New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: [NEXUS] GLoG 73

1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] GLoG 73

Demon Queen feels how he moves the ring, and he'll find it hard to swing, since she's still controlling it. He swings it, but it's slow, and she dodges it easily, twisting to one side, then aiming a fist at his face.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [NEXUS] GLoG 73

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    You deserve it all!
    "Indeed, I do."

Friend's mind again tries to look at Ophidian as if to mentally ask it something.

"Albeit, thee could have lent me a primerium"

(He's asking for a manual )
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Infirmary

Darcy starts to tell the story of her capture by demons and some of the tortures they inflicted on her, but the narrative is broken in places partly because of her broken mind, possibly because some of the details aren't forum safe, but mostly because of her player not actually working out the details with SC yet. >.>

Bad stuff happened. They were mean to her. *sagenod*
    Update that I am too lazy to put into narrative form:

Spoiler
    Show
    [07:36] Happy: i just wanted to talk to you about what had happened to Darcy and what she would know
    [07:36] SC: About the demons?
    [07:36] SC: Hmm...
    [07:37] SC: Well, she should know they have been capturing mortals all over outside and attempted to transform them into demons. It seems they have been preparing for something
    [07:38] Happy: so they weren't the Yigoth branch?
    [07:39] SC: They were actually. Their transformation process is different however. They have the so-called 'mother'
    [07:39] SC: WHich they claim to 'purify' mortals
    [07:40] SC: The differance between these transformations is that everyone that undergoes it becomes affected with nearly mindless rage.
    [07:40] Happy: but they couldn't transform her, because her shapeshifting nature rejected it
    [07:40] SC: Mhm
    [07:41] SC: So she would have been killed since she couldn't be 'purified' but managed to escape
    [07:42] Happy: somehow *handwaves*
    [07:42] SC: Yep
    [07:42] Happy: seems it should have been pretty difficult for her
    [07:42] SC: Indeed
    [07:43] SC: At least she managed to escape alive. The others she would have been with weren't so lucky
    [07:43] SC: They mostly captured tribes, much like her own
    [07:43] Happy: her tribe was killed? O.o
    [07:43] SC: No <.<
    [07:43] SC: But tribes /like/ her own
    [07:44] SC: The demons captured her while she was alone

"And then, when I was about to be recaptured, because I was too weak to run any farther, I was fortunately captured by slavers. Compared to the demons, they were kind to me."
    Darcy says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Against herself, Reelshka pokes herself inside to see what all the ruckus is about.

[Forest]

Brinika hides behind the nearest tree when the dragon arrives and emerges when things quiet down.

[Outside]

Sophie holsters her gun now it doesn't look like the dragon's hostile - not that it would have done much - and glances at Jack as he passes by, trying not to glare.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Orc in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Well I'm just glad you're back here with me."

Zanny does look glad, but there is also anger in his eyes for those who did this to Darcy. You can tell he just wants to burn and kill and eat some demons and slavers at the moment.

Reelshka will find an Emotional Moment in progress. In the middle of an infirmary, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Middle of Camp]

There's a brief opening of a tiny black portal, and then a small twine and brown paper wrapped package falls out, ready for just about anybody to pick it up.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #487

Zero releases the blade and at the same time, ducks under Demon Queen's punch and once she is in the middle of the punching movement, send an upper cut to her jaw.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Middle of Camp]

Well, Kirk can be around since Sakura has lost her item.

The drow frowns at the randomly appearing object and goes over to examine it. After making sure it's not going to blow up, he carefully picks it up and unwraps it a moment later.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Middle of Camp]

Inside the package is a potion vial which states 'Indigestible Silversheen' on the label, with the typical note from Mistress Cauldur. if Kirk can detect magic, it'll give of an aura of transmutative magic. Wonder what it'll do?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Middle of Camp]

Now, Kirk isn't the type to drink randomly appearing liquids. He's not one to throw it away either. For the time being he stashes it in his jacket until he can find someone to examine it. Or maybe find out who this Mistress Cauldur is.

Afterward he wanders randomly toward the lake. Maybe someone will come across him?

11. - Top - End - #491

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Zero releases the blade and at the same time, ducks under Demon Queen's punch and once she is in the middle of the punching movement, send an upper cut to her jaw.
    The punch connects. As soon as the blade is released, it quickly flies away, then stops.

Demon Queen keeps moving forward, right past Zero, twisting with his punch. She'll stop a little ways behind him, staring at him. Her eyes have a kind of fire to them now, and she grins.

She darts forward again. As she goes, she jumps from one side to the next, hoping to help hide her next attack. Once she's right on him, she'll aim a fist for his stomach.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    "Indeed, I do."

Friend's mind again tries to look at Ophidian as if to mentally ask it something.

"Albeit, thee could have lent me a primerium"

(He's asking for a manual )
    HE has the manual! Ophideon points to the nearest person.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Somewhere along the shore of the lake, the sunlight glints off of a ring lying just within the water's edge. Normally, it might go unnoticed - it had been lying there for some time now, half-hidden in the bank. Just quite how long, it was impossible to be certain at a glance.

The ring was an exquisite thing - created into the shape of a coiling silver dragon, it would be clear to any who saw it that it must have been made by a fine hand...
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2011-06-27 at 02:19 AM.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

Kirk walks idly along the edge of the water, looking to be in thought. What he's thinking about is anyone's guess. He stops when he catches the glint of the ring out of the corner of his eye. The drow stoops over and picks it up. After looking at it a moment, he slips it onto his right ring finger.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

The ring looks good on his finger, at least for a few moments, before it suddenly coils tighter, glowing with a sinister red light!

At this very moment, Kirk may feel a wash of emotion as a slideshow of past events flares through his mind in an instant, and he may feel a strong presence try to push its way in during this weakened state!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

Kirk's first instinct is to pull it off as fast as he can and chuck it into the lake. He panics a little when he realizes it isn't coming off. Cursed objects are something he has little experience with regrettably.

His mind is not exactly well equipped to deal with most metal attacks. Usually he can hold his own well enough to not have people flipping through his mind on the street, but in this case he isn't able to resist.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

It is as if in this same instant, the 'noise' in his mind comes to a sudden stop, and everything is quiet again. Whatever it was that pushed its way through the ring and into his mind almost seems as if it may not be there at all...

"Kirk."

Is someone calling his name? No, it sounds... closer. Not like it is ringing into his ears, but reverberating in his mind itself.

"Come now, Kirk. Slipping an unidentified ring around your finger? Not your smartest moment." the voice is identifiably female - a rich, smooth voice. It almost feels as if she would be whispering into his ear, if there was anyone present.

18. - Top - End - #498

Out of the ground emerges |\|iX, having fled the infirmary when it became crowded and DRAMA started happening. He looks at Kirk and his new ring curiously, being in a slightly more lucid state than he was before. He's not lucid enough to realize what's happening to Kirk though, his constant visions leaving his mortal senses... Weak, to say the least.

What's that? I don't thi|\|k it's good. I... I thi|\|k maybe you should take it off. Lot of bad thi|\|gs ca|\| happe|\| if you do|\|'t. The dead prophetic troll says, trying to poke the ring with an ethereal finger. Not that he knows what will happen, just that in a surprising amount of timelines, this will end with Kirk being transformed into a lama.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-06-27 at 02:52 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"Who are you? How do you know my name? This'd better not be another one of your games, Alice." The drow demands.

Despite the voice clearly coming from his mind, Kirk can't help but look around. He rapidly tries to remember everything he knows about raising mental walls and tries to do so, not knowing that it's already too late.

He starts when he sees Nix. "What do you think you're doing?" He wrenches his hand away from the troll's touch.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

The voice echoes a little more through his mind.

"Her? No, I have a feeling that would be... bad for both of us. I simply require residence in your mind. An interesting place, I might add, but what a mess."

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

Can't blame him for it being a mess. It's hard to maintain a tidy mind after a few centuries.

Kirk gives up with his ineffectual mental barriers. He's still on high alert, but first has has to figure out what's going on. Who in he Nine Hells are you then? He asks sharply, remembering to speak only in his mind this time. And what are you doing in my head?

Of course, all this might only be happening in an instant from Nix's perspective. Depends on how much is said before he speaks again.

22. - Top - End - #502

Lakeside

Tryi|\| to help. That ri|\|g is go|\||\|a cause trouble. |\|iX says, although he doesn't try to poke Kirk again. Not that it would really do anything anyway, |\|iX is a ghost after all.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

The voice does not seem to respond well to Kirk's tone.

"My, with manners like that, how could I refuse?"

There comes a silence.

"That was sarcasm, I hope you know."

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious for me, buddy. I'll be sure to keep that in mind." Kirk's voice still has that panicked edge.

Well pardon me. I'm sorry for being upset that someone is invading my mind. How about if I say pretty please? Kirk's own tone is dripping with sarcasm. He does have a point though.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"Oh, cease your whining. You are not the one who was locked inside a ring for years - how many now, I've lost count - having to wait idly, hoping that someone might happen across you some day."

She continues.

"And even once you are found, your soul is still trapped, only now in the mind of the wearer rather than in cold, lifeless metal. Only the metal had a more alluring personality."

26. - Top - End - #506

Lakeside

Oh, so you k|\|ow? |\|iX is confused by this! There's a pause, then |\|iX realizes that Kirk genuinely hasn't spotted the blindingly obvious solution. Why have|\|'t you just cut your finger off the|\|? There's a hospital right here.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-06-27 at 03:51 AM.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

I'm sure I could oblige your desire to be back in that ring. Kirk tugs at the ring a bit, realizing it won't be coming off like that. He mentally sighs and says. Alright, fine. So what? You're bound to me as long as I have this ring on? What exactly can you see from in there? Her supposed knowledge of Alice has him nervous.

"Are you bloody kidding me?" Kirk just looks at Nix blankly. "I'm sure as hell not doing anything like that to my hands." They are quite valuable to him.

28. - Top - End - #508

Lakeside

What a load of feaki|\| musclebeast ****. They ca|\| easily re-attach your fi|\|ger, a|\|d you k|\|ow it. You're just scared of the pai|\|. |\|iX scoffs, unimpressed. Seriously, Kirk needs to be a man and mutilate his hands!

Do|\|'t say I did|\|'t war|\| you. Bad ****. Bad ******* ****, a|\|d I should k|\|ow. |\|iX says as he sinks back into the ground.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"What can I see? Ah, I see - worried about your privacy? I'm afraid that is a thing of the past, as far as we're concerned. The moment you slipped on that ring, you and I shared memories. Oh, don't you fret your little head, my little Black Sheep - as much as I would love it to be otherwise, you are the only person I can communicate with."

The voice fades away again, leaving him to respond to her apparent complete knowledge of him and his history...

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

Kirk would do more than shake his head at the departing troll, but he has other things to worry about at the moment.

Like how this voice in his head knows that embarrassing pet name from ages ago. He's never told anyone about that since, and the family of elves that called him that are far from being in a position to spread that to anyone here.

Bloody Hells. So you know everything that's ever happened to me? He's understandably not happy about this. He's done a lot he's not proud of and has a lot he wants to keep private for a variety of reasons. Another mental sigh. Do you at least have a name I can call you?