New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XI: "Mmph!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSlnZxvi37s

Please tell me that people have seen this and want it just as much as I do.
    It will be ironic that the first fighting game I would love to play for a good long while turns out to be pony.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    What holidays would I get off if I changed my religion to Pony?
    Well, based off the show, I would say at least Summer Sun and some unspecified winter holidays. Possibly also the Gala time?
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

3. - Top - End - #543
    Troll in the Playground

It's Always Sunny in Fillydelphia Sequel Pitch Addendum, after talking it through with one of my friends.

Spoiler
    Show

First off, I still need a working title, which I neglected last night due to sleep deprivation.
    Titles are HAAAARD.

The best suggestion I've had so far is Turn Off the Dark, but I can do better than a reference to the Spider-Man musical (at least with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, it's something that's well liked that I haven't seen).

So, as far as changed story details. I fleshed out the ending.

I decided that rather than Soarin using a Superman style "spin around it until science happens," he does a one pony version of that "OUR DRILL SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS" used to clear the clouds from Winter Wrapup. The sunlight reverts the ponies back to their normal state, far below; it's still a crash landing, but it's not as fatal as what Soarin's facing high above.

See, I figure that Pegasi need magical energy for powered flight. And Soarin has completely exhausted his. So he goes in for a semi-controlled gliding crash landing.

Everything sounds like it's going well. Soarin can't see where they are from his position (he doesn't exactly feel like moving. at all). He hears them start the windup... and then the sound of something massive moving and femenine screams. Rarity flies through the air and lands on the street next to him. Tarek comes over, holding an unconscious Fluttershy by the tail in his hand. And he tells Soarin that he's accomplished exactly NOTHING. The sunlight doesn't kill him, it just robs him of his magic. And he's still a twenty foot tall centaur monstrosity fighting little ponies.

Cue Soarin stumbling to his feet... just to be knocked over by a single light swat. He's spent. It's over. He failed.

And then Big Mac falls from the sky and lands right on Tarek's back. Soarin hears something go pop. Big Mac catches fluttershy before she can hit the ground and Soarin looks up to figure out what the hay is happening.

Above him is the cavalry; it's been two days. Derpy and Boxy Brown are pulling the moving truck, which has had its top removed and has about 5 or 6 ponyville residents armed with pitchforks and other improvised weapons. They descend upon Tarek and distract him long enough for the elements to reorganize and he's just plain blasted. Like, gone. Twilight Sparkle is surprised they just killed him out. Scorpan, in human form, comes out of the cellar (having finally managed to untie himself from Applejack's interrogation knots earlier) and comments that there was nothing to purify; Tarek was a being of raw hatred.

Soarin asks if it's okay if he just faints now. Before he can get an answer, he does.

He wakes up in a hospital bed... located at the local shop, Eggs and Nails. He's told to be careful where he steps. Eggs and Nails escaped most of the damage, but a lot of inventory has been knocked on the floor and they might not have cleared it all away. He finds that Applejack is in a chair next to his bed and has fallen asleep. Big Mac shows up to check on him. Big Mac explains what happened (the group freed the ponies from Castle Midnight, which was on an island about 10 miles from the coast that nopony lived on, and Scorpan insisted on returning to his homeland of "Midgard" immediately, though he did thank them; he just had a lot of rebuilding to do in what was Tarek's homeworld. Scorpan said he'd destroy the gate so that nothing like this would happen again).

We get a male bonding scene with them, with Big Mac saying that he approves of Soarin (after all, not everyone would be willing to go through what Soarin's gone through for a pony he knew for one day) and makes typical big brother "don't mess with my sister or else" threats.

And the fic does in fact end with Soarin and Applejack back in Ponyville. They're at Cowboy Hats and Quiche, picking out a new hat for Applejack. She insisted he be along, because she can't get another pappy's hat, but she can make sure that the new hat is special by association with someone else she cares about. Cute happens. The end.)

Edit: Addendum Addendum

Spoiler
    Show
    The mushy thing that Apple Bloom told Soarin about was an abandoned rough draft of a letter Applejack sent to Soarin that was deemed too mushy by the elder apple sister... but Apple Bloom retrieved it from the garbage. This, plus Apple Bloom's evesdropping, leads Soarin to theorize that her cutey mark is there, just invisible, because it's spying.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-20 at 10:53 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    It's Always Sunny in Fillydelphia Sequel Pitch Addendum, after talking it through with one of my friends.

Spoiler
    Show

First off, I still need a working title, which I neglected last night due to sleep deprivation.
    Titles are HAAAARD.

The best suggestion I've had so far is Turn Off the Dark, but I can do better than a reference to the Spider-Man musical (at least with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, it's something that's well liked that I haven't seen).

I decided that rather than Soarin using a Superman style "spin around it until science happens," he does a one pony version of that "OUR DRILL SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS" used to clear the clouds from Winter Wrapup. The sunlight reverts the ponies back to their normal state, far below; it's still a crash landing, but it's not as fatal as what Soarin's facing high above.

See, I figure that Pegasi need magical energy for powered flight. And Soarin has completely exhausted his. So he goes in for a semi-controlled gliding crash landing.

Everything sounds like it's going well. Soarin can't see where they are from his position (he doesn't exactly feel like moving. at all). He hears them start the windup... and then the sound of something massive moving and femenine screams. Rarity flies through the air and lands on the street next to him. Tarek comes over, holding an unconscious Fluttershy by the tail in his hand. And he tells Soarin that he's accomplished exactly NOTHING. The sunlight doesn't kill him, it just robs him of his magic. And he's still a twenty foot tall centaur monstrosity fighting little ponies.

Cue Soarin stumbling to his feet... just to be knocked over by a single light swat. He's spent. It's over. He failed.

And then Big Mac falls from the sky and lands right on Tarek's back. Soarin hears something go pop. Big Mac catches fluttershy before she can hit the ground and Soarin looks up to figure out what the hay is happening.

Above him is the cavalry; it's been two days. Derpy and Boxy Brown are pulling the moving truck, which has had its top removed and has about 5 or 6 ponyville residents armed with pitchforks and other improvised weapons. They descend upon Tarek and distract him long enough for the elements to reorganize and he's just plain blasted. Like, gone. Twilight Sparkle is surprised they just killed him out. Scorpan, in human form, comes out of the cellar (having finally managed to untie himself from Applejack's interrogation knots earlier) and comments that there was nothing to purify; Tarek was a being of raw hatred.

Soarin asks if it's okay if he just faints now. Before he can get an answer, he does.

He wakes up in a hospital bed... located at the local shop, Eggs and Nails. He's told to be careful where he steps. Eggs and Nails escaped most of the damage, but a lot of inventory has been knocked on the floor and they might not have cleared it all away. He finds that Applejack is in a chair next to his bed and has fallen asleep. Big Mac shows up to check on him. Big Mac explains what happened (the group freed the ponies from Castle Midnight, which was on an island about 10 miles from the coast that nopony lived on, and Scorpan insisted on returning to his homeland of "Midgard" immediately, though he did thank them; he just had a lot of rebuilding to do in what was Tarek's homeworld. Scorpan said he'd destroy the gate so that nothing like this would happen again).

We get a male bonding scene with them, with Big Mac saying that he approves of Soarin (after all, not everyone would be willing to go through what Soarin's gone through for a pony he knew for one day) and makes typical big brother "don't mess with my sister or else" threats.

And the fic does in fact end with Soarin and Applejack back in Ponyville. They're at Cowboy Hats and Quiche, picking out a new hat for Applejack. She insisted he be along, because she can't get another pappy's hat, but she can make sure that the new hat is special by association with someone else she cares about. Cute happens. The end.)
    Thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    Not too much to say, really. I like this version of the ending, although I think I may have missed the part where Scorpan is more of a minion forced into evil rather than being evil himself (I think you might have mentioned that in a previous post, but I don't quite recall).

The new hat is a nice touch, helps ease the unhappiness of losing the first one.

I continue to like the "two random things" idea for the shops.

I have no idea for a title. I'm terrible with them usually.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    Not too much to say, really. I like this version of the ending, although I think I may have missed the part where Scorpan is more of a minion forced into evil rather than being evil himself (I think you might have mentioned that in a previous post, but I don't quite recall).

The new hat is a nice touch, helps ease the unhappiness of losing the first one.

I continue to like the "two random things" idea for the shops.

I have no idea for a title. I'm terrible with them usually.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I did, in fact, mention that; he reverts back to a human, non-mind controlled minion in sunlight.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Titles are HAAAARD.

Spoiler
    Show

Not really much else to add. I like it, ending is more solid now, and the final scene is certainly a nice closer.

I do like the change to the finishing move. Maybe it's because I see Soarin nearly flipping out at that point, and going nuts with the wind. The one-pony wind drill is better for that than the usual "fly around him and make a whirlwind".

Nice touch adding the posse at the end. Bonus points if you can work in an "Ayup" or "Anope" as an off-screen line right before Big Macintosh falls on Tarek.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-06-20 at 10:59 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I did, in fact, mention that; he reverts back to a human, non-mind controlled minion in sunlight.
    Right; I blame too much pony and not enough sleep for that oversight.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Titles are HAAAARD.

Spoiler
    Show
    The mushy thing that Apple Bloom told Soarin about was an abandoned rough draft of a letter Applejack sent to Soarin that was deemed too mushy by the elder apple sister... but Apple Bloom retrieved it from the garbage. This, plus Apple Bloom's evesdropping, leads Soarin to theorize that her cutey mark is there, just invisible, because it's spying.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I spy a plot hole. Your initial draft had Soarin suggests that Big Mac start heading out AFTER two days of no contact, not reaching there by two days. You're going to have to stretch the timeline a little longer.

I'm ambivalent about pegasi needing magical energy to fly though. Clearly their wings are there for a purpose and it would be weird if they can't fly without magic.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-06-20 at 11:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I spy a plot hole. Your initial draft suggests that Big Mac start heading out AFTER two days of no contact, not reaching there by two days. You're going to have to stretch the timeline a little longer.

I'm ambivalent about pegasi needing magical energy to fly though. Clearly their wings are there for a purpose and it would be weird if they can't fly without magic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps change it to "we're leaving tonight, fly ahead and see what's what" instead of "we're leaving in two days"?

I think it works. It looks like Soarin can still glide/maneuver once he's out of juice, so the wings aren't just for show. He's just miles in the air and can't generate enough non-magical lift to land safely.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-06-20 at 11:03 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I spy a plot hole. Your initial draft suggests that Big Mac start heading out AFTER two days of no contact, not reaching there by two days. You're going to have to stretch the timeline a little longer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Timeline of the promise is really easy to adjust.

And more, the wings are obviously a big part of it, just that I think that their weather magic is involved in it. So maybe he just crashes because he's miserable and tired and his wings have locked up a bit from overuse.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-20 at 11:03 PM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Timeline of the promise is really easy to adjust.

And more, the wings are obviously a big part of it, just that I think that their weather magic is involved in it. So maybe he just crashes because he's miserable and tired and his wings have locked up a bit from overused.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So long you explain it in a way that makes sense I suppose. It's more of a nitpick really, since the show itself doesn't explain a great deal how such a small wingspan support a pegasus anyway.

Did I mention I love the inclusion of the Ponyville residents helping out? I always love it when authors actually involve the background characters to do something other than standing around to be a plot point.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Well, based off the show, I would say at least Summer Sun and some unspecified winter holidays. Possibly also the Gala time?
    Probably the first day of each season actually.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Colossus in the Playground

So many spoiler boxes, it reminds me of the old days when a new episode would come out and reading the thread was an act of madness.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes! Truly this is the special talent of younger siblings the world over.

EDIT: @Thanqol - when is reading the thread ever NOT an act of madness?
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-06-20 at 11:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Aaaand part 5 of pony serial.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lix was capable of moving faster than anyone should rightly be able to move. I mean, the only other pony I knew that was half as good was Mask. She turned to the Amishman, pulling out one of her pistols. "Unhook the princess and bring her here!"
    "You've got a plan?" Always like the Amishman to state the obvious.
    "Yes, I've got a plan!" Lix always seemed at her most terrifying when she smiled. My blood ran cold. Celestia, no, don't shoot her, I silently pleaded. You monster.

The struggling Berry Ann was brought over to Lix, who hooked her arm beneath Berry Ann's armpits. She pulled Berry close, pinning the princess to her side, and then stepped to the edge of the roof. Lix looked over the side, chuckling. "That's a long drop, isn't it, your highness?" She pulled the pistol up, and fired three shots.

She was the best shot in the entire Guild - at least, she'd been when I'd left. She still had that perfect aim. All three bullets pierced the airship's sheath at its weakest points, ripping through the gas cells. There was a moment where the universe took a breath, and during that moment, Lix stepped off the roof, still clutching the princess tightly. Then the explosion hit us. I averted my eyes, and prayed that I wouldn't be struck by the shrapnel. I was, but only across my forehead - it didn't even hurt that much, the first I knew about it was when the blood started trickling down my face. The explosives strapped to us, thank Celestia, weren't triggered, but that explosion put the fear of death in me. I doubt anypony on board survived.

The flaming wreckage followed Lix down the side of the building, all too quickly, and I could hear - even from this far up - screams from down below. Every police officer down there had better be good at running. Good thing the person actually paying me was already in the building. After a moment, there was a horrifying crash, and yet another explosion.

The Amishman dashed over to the side of the roof, and stuck his head over the railing. "Did she actually- she didn't- she did." He shook his head. "That crazy mule actually survived that." Beneath his breath, he muttered, "I've got to get a grappling hook like that one of these days."
    "Um, boss..." One of his thugs said, waving his gun at us. "How're we gonna be off the roof when these go off?"
    The Amishman turned with a sick expression on his face. The kind of face that screams that you don't have a clue what the shut-down code is on the timer, and know just how much explosive has been packed onto the roof. "Horsedroppings," he said, wide-eyed.
    "We need to get off the roof!" One of the pirates yelled.
    "No good," The Amishman muttered. "The whole building's gonna go boom in..." He trotted over to the timer, looking down. His sick expression worsened. "Three minutes. Think we can shoot our way through the Army and the Guild and the Feds in three minutes, boys?" He raised an eyebrow as everyone went through the motions of shuffling their feet and checking their ammo nervously. "Yeah, don't think so, either."

It was then that I had an idea. "Mmmmph!" I rattled my chains, trying to get his attention. I flicked my eyes back down to the timer, back up at him, back down at the timer. C'mon, Amishman. For both our sakes. C'mon c'mon c'mon.

He looked at me. Back down at the bomb. Waved his gun in the direction of my face, hope spreading across his features. "You know the shut-down code, don't you?" Nod, nod nod nod. He stepped in close, fumbling with the gag. It didn't want to come off. Blast it, SiuiS, why'd you have to get the best gags available? The Amishman snarled, "Blood and thunder, come off!" And then, blessing of blessings, it clicked, sliding out of my mouth and retracting its tentacles.

The bruised-yet-handsome pony took a deep breath, his dry throat rattling, and then whispered, "1138. It's the Guild Code. She'd use it." His nemesis, grudgingly trusting him, slid open the timer controls. The red numbers on it seemed to be flashing by even faster than ever now, and the white pony with the shorn mane leaned in close to him, closing her eyes-
    1. 1. 3. 8. The numbers flashed even brighter for a moment, and then blinked out of existence. The timer's incessant hum wore down, until there was nothing but silence on the top of the building.

I felt the backlash immediately. This time, the Pattern just filled my nerve endings with fire and then ice, and turned my world white with pain. I probably screamed; Celestia knows that I've done that often enough. The real world slowly faded back into sight, and the pain subsided, becoming a mere ache all over. I came to realize that I was slumped up against Shimmer, breathing hoarsely. "Good thing she used the code," I muttered. It's just professional courtesy for a Narrativist to not point out what he did. The universe gets angry when you start pointing out where she had to dance to your tune.

I looked back up at the Amishman. "Good thing you got wind of what Lix was planning, and nearly managed to apprehend her. Too bad that she was just too good for you to beat alone, and that she personally saw to our bindings. Isn't that right, old friend?"
    He nodded. Say what you will about the Amishman, he's quick on the draw when his life's on the line. "Right. Riiiight. I might even get some kind of reward."
    "No. You get the reward when you help me bring her in. Now cut us loose, would you?"
    "Lix had the keys," he said sheepishly.
    "At least let Mask and Shimmer breathe freely, for Celestia's sake!"
    He nodded, then turned to his men. "You heard the Narrativist! Ungag 'em!"

Seconds later, the Kaiser himself smashed through the trapdoor, followed by SiuiS and his thugs. I don't think I've ever seen Cutters and Guildmen standing next to each other, but tonight was special.
    "It's all right," I said before we could get to the fighting. "We're all friends here."
    "Where is the Lix?" Darthbobcat began to stalk across the roof, giving every one of the pirates his trademark one-eyed-crazy stare. Behind him, the Guildmen had their tranqs and nets ready.
    "She got away from us," the Amishman said smoothly. "On the flipside, we managed to rescue three of her prisoners. Sir." He gave an awkward salute.
    "Cut 'em loose, boys," SiuiS said, waving airily at us. The Cutters pulled out their wire-cutters and torches, and began working on our chains. I simply laid my head back on the spire, closed my eyes, and breathed in deeply. Not bad for my first day back on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    What holidays would I get off if I changed my religion to Pony?
    Today, is festival of Applejack. Tomorrow, is the Night of Cutie Marks. Then, after that, comes feast of Saint Phoe. Lasts all week. Then comes the festival of our intercessor, Twilight Sparkle.

This continues until we come back to festival of Applejack.

Oh, thank you so...

... much?

Bad Phoe. You know what this means. *Breaks out the ropes, grinning*
    Bad Grif! Give me those ropes! No, I mean right now, mister!

If anyone's going to tie up Phoe, it's going to be me.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

So, My Little Pony: Budding Friendship (or: My Little Pony: Harvest Moon) may or may not happen in the future. But there's definitely a planning stage going on here.

Events to have:
    • Grand Galloping Gala
    • Summer Sun Celebration
    • Running of the Leaves
    • Winter Wrap-Up
    • Annual Rabbit Round-Up
    • Rodeo/Iron Pony Competition (maybe have the latter be a separate thing that can be initiated between the player and a non-player pony)
    • Best Young Flyer Competition
    • Trixie's Magic Show/Talent Show
    • Pinkie Parties

Pony customization is probably going to have to be a thing. Filly or colt, Earth Pony, Pegasus or Unicorn, maybe color customization too, but not as necessary.

I do think friendship is a good mechanic though instead of having romance-able ponies, with friendly ponies being willing to lend a hand. Alternatively, friendship version and a shipping version, though that'd take a lot more work, as it entails a lot of rewriting and new stuff.

Definitely going to have it in Ponyville, though kind of puts you in a weird situation with the Apple family. It's not unworkable, since it's not a huge leap to say there's more than one farming family in Ponyville.

That's all I've come up with for now. I'll try working on a map or maybe a couple basic player doodles first.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Aaaand part 5 of pony serial.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lix was capable of moving faster than anyone should rightly be able to move. I mean, the only other pony I knew that was half as good was Mask. She turned to the Amishman, pulling out one of her pistols. "Unhook the princess and bring her here!"
    "You've got a plan?" Always like the Amishman to state the obvious.
    "Yes, I've got a plan!" Lix always seemed at her most terrifying when she smiled. My blood ran cold. Celestia, no, don't shoot her, I silently pleaded. You monster.

The struggling Berry Ann was brought over to Lix, who hooked her arm beneath Berry Ann's armpits. She pulled Berry close, pinning the princess to her side, and then stepped to the edge of the roof. Lix looked over the side, chuckling. "That's a long drop, isn't it, your highness?" She pulled the pistol up, and fired three shots.

She was the best shot in the entire Guild - at least, she'd been when I'd left. She still had that perfect aim. All three bullets pierced the airship's sheath at its weakest points, ripping through the gas cells. There was a moment where the universe took a breath, and during that moment, Lix stepped off the roof, still clutching the princess tightly. Then the explosion hit us. I averted my eyes, and prayed that I wouldn't be struck by the shrapnel. I was, but only across my forehead - it didn't even hurt that much, the first I knew about it was when the blood started trickling down my face. The explosives strapped to us, thank Celestia, weren't triggered, but that explosion put the fear of death in me. I doubt anypony on board survived.

The flaming wreckage followed Lix down the side of the building, all too quickly, and I could hear - even from this far up - screams from down below. Every police officer down there had better be good at running. Good thing the person actually paying me was already in the building. After a moment, there was a horrifying crash, and yet another explosion.

The Amishman dashed over to the side of the roof, and stuck his head over the railing. "Did she actually- she didn't- she did." He shook his head. "That crazy mule actually survived that." Beneath his breath, he muttered, "I've got to get a grappling hook like that one of these days."
    "Um, boss..." One of his thugs said, waving his gun at us. "How're we gonna be off the roof when these go off?"
    The Amishman turned with a sick expression on his face. The kind of face that screams that you don't have a clue what the shut-down code is on the timer, and know just how much explosive has been packed onto the roof. "Horsedroppings," he said, wide-eyed.
    "We need to get off the roof!" One of the pirates yelled.
    "No good," The Amishman muttered. "The whole building's gonna go boom in..." He trotted over to the timer, looking down. His sick expression worsened. "Three minutes. Think we can shoot our way through the Army and the Guild and the Feds in three minutes, boys?" He raised an eyebrow as everyone went through the motions of shuffling their feet and checking their ammo nervously. "Yeah, don't think so, either."

It was then that I had an idea. "Mmmmph!" I rattled my chains, trying to get his attention. I flicked my eyes back down to the timer, back up at him, back down at the timer. C'mon, Amishman. For both our sakes. C'mon c'mon c'mon.

He looked at me. Back down at the bomb. Waved his gun in the direction of my face, hope spreading across his features. "You know the shut-down code, don't you?" Nod, nod nod nod. He stepped in close, fumbling with the gag. It didn't want to come off. Blast it, SiuiS, why'd you have to get the best gags available? The Amishman snarled, "Blood and thunder, come off!" And then, blessing of blessings, it clicked, sliding out of my mouth and retracting its tentacles.

The bruised-yet-handsome pony took a deep breath, his dry throat rattling, and then whispered, "1138. It's the Guild Code. She'd use it." His nemesis, grudgingly trusting him, slid open the timer controls. The red numbers on it seemed to be flashing by even faster than ever now, and the white pony with the shorn mane leaned in close to him, closing her eyes-
    1. 1. 3. 8. The numbers flashed even brighter for a moment, and then blinked out of existence. The timer's incessant hum wore down, until there was nothing but silence on the top of the building.

I felt the backlash immediately. This time, the Pattern just filled my nerve endings with fire and then ice, and turned my world white with pain. I probably screamed; Celestia knows that I've done that often enough. The real world slowly faded back into sight, and the pain subsided, becoming a mere ache all over. I came to realize that I was slumped up against Shimmer, breathing hoarsely. "Good thing she used the code," I muttered. It's just professional courtesy for a Narrativist to not point out what he did. The universe gets angry when you start pointing out where she had to dance to your tune.

I looked back up at the Amishman. "Good thing you got wind of what Lix was planning, and nearly managed to apprehend her. Too bad that she was just too good for you to beat alone, and that she personally saw to our bindings. Isn't that right, old friend?"
    He nodded. Say what you will about the Amishman, he's quick on the draw when his life's on the line. "Right. Riiiight. I might even get some kind of reward."
    "No. You get the reward when you help me bring her in. Now cut us loose, would you?"
    "Lix had the keys," he said sheepishly.
    "At least let Mask and Shimmer breathe freely, for Celestia's sake!"
    He nodded, then turned to his men. "You heard the Narrativist! Ungag 'em!"

Seconds later, the Kaiser himself smashed through the trapdoor, followed by SiuiS and his thugs. I don't think I've ever seen Cutters and Guildmen standing next to each other, but tonight was special.
    "It's all right," I said before we could get to the fighting. "We're all friends here."
    "Where is the Lix?" Darthbobcat began to stalk across the roof, giving every one of the pirates his trademark one-eyed-crazy stare. Behind him, the Guildmen had their tranqs and nets ready.
    "She got away from us," the Amishman said smoothly. "On the flipside, we managed to rescue three of her prisoners. Sir." He gave an awkward salute.
    "Cut 'em loose, boys," SiuiS said, waving airily at us. The Cutters pulled out their wire-cutters and torches, and began working on our chains. I simply laid my head back on the spire, closed my eyes, and breathed in deeply. Not bad for my first day back on the job.
    Good sir, how do you continue to churn out these magnificent pearls of writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Bad Grif! Give me those ropes! No, I mean right now, mister!

If anyone's going to tie up Phoe, it's going to be me.
    *grumbles* Fine.

You never let me have any fun.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Orc in the Playground

What just happened?
    I not only watched the show just to see how it was, but somehow liked most of it. It had it's moments, but overall it was strangely worthwhile.
    And my head exploded

And now I am watching episode four.

At midnight.
    Last edited by Betropper; 2011-06-20 at 11:37 PM.
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just to let you all know. Editing a quill in photoshop is pure torture. D= I will hopefully have a cutie mark to display and ask for advice sometime soon.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Betropper View Post
    What just happened?
    I not only watched the show just to see how it was, but somehow liked most of it. It had it's moments, but overall it was strangely worthwhile.
    And my head exploded

At midnight.
    Something a little different.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #561
    Firbolg in the Playground

What just happened?
    And my head exploded

At midnight.
    You're one of us, FOREVER.
    I was once like you, now I'm doing a comic series in which Fluttershy is in the Matrix.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-06-20 at 11:40 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

There! Today's NATG picture done. For Madmax and justice!

Spoiler
    Show

I'm slightly annoyed with how Maxxie's rear legs turned out. Something's off about them but I can't figure out what. But the rest of the picture came out so well that I don't care anymore.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post

Spoiler
    Show

snip

I'm slightly annoyed with how Maxxie's rear legs turned out. Something's off about them but I can't figure out what. But the rest of the picture came out so well that I don't care anymore.
    Rear legs from the rear are frustratingly difficult to draw.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

They're bending out in separate directions, making her look bow-legged. Pony butts actually look a fair bit different to that. Also, there are less reference pictures for pony butts than you'd think. Otherwise a great idea, wish I thought of it.

ALSO HI NEW GUY WE TALK ABOUT THINGS OTHER THAN PONY BUTTS HERE

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

What just happened?
    And my head exploded

At midnight.
    Yay, new additions! Soon, we will rule all!

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Good sir, how do you continue to churn out these magnificent pearls of writing?
    Story...

Concentrate your mind.
    Mutter the story to word processor tenderly.
    Think of somepony you don't like.
    Now unleash your annihilation of writing!

...is not difficult.

*grumbles* Fine.

You never let me have any fun.
    Thank you. Now, watch, as I demonstrate proper Phoe-baiting technique.

Ooooh, Phoooooe! I think I saw Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy making out over here! Ignore the ropes in my hand, I'm making sure you won't get tangled up in them by accident - am I not Pure and Honest?
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

27. - Top - End - #567

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    They're bending out in separate directions, making her look bow-legged. Pony butts actually look a fair bit different to that. Also, there are less reference pictures for pony butts than you'd think. Otherwise a great idea, wish I thought of it.

...or instead of DO THAT, you could just make sure that both the legs are moving towards your point of focus. The pony is pointing towards the computer, but the rear right leg is pointing off into nowhere.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

Even more Lyra!

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-06-21 at 12:08 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post

Actually the reference I was using was of Pinkie Pie from Dragonshy. Nice reference of her from behind with her looking back at the camera. In that one they had the two legs pointing in separate directions, so I went ahead and followed that since every other reference I could find had the ponies angled off to one side.

...I just realized I was digging for pictures of pony butts for a good half hour or so earlier for a reference so I could draw a pony butt...

HI NEW GUY THAT OTHER GUY YELLING AT YOU IS TOTALLY LYING.

30. - Top - End - #570

Actually the reference I was using was of Pinkie Pie from Dragonshy. Nice reference of her from behind with her looking back at the camera. In that one they had the two legs pointing in separate directions, so I went ahead and followed that since every other reference I could find had the ponies angled off to one side.

...I just realized I was digging for pictures of pony butts for a good half hour or so earlier for a reference so I could draw a pony butt...

HI NEW GUY THAT OTHER GUY YELLING AT YOU IS TOTALLY LYING.
    Well it seems a thing to have PONY BUTT covered by tail to try and avoid that kind of stuff.

WHY ARE WE YELLING ABOUT WHO IS YELLING ABOUT PONY BUTT?
    Spoiler
    Show