New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Something's driving me mildly crazy. I remember in an episode that Rainbow Dash said "I love fun things!" but I can't remember what the circumstances were.

Personally, I'm willing to allow for bad things to happen to ponies when it makes sense. Sure, Applejack's parents could be off exploring the world, but my fanon (ah say you, they dead) fits the facts well. I don't insist on my interpretation of course. Just... not all things are sunshine and rainbows in the end. Sunshine, perhaps. Rainbows, perhaps. But you don't always get both.

I'm rather G1 that way.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-26 at 10:25 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Probably through adoption, but with EsperDerek's book floating around Ponyville, honestly who knows?
    All I can think of now is:

"Welcome, to the grand opening of The Great and Powerful Ponyville Fertility Clinic! Are you a same-sex couple? Do you desire a foal made 'the good old fashioned' way? Well, you've come to the right place, because here, it's not just sex, it's magic!

And how do I know this? Well, we're not just the presidents, we're clients!"
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-06-26 at 10:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Something's driving me mildly crazy. I remember in an episode that Rainbow Dash said "I love fun things!" but I can't remember what the circumstances were.
    Rarity: "Well, it would be a lot of work, but it would be an amazing boost for my business! Plus, fun!"

Ranibow Dash: "I love fun things!"

Rairty: "It's settled, then. We'll have a fashion show starring... us!"

No I don't have the episode memorized what are you talking about?

4. - Top - End - #394
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    You know...going through the episodes once more... im not quite sure why i loved the show... but yet i still do. I think i love the fan material more then the show its-self.
    Yea I think I'm the same way, of course the show does have some very good moments and if the characters wern't as fleshed out as they are (or in some cases not fleshed out) then we wouldn't be here in the first place, but it's the fandom that keeps bringing me back.

I think that why some people have difficulty seeing the appeal of the show, if they aren't someone who's likely to get involved in the broader fandom then it's likely all they are going to see is a cartoon for kids.

Indeed as someone who ravenously consumes a majority of the fanfiction that's been produced so far I find that I can't help but mentally assign to the show when I watch it some of the deeper characterizations that have been created in fanfics.

The fandom enhances my enjoyment of the show.
    Vaguely horse shaped pastel colored marshmallow-y quadrupeds.

avatar source http://fire-camel.deviantart.com/

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

And I'll have to disagree with that. Partially because I always try so hard to make my fanfictions fit my vision of the show, I always give the show priority. It gives us things that fanfiction writers wouldn't think of in a million years, playing in the established stuff.

For instance, I wouldn't have written Rainbow Dash as being willing to go along with the fashion show so readily, but the fact that she does tells us stuff about her that we wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Not to knock the fandom. I love all y'all. I participate ravenously. I've just never read a fanfiction that gave me the same simple joy as even one of the middling episodes.

And yes, definitely including my own in that.

Though a few fancomics came close. Maybe I'm just more visual than I normally think I am.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-26 at 10:35 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    All I can think of now is:

"Welcome, to the grand opening of The Great and Powerful Ponyville Fertility Clinic! Are you a same-sex couple? Do you desire a foal made 'the good old fashioned' way? Well, you've come to the right place, because here, it's not just sex, it's magic!

And how do I know this? Well, we're not just the presidents, we're clients!"
    By the cogs...I can see this. It terrifies me in strange new ways... What have you done EsperDerek?
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    By the cogs...I can see this. It terrifies me in strange new ways... What have you done EsperDerek?
    It's the subliminal messages from that cute little filly he's been parading around. Quick, we need to get a hazmat suit before it's too late.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Clearly Esperderek has too much love and silly in his heart! We must OPERATE

the buttons of this cell phone to call him in for a quick checkup. If his appendix has too much love around it, I'll have to REMOVE

this medicine from this cabinet. While there is no cure for silly overdose, love overdose is easily handled. Ah, good to see you Esper. Now to HARVEST

moon, play it that is, I've always wanted to try it. Take two of these excess love-blockers and call me in the morning.

Edit: When did I become the thread's doctor?
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-26 at 10:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    It's the subliminal messages from that cute little filly he's been parading around. Quick, we need to get a hazmat suit before it's too late.
    No good! We ran out of suits four image dumps ago! Our only chance is to bury him in this pile of cowboy hats, it's the only way.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Firbolg in the Playground

I wonder if the cuteness has any dark, unforeseen consequences.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

the buttons of this cell phone to call him in for a quick checkup. If his appendix has too much love around it, I'll have to REMOVE

this medicine from this cabinet. While there is no cure for silly overdose, love overdose is easily handled. Ah, good to see you Esper. Now to HARVEST

moon, play it that is, I've always wanted to try it. Take two of these excess love-blockers and call me in the morning.
    But doctor, I thought love-blockers were contraindicated when patients present with gender/species-bent symptoms.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

But doctor, I thought love-blockers were contraindicated when patients present with gender/species-bent symptoms.
    With the amour-blockers, yes, but these new Synthetics developed in Neighpon have no negative reactions.

13. - Top - End - #403

I regret nothing. Nothing at all.

Foals, I have the only supply of hazmat suits, remember? You're unable to escape from the cuteness! Bask in it's adorableness!

Edit: When did I become the thread's doctor?
    *EsperDerek's cellphone rings.*

You know, it's a good thing that I have caller ID. I think...I think I'll let the machine get that.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    No good! We ran out of suits four image dumps ago! Our only chance is to bury him in this pile of cowboy hats, it's the only way.
    Hats? Someone said hats?

We must try! For the sake of us all!

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

I regret nothing. Nothing at all.

Foals, I have the only supply of hazmat suits, remember? You're unable to escape from the cuteness! Bask in it's adorableness!

*EsperDerek's cellphone rings.*

You know, it's a good thing that I have caller ID. I think...I think I'll let the machine get that.
    Hm, no answer. I guess it's time to make a house call. Oh drat, I have this costume party to go to in an hour. I guess I'll just have to wear it there. I'm sure Esper won't mind.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-26 at 10:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

With the amour-blockers, yes, but these new Synthetics developed in Neighpon have no negative reactions.
    What will those Neighponies think of next?

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Firbolg in the Playground

YOU FOOLS, we have procedures for this level of cuteness contamination. Soon Esper will release a picture of AB nuzzling a kitten, and it will start a domino of cuteness that will engulf the internet.

*loads 9mm friendship cannon*

We all knew the risk when we entered ponythread.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

18. - Top - End - #408

Hey, come on, you have to admit, my idea would be a great source of supplemental income. In these trying economic times, you have to find creative ways of making a few extra bits!

Hm, no answer. I guess it's time to make a house call. Oh drat, I have this costume party to go to in an hour. I guess I'll just have to wear it there. I'm sure Esper won't mind.
    Spoiler
    Show

*Ch-ch-ch-ha-ha-ha*

What was that?

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, quick, what's the opposite of cute?

... curses, can't find it.

Oh well. MINI IMAGE DUMP, SOARIN APPROVES EDITION.

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT

Hey, come on, you have to admit, my idea would be a great source of supplemental income. In these trying economic times, you have to find creative ways of making a few extra bits!

*Ch-ch-ch-ha-ha-ha*

What was that?
    (Knocks on the door) ESPERDEREK, I'VE COME FOR YOU! IT'S TIME TO GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-26 at 10:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Did somepony say adorable?

Spoiler
    Show

Also this:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2s9Z...eature=feedlik

EDIT

*Ch-ch-ch-ha-ha-ha*

What was that?
    (Knocks on the door) ESPERDEREK, I'VE COME FOR YOU! IT'S TIME TO GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-26 at 11:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Confound my urge to write things, it drives me to stay up way the heck too late. On the plus side, I think I've finally written myself out of the corner I wrote myself into last week. On the bad side again, this pretty much means I'm getting no sleep until this is done. Whoever decided that I'm only capable of writing when its late deserves lashings. Probably with a wet noodle.

Goodnight thread!
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Barbarian in the Playground

Did somepony say adorable?

Spoiler
    Show

Also this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Adorableness; my only weakness. How did you know?
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, you can make bits by selling flesh-based organisms ways to change their...er...bits?

Why didn't anypony explain this to a poor robot? I could be rich! RICH! Now I just have to locate that pesky rivet gun...

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, you can make bits by selling flesh-based organisms ways to change their...er...bits?

Why didn't anypony explain this to a poor robot? I could be rich! RICH! Now I just have to locate that pesky rivet gun...
    Robot! I have to protest about your rivet gun. Apparently it has taken unto itself to seduce my shotgun and has been going on late nights for the past week. I demand you correct its behaviour at once.

26. - Top - End - #416

But what I deserve is hugs and cuddles! And certainly not a machete to the face or the removal of my appendix again! It takes a long time for those to grow back!

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

So that explains why this rivet gun I bought just shoots metal shavings in a wide blast...

@ Esperderek

"What? Oh, man, I picked bad wording for that. I've come to bring you love blocking pills, since you have a dangerous amount in your system. Don't worry, my appendix harvesting days are over. Also I'm dressed as Jason Vorhees for a party. Oh my, I could have presented all of that in a much better way."
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-26 at 11:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

But what I deserve is hugs and cuddles! And certainly not a machete to the face or the removal of my appendix again! It takes a long time for those to grow back!
    You mean it grows back? Sir, we have discovered a renewable, harvestable source of love.

Now all we need is to clone this specimen and we'll make a fortune.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

You mean it grows back? Sir, we have discovered a renewable, harvestable source of love.

Now all we need is to clone this specimen and we'll make a fortune.
    Sadly, my Hippocampus oath, as a pony doctor, prevents me from undertaking in such unethical activities.

Now open up, Mr. Derek, it's time for your pills!

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Robot! I have to protest about your rivet gun. Apparently it has taken unto itself to seduce my shotgun and has been going on late nights for the past week. I demand you correct its behaviour at once.
    I'll try...but that last upgrade made it a wily little bugger. Perhaps I can explain the profit margins to it and lure it back for a forcible AI downgrade...

So that explains why this rivet gun I bought just shoots metal shavings in a wide blast...
    I was worried this might happen. Have you tried purchasing a shotgun for riveting purposes instead? If it's spread far enough, you might have to...

Spoiler
    Show