New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony X: We Trot 'til We Drop

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    It makes me sad, but only because erstwhile beautiful names are wasted on wickedly ugly people. Sanctity was a raging monarchial... Pejorative. Hm. My Equestrian has fallen short in the arena of describing horrible things. Intriguing.
    It makes me sad because as pretty as the words are, they don't feel like names. Plus I guarantee it'll get them picked on.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Just signed up for BroNYCon.

T-Shirts and mugs galore!
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    It makes me sad because as pretty as the words are, they don't feel like names. Plus I guarantee it'll get them picked on.
    Hey DIAMOND. HAVE ANY INDUSTRIAL USES LATELY? Diamond, diamond, cuts through stuff!
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Diamond: (pulls a knife) Like your FACE!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Followup:

Hey Beauuuuuty! You're an abstract concept! Abstract concept, abstract concept, can't be touched, can't be measured!

These are the smartest and dumbest kids ever.

Also, a random thought occurred to a friend of mine. He asked if the ponies wore horseshoes. I expressed my opinion that they wear horseshoes the same color as their fur. And then he said, "I bet sometimes when it looks like they're holding narrow things, they're slid them into the narrow gap between hoof and shoe."

Thoughts? It works for stuff like playing cards and newspapers.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Followup:

Hey Beauuuuuty! You're an abstract concept! Abstract concept, abstract concept, can't be touched, can't be measured!

These are the smartest and dumbest kids ever.

Also, a random thought occurred to a friend of mine. He asked if the ponies wore horseshoes. I expressed my opinion that they wear horseshoes the same color as their fur. And then he said, "I bet sometimes when it looks like they're holding narrow things, they're slid them into the narrow gap between hoof and shoe."

I don't think they wear horseshoes.
    A properly cared for pony doesn't need them.
    Horseshoes are no longer a necessary evil.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey DIAMOND. HAVE ANY INDUSTRIAL USES LATELY? Diamond, diamond, cuts through stuff!
    Kids can be cruel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    I don't think they wear horseshoes.
    A properly cared for pony doesn't need them.
    Horseshoes are no longer a necessary evil.
    Hm. This will require research, because it occurs to me I'm not 100% clear why horse shoes exist.

Though they WERE playing with horseshoes in that one episode... and they did match AJ and Dash's colors.

EDIT: If Wikipedia is to be believed, I think the settled conditions the ponies live in WOULD necessitate horse shoes, at least for working ponies like Applejack. Wiki says that horses travel great distances regularly in the wild, which toughens the hoof, and also that horses normally travel relatively slowly, which means less strain on the hoof.

Kicking apple trees with your hind legs is not a low stress activity, and they have settled lives where they aren't walking 50 miles a day.

So wearing horse shoes might be the equivalent of wearing steel toed boots. If you're working, it's smart. If you aren't working, people will look at you funny.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-09 at 07:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

So wearing horse shoes might be the equivalent of wearing steel toed boots. If you're working, it's smart. If you aren't working, people will look at you funny.
    At least until you kick them in the fork.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hm. This will require research, because it occurs to me I'm not 100% clear why horse shoes exist.

Though they WERE playing with horseshoes in that one episode... and they did match AJ and Dash's colors.

EDIT: If Wikipedia is to be believed, I think the settled conditions the ponies live in WOULD necessitate horse shoes, at least for working ponies like Applejack. Wiki says that horses travel great distances regularly in the wild, which toughens the hoof, and also that horses normally travel relatively slowly, which means less strain on the hoof.

Kicking apple trees with your hind legs is not a low stress activity, and they have settled lives where they aren't walking 50 miles a day.

Pretty much.
    We don't work ponies like they used to so with a small bit of management, a non-work pony doesn't need shoes.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Pretty much.
    We don't work ponies like they used to so with a small bit of management, a non-work pony doesn't need shoes.
    Rarity: Horseshoes? How gauche.
    Applejack: Well excuse me, some of us WORK fer a livin.'

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

*Panting* I am finally done with school for the year (until summer classes, anyway). In any case, I have about two weeks off. Time to watch ponies and write pony fanfics.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-06-09 at 07:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Wait what? I'll take that as a challenge! Image dump, yet another Rarity edition.

Spoiler
    Show

Try to beat that amount of unhealthy obsession.
    Last edited by Welf; 2011-06-09 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    *Panting* I am finally done with school for the year (until summer classes, anyway). In any case, I have about two weeks off. time to watch ponies and write pony fanfics.
    To the fanfic machine?

Hm, so the thread grows 2 pages everytime I fall asleep. Darnit. At least it seems to be bondag- *BLLLMMMMHHHHH* DON'T JINX IT.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

And apparently someone's already made a Pony version of Night Surgeon.

Someone else did Zydrate Anatomy too, but I still want to do my own version of it. Must get good video editing software FASTER.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    To the fanfic machine?

Hm, so the thread grows 2 pages everytime I fall asleep. Darnit. At least it seems to be bondag- *BLLLMMMMHHHHH* DON'T JINX IT.
    You must not sleep very long then.

Now that you mention it, I am rather surprised at the low levels of bondage; I might actually wind up having to pony up and write The Courtship of Princess Luna.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post

Now that you mention it, I am rather surprised at the low levels of bondage; I might actually wind up having to pony up and write The Courtship of Princess Luna.
    Oh, I get it. I see how it is. When there's lots of bondage jokes about, you guys are always calling for a gag order. But as soon as we restrain ourselves, you're chomping at the bit for more. Mrmph hmph.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Banned

XD

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post

Aye. Last recollection puts it at the end of page 3, so in another page or so Berry Ann will have to pony up.

Then, I'm sure, we will re-engage the Impulse Engine.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Oh, I get it. I see how it is. When there's lots of bondage jokes about, you guys are always calling for a gag order. But as soon as we restrain ourselves, you're chomping at the bit for more. Mrmph hmph.
    Gol-danggit, PhoeKun!
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-06-09 at 07:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

Okay, so, this is going to sound like an odd question, but it's important for something that I'm doing right now. I need a triumvirate of ponies, one of each type, and I've come up with:

Unicorn: Trixie
    Pegasus: Skyfire
    Earth Pony: ???

Basically, I need an Earth pony to fill that last slot out. It can't be one of the mane six, should be fairly athletic, and it shouldn't be a filly.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Okay, so, this is going to sound like an odd question, but it's important for something that I'm doing right now. I need a triumvirate of ponies, one of each type, and I've come up with:

Basically, I need an Earth pony to fill that last slot out. It can't be one of the mane six, should be fairly athletic, and it shouldn't be a filly.
    I've got one! She's royalty, but is down to earth and approachable, and on her days off, she drives go-karts, plays tennis, baseball and soccer, and likes to have parties with all her friends, and even a few enemies.

Spoiler
    Show

Daisy: I'm Daisy!
    Yes Daisy, yes you are.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-09 at 07:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

You have downloaded DD v 2.3, now with more quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Trixie is prettier. Rarity has a beauty, but also a sort of self mocking attention, since she prions to the point of fault. But after two weeks of drawing, and study, and absorption... Trixie is beautiful. Her lines, her palette. . . There is an elegance to her design that is entrancing, bewitching. It's possible that Trixie wears her hat and cloak to keep the stallions at bay. And a lot of mares, too.

*snip*

Criminy! The page refresh undid all my multiquotes! Ironically while typing out multiquote info for the Druid droid. A-Har.
    I have to admit, the more I watch Boast Busters, the more I realize that Trixie has a very pleasing color scheme, and some really cute poses...I think I might be turning to the dark side...

Also, multiquote irony, no?

RD: Ha! Four aces, read 'em and weep. I told you I was voted Best Young Poker Player at Cloudsdale!
    AJ: Hold on one apple pickin' minute. Lemme see yer shoes...
    RD: A-ah, now why would you need to do that?... Nothing to see here.
    *a loose card falls to the floor*
    AJ: I knew it! Ya cheater! Hey, wait, get back here!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Now, now Phoe, we would never do such a thing. We wouldn't want to restrict your possibilities after all...

EDIT: Clearly I was wrong about Fluttershy's musical preferences before!
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-06-09 at 08:05 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

22. - Top - End - #202

I've got one! She's royalty, but is down to earth and approachable, and on her days off, she drives go-karts, plays tennis, baseball and soccer, and likes to have parties with all her friends, and even a few enemies.

Daisy: I'm Daisy!
    Yes Daisy, yes you are.
    Heh, sorry, I'm looking for one that's actually been on the show.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Heh, sorry, I'm looking for one that's actually been on the show.
    http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/4/4a/1.png Daisy in her native Appleoosa. She's since dyed her hair, but as you can see, she's been on the show.

Also, that's ironic because I was totally going to throw her in somewhere as the Baroness of Appleoosa or something and there's a vaguely similar pony.

... Also, what's a Skyfire, then? I assumed that was an OC pony.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-09 at 08:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Braeburn? Big Mac? Or do you want a mare?
    ... Also, what's a Skyfire, then? I assumed that was an OC pony.
    I think Esper means Spitfire.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2011-06-09 at 08:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Braeburn? Big Mac? Or do you want a mare?

I think Esper means Spitfire.
    Spitfire, yes. I got the name wrong. And no, I think I'll go with Big Mac, it doesn't need to be a mare. Thanks!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

If no colts, then
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apple Bumpkin. If colts are allowed, though, there is only ONE PONY MANLY ENOUGH FOR THIS TRIUMVIRATE.

Legend says he used all the testosterone in Equestria to grow those muttonchops.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Legend says he used all the testosterone in Equestria to grow those muttonchops.
    It has to be true! I've never seen anypony else with a facial mane!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

And I'm done with today's submission for the training grounds. Not sure how many people will get what myth it's supposed to be, but I'm happy with it.

Spoiler
    Show

I had a different idea for it, but it involved a large number of fillies. I decided to NOT go with that route but may do it later because I like how it would look.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    I have to admit, the more I watch Boast Busters, the more I realize that Trixie has a very pleasing color scheme, and some really cute poses...I think I might be turning to the dark side...

EDIT: Clearly I was wrong about Fluttershy's musical preferences before!
    I'm going to agree with The Great and Powerful Trixie being a really well done pony. And I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it's her fault I ended up joining the herd.

Note to self: Make a shifty-eyed ponicon.

And Fluttershy is the most metal pony ever. Period.

EDIT:
    Whoops, wrote down the wrong Trixie. Fix'd.
    Last edited by Kyouhen; 2011-06-09 at 08:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    And I'm done with today's submission for the training grounds. Not sure how many people will get what myth it's supposed to be, but I'm happy with it.

Spoiler
    Show

I had a different idea for it, but it involved a large number of fillies. I decided to NOT go with that route but may do it later because I like how it would look.

I'm going to agree with Trixie being a really well done pony. And I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it's her fault I ended up joining the herd.

Note to self: Make a shifty-eyed ponicon.

And Fluttershy is the most metal pony ever. Period.
    NO LYRA ORPHEUS DON'T LOOK BACK!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Knowing how this ends makes me so sad...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!