New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7324748495051525354555657
Results 1,681 to 1,689 of 1689
  1. - Top - End - #1681
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (IC)

Rhion realizes that he had almost forgotten about the stalls, from their first moments in Sigil. Funny how things turned out, he muses.

Nodding slowly, he makes way for the glassware stall. "Yes, let's start with that."

2. - Top - End - #1682
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

The stall isn't busy, and the young man tending it is bored. He looks up at the looming figure of Rhion above him, and tries to be effect an air of jaded indifference. His scrap of a goatee, clinging to his chin as a token of beard to come, wobbles a bit, and his tally-pencil speeds in its waggling, but otherwise his image of patience in the face of an unbearable tedious world is almost complete.

It's obvious the question puzzles him a little.

Gates? Well yes, of course there are gate - this is Sigil. We are the hub of the entire multiverse you know.

This statement clearly requires the removal of his pince-nez, their examination, and replacement.

There's a gate not 30 yards away, that old arch set into the building with no windows. That is if you want to go to the Outlands. Has one of the factions running it, boarding house and everything. Had a Primey wagon train come through just the other day. But the Outlands is a long walk from anywhere useful.

He drums the pencil a bit, watching it bounce.

The building itself has a gate, apparently, to the City of Night, somewhere in the Deep Ethereal. You could ask the vampires that live there to use it, but dealing with criminals is always chancey.

No,
    he says, giving a reasonable impression of someone who has just come to a realisation, your best bet is really the Foundary itself. They maintain several gates, mostly to the Outer Planes, and their fees are really quite reasonable. He bares his teeth. To members that is.

Other than that you're looking further away, and you might get caught up in the fighting.

3. - Top - End - #1683
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Back at the Compound

A few precious silent seconds tick past.

I'm bored. she says. Again. Her tail curls itself into a loop, and then straightens again.

So.. being like alive and sentient and stuff. She says to Umbriel. How's that work then? Aren't you just a bunch of words invoked into a twisted mockery of life? Is pretty boy here still dressing you in a bunch of outfits and acessories for each mission, or are you kind of your own boss? I mean, he still has to check you out of library each time, right?

She shoots a look at Derk beneath lowered lashes.

And what about you? Ok, so no Inquisition, which is a shame because that high-collared stern look really worked for you. And there's clearly no empire of the Golden Dragon around. So you're what, working for some local diety?

She sighs.

So at least Sthrer's still running the same gig. I mean, ok, not trying to crack open the world and scoop out the insides, but the whole n-dimensional tentacle thing is a classic. Who doesn't like tentacles? I guess the whole ritual at the end of the world isn't happening this time around.

Her tail flexes into a tight loop, then uncurls again.

Still can't work out why you want the mirror though.

Loop, uncurl. Loop uncurl.

I'm bored.

Loop, uncurl.

Can I have a look at the mirror? She says suddenly. Or play with the prisoners? Or something?
    Last edited by Togo; 2014-05-11 at 05:28 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1684
    Troll in the Playground

Derk

Derk sighs as that woman speaks up again. When she adresses him, he shoots her a short disapproving look, but does not think her ramblings are worth a response. When she asks permission to do stuff, he replies without looking at her since he prefers to keep his eyes on his environment, looking for possible danger: "Just shut up, will you?"

5. - Top - End - #1685
    Titan in the Playground

The giant listens to the man's ramblings with patience. At the end, he mumbles "To the Foundary then?" in a low voice that would normally only reverberate within his own head -- but with the keen gnome so near, she might pick that up as well.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2014-05-12 at 01:14 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1686
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not without a better reason than 'because tentacles,' at any rate. I'd do it if it prevented multiversal cascade collapse, maybe, but somehow that doesn't sound very likely."

Sorry, Derk, but she doesn't seem very likely to shut up and Sthrer is bored too.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

7. - Top - End - #1687
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    The giant listens to the man's ramblings with patience. At the end, he mumbles "To the Foundary then?" in a low voice that would normally only reverberate within his own head -- but with the keen gnome so near, she might pick that up as well.
    Godot leans in close to Rhion's ear to whisper.

"Yes, the Foundry sounds good. Who knows? Don't fire giants work in smithies? Maybe we can trade a little of your strength for a little information. Although...taking a mirror to a city of vampires is kind of irresistable."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #1688
    Titan in the Playground

Rhion chuckles at the vampire idea, and seems to consider the smithing proposal for a moment.

"If it wouldn't take too long, I guess."

With that, he makes his way to the Foundry.

9. - Top - End - #1689
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: Closed for Length. Restart if you haven't already. I suggest copy/pasting this threads location for reference.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.