New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 35

Slums-Brawl

Kybin was not unharmed. He is disoriented enough to let the boyz surround him, and his cloak is severely charred. However, you don't get to be the leader of a greenskin horde by having sub-par survival abilities, so by the time the orcs have him good and surrounded, he lets loose a Lightning Storm.

This is not a nice, little electron bolt party with nice little sizzly sound effects. There is a horrible, rolling thunder and three bolts of pure white electricity commit themselves down the ork's spinal cords.

You know how the air around a lightning strike can reach the temperature of the sun's surface? That kind of energy.

Anything left moving Kybin tries to kill with a sonic orb.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Bugbear in the Playground

Red Zone- Umbrella Factory

The location chosen by Merrak to investigate is a small, run-down factory in an out of the way location. It went under years ago, because, well, they make umbrellas, and how often does it rain in the Nexus?

On the outside, the building looks normal enough, a blocky structure made primarily of stone and mortar, with all the windows and doors boarded over. Except for one door, which has obviously been recently repaired, right at the front of the building. Isn't even locked.

Red Zone- Temple

It's been a long time since the temple has seen any visitors, and the building has decayed noticeably. It was once a grand, dome-like structure, with a marble pillar on either side of the entrance, but both pillars were long since hauled away and sold, while the roof has practically collapsed. And now there are two visitors, both Fade and Boris, approaching.

Red Zone- Warehouse

Unlike the other places on the map, number 4 is merely a normal warehouse. Guess they couldn't find enough abandoned ruins.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    [Generic Store of Clothing]

Boris looks confused when Cornelia runs off. Was he the only one who liked having simple clothing? When she returns with the more colorful clothes, he resists the urge to let his jaw drop. He's about to protest when he decides that he could try, but he would be very unlikely to succeed. "No, I've got it," he says.
    "Doin' yerself a favor, right here. Good clothes for lazy days, aye." Cornelia grins and will probably snatch up the majority of the clothes, once paid for. She trundles outside, loading them into a pack on George's flank, one usually meant for travel supplies and extra weapons. In one graceful motion, Cornelia is mounted again, and she'll wait for Boris at this point.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #874
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Red Zone - Temple]

Boris decides that if there was anything interesting on the outside of the temple, it would have faded away a long time ago. Instead, the sniper will examine the entrance itself before heading inside the ruins proper.

Boris chuckles. "Whatever you say." He takes all the remaining clothes and heads outside to help Cornelia pack. This time around, he won't have Cornelia help him up, jumping to mount George on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    [Blue Zone - MagMart]

Wolfgang enters through the front doors. He adjusts his glasses as he examines the shelves. Hoping to at least find some Elerium or a metal he can use as a chassis, the scientist starts to head further into the store, with his lab coat slightly trailing behind him.
    Repost for Magtok.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-06-29 at 06:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #875

Generic Store of Clothing

Cornelia seems a little impressed when Boris manages to mount steadily on his own. "Where to?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #876

"Anything else you need? I'm mostly fine," Boris says as the two presumably ride off into the streets.

7. - Top - End - #877

Generic Store of Clothing

"Bout the same, myself. Sides, I think ye've spent enough money on my account." The gunslinger sends George into a little cruising gait. "Back to NO? Or shall I drop you off at that Watch place?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #878
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kybin stood, surrounded by smouldering wreckage. He seemed to be examining his handiwork, but he was actually struggling to stay standing.

That was stupid, He thought to himself, This is leaving me wide open. I definitely overtaxed my magic. One thing wrong, and I would've exploded. That was really, really dumb. I should've exploded. Just like a shaman. Deja vu. Have I ever overtaxed myself before? Oh yeah, that one time. Did I lose that duel? No, I won that duel; but then the second in command punched me in the face. That was stupid. Wait, is some left around here still alive for a face-punch? No, they're all dead.

Wait...

Kybin, you idiot! They're all dead! What was the point of that? If I wanted to end this with any kind of meaning, at least one should still be alive to tell others how tough I am! But they're all dead! AND I lost five orcs! AND I had no reason to fight these guys. If the orcs wanted to get into a fight, let them fight. I didn't need to do a thing. And now? Five lost, nothing earned. Nothing salvageable, because they are all dead!

Kybin stopped, and examined the bodies around him.

...they are all dead, aren't they?

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

[Slums]

They do appear to be all dead. Three steaming piles of armour and ork, one still moving a bit on the ground with his throat torn open. one l- Wait a moment. There was another ork, wasn't there? Yes, the nob. Where did h-

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!" It's an impossible sound. He's dead. Kybin saw him fall. The roar of the buzz saw accompanies the roar of the ork.

Hopefully he can dodge a leaping, overhead strike from a big, angry ork.

((Of course, I have no intention of killing your PC, so don't ever feel like you have to let him die.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Troll in the Playground

[National Park]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "It's always good to keep pokemon nice and healthy." Becca says. As long as it's alright with Jamie, the nurse will try to pick up Oddball and place him in the open top of the second machine. It's made to accommodate small pokemon, and hopefully it won't be too alarming to the oddish.
    It'll be alright with Jamie, but she'll be staying as close as she can and watching the goings-on like a hawk!

Up to Earl how Oddball feels about it, of course.

"It's amazing, I never knew any of this stuff was here..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #881

"Hey, I did offer. Don't you all have some sort of tradition regarding who pays for things anyway?" Boris asks, teasing a little. Then he looks slightly embarrased. "Ah... I think I may have left my things at NO."

12. - Top - End - #882
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kybin is filled with hope; and adrenaline!

He does a rolling dodge, at a 90-degree angle to the sound. He comes up and...

Claps.

"Oh! Well, then! You are by far the most dangerous opponent I have fought in ages; this is incredible!"

"I understand that you are a angry orc, and as thus want me dead. However, perhaps I can supplant you with some boyz to lead and some headz to crush?"

"Not five boyz. You, my freind, could easily escalate yourself to be a big boss... or a warboss. You would operate out of Skullcrusher mountain, and you could lead my troops against some of the tribes in the area!"

Kybin stands there, hoping that the ork will take the deal. If not, he would just have to run away.

No, wait! Spiked chain!

He really hopes the ork will take the deal.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

[Slums]

Rotkop studies the human, that menacing glare never leaving his face. He does listen to Kybin, and snorts. He slings the buzz saw over his shoulder and advances on the human.

Step "Im da biggest."

Step "Im da toughest."

Step "Im da meanest."

Step "An Im da greenest."

He stands, looking down at the runty human. "I lead yer troopz?" There's a certain distain in his tone. Especially when he says yer. That implies being... below a human.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Woah. Deja vu."

This deja vu is completely unrelated to the prior deja vu.

"That is the exact same thing that Goff said when I gave him the offer. Now Goff, you see, is twelve feet high at the shoulder and almost as wide. He's got the-how do you say-hulk humpback. He says to me 'I do not follow some umie into battle. But, if you know any good stompin' goin on, you let me know.' Today, he's my right-hand man. He and his Obsidian Bustahz are the best troops on the field. I'm sure that, if you wanted, you could serve under him. Oh, my apologies! You are the meanest and the greenset! You aught to be able to lever yourself beside him."

((how tall is the nob, anyway? Ten foot?))

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

[Slums]

Actually Rotkop is only about eight feet, while slouched of course. They're all fairly young orkz, and there's no Waaagh! in the Nexus.

"Ya no wot Goff shoulda dun?" The nob asks, aiming a poke in the middle of his chest. "'Ee shoulda stomped ya. Stomped ya an took yer troopz. I should stomp ya, but I dun wan yer troopz. Yer troopz are unorky."

16. - Top - End - #886
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Okay."

he picks up his chain, and puts in into his sleeve.

"I'll let ya know if I know of any good stomping going on. Hey," he gestures to Trog's, "Let me buy you a drink?"

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

[Slums]

The nob narrows his eyes. "Yer buyin a drink fer me an my boyz." He... doesn't look like he's kidding. Probably rules out ork humor.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Are any of them still kicking? If so, they've earned it!"

He turns to go back into Trog's. He is intercepted by a deadtime ooze, the exact same one that caught him on the way out, in fact.

((Deadtime. See you in Trog's!))

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

[Slums]

Rotkop erupts in bellowing laughter. "Any of dem still kickin. Dey all still kickin." Is... is that even possible? Hells, they're standing up now. A little shaky, but alive. Even the one with his throat torn out. In fact, it's well on the way to healing.

((I'll let you post there when you get back.))

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Inside 35

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    "Very well. Now, little one, my time on this plane is short, I must leave, for I have important things to do. Keep safe, and remember to keep to the left in mazes."
    "[Fare well, my Friend]"

Nach'tt waves a goodbye to the strange Wolfhound man.

(I control the doggy now, don't I? Pleeease!)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Vincent gets into town and wanders around a bit, approaching random people and staring at them until their text box appears.
    And then he finds this shop! This probably has what he's looking for.
    He heads inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Azik, who is essentially a walking magical armory, stands behind the counter. He waves to Vincent, "Might I interest you in some of the most powerful enchanted objects money can buy? It might be nice to upgrade your arsenal."
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-06-30 at 12:27 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Bugbear in the Playground

Outside Azik's Enchantments

A certain purple-hat wearing man waits outside the store, waiting for the kid to come out.
    After all, trying something in a magical weapon shop is asking for you to be buried in at least five parts.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Vincent waves back. "I wish. I gotta save most of my money for that item that enhances attacks based on how much money you have though. What I do need is a magic box that can hold an item and stop things from teleporting in and out of it. I don't suppose you have a quest for me to go get the rare ingredients so you can make it or something?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

"An interesting proposition. I might be willing to take you up on that if you tell me the nature of the item. If I know what it is, I can make it even more secure." Azik rubs his metal chin. Strange boy, but you learned to deal with that when adventurer continually were knocking on your door.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

"Huh? Oh. It's some sort of coin that seems to always teleport back to its owner. I don't know anything more than that."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Underhive - Gladiator Brawl]

The orkz are congratulating each other after a good couple of killswhen suddenly the bare headed nob is stabbed in the back. "Urk." He spins around to chop the runty elf good. The second nob roars and circles around to surround the elf.
    Underhive - Gladiator Brawl

The elf lets go of the trident as the ork spins, and turns slightly to avoid the brutal chop. As he does so, he spins and throws a razor covered net at the other Ork's face. Once that's let go, he pulls a pair of long daggers from sheathes attached to his calves. The Orkz may notice that it's the same elf from before, and there's no body.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Underhive - Gladiator Brawl

And so the elf returns and dishes some unpleasantness to the orks.

There's a twitch from the direction of the fallen human.
    A moment later, the pointy end of a spear is flying towards the netted orc, with the force of a rather angry looking human behind it.

The human they definitely just cut down a moment ago.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

"Tell you what. You get me everything on this list, and I'll make it for you for free." Azik will pull out a scrap of paper and a pencil and begin writing down a list of different ingredients. "You can't find everything? I'll give you a discount based on what you do find. Fair?"

Azik will present Vincent with the list:
    Code:
    - A Vial of Ramalen Sap
    - Two Estrian Mushrooms
    - Three Jacoby Flowers
    - Wyvern Venom
    - Carset Scales

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Vincent takes the list a bit too enthusiastically. "Whooo! Alright! You know where these items can be found or do I have to bug some random NPCs until they tell me?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast