New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XI: "Mmph!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    That's good, I figured that having 20 or so episodes of continuity beforehand would make the battle very confusing for a new watcher. If you liked it, you really need to watch the rest of the series. Avatar is one of the best American cartoon series ever made.

I know it's old, but there's got to be at least one person here who hasn't seen it yet. Right?

Right?

...Right?
    *raises hand

I missed the entire run when it was shown here.

@ponyAmish
    3 days before you succumb to the madness. You might as well surrender your soul to the pink one now.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-06-22 at 08:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    How long until Amish Pirate royally screws up to his utter and complete humilation? Bonus points if you can also predict whether or not I can talk my way out of the resulting snafu!
    2 days at the most, and will involve an explanation about how ponies are in your DNA. FOREVER
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

More crossover ponies:

Spoiler
    Show

Oh, also:

@TheAmishPirate - somepony somepony somepony somepony somepony somepony someone somepony somepony somepony...which one of these is not like the others?
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure if I should be insulted that you all think I can't last more than 3 days, or honored that you all know me so well.

Anyway, if we're going to do this proper, I'm going to have to ask that we keep our bets on different numbers. I can't have half the thread sitting on three days.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #905

I'm not sure if I should be insulted that you all think I can't last more than 3 days, or honored that you all know me so well.

Anyway, if we're going to do this proper, I'm going to have to ask that we keep our bets on different numbers. I can't have half the thread sitting on three days.
    How about: if you last 3 days, I make a crossover of your choice.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I hope you don't mind if I say a rather large number, but 60 days, or 2 months. I expect it will creep up on you when you least expect it. You'll spend weeks monitoring your speech, making sure your secret is not exposed, until finally you let your guard down, confident that you have trained yourself to use normal pronouns. And then it happens.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

Any date is fine, I'm just the impartial bet-taker and eventual target of scorn. Higher guesses just improve my self-esteem slightly.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Troll in the Playground

Any date is fine, I'm just the impartial bet-taker and eventual target of scorn. Higher guesses just improve my self-esteem slightly.
    If it makes you feel better, I was singing "Giggle at the Ghosties" this morning under my breath, hoping no one heard it...it just got stuck in my head today.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #909
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yes everypony, guess higher and improve his confidence; it will make his inevitable downfall at 3 days that much more painful for him!

"Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Yes everypony, guess higher and improve his confidence; it will make his inevitable downfall at 3 days that much more painful for him!

It'll also put him in a false sense of security, further increasing the odds of him failing at 3 days.

...I'm betting 2 days.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

To make this EVEN MORE OFFICIAL: The clock will start when I arrive at work at 9 AM EST. You have until then to make your best guess. I'll take the last guess posted, and may the best brony win.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

Just to be completely out of line with everyone else's geuss I think that you'll be so focused on it that you actually end up saying it in around... ohhh let's say 12 hours Maximum.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

13. - Top - End - #913
    Bugbear in the Playground

so, the first 4 panels of She-ra parody is done. this is going to take longer then I expected.

experimenting with line length, scan resolutions, and learning to draw on tablet is killing what little quality remains in my talentless art... I think I am gonna have to learn vector graphics

Spoiler
    Show
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ettin in the Playground

I am confident in the pirate. I give him four days.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

15. - Top - End - #915

Hey remember when I heavily implied I'd whip up a Watchpony today? Well I went a completely different direction for no reason. I've had this idea since someone posted Fluttershy Luigi.

Why, because I'm SOOOO random.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-06-22 at 10:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #916

WELP. It's starting. I can now no longer listen to songs with the words "anybody", "everybody", or "nobody" without pausing and thinking, "Wait, that's not right." It's like reading a misspelled word, but still reading it correctly. It's this little hiccup in your mind.

It's starting to invade the part of my head that controls speech. I'm finding it hard to say those words without having a brain-hiccup. It's only a matter of time before I slip up in conversation. I think the next step is obvious...

PLACE YA BETS

How long until Amish Pirate royally screws up to his utter and complete humilation? Bonus points if you can also predict whether or not I can talk my way out of the resulting snafu!
    How much time left in the day? Put me down for five days with talking your way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    so, the first 4 panels of She-ra parody is done. this is going to take longer then I expected.

experimenting with line length, scan resolutions, and learning to draw on tablet is killing what little quality remains in my talentless art... I think I am gonna have to learn vector graphics

Spoiler
    Show
    I needed that laugh, thank you.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-06-22 at 10:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

@Gadora: There's still a good 10 hours before the clock actually starts, and from then on it'll be off of midnight EST. If the timing should ever be an issue in the final decision, I'll work something out.

@Everypony: I've made a spreadsheet for current wagers! The aforementioned bets!

Kyouhen and Grif, you both picked numbers that were already taken. Unless you want to share the fabulous prize, you may want to pick other numbers.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-06-22 at 10:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, I'm going to give our good pirate an entire week before he cracks; however I submit that he will be unable to use clever words to get out of the predicament.

Unrelated: I'm thinking about trying to match ponies to Meyers-Briggs personality types. Why? Because I can (and I'm bored).

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #919
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Unrelated: I'm thinking about trying to match ponies to Meyers-Briggs personality types. Why? Because I can (and I'm bored).
    Already been done. Don't have the image file, though, but I remember it being in one of the pony threads.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    Already been done. Don't have the image file, though, but I remember it being in one of the pony threads.
    Awww...oh well, guess I'll just do it for amusement then.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    I think this is what you're looking for?

Warning: Gratuitous-Sized chart

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-06-22 at 10:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    I am doing a ridiculous amount of giggling right now, you have no idea. Oh goodness gracious.

23. - Top - End - #923

So I guess I'm furnishing the prize then: winner gets a pony crossover of their choosing!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #924
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, most of my choices so far agree...I must press on; independent replication for science! The science of ponies!

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #925

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Hmm, most of my choices so far agree...I must press on; independent replication for science! The science of ponies!
    The problem with doing science here is that this is the place logic comes to die.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ettin in the Playground

@Gadora: There's still a good 10 hours before the clock actually starts, and from then on it'll be off of midnight EST. If the timing should ever be an issue in the final decision, I'll work something out.

@Everypony: I've made a spreadsheet for current wagers! The aforementioned bets!

Kyouhen and Grif, you both picked numbers that were already taken. Unless you want to share the fabulous prize, you may want to pick other numbers.
    Fine. I shall one-up the bet and say you'll last one day before you let slip. Muahaha. I have it on the authority of the Partilicious and Irreverant Pinkie Pie.

@Kairaven I'm giggling madly on my iPod now. And I can't stop.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Troll in the Playground

I'll show faith in you. 7 days.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So, after contemplating it and neglecting the more minor characters (for time's sake), I only really disagree with a couple assignments.

Pinkie - I'd change this to ESFP
    Fluttershy - I'd change to ISFJ
    Rarity - I'd make a big change to ISFP

EDIT: (The changes are based on a separate set of type descriptions than the ones in the picture)
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-06-22 at 11:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #929

I'm laying down my bet of six days. You need a little time for it to sink in properly and your guard to fall.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno what we're betting on but i'll go with Four days!

I like 4 =3 such a nice number...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig