[41]
    If they have freedom of movement, this of course does nothing, but I'm hoping my Arcane Sight would've spotted the auras if that was the case. If they pass the grapple checks but don't have FoM, they're still at half speed within the area of the tentacles, which I hope means they won't be able to leap-charge us
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-06-17 at 01:53 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Spider riders being grappled by tentacles
    Spoiler
    Show
    grapple checks to resist grapple
    Rider 1 NORTH (1d20+22)[33]
    Spider 1 NORTH (1d20+20)[28]
    Rider 2 WEST (1d20+22)[30]
    Spider 2 WEST (1d20+20)[33]
    Rider 3 SOUTH (1d20+22)[35]
    Spider 3 SOUTH (1d20+20)[25]
    Spider 4 EAST (1d20+20)[32]

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Spider Rider Results
    Spoiler
    Show

Rider 1 NORTH is grappled
    Spider 1 NORTH is grappled
    Rider 2 WEST is grappled
    Spider 2 WEST is grappled
    Rider 3 SOUTH is grappled
    Spider 3 SOUTH is grappled
    Rider 4 EAST is outside the area of effect
    Spider 4 EAST is NOT grappled
    Umbriel, can you roll damage to those grappled please?

Umbirel, assuming you move slightly towards everyone else, haste will effect everyone in the party except Saffron and Sthrer. Kalinor is there, Nephira isn't - you don't see her anywhere.
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-06-17 at 05:17 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Androse presently had no magic to fire from afar - all he could do was protect the crowds from getting involved. He unrolled the carpet, jumped on, and took to the sky - calling on the crowds to stay back and let the 'professionals' deal with the situation.

From about forty feet in the sky, he observed the situation - trying to get a handle on where he should be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since he doesn't yet have any wands to cast ranged attacks from, he simply tries to shepard the crowd away from the battle zone.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Simon looked towards the riders, evaluating the oncoming attack. Three riders, upon apparently undead spiders. This was something Simon could fight well. First, he moved closer to his companions, so they could benefit from his next action. Thrusting his shield into the air, Simon let loose a burst of positive energy. The energy coalesed around the weapons of him and his allies, empowering them with divine righteousness. With that done, Simon readied his shield: It had a special surprise for enemies he could not reach.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Activating the Glorious Weapons feat: Everybody gets Good weapons within a 60-foot burst. I also move to where this will catch as many allies as possible. This lasts until the end of my next turn: Make the most of it!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Spider riders try to break free
    Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed grapple checks to escape from grapple
    Rider 1 NORTH (1d20+22)[39] versus tentacle (1d20+28)[47]
    Spider 1 NORTH (1d20+20)[21] versus tentacle (1d20+28)[48]
    Rider 2 WEST (1d20+22)[34] versus tentacle (1d20+28)[30]
    Spider 2 WEST (1d20+20)[30] versus tentacle (1d20+28)[32]
    Rider 3 SOUTH (1d20+22)[40] versus tentacle (1d20+28)[47]
    Spider 3 SOUTH (1d20+20)[33] versus tentacle (1d20+28)[29]

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Spider riders try to break free some more
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spider rider 1 NORTH and his spider remain grappled.
    They try to break free again
    Rider 1 NORTH (1d20+17)[18] versus tentacle (1d20+28)[44], and if unsucessful also (1d20+12)[17] versus tentacle (1d20+28)[44]
    Spider 1 NORTH (1d20+15)[22] versus tentacle (1d20+28)[46]

Spider rider 2 WEST is now free and draws a javelin. His spider is grappled, and it tries to break free again
    Spider 2 WEST (1d20+15)[22] versus tentacle (1d20+28)[32]

Spider rider 3 South is grappled, but his spider is not. He tries to break free again, with his spider helping to pull him out (adding +4 for the large size of the mount)
    Rider 3 SOUTH (1d20+21)[36] versus tentacle (1d20+28)[46] and if unsucessful also (1d20+16)[26] versus tenctacle (1d20+28)[38]

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Situation Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spider rider 1 NORTH and his spider are still grappled, wrapped in coils of rubbery black tentacles summoned by Umbriel.

Spider rider 2 WEST is free and has drawn a javelin, but his spider mount remains grappled by tentacles

Spider rider 3 SOUTH is grappled by tentacles. His spider mount has broken free, and is trying to help him break free by sheer momentum

Spider Rider 4 EAST is unconscious (dead?). His spider is delaying.

Everyone has been hasted apart from Saffron and Sethrer.

Kalinor appears to be hiding behind a large mirror from his stall and shows little interest in joining the fight.

The citizens of the city appear to be leaving the square. Rather than the panicked rush you might expect in a normal crowd being attacked by giant spiders, citizens of Sigil appear to be adept at moving swiftly away from danger. Almost as if this kind of thing happens fairly often.

All the PCs may now act.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Saffron is surprised by the ferocity of her own attacks—clearly Umbriel's magic and Godot's...whatever that was...had greatly enhanced her. She would have to be more careful from now on...

She takes aim at the westernmost rider, prepared to switch targets if he fell, and releases her arrows.

Spoiler
    Show
    OK, four more attacks. If the West rider drops, switch to the South rider.

Attack #1: (1d20+36)[39]
    Damage #1: (1d8+26)[29]

Attack #2: (1d20+36)[49]
    Damage #2: (1d8+26)[34]

Attack #3: (1d20+36)[53] -5 = 48
    Damage #3: (1d8+26)[29]

Attack #4: (1d20+36)[56] - 10 = 46 (This is still a threat, though.)
    Damage #4: (1d8+26)[34]

EDIT: Addition error, the third attack should be -5 and the fourth should be -10. Also, the fourth attack is a threat regardless.
    Last edited by SPoD; 2011-06-17 at 07:58 PM.
    Spod has it right.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Confirming critical hit on the fourth arrow:

Attack: (1d20+26)[37]
    Extra damage if successful: (2d8+52)[58]
    Spod has it right.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

As the citizens turned safely away, Androse himself dropped altitude, heading towards the western spider; such a creature, he felt, did not deserve this fate - but it was far better to die than to be enslaved to a monster that would attack randomly. And beyond that - they were undead. They were made of evil, and their only right was to return to the grave.

In one smooth action, he jumped from his carpet from a few feet off the ground, drew his sword (which crackled with an electric pulse and glowed faintly) and slashed at his target while the carpet floated to the ground beside him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Essentially he is using a charge attack against the spider.
    Melee attack: (1d20+14)[31] (forgot the +8, so it ends up being 39)
    Damage: (1d8+5)[7] plus (1d6)[5] electricity (forgot the +8, so it ends up being 15 damage from the sword)
    Last edited by Obrysii; 2011-06-17 at 09:51 PM.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.