New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 35

[No Hope Hospital]

Jacques wasn't expecting that. At all. In fact, were he not an elite soldier, he'd probably be screaming like a little girl right now. As it is, he's trying to brace himself against the back wall.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Ruined Temple]

If Zefir makes it to the exit, Boris immediately consults his map for his next destination, which just so happens to be the Pie Shop.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Troll in the Playground

Alley Fight

As soon as Rose turns to smoke, Vino flings himself to the ground to avoid the expected attack from behind. He rolls over and fires from the ground, though his accuracy isn't likely to be great in this position.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

[Alley Fight]

The Avenger snarls and reaches for a new knife, but Rose becomes corporeal again before he can pull it out. All three Hunters attack - the Avenger hacking with his ax from the left, the Judge slashing with her katana from the right. The Innocent steps forward and tries to direct the torch's flame at the vampire.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Bugbear in the Playground

No Hope Hospital

Cal isn't surprised. At all. He was rather expecting that, really. Not wasting a second, he tries to punch a hole in the elevator's roof.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alley Fight]

Rose takes another bullet, this time to the stomach. She's gonna be full of holes before this is done. Thankfully there's melee combat to keep the bullets away now. Rose catches the haft of the axe with her free hand, her sword blocks the katana, and she aims a powerful kick at the Innocent's crotch.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Pixie in the Playground

[No Hope Hospital]

Cal should be able to punch through the ceiling, though that may cause some sharpened shards of metal to slice his arm a bit when the elevator suddenly stops a few floors above their original location.

The elevator audibly dings, but the doors do not open. Close inspection shall reveal that they are jammed and will, likely, need to be pried open.

The jarring stop should have no effect on Jacques (because he braced himself), but Cal may be thrown against the ceiling of the elevator due to the swift deceleration.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Alley Fight]

Rose takes another bullet, this time to the stomach. She's gonna be full of holes before this is done. Thankfully there's melee combat to keep the bullets away now. Rose catches the haft of the axe with her free hand, her sword blocks the katana, and she aims a powerful kick at the Innocent's crotch.
    Which leaves her with only one foot on the ground. Vino, still on the ground himself, tries to kick it hard and knock her down.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

[Alley Fight]

The Avenger starts to push on the ax, trying to wrestle it out of Rose's hand, possibly twisting it in the process. The Judge steps back and prepares to block herself.
    The Innocent's knee just happens to be in the position to stop Rose's foot before it reaches his crotch. An amazing stroke of luck, there. This luck is in fact supernatural, if anyone can sense such things. His advance is stopped, though.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alley Fight]

Rose is kicked and her leg is knocked from under her. She lets herself fall and tries to wrench the axe out of the the Avenger's grip. Whether she's successful or not, she's going to turn into smoke just before she hits the ground. The axe will change with her if it escapes the hunter's grip.

The vampire will sift through the Innocent's legs and reform behind him if she isn't stopped. A stab would come at that point.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

Alley Fight

Every time Rose turns to smoke, Vincent is going to try to use Wind, if he can, to immobilize her. So her smoke form should be held in place, right where she fell.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

[Alley Fight]

As Rose is immobilized in her smoke form, the Hunters step away, ready to react once she reforms. The Avenger - who managed to hold on to his ax due to his considerable strength - pulls out another throwing knife and sends it flying at the vampire, the weapon, becoming red-hot and capable of harming incorporeal beings. It also appears to have more force behind it than it should.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-07-04 at 05:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alley Fight]

The knife... passes right through the cloud of smoke that is Rose. Unfortunately a vampire's smoke form does not make them incorporeal. Just... smoke.

Anyway, Rose reforms looking rather angry. Immediately she flings her sword at the Avenger and rushes at Vino, claws leading.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Troll in the Playground

Alley Fight

Vino, being still on the ground, kicks up with his feet and tries to catch her in the torso when she lunges and fling her over his head, accompanied by a blast of wind that will keep her from getting close if she turns to smoke.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #1125

[Outside Trog's]

The Operative stands still for a little while, considering his options. He actually had a proper objective, if set more by himself than anyone else. He liked having a purpose - well, as close to liked as he could get. Having nothing to do got so bothersome. He could never understand people who lazed around and didn't do anything useful.

He once again tries to levitate, but to no avail. It was so disappointing that he couldn't do the things so many ghosts could do. Probably because he was born a ghost, unlike others. Instead, the Operative walks down a street, planning his next several infiltrations.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-07-05 at 01:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Halfling in the Playground

Outside Trogs

The spectre might note a certain bothersome fey woman watching him float down the street.

Or not, if you'd prefer, as I must deadtime here anyway. >.>
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Titan in the Playground

[Alley Fight]

The Avenger dodges and is caught on the side. He screams out briefly and although the wound isn't serious, he's out of the fight for a moment. The Judge and the Innocent rush Rose, the katana aiming for her neck and the torch trying to reach her nearest body part.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alley Fight]

Rose lets herself be launched over Vino and recovers in a roll, just in time to meet the advancing hunters. Her sword once again appears in her hand, but she doesn't use it to block. She pushes the sword up and over her head with her empty hand, cutting it in the process, and thrusts forward with her own sword. Aiming just below the rib cage and upward.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-07-05 at 11:46 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1129

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    [MagMart]

"Of course. I will call you if I remember anything else." Wolfgang takes the MagCart and heads over in the direction indicated. He finds the Elerium fairly easily (It had that nice glow to it, even though it wasn't radioactive,) as well as the titanium. He has a slightly more difficult time finding a suitable hard drive, but that's mainly because he's more used to early 50's tech.

Eventually, the Nazi will have found a few other things in addition to his original list (wires, keyboards, and monitors,) and he heads over to checkout with his items.

MagMart

Purchasing the things should prove relatively simple, assuming he has enough money to cover it. MagMart accepts most currencies, only accepts local Nexus credit cards, and insists that all prices are final and customers cannot barter for goods in the store. Beyond that though, most people don't have any sort of issues there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Never Lose Hope Hospital]

It would be quite odd to wake from a nightmare in a cart of any sort, with or without a note.

With any luck, however, Percilia won't awaken until Tom returns.

The bossman gruffly greets Tom in an overly formal manner.

"I'm glad you found time in your busy schedule to grace us with your presence, Doctor."

Sarcasm a bit much?

"I called this meeting to inform you of the fact that some of you are fired. The rest of you will be getting something nice."

The bossman's eyes swivel about the room, reading the expressions of the medical professionals gathered about him. Some of the staff gathered around the table begin to hyperventilate. With anticipation? With fear? It is hard to tell.

"We're shutting the hospital down. It is too costly to maintain. Without a uniform currency in the Nexus, we find that we are acting more like a bank and less like a medical...thing."

"In short, we are converting the hospital into a huge bank. Yeah."

"You're all fired while I get something nice, a CEO position in a soon to be flourishing bank!"

A murmur of protest begins to arise among the medical professionals, but none of them vocally oppose the bossman as of yet.

Never Lose Hope Hospital

The good doctor smiles, in spite of himself. Looks like he doesn't even have to explain why he's leaving; someone else is sorting all of that out for him.

"Congratulations sir, and good luck with your new enterprise. If you don't mind me asking, however...where do you intend to transfer our pre-existing patients?"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-07-05 at 01:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #1130

[Outside Trog's]

The Operative does notice the fey staring at him. He stares his signature cold stare directly at her eyes, and immediately tries to use his mind-reading to get her true name.

"Is there a problem?" The question has no emotional backing behind it. It's almost as if he asked it just to ask it.

[MagMart]

Wolfgang barely has enough to cover everything, with the purchase leaving him pretty much broke. It's be worth it, though, when he replicated his success. "I assume that shall be all, then?" At this point, the scientist realizes he doesn't have a lab to take all these supplies to. Well, bother.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Pixie in the Playground

[Never Lose Hope Hospital]

Doctor Thomas Godlark

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Never Lose Hope Hospital

The good doctor smiles, in spite of himself. Looks like he doesn't even have to explain why he's leaving; someone else is sorting all of that out for him.

"Congratulations sir, and good luck with your new enterprise. If you don't mind me asking, however...where do you intend to transfer our pre-existing patients?"

"Well, our patients have functioning brains...the majority of them do, anyway. We're going to let them choose from a list of other capable suckers, I mean hospitals, that they want to be cared for by."

"Simple, sweet, and cost-effective."

The bossman booms, oblivious to the mounting fury of the horde of medical professionals surrounding him.

22. - Top - End - #1132

[MagMart]

"Yessir, that'll be all. Thank you for shopping at MagMart!"

The doors back out to the parking lot swing open, wide and inviting and revealing all sorts of horses, oxen, spacecraft, and whatever else the various Nexusians might use for transportation.

Never Lose Hope Hospital

Godlark nods thoughtfully, retaining his civil and polite smile even as the urge to punch this guy in the face swells up around him.

"I see. Allow me then, to be the first and the last to wish you well, sir. Additionally, if you should ever fall ill in the future, and require the aid of one of my esteemed colleagues, I pray they show more empathy than you did this afternoon. Good day to you sir, and gods have mercy on your soul."

Tom tries walk right out of there, maintaining his smile as he heads back towards that closet, biting back the rage, doing everything he can to hold off on kicking that man in the face. He could do it, too. Kick the guy right in the head, and nobody would hold it against him. Heck, they'd probably cheer him on if he did it, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #1133

Outside Trog's

The fey cringes away from his stare, looking back incomprehensively. She seems confused.

Her true name is lost. Stolen away or erased, it would seem. Though her mind is very open, if he wanted to do any other probing.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #1134

[MagMart]

As he steps into the parking lot, Wolfgang considers killing someone and taking their vehicle. Unfortunately, that would be very obvious. So, the Nazi will instead take the MagCart and start walking in no particular direction, jauntily whistling.

[Outside Trog's]

...Huh. This was interesting. The Operative knew that he'd succeeded, but this woman seemed to not have a name. A little like himself, except not at all. This doesn't succeed in making him sympathetic, nor does her flinching from him. The spectre steps towards the fey, his gaze unwavering. "You have no name. Why?" If she lies, the Operative will know.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2011-07-05 at 03:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1135

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Ruined Temple

Since he has the knowledge thanks to Boris and the ears to make out how this goes he won't have a problem with that. It's only a question if the 14 secounds are enougth to pass the way. And thats not in his hands.
    Ruined Temple

Well since TE doesn't answer here I think he manages it right?
    Zefir will then head to the Pie shop, with Boris since he decided the same.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

Alley Fight

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Alley Fight]

The Avenger dodges and is caught on the side. He screams out briefly and although the wound isn't serious, he's out of the fight for a moment. The Judge and the Innocent rush Rose, the katana aiming for her neck and the torch trying to reach her nearest body part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Alley Fight]

Rose lets herself be launched over Vino and recovers in a roll, just in time to meet the advancing hunters. Her sword once again appears in her hand, but she doesn't use it to block. She pushes the sword up and over her head with her empty hand, cutting it in the process, and thrusts forward with her own sword. Aiming just below the rib cage and upward.

Vino moves behind Rose and pulls out another flask of garlic oil, attempting to break it against her back and counting on the Hunter's torch to light it.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-07-05 at 03:45 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

[Alley Fight]

The Judge leans back, but is stabbed all the same. She staggers backwards, bleeding and getting pale.
    The Avenger gets up and approaches the fighters with his ax, but slowly due to his wound.
    The Innocent quickly realizes Vino's intentions and aims his torch at the spilt garlic oil, if Rose does get splashed with it.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-07-05 at 04:39 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1138

Abandoned Umbrella Factory

Merrak manages to unlock the door and kick it open before the penguins reach him, but they can still spit fire, and twenty or so gobs of flaming penguin spit are shooting straight at him.

Ruined Temple

Yeah, Zefir should be able to reach the exit, considering he's pretty quick and the tiles vanish and re-appear quite fast, meaning moving any slower would end in a very long fall.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-07-05 at 03:49 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

29. - Top - End - #1139

[Ruined Temple -> Pie Shop]

Boris continues heading here, on one of the luckier guesses he's made. He still doesn't attempt to make conversation with Zefir.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    [Outside Trog's]

...Huh. This was interesting. The Operative knew that he'd succeeded, but this woman seemed to not have a name. A little like himself, except not at all. This doesn't succeed in making him sympathetic, nor does her flinching from him. "You have no name. Why?" If she lies, the Operative will know.
    "Oyiriri'?" Nameless greets him tentatively, looking a little creeped out. This was odd. Of course, the question isn't answered.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-07-05 at 03:56 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters