New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XI: "Mmph!"

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    you made your move, I see. But did you expect THIS?

Spoiler
    Show

aArt by: SumealEAllan

Funny one-shots. It only needs to be coloured to be 20% cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Yay, Multiple Pinkie Pie Birthday Party! (That could be dangerous!)
    Nonsense. Don't you know birthdays are good for your health? Each simultaneous one even multiplies the effect, giving you immortality if you hold enough birthdays at the same time.

The pink one said so. She seemed totally legit.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

In other words, it's my birthday today! Yay me!
    happy birthday

And don't forget what auntie Pinkie always says:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    Funny one-shots. It only needs to be coloured to be 20% cooler.
    I usually post colour pictures, I thought I change the pattern for once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

3. - Top - End - #813
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    Really? I always assumed you were some kind of side-effect from firing the orbital friendship cannon all those times. Either way happy birthday! Pinkie Pie will be along shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Really? The way I heard that story, a bunch of Wizards built a silver ladder to climb to Heaven and make themselves gods, but when they got there all they found was a cute little baby Unicorn, which they decided was good enough so they took it home and raised it.

I mean, I don't claim to know your creation story or anything, I just heard it from a lot of otherwise reliable sources.

Happy birthday, one way or another.
    Apparently I'm like the Joker, except with adorable back stories instead of bad ones. I think I approve of this!

But thank you, everypony!

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Prereader time!

Spoiler
    Show

- Actually, if the moon is like in real life, the moon is either cold, or blisteringly hot, as I understand it. Unless Luna made sure to move around it, staying in the "comfortable" zone as the moon rotated.

- "Life is really surprising sometimes." Tense shift- was.

- I'd give the guards a reason to be spoil sports. Like, mention decorum, or the skipping is echoing loudly, etc.

- "They soon reached the first destination on her list of stops" Kinda clunky. I'd make it"they soon reached their first stop."

- “Your Highness? If I may be so bold to ask, but could you please keep your hooves on the ground?” delete the would but.

- "and a small pedastel" pedestal

Chapter 2

- Hee hee, bureaucracy jokes.

- "One-by-one it is then." One on one it was then.

- "She took a few deep breaths. Relax. It’s just a single group. You can always come back to this one later." This scene has a few of these, along with the one by one. I realize now that some of them are suppose to be Luna's internal monologue. Either rephrase it so it's 3rd person, or italicize the thoughts.

Overall: Not sure what to think. Luna fics are an interesting beast, but they have a tendency to hit similar notes. This one is on the sad Luna side of things. However, what you capture here is her dealing with ponies who aren't meaning to set her off. And she's having to deal with the bitterness and fight it down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the grammar/spelling catches.

I kind of styled myself into a corner with her thoughts. I was trying to keep her nagging/jealous internal voice in italics (also flashbacks), which means that I need to keep her normal internal stuff in third person. I'll be sure to fix those parts.

Re: Overall - It's absolutely understandable if you don't know what to think yet. Chapter 3 is where a lot of the "so what" of this story happens while the first two are setting it up. Though, you have made me think of something that's got me a bit bothered. See the question below:

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    I enjoyed this bit. Your potrayal of Luna seemed perfectly reasonable, though a little on the sad side.

I'll have to admit, her sudden inability to raise the stars was felt a little forced. Maybe some more hints before this? It works as a plot mover, but it seemed to come out of the left field.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whew. Glad it seems logical/reasonable to somepony other than me.

Hmm, what if I made it so that she can raise the stars, but because her mind is still preoccupied with the meeting and waking up early she can't focus well enough to move them all at once? I'll see what I can do to hint at it more, maybe add something about "remembering to stay calm and focused" when she raises them in Chapter 1.

A question for both of you:

Spoiler
    Show
    As it stands, there's a lot of time difference between the chapters (3-4 months between the first two, slated 8-9 months between two and three) which means we see Luna after she's had to deal with the events of the previous chapter for a while. Thus, the tone of each chapter should be different from the last one. I'm worried that changing the tone too much is going to be confusing for the readers. Has the shift been drastic for you, or have you even noticed a shift?

Oh right, Happy Birthday EsperDerek! I'd post a pony-related birthday picture, but the risk of discovery is a mite too high right now.

I can fully endorse the pink one's advice. She has brought me nothing but delicious party cake and joy. Or maybe insanity. I always get those two mixed up.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-06-22 at 08:49 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy birth/creation/finding day Esper! Have a party-related comic I just found.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #816

Oh my Celestia there's dozens of them now and they're all making me party! The streamers and party balloon are everywhere! I've played pin the tail on the donkey forty times in a row already!

There's been so many cakes and cupcakes and pies and other sweets stuffed down my throat I'm rolling around someone help me save me from all the Pinkies!

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh my Celestia there's dozens of them now and they're all making me party! The streamers and party balloon are everywhere! I've played pin the tail on the donkey forty times in a row already!

There's been so many cakes and cupcakes and pies and other sweets stuffed down my throat I'm rolling around someone help me save me from all the Pinkies!
    You know what could help with that? Sending them all away to a birthday party. Put together by Pinkie. For, I dunno, EsperDerek, since today's his birthday.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cutie Mark Crusaders birthday party throwers!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Aww, but why would you want to do that? Parties are good for you! And the pink one just wants to make you smile. You don't want to hurt her feelings by being a meany pants, do you?

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Cutie Mark Crusaders birthday party throwers!
    And then everything was on fire.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Barbarian in the Playground

And so, nearly one thousand years ago, the great Princess Celestia looked out upon her creation...and found it wanting.

There wast just something missing! A void that needed to be filled!

"What this place needs, is to be twenty percent cooler!" The Princess of the Sun exclaimed, and set to work, to fill the void that was in Equestria.

Gathering the light of the sun and the moon, and infusing it with her own magic, Celestia's new creation began to take shape. Hooves and horn appeared, tail and mane, the living creature being woven together by Celestia's grace and skill. Finally, it was finished. A small, purple-pelted filly hung in the air.

Princess Celestia gently took her creation in her wings, gave it a gentle nuzzle, and named her a very strange name for a pony. This tiny little pony would forever be known as 'EsperDerek', and he seemed to have an excessive amount of love in her appendix, and some problems with his gender. (Is she male or female? Even EsperDerek isn't completely sure anymore.) But none the less, the Princess was satisfied with her new creation.

And that's how Equestria (or, at least, a small part of it) was created.

Of course, Celestia's detractors would say that she got very, very drunk on her birthday night, and woke up the next morning with a blazing headache and EsperDerek already created in a drunken stupor, but this is a complete lie and you shouldn't believe it.

So, ridiculously cute story, and happy birthday!!

12. - Top - End - #822

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    oh god why is my house on fire now

Can't escape the Pinkies....can't escape the cute...

Must...must....

MUST PARTY! WOOO!

13. - Top - End - #823
    Colossus in the Playground

Must...must....

MUST PARTY! WOOO!
    Spoiler
    Show

Best. Party. Ever!

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ettin in the Playground

Cutie Mark Crusaders Firefighters!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Best. Party. Ever!
    At least nobody told the Crusaders about the Spanish inquisition. Right? Did anyone tell....them...

I'm just going to go hide now. Why do all the parties end this way? With fire?
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-06-22 at 09:35 AM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Must...must....

MUST PARTY! WOOO!
    The target has joined the party.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-06-22 at 09:37 AM.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Colossus in the Playground

At least nobody told the Crusaders about the Spanish inquisition. Right? Did anyone tell....them...

If I'm gonna invest four dots in Forces, I'm gonna get four dots of Forces worth of value. If that means using a Transmute Party to Fire spell, so be it.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-06-22 at 09:38 AM.

18. - Top - End - #828

Because all how good a party is, is signified by the damage that's left over at the end of it!

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

To be fair, they've never messed up that badly, with the possible exception of that table.

Also, Happy Birthday, EsperDerek.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe it's your avatar, but I somehow expected your origins to involve more Twixie...

Either way, happy birthday EsperDerek!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

21. - Top - End - #831

Spoiler
    Show

Best. Party. Ever!
    Cutie Mark Crusader Knights Hospitilar!
    Hacksaw!
    Hacksaw!
    Hacksaw!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    To be fair, they've never messed up that badly, with the possible exception of that table.

Also, Happy Birthday, EsperDerek.
    True, but at the same time a good birthday party requires a birthday cake. And a good birthday cake requires candles. Do you trust the Crusaders around open flame? I don't trust the Crusaders around open flame.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

True, but at the same time a good birthday party requires a birthday cake. And a good birthday cake requires candles. Do you trust the Crusaders around open flame? I don't trust the Crusaders around open flame.
    I don't trust the Cutie Mark Crusaders around open flames, closed flames, hot flames, cold flames, new flames, old flames, red flames, blue flames, or small pets.

24. - Top - End - #834

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    I don't trust the Cutie Mark Crusaders around open flames, closed flames, hot flames, cold flames, new flames, old flames, red flames, blue flames, or small pets.
    The CMCs once accidentally lit an ice cube on fire.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

"Art thou a witch, viva espana?"

(Cookies for reference.)

Oh, and happy b-day, Espie.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    The CMCs once accidentally lit an ice cube on fire.
    The CMCs once accidentally lit fire on fire.

27. - Top - End - #837

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Maybe it's your avatar, but I somehow expected your origins to involve more Twixie...

Either way, happy birthday EsperDerek!
    That would be Origin #4, actually.

And no, I can't say I trust the CMC around any sort of open flame. Or closed flame. Or, you know, those fake candles, too.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    "Art thou a witch, viva espana?"

(Cookies for reference.)

Oh, and happy b-day, Espie.
    If that was a reference to Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimen You do indeed earn internet cookies.

Probably just me leaping to conclusions.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-06-22 at 10:14 AM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    The CMCs once accidentally lit fire on fire.
    The CMCs once lit a total vacuum on fire.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy birth/creation/finding day Esper! Have a party-related comic I just found.

Spoiler
    Show

Is...is that a "nyoro~n" comic? And here I thought that was deader than disco.