New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Fortitude Save: (1d20+2)[11]

Edit: I think Jensi is sick >.<

Edit #2: This was supposed to be in the OOC thread. Bleh, sorry all.
    Last edited by RocketMan; 2012-03-28 at 04:49 PM.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Currently applying to games!

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian mutters under his breath, "Gods preserve us... the plague even affects the wealthy, the nobility will care more at least." He mutters a chant and scans the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Magic

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

"That is... disgusting." is all Aldrin manages to say while viewing the scene before him. "If she's infected, then the body needs to be removed... be careful there, Jensi. I think moving bodies is your job, Dastan."

He glances at the claw marks on the woman a bit nervously, and states, "If anything dangerous is in this manor, it will know of our presense before we know of its. Perhaps the best strategy would be to call it out, or bring its attention to us, so that it leaves the rest of the manor's residents alone... assuming they aren't all dead, of course."
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2012-03-28 at 07:03 PM.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

Aldrin's logic is sound agrees the fencer we should proceed cautiously and, if attacked, tried to lure our attackers back into this room or outside.

Dastan, would you lead? Tallox and I will be immediately behind you. The rest should keep a little back. And stay away from anything that seems suspicious. With this disease going around, we must be careful not to become carriers

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Bugbear in the Playground

The paladin takes the lead. The double doors leading out of the entry hallway are well oiled, and, thankfully, do not make so much as a squeak as Dastan turns their brass knobs.

You enter into a grand ballroom, its walls a royal purple colour, its floor a glossy dark hardwood. Busts of Carowyn forebears line the walls opposite the door, and a table has been placed beside these, its surface draped with cloth and covered by an assortment of silverwear dishes, each bearing upon it a delicacy of some sort.

The room is far from empty. A sickening dance is taking place in the room's centre. Six couples sway with jerking motions from side to side like hellish marionettes. Each is clad in a garish outfit of sequined velvet or silk, with face covered by brightly coloured masquerade masks. In several cases these fanciful adornments have fallen away, revealing withered flesh covered in nauseating blisters.

A set of double staircases lead up to a balcony overlooking the horrific dance. On it stands a pock-marked man, his face pinched and his nose bulbous. Greasy hair curls down to his shoulders, and his weak chin is covered in stubble. He wears about his body a robe of black leather that gives him a vaguely mortuarial appearance, one that is enhanced by the dark, dried blood splattered across his robes.

The figure's beady eyes jolt to the intruders. "You!" he hisses. Then he laughs. "You try to ruin everything, but I'll kill you myself! You've ruined two of my... establishments already... Revenge will be sweet!"

Round 1

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

You have line of sight to the balcony, but you can't move through the purple walls to reach it.

R is the robed figure.
    Z are the dancing zombies.
    Fantastic avatar by Ceika.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't suppose we can talk about this?"

Aldrin sighs, and sends waves of sound toward the man, hopefully leaving him off balance while his companions cut down the miniature horde of zombies in front of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Staying still. Ear Piercing Scream (you know the drill) on the guy. DC 17 fort or he's dazed, and [roll]2d6[/roll sonic damage (half if he makes it).

HP: 32/34 AC: 12
    F: 3, R: 3, W: 3
    Level 1 spells: 3/8
    Level 2 spells: 2/4

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

Summoning forth his arcane energies, Rennard imbues his blade with the now familiar azure energies. While he does this, he makes a mental note of all the enemy and allied positions

The best way to disrupt an undead army is to attack their commander the fencer reminds himself

With that conclusion, the magus uses his left hand to trace the symbols of "illusion" and "emptiness"

Disparaître whispers the duelist as he vanishes into thin air

Under the cover of the spell, Rennard will run through the zombie hoard to reach the robed figure

Spoiler
    Show
    Leviathan: If Rennard can reach the robed figure by next turn while using the left set of stairs (bottom in the map), he will do so. If he cannot but can do so through the right set of stairs, he'll take that one. Let me know if it is impossible to reach the robed figure by next turn

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

8. - Top - End - #1088

Jensi

"Woah," Jensi gasps, awestruck, as the party walks into the room. "Look at them dancing! These nobles are so elegant. Err, when they're not lurching that is. Ewww, and they kind of smell too! Wait - they're zombies!" he cries, startled. The youth begins to dig clumsily through his possessions to find his holy symbol. Retrieving it, he brandishes the silver songbird at the undead.

"Begone, you foul, horrible... dancing zombies!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Channel Energy: (DC 18) (2d6)[4]
    Last edited by RocketMan; 2012-04-01 at 07:47 PM.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian looks at the morbid fête transpiring before his eyes. He stares blankly in shock for a few seconds at their coarse dance. "By the gods..." he mutters before gathering his wits.

Tallox stares in disbelief for a few seconds. "Mortals do the weirdest things..." he mutters, before realizing, "oh, dead ones."

"Tallox! Get the weak ones! Don't bite them!" the halfling cries. Immediately, he begins to cast a spell of haste upon some of his allies. Under the magical celerity, the beyonder hops forward, flailing his claws left and right attempting to slash the zombies to pieces.

Action:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tallox: 5ft step left and down, attacking Z12 until dead, then onto Z11
    L claw: Attack (1d20+8)[24] Damage (1d6+4)[5]
    R claw: Attack (1d20+8)[25] Damage (1d6+4)[5]
    L claw 2: Attack (1d20+8)[12] Damage (1d6+4)[7]

Atavian:
    Cast haste on Tallox, Dastan, Rennard, Atavian: 4/4 rounds remaining
    Move as far down and to the left as he can (two spaces right of the staircase by my count).

OOC - I counted that Atavian has 1 first level and 1 second level spell available before the start of this fight. Apologies if I miscounted.

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 28/28. AC: 18 (17+1haste), 11 Touch, 17 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +4 Fortitude, +2 Reflex, +3 Will.

Atavian
    HP: 40/40. AC: 17 (16+1), 13 Touch, 14 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +4 Fortitude, +4 Reflex, +5 Will.
    Spells: 1st: 1/4 2nd: 0/2
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-04-01 at 08:35 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan is the last of the group to act, surprised at the macabre scene unfolding before him despite being forewarned to some degree. Bolstered by Atavian's magic, when he finally moves into action it is with inhuman quickness as though to make up for his initial hesitation, long strides covering the space between him and the grotesque parodies of living beings in front of him, his sword a shining blur. "Revenge? For destroying your reanimated pawns?" He grunts in disgust even as he strikes out at the zombies in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show

Taking a 5-foot-step directly west, then Full Attacking using Power Attack. Focusing on Z7 first, only attacking Z8 if one of my attacks is enough to destroy it outright.

Attack 1: (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage 1: (1d8+8)[15]
    Attack 2: (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage 2: (1d8+8)[14]

Summary:

HP: 40/40

AC 22, FF 22, Touch 11
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +11
    Immune to Fear, Allies within 10' get +4 on Saves against Fear.
    Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil 0/2
    Lay on Hands 5/6
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

11. - Top - End - #1091

The necromancer hisses in pain as Aldrin's spell sears his senses. He recovers, though, laughing maniacally.
    You think you can hurt me? Fools!"

Rennard vanishes, invisible, running at full speed across the ballroom, dodging zombies, then rushes up the staircase. He stands behind the necromancer, who, having seen the duelist turn invisible, searches around himself with fast-moving eyes.

Jensi raises his holy symbol, recovering from his initial confusion and identifying the true threat. Shelyn's magic burns zombified flesh and the fine cloth covering it.

Tallox's claws slash into the closest zombie to the fearsome eidolon, tearing it to pieces. A third swipe, powered by his master's spellcasting, rips into the fallen zombie's dancing partner, which staggers, but remains standing.

Dastan steps forward boldly, his long blade shining and glinting. His powerful arm, infused by hatred, cuts cleanly through a zombie, and the paladin immediately launches another strike. This one barely connects, but the force behind it is enough to send its recipient crumpling to the floor.

The remaining zombies cease their dancing and charge, shambling as fast as they can towards the intruders. Zombie hands reach out, but the now-seasoned adventurers prove too challenging for most of the undead to hit, save for Jensi, who is struck in the stomach by a former aristocrat in a plum gown.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 damage to Jensi.

The necromancer, meanwhile, still searching for Rennard as the ferocious melee commences below, decides that the safest course of action is to backpedal away from the staircase that the man likely came up. Looking out over the balcony, he laughs again, forgetting Rennard as he gleefully sends a foul black bolt snaking through the air towards Atavian as the halfling runs towards the stairs. The inky spell snakes around the halfling's body, small tendrils draining away his spirit. "This is what you get!" the necromancer howls triumphantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian takes 3 temporary negative levels.

Round 2

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2012-04-02 at 09:03 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Troll in the Playground

"Jensi, get back!" Aldrin yells, chanting a spell to cause frost to cling to the approaching zombies. Without a circulatory system, it didn't affect them as well as a human, but the icy shards would still be able to damage their weakly animated forms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using frost fall so it affects zombies 2 and 3. It will do 2d6 damage when I use it, and 1d6 the next, so they take (3d6)[10] cold damage total. Fort save only prevents the stagger, so they still take full damage.

Staying put

HP: 32/34 AC: 13
    F: 3, R: 4, W: 3
    Level 1 spells: 3/8
    Level 2 spells: 1/4
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2012-04-02 at 04:51 PM.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

Despite seeing his halfling companion blasted by the dark energies, the fencer keeps his emotions in check and sticks meticulously to his plan

Taking advantage of the robed figure's distraction, the invisible magus traces the rune of "cold" and summons forth a glacial sheet of azure energy that quickly envelops his weapon.

Preparations complete, Rennard sneaks behind the enemy spellcaster, ready to unleash the power of his magic should the foe present an opening

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Activate Arcane Strike
    Standard: Cast Frigid Touch
    Move: Rennard will position himself in the space diagonal to where the robed figure is (that is, upper left corner) and will wait until the robed figure provokes an AoO either by moving or by casting a spell. If that happens, he will use Spell Strike to deliver the spell through the weapon

AoO - (1d20+10)[16] (vs FF) (EDIT: Forgot to add +1 for haste)
    Damage - (1d6+4)[10]
    FrigidTouch - (4d6)[12] (cold damage, causes the target to be staggered for 1 round)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=34/37
    AC=21 (16 touch, 16 FF)
    F=+5, R=+5, W=+3
    Arcane Pool=4/8
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-04-02 at 04:05 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Tallox doesn't fully understand, but something is very wrong with Atavian. Some power is sapping his servant's life force. The halfling staggers and steps away from his assailant, allowing the zombie to strike at him. He stifles his fear and charges up the stairs, withdrawing items from his component pouch as he goes. Stopping on the landing, he chants the incantation and a thin layer of sludge springs into existence at the necromancer's feet.

The beyonder knows where he is needed. His arms flail wildly at those in his way. He then steps forward to take the place of the fallen dead.

Action:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tallox: Power attack attacking Z10 until dead, then onto Z5, then Z11, 5 ft step to where Z10 was (Assuming he kills it).
    L claw: Attack (1d20+7)[23] Damage (1d6+6)[8]
    R claw: Attack (1d20+7)[24] Damage (1d6+6)[11]
    L claw 2: Attack (1d20+7)[20] Damage (1d6+6)[11]

Atavian:
    Move left to landing. Cast Grease at the floor at R's feet. Hitting only the square he is currently on. The rest of the squares are on the floor below. Reflex DC 16 (it's conjuration) or fall prone
    Haste on Tallox, Dastan, Rennard, Atavian: 3/4 rounds remaining

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 28/28. AC: 18 (17+1 haste), 11 Touch, 17 Flatfooted.

Atavian
    HP: 25/25 (40 norm). AC: 17 (16+1), 13 Touch, 14 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +1 (+4 norm) Fortitude, +1 (+4 norm) Reflex, +2 (+5 norm) Will.
    Spells: 1st: 0/4 2nd: 0/2
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-04-02 at 05:48 PM. Reason: tense

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan whips his head around, watching as the zombies enfold his companions and begin attacking the spellcasters even as he uses his shield to block and parry the attacks of the foes in front of him. Seeing Aldrin cast his spell to counter the flanking zombies, he returns his attention to his own battle. "We will destroy your minions, villain, and then we will destroy you!" He shouts, hoping to draw the cloaked figure's attention away from his allies and towards himself as he once again begins striking out at the zombies attacking him.

Spoiler
    Show

Making another Full Attack, once again using Power Attack. The first target is Z1, then Z4 if Z1 is down after the first attack. If both go down, I'll make a 5-foot-step back towards Jensi after the Full Attack is completed. Otherwise, remain in place.

Attack 1: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage 1: (1d8+8)[15]
    Attack 2: (1d20+7)[15]
    Damage 2: (1d8+8)[10]

Summary:

HP: 40/40

AC 22, FF 22, Touch 11
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +11 (+1 against Evil Outsiders)
    Resistance 5 to Acid, Fire, Electricity
    Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil 0/2
    Lay on Hands 5/6

16. - Top - End - #1096

Jensi

"Eek," Jensi squeaks in pain as the gowned zombie claws at him. Backing away towards the centre of the room, he once more raises his holy symbol.

"In the name of the Eternal Rose, begone, foul beasts, and return to your graves!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking a 5 foot step to the square just left of Aldrin and using Channel Energy #4 of 7:

Channel Energy: (Will DC 18) (2d6)[9]
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

17. - Top - End - #1097

Aldrin's ice spell, combined with Jensi's holy energy, make short work of the pair of zombies who approach the spell casters. They are first frozen and then set alight by holy flame, their dead bodies sinking to the floor once more.

Tallox follows the spell casters' lead, rending another pair of undead nobles into their composite extremities.

Dastan, not to be outdone, strikes twice. His first blow is so powerful that it sends its target flying backwards, crashing into the table's neatly-prepared hors d'oeuvres. The paladin's second blow slashes deeply into a second zombie, and the monstrosity collapses.

Jensi's channelled energy serves to weaken the three remaining zombies, but none of them fall.

The remaining zombies claw at the nearest living beings. None of them meet with any success.

The necromancer on the ledge above cackles insanely even as his creations fall. "You will not stop us," he howls, his hands raised high in the air, swirling with icy magic. "You shall be my replacements for what you've destroyed!"

At this moment, Rennard lunges, breaking his invisibility. Though his blade strikes true, it is deflected by the necromancer's magical protections, bouncing off a deep violent shield that absorb's Reve's point.

An instant later, the necromancer's spell succeeds and the ballroom floor is pelted with razor sharp shards of ice and sleet, which pile upon the floor in a thick blanket, and batter those upon it. This includes one of the remaining zombies, which is pummelled into a bloody undead pulp.

Spoiler
    Show
    21 damage to Dastan, Jensi, and Aldrin.

Round 2

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

The squares marked in blue are now counted as difficult terrain. Technically, the same area is also counted back in the hallway by which you entered this room.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

Feeling his blade deflected from course, Rennard berates himself not having studied the target properly.

As the spell wreaks havoc among his companions, the fencer knows what he must do: Shutting down any thoughts and emotions, the magus immerses himself deep into his combat style of sword and sorcery

Shifting his weight from one foot to the other, Rennard is able to turn the deflected thrust into a horizontal slash at the robed figure. Without giving his foe a chance to defend himself, the duelist presses on with another thrust as he lunges forward.

But the fencer is not done yet

While he was performing his attacks, the magus had been tracing the glyphs of yet another spell. As his lunge lands, Rennard brings forth his left hand and summons the water torrent spell that he had used what seemed a lifetime ago when the party had first raided Gaedren's hideout

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    5-ft step downards one square
    Swift: Activate Arcane Strike

Full Round: Activate Spell combat (2 attacks due to haste, blade should still be charged with the Frigid touch spell)

Attack1 - (1d20+9)[13]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[8]

Attack2 - (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[6]

If either attack connects and blade is still considered to be charged, add 12 points of cold damage

Cast Hydraulic Push (provokes AoO)
    BullRush - (1d20+9)[24] (vs CMD)

If AoO connects, concentration check Concentration - (1d20+9)[10]

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    P=34/37
    AC=21 (16 touch, 16 FF)
    F=+5, R=+5, W=+3
    Arcane Pool=4/8
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-04-04 at 05:28 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

Aldrin attempts to scream as piercing shards of ice penetrate his flesh, but the biting cold prevents him from letting out more than a whimper. Slowly, he limps to the edge of the magical storm, firing another invisible bolt of sonic energy toward the necromancer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to the space above Dastan. Casting Ear Piercing Scream, which does (2d6)[7] sonic damage and daze, giving him a DC 17 fortitude save for a half damage/no daze.

HP: 11/34 AC: 13
    F: 3, R: 4, W: 3
    Level 1 spells: 2/8
    Level 2 spells: 1/4

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

20. - Top - End - #1100

Jensi

Jensi nearly falls under the storm of ice, but barely manages to stay on his feet. "Ouch!" he cries. "This guy's pretty good at magic. Yow. Let's not let that happen again, okay?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Moderate Wounds on Jensi.

CMW: (2d8+4)[12]
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

First, the man does... something... to weaken Atavian. Then, he blasts Jensi - the only mortal Tallox actually likes - nearly killing him. The beyonder concludes the shambling dead are of no consequence. There, on the balcony stands the true threat. Tallox takes off up the stairs, ignoring all else. Running past Atavian on the way. Once at the top of the stairs he takes a bite at the powerful magic man.

For an instant, Atavian is relieved to see Tallox sprinting to his rescue, but the beyonder rushes past him and up the stairs. The frightened halfling thinks, no it's better Tallox attack that one directly. I'll deal with the zombie. He moves away and draws his loaded crossbow, before firing it at the zombie.

Action:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tallox: Move up stairs to engage BBG. Power Attack
    Bite: Attack (1d20+8)[16] Damage (1d6+9)[15]

Bite (AoO, if relevant): Attack (1d20+8)[24] Damage (1d6+9)[13]

Atavian:
    FREE Grease at the floor at R's feet. Reflex DC 16 (it's conjuration) or fall prone
    Move around Zombie and up as far as possible, adjacent to table.
    Fire crossbow: (1d20+5)[24] Damage (1d6)[1]
    Haste on Tallox, Dastan, Rennard, Atavian: 2/4 rounds remaining

If Tallox takes any hits, Atavian will take half the damage.

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 28/28. AC: 18 (17+1 haste), 11 Touch, 17 Flatfooted.

Atavian
    HP: 30/30 (40 norm). AC: 17 (16+1), 13 Touch, 14 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +2 (+4 norm) Fortitude, +2 (+4 norm) Reflex, +3 (+5 norm) Will.
    Spells: 1st: 0/4 2nd: 0/2

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan Flinches back as the storm of ice shards assaults him, then almost immediately begins channelling divine energy into his wounds, undoing some of the damage. "I will deal with the Zombies! Defeat the wizard, before he can strike at us again." He strides carefully forwards, still moving with inhuman speed as a result of Atavian's magic, and strikes at the undead that has been attacking Atavian.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard Move to the square directly above Z9, provoking an attack from z11, using Lay on Hands as a Swift action then attacking as a Standard action. No Power Attack.

Attack: (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[11]
    LoH: (3d6)[12]

Summary:
    HP: 31/40

AC 22, FF 22, Touch 11
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +11 (+1 against Evil Outsiders)
    Resistance 5 to Acid, Fire, Electricity
    Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil 0/2
    Lay on Hands 4/6

Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2012-04-06 at 06:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1103

Rennard attacks the necromancer once more, but the two quick strikes he makes with him magically-infused rapier once again are deflected away by the necromancer's protective spells. But the magus is not finished yet: a rushing wave of water strikes, smashing the necromancer against the railing, then blasting him over the edge. He shrieks as he falls nearly fifteen feet to the ballroom floor below. He lands with a loud crunch, though he remains shakily standing.

The party is not yet through with the necromancer, though. Even as he stands, Aldrin weaves his signature spell, blasting the evil, pock-marked man with hellish noise. At the same time, the remnants of Atavian's earlier spell make the necromancer slip and fall. Now he is just a dazed, fallen little man as Tallox closes in for the kill. The eidolon is vicious and relentless. His claws rend at the man's robes and the body underneath, while his maw goes for the necromancer's neck. With a sickening gurgle, the necromancer jerks and spasms, then goes limp. Tallox tastes blood.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rennard's spell knocked the necromancer into full-attack range of Tallox, so he didn't have to move to get there. This was not good for the necromancer's health...

Atavian fires his crowbow, fleeing the zombie that has engaged him in melee. The bolt strikes true, embedding itself deep into the zombie's diseased skull. Were it alive, it would surely now be dead. But the undead horror does not even register the damage. It does register, however, when Dastan's sword comes swinging down on it as the paladin advances. It dies again.

The final zombie is easily eliminated.

Spoiler
    Show
    Read: I'm assuming you kill it.

The fight is over as quickly as it has begun, the necromancer's icy magic fading away with his death. The zombified nobility are now unmoving in death.

Now that the fighting has ended, you note that there are three doors leading out of this room in addition to the one through which you have entered. One is on the North landing of the staircase leading to the balcony, while the other is on the South landing. The third lies at the top, opposite the doors through which you have come. It too is a set of double doors, filigreed and grand.

24. - Top - End - #1104

Jensi

"Phew, I'm glad that's done. Do you think that he's the necromancer who left us that note before, when we were looking around in that graveyard place?" Jensi asks. "He said 'two establishments,' which is a big fancy word for place that he owns. So where else have we met him before?"

"Let's go through those giant doors. They're really decorated a lot, so whatever is past them must be super important!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Jensi will use Channel Energies #5 and 6 of 7 to patch everyone up no matter where we go.

Channel Energy x2: (4d6)[14]

Edit: add +9 to that, see OOC thread for rolls and explanation.
    Last edited by RocketMan; 2012-04-09 at 12:30 PM.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

The weakened Atavian looks about for more signs of danger before responding to Jensi. "He might have been. He was certainly powerful. But I suspect he may have just been a lackey for a greater foe. He seemed too..." he surveys the macabre ball room, the plague-infested zombies and the untouched banquet, "uh, I don't know... lackadaisical? I guess I'd just think the mastermind behind this would not be so trite as to entertain himself with a... uh, zombie ball."

He then looks more directly at Jensi, "I feel... drained. A little empty. I think he sapped at my life force with his spell. Is there anything you can do?"

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

"If there is someone more powerful here, they probably would have intervened... especially if there behind those doors. I say we find that kid and get out as soon as possible."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

27. - Top - End - #1107

There is a source of major evil beyond, and so party swiftly opens the set of gaudy double doors that lead further into Carowyn Manor. What you see before you is an expansive master bedroom, its walls an opulent rouge, and its mahogany floor covered by a masterfully-crafted Vudran rug. Opposite you stands a huge four-posted bed, topped with crimson coverings and long curtains which have been tied around the posts. Another wall is lined by shelves and a wardrobe, most of which seem to contain a vast array of beautification products, while the cavernous wardrobe contains a plethora of dresses, each far less practical than the one beside it. A huge desk finishes the room, immaculately clean except for a single feathered quill and piece of parchment.

The room is not empty. By the bed, a stunningly beautiful, raven-haired noblewoman kneels, seemingly half-unconscious. Her periwinkle blue dress flows across the floor around her, so that it seems she is lying in a puddle rather than a gown. Over her stands another finely-dressed figure, this one a man well-into his sixties, with silver hair and a beard that seems to have been well-maintained until very recently. He looks exceptionally fatigued, with glassy, baggy eyes, and moves with slight trembling. He holds in his hand a gold-hilted dagger, raised over the woman.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Stop!" Atavian cries with as defiant a squeak as he can muster. Tallox moves toward the armed man. The halfling frantically looks for clues in the room to explain what is going on.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure if we're "in combat." No attacks yet, but questions:
    1) Do either look to have the plague? (I'm guessing not since you didn't mention it.)
    2) Does the man looks like like an adept combatant? Or does he look like a noble?

Perception: (1d20+2)[7]

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard's mind begins to race trying to process the scene in front of him. Was the man friend or foe? Were there any indications of what was happening?

Bonded! warns the black blade to her master We don't have time! We need to act now!

Prompted by the rapier, the duelist finds himself channeling his arcane energies into his spell reservoir without remembering to have made such decision.

By the time that Rennard catches on with the spell that is once again burning his mind with arcane power, he finds his left hand tracing the glyphs of "water" and "push" and summoning forth the torrent of water to ram the dagger wielding man away from the sleeping woman

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Spell recall to recover hydraulic push
    Cast Hydraulic push against dagger holding guy
    BullRush - (1d20+9)[16] (add +1! We leveled up so now the modifier is +10!)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    P=34/37
    AC=20 (15 touch, 16 FF)
    F=+5, R=+5, W=+3
    Arcane Pool=3/10
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-04-11 at 11:58 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

Aldrin is about to speak, but a rush of water from Rennard interrupts him. Annoyed, he remarks, "That was entirely unnecesary."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired: