New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

I'll be gone from mid August to mid September in Honduras.

While I'll catch up, don't expect me to go the extra SiuiS mile and respond to every last thing.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Episode 24: "And now the punch has been... Spiked!" I thought this was funny, but might fly right over most kids heads.
    Oh i completely got it! That's why i love this show! It's not just a children's show because it also has so many references most kids wouldn't get!

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I'll be gone from mid August to mid September in Honduras.

While I'll catch up, don't expect me to go the extra SiuiS mile and respond to every last thing.
    well have fun in Honduras!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Is Rarity aware of Spike's crush? What do YOU think?
    Probably, although she likely thinks of it like the a little kid's crush - which it kind of is, actually. It might be amusing to see how she reacts to the "reveal" either way, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    her breakdown shows a huge amount of character, by extrapolation. She's usually quiet, afraid of the ripples she will cause. What could make the affection o animals so important that she would have that sort of snap?

It's actually the same kind of characterization you find in Dominic Deegan. We just aren't as heartbroken, so we interpret it as depth rather than supposedly bad writing.
    I do like when Fluttershy stands up for herself (Dragonshy, Stare Master) and thought her showing at the Gala was her personal crowning moment in the first season. I agree, breaking out of her shyness shows more depth to her - and what causes her to do so shows what is important to her.

I haven't watched DD for years, and it was mostly still a comedy starting with a plotline back then. I honestly have enough webcomics that I'm not reading at the moment to add another, though. I have too much pony fanfiction to read through, anyways.

And yes, there are people who read through your large posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Only one way to combat cuteness like this!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPen3pUupgs

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post

Only one way to combat cuteness like this!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPen3pUupgs
    I think i win as far as fluttershy awesomeness goes!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uj3...1&feature=fvwp

5. - Top - End - #275

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Earz View Post
    I think i win as far as fluttershy awesomeness goes!
    Was that a challange? Because if it was, it's time to pull out my secret weapon - Humanshy!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

(My apologizes for the lack of sources, though.)

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    I have your parents' address on speedmail. Also, your future grandchildren. And Molestia.
    The first two already know, the third is a .... poker... buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Fine then.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    That'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Lixie, Lixie, Lixie. You do me too little credit. Why ever would I do something as crude and straight-forward as a simple order of ascent? Did you not notice my careful position of pony to context? (Well, okay, not Applebloom and Sweetie Bell so much, but the others anyway.)
    Yup, but the usage of my Nitpicking Defense negated its effect.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    The first two already know, the third is a .... poker... buddy.
    Poker huh. Personally, I hardly know her.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Was that a challange? Because if it was, it's time to pull out my secret weapon - Humanshy!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Eh, Fluttershy is a pony for a reason!!

If you have the indurance and the time, try to watch THIS all the way through. I gave up at 15 minutes.
    Last edited by Bunny Earz; 2011-06-26 at 05:01 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279

GnomeWizardGuy

Oh, I've watched Myomyomyomyomyomyomyon! for hours. Or rather, I've put it in the background on loop and listened to it for over one repeat. The problem with that one is that the flipping screen (especially the background) gets very annoying to look at after awhile.

Have a fun one. Share it with your friends. Laugh at your enemies.

And there is too much normal cute Fluttershy. My harddrive couldn't hold it all! I mean, that's only 200 GB of storage if I took off Windows.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Ohai. Speedfic compilation is up.

GitP Entries as follows:
    Raz_Fox
    Grif
    Gamerlord

Couldn't find Shadowydragon entry though. Did you submit in another nick?

11. - Top - End - #281

Oh, I've watched Myomyomyomyomyomyomyon! for hours. Or rather, I've put it in the background on loop and listened to it for over one repeat. The problem with that one is that the flipping screen (especially the background) gets very annoying to look at after awhile.

And there is too much normal cute Fluttershy. My harddrive couldn't hold it all! I mean, that's only 200 GB of storage if I took off Windows.
    Well Fluttershy is an assault rifle of cute. Deadly and powerful. I prefer to stockpile CMCs, the carpet bomb of cute.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

So what's the ICBM of cute? Sad Fluttershy? Filly Fluttershy? Sad Filly Fluttershy? Sad CMCs?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    So what's the ICBM of cute? Sad Fluttershy? Filly Fluttershy? Sad Filly Fluttershy? Sad CMCs?
    Close, Happy Filly Fluttershy.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh god, Sad Luna! I'm so sorry I forgot about you! We can go do whatever you want! Party, abacus, ice cream, whatever'll make you feel better!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

wow that is odd...
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Well Fluttershy is an assault rifle of cute. Deadly and powerful. I prefer to stockpile CMCs, the carpet bomb of cute.
    Why else do you think Fluttershy is my avatar?
    Oh god, Sad Luna! I'm so sorry I forgot about you! We can go do whatever you want! Party, abacus, ice cream, whatever'll make you feel better!
    I'm up for that! Sad Luna is adorable!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxoGmVjAsmE

I listened to that thing on loop while I did the speedfic.
    As soon as a I finished the speedfic I collapsed from cuteness over-exposure.
    I'm STILL listening to it.
    How does one loop a video? I know there's something you can do to the URL, but not what. And I can't actually just click a loop button or anything on YouTube, so...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Fixed that for you. And no, it's not weird at all.

Now, about this little wager you proposed:

Spoiler
    Show
    There were a lot of very long words there, and I'm naught by a humble Amish Pirate. But I think I can gather what it is you're saying, and you can tell me if I've got it right. You are betting that my efforts at not saying the p-word will be more noticeable than actually saying it. That when I'm about to slip up, the catching myself and mental train wreck that ensues will be so noticeable that the other person calls me out on it.

I like it. We have an accord, my good manmare.
    Excellent! Gambling is fun~!

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Did Lix put away the gender bender yet?

>.>

<.<
    No, I'm pretty sure Lix Lorn can't put away the Lix Lorn - but you can!
    *gives HT a pokéball*
    there ya go, mate. Go to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Fortunately, Lix reversed my gender. Female Orzel is such a dirty cladder and it'll take more than a few cute pictures to cleanse my mind long enough to by swayed.

*straps on a saddle*
    Right here in the thread, in front of everypony?
    Scandallous!

(it occurs to me that the pony version of "throwing your cloak over a naked person" would be "tearing off their clothes before they fully fasten them".
    WHAT HAVE WE WROUGHT?!)

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Edit: Commander, as an omnicidal maniac myself, I can say that that was overk-... overkute (totally what I was going to say!). Really, anyone not turned by that wouldn't be swayed by a fic/picture of Fluttershy being taught how to be socially adept by Twilight (with hilarious and adorable results). In any case, I will come to your aid.
    I read "Fluttershy being taught by Twilight Sparkle" and went in a whole different direction with this <_<"

Fine then.

IRON HEART SURGE.
    we all know that's what you really meant ;₫

Quote Originally Posted by Commadore Logan
    DarthBobcat, Druid Droid, EsperDerek, Grif, Kyouhen, Lix, MCerberus, Phoe, Raz, SiuiS, tonberrian, Thanqol, TheAmishPirate, Welf... I beg you, will someone please help Trixie? She's already done enough damage for one week, and she is powerful enough to do considerably more, especially in her current state.
    Sorry, mate. When the God-Mod-ing comes out, I get steppin'. It's not worth the hassle without an actual system of arbitration. Doesn't help that your autonomy requires the existence of but a single timeline. But you'd beat me if we were fighting. You know why?

You've got class. Any offensive which ends with me standing over my own smoldering corpse and clapping is a success for my opponent.

-

Dropped quotes were dropped. No fun!

Grif, we've known Olympia's name since at least a thread ago (maybe two?) when it was brought out that shotGrif was 'cannon' (oh ho ho more weapon puns!).

Don't worry, I won't handle your munitions.

This work?

And I was offering it more to as a bribe to get someone to draw the G-Gundam characters as ponies.

Thank you for with holding or not but the reason the gender swap stuff doesn't effect me is because I'd prefer it not to, I find it squicky. You don't need to stop doing it, just know that it won't be affecting me. Also, Integrity Protection Prana.

And when my avatar request gets finished, I'd be willing to have him show up in stories as long as he's not getting shipped with someone.
    Yes, yes it does. Thanks, friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Consider it done.
    Woohoo~!

If they think I'm joking, we have an extra layer of defense.
    ... I guess. Yeah. Ok, yeah! Alright.

Nyaa?
    Well, we have Hate Beams flyin' around explodin' and then we have a post-apocalyptic universe where Phoe has to rescue Rainbow Dash from an evil bondage queen *ahem*, and a pony Noir story wherein you gave yourself a Glasgow smile (... Which, on a different topic, could be creepy on a pony, or it could be damn charming looking, and now I want pictures ... ) and have set about gettin vengeance on hose who insist on such trivialities as safe words and consent.

So I'm pretty certain there is a correlation, even if we just have to chastise Raz for leaving a Simulacrum-Lix at the point of impact.

It's a retroactive shaping effect on your parents genes, not you. IPP doesn't help.
    O.O. Um, Lix, dearie, doesn't that seem a little severe?! even good ol' reality revision doesn't stretch that far back. You've... That... Do you happen to know a chap named Veldrin? Thin, elfy looking half-fiend fiend demon prince elf-guy with bat wigs and blue-red skin? I suspect as a pony he'd be a Billy goat to spite me.

Of course, my dearest fox. (Does so)
    the sheer number of emote methods astounds me. I was certain that there was an Internet standard for a while there, but it seems I was wrong. Neat!

...wait...
    How do you blackmail the bondage queen using bondage?
    Who cares? The facts are: things happened, he took pictures, he "threatened" to distribute them.

Maybe by destroying all the film rather than sharing with you?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is getting tiresome to keep up with...
    who wants to join me in a white text conversation!?

19. - Top - End - #289

GnomeWizardGuy

@Bunny Earz: Never!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    I just realized something. That's not Luna still on the moon, imagining the time she can get out - you can see the moon in the background. It's Luna after exile, and getting left by herself during evenings.
    Aww, poor Luna! Have some hugs.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

How does one loop a video? I know there's something you can do to the URL, but not what. And I can't actually just click a loop button or anything on YouTube, so...
    add repeat after the youtube in the url. So it's youtuberepeat.

No, I'm pretty sure Lix Lorn can't put away the Lix Lorn - but you can!
    *gives HT a pokéball*
    there ya go, mate. Go to town.
    Hey, now they know my weakness!

(it occurs to me that the pony version of "throwing your cloak over a naked person" would be "tearing off their clothes before they fully fasten them".
    WHAT HAVE WE WROUGHT?!)

I ♥ this thread.

Well, we have Hate Beams flyin' around explodin' and then we have a post-apocalyptic universe where Phoe has to rescue Rainbow Dash from an evil bondage queen *ahem*, and a pony Noir story wherein you gave yourself a Glasgow smile (... Which, on a different topic, could be creepy on a pony, or it could be damn charming looking, and now I want pictures ... ) and have set about gettin vengeance on hose who insist on such trivialities as safe words and consent.

So I'm pretty certain there is a correlation, even if we just have to chastise Raz for leaving a Simulacrum-Lix at the point of impact.

I seeeeeeee. xD

O.O. Um, Lix, dearie, doesn't that seem a little severe?! even good ol' reality revision doesn't stretch that far back. You've... That... Do you happen to know a chap named Veldrin? Thin, elfy looking half-fiend fiend demon prince elf-guy with bat wigs and blue-red skin? I suspect as a pony he'd be a Billy goat to spite me.

It's fun.

the sheer number of emote methods astounds me. I was certain that there was an Internet standard for a while there, but it seems I was wrong. Neat!

I don't understand.

Who cares? The facts are: things happened, he took pictures, he "threatened" to distribute them.

Maybe by destroying all the film rather than sharing with you?

That monster. He has me by the tail now. DX
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Sius, a fellow brony brought up a good point:

Spoiler
    Show
    For the sake of this wager, do I actually say the p-word, or do I catch myself? I'd like to hear your version of the sequence of events that leads to the all-important moment of "who the heck wins this thing".

Also, this is a bit of my own curiosity:

I bet this because you are a nice guy, a swell chap (haha! Braeburn joke) and you don't realize, sweet as you are, that permission is thrice as hard to find as forgiveness; that life is actually easier apologizing for mistakes than thinking ahead. This is the beautiful, double-edged sword of being a good person.
    Did...did you get all that about me just from my posting here, or is this just fancy writing?
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

okay, here some thoughts on Semper Fidelis:

Spoiler
    Show
    First of all, this is just what I think and how I see the relation of Big mac to his sisters.

"Apple Bloom!"
    The little filly shrank in her chair. "S-sorry Big Macintosh. Ah just got carried away."
    Soarin was glad Big Macintosh had intervened.
    I'd exchanged the exclamation mark for an full-stop.
    As I see it, Big Mac is respected by his little sister and she considers him her (surrogate-)father. he is good at filling that role, since he is self-confident and patient. She loves him, so her biggest concern should be his disappointment. I don't think she would actually challenge his decisions or orders, so it's not necessary for Big Mac to reinforce his authority by raising his voice. Generally I think Big Mac wouldn't see the need to use "firm looks" or a "tone" that "allowed for no argument" since he assumes that Apple Bloom does what he says in the first place and knows how to behave.

"You seem like a good sort, but mah sister ain't got much experience with colts. So ah got mah eye on you."
    Soarin gulped nervously. "W-what do you mean by that?"
    "Just what ah said." And with that, Big Macintosh walked back into the dining room to clean up from Soarin's snack.
    I don't think Big Mac would see the need make a threat towards Soarin. Big Mac is Applejack's big brother, not her father. And from the series I got the feeling that they are equals and there is a certain amount of sibling rivalry, so it's not his role to play her father. Also the need to protect his sister seems somewhat disrespectful towards her. She is independent, strong and not afraid of standing up for herself. In a gender reversed situation a relaxed female Big Mac wouldn't tell a potential girlfriend to not hurt her hot-headed younger brother, so I don't think it would happen the other way round.
    Also I can't imagine Big Mac being threatening, he has too much of a 'gentle giant'. I see him making positive statements about wanting his sister being happy, but not negative statements about how he would enforce that. I don't think Big Mac even knows how to be threatening; he is so big and strong that everybody just does what he wants. In a fight Soarin would probably win since Big mac never had to learn how to fight.

I hope that made any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

23. - Top - End - #293
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Eh. The first picture is really nice, but Fluttershy is a strange creature.
    As a human, she is (at least superficially) the embodiment of everything wrong with internet/anime culture, to me. I have met people with flutterpersonas and each and every one rang hollow, like the cracked Third Island (ohpleaseohpleaseDearCelestiaplease let someone get what I mean by that). each person felt false, hollow and forced. It has never come across naturally in any of the many times I've met someone like this. It honestly made me strongly dislike Fluttershy until she sank in. Heck, it's why I'm still mostly innured to Fluttershy Cuteness.

But Fluttershy as a pony? As an earnest, complex and well meaning being? She is adorable. sooo adorable 030

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Poker huh. Personally, I hardly know her.
    Aww, you beat me to it. * faux pout*

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Ohai. Speedfic compilation is up.

GitP Entries as follows:
    Raz_Fox
    Grif
    Gamerlord

Couldn't find Shadowydragon entry though. Did you submit in another nick?
    Cool! Thanks, Grif.

Luna: Well, the happiest I've ever been was when Midnight was born, and helping to raise her and teach her. So, how about we find a way to have another foal? :D
    Agent S: Luna! *scandalized**also very intrigued*

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just realized something. That's not Luna still on the moon, imagining the time she can get out - you can see the moon in the background. It's Luna after exile, and getting left by herself during evenings.
    Aww, poor Luna! Have some hugs.

Spoiler
    Show
    aww so cute!so that's a no? :'(

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

The cuteness of the CMC is dbattable, they entered a rebellious phase:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground

Luna: Well, the happiest I've ever been was when Midnight was born, and helping to raise her and teach her. So, how about we find a way to have another foal? :D
    Agent S: Luna! *scandalized**also very intrigued*
    Midnight: Oh, Princess Mommy, if you were feeling that lonely and sad, all you had to do was say something! I'll always have cuddles and time for you!
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-06-26 at 06:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    I sometimes thought that the CMC could get a little annoying due to the fact that it was soooooo obvious what their talents were but they just couldn't figure it out.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh dear, speedfics are up.... time for my humiliation. If I had more then two hours and had enough time for it to be reviewed, I might have been able to make something halfway decent. And to think that if he makes another contest, I am seriously considering doing it,
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    CUTIE MARK CRUSADER TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!
    *CMCs zip off to find leather jackets*
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300

GnomeWizardGuy

Eh. The first picture is really nice, but Fluttershy is a strange creature.
    As a human, she is (at least superficially) the embodiment of everything wrong with internet/anime culture, to me. I have met people with flutterpersonas and each and every one rang hollow, like the cracked Third Island each person felt false, hollow and forced.
    Well, I'm glad you liked one picture at least.

I suppose I can see where you're coming from, although I guess I'm either ignorant or indifferent. What personas I've run across that weren't complete characters or direct windows to the person have felt hollow and forced, regardless of what personality is on display. Perhaps I'm wandering the wrong (right?) areas of the internet, but I haven't seen any particular Fluttershyishness in anime personas. Most are of the shy/clutzy/brilliant variety that Japan seems to love in their heroines.

I guess I just don't see human Fluttershy as all that different - my general reaction is "Oh, neat; I wonder how they interpreted her as a human." It's not really that different than seeing the cast drawn up in another artstyle, or seeing other series ponified. And hey, at least you didn't let the flutterpersonas stop you from giving the character a chance!

I think I'm done now.