New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Geist] Diamond Dogs

While the others are reading that book Elliot is perusing a quick cursory investigation of his own. He tries to see the filing system for the safe, maybe he can guess at the title of the missing book by seeing what it is in-between?

Spoiler
    Show
    Int(3) + Investigation(2)
    (5d10)[5][10][10][6][3](34)tens(5d10)[6][10][8][6][5](35)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Hmm fascinating absolutly fascinating" Richard excitedly exclaims "I'd love to visit this Black Ballroom and speak with its inhabitants" he pauses briefly before continueing in a serious tone "There are 2 questions this raises first, was the Diamond Duke being taken by the sparrow to the Black Ballroom and stolen on the way there or was he going else where and taken to the Ballroom by force? and second, was the original manuscript about the Black Ballroom the book taken from the Dukes Safe?"
    Last edited by Burnheart; 2011-07-12 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

3. - Top - End - #93

"I'm afraid I can't help you," says Mlle. Potvin. "The only person who knew what books were in the safe was the Duke himself, and possibly whoever left the vault open."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"I think we should try to find the Iron Witch" Richard says "She would know everything that the Duke knew and it looks as though the duke most likely knew who killed him" Richard looks around at everyone before continuing "Finding her will be dangerous though as she would have travelled back to the underworld upon the Dukes untimely demise"
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Samuel looked at Richard. In his eyes you could see he was calculating, judging, trying to get an idea of the risks involved. He didn't have a clue. He didn't like going into the Underworld, not with so little knowledge of what was going on, but he didn't know what else to do. He nods in agreement to Richards proposal.

6. - Top - End - #96

Elliot is excited to finally get to vist the Underworld. He Imediately throws himself into planning.

"If we are going Below we'll need supplies. Food, water, bribes, a map if we can get one. I have light."
    Last edited by The Kings Raven; 2011-07-19 at 04:35 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

"I shall go to the supermarket and get some food for all of us. How much should we get? And any special dietary needs I should be aware of?"

Unless decided otherwise, Samuel will go to the supermarket and get a bunch of food, stuff you'd normally take on a picknick.

8. - Top - End - #98

"We should get as much food and water as we can carry, and some proper backpacks. We can always give the left overs to any Ghosts."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"I've never been to the underworld before though i have always wanted to, has anyone here been before?" Richard asks the others "Does anyone know of an entrance we can use?"

10. - Top - End - #100

Mlle. Potvin answers this question. "I know that when the Duke travelled to the Underworld, he tended to access it from the Yama Kings gate in Chinatown. Certainly, that was his most common ingress."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Alright, then that where we will go. Right? Shall me meet again in say, one hour? I'll go to store to buy food and you all can get the stuff you need. We'll meet in Chinatown?"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"That sounds like a good plan to me sir" Richard replies "Say did the duke ever write down anything about his own experiences in the underworld?" he asks Mlle. Potvin.

13. - Top - End - #103

I will see you in the hour

Elliot begins planning how to inform his parents in a way that looked like he wasn't running away to another dimension without letting anyone know yet at the same time didn't give them any opportunity to prevent, or even ask him not to go before it's too late.

Come to think of it where are his parents? They were at the party earlier but in all the excitement he wasn't watching them.