New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

Dastan recovers from his failed slash, mentally readjusting for the woman's unexpected resilience, when Atavian makes his announcement. He expertly twists his left arm, releasing the clasps on his shield and leaving it to fall to the ground with a wooden thunk. He then switches his blade to a two-handed grip and brings it around for a brutal slash as Jensi's magic infuses him, enhancing the strength behind the blow. "Back to the Abyss with you, Demon!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Heh, Damage Reduction. What's that? Also, come on dice roller. Please stop letting me down.

Dropping my Shield as a Move action (it won't do any good against Touch attacks anyways), then a Stantard attack with Power Attack for good measure.

Attack: (1d20+16)[33]
    Damage: (1d8+24)[25] (Ignores all Damage Reduction)

Summary:

AC 20, FF 20, Touch 10 (Add 4 to all against Selene)
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +12 (+1 against Evil Outsiders)
    Resistance 5 to Acid, Fire, Electricity
    Immune to Fear, Allies within 10' get +4 on Saves against Fear.
    Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil 0/2
    Lay on Hands 2/8

Edit: All praise to the Dice roller!
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Troll in the Playground

Used to wielding the rapier as an extension of his own arm, Rennard feels the blade stop at Selene's smooth skin even before his eyes can process that his strike has been rendered harmless

Pushing off with his right foot, the fencer recovers back to a classic en garde position while he tries to process the new information. An theory had begun to form in his mind, but Atavian's words were the catalyst that crystallized and confirmed the idea forming in the duelist's mind

Rennard's mind races through different scenarios, weighting every plan and option as time seems to slow down.

------------------------

For the first time since he had reclaimed his father's name, Rennard Balmont had no plan

There is no logical way for me to harm her... concludes the duelist I cannot help my companions...

With the self declaration of defeat, unbidden memories come to Rennard, memories of the time when he could do nothing when his father was killed by Lamn all those years ago

As he begins to sink into despair, a second consciousness rams into the magus's mind, forcing him back into the present. For a second, Rennard fears another attack from the succubus.

Bonded! Reve's voice resounds in Rennard's. The blade's voice sounds very faint

What do you want? asks the duelist, reopening the telepathic communication. His voice is still cold, though not as unforgiving as when he had cut off the rapier

We can defeat her, but only if we work together. Bonded, I need you to trust me

It is not logical for me to trust you right now

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID LOGIC! yells the blade I want you to act upon your conscience, upon what you know is right. I, Reve Blanche, ask you, Rennard Balmont, my bonded: Do you trust me?

Not even a second goes by in the real world, but for a conversation taking place at the speed of though, Rennard is silent for a very, very long time

What will you have me do?

Focus all your power on me. Do not think. Until now, your consciousness has put limits to our power. Don't let your logic tell us what we can do. Just believe in us and let your power through

------------------------

In the battlefield, there is a subtle but noticeable change in Rennard. The fencer, who always looks in deep concentration, seems to shift to a more serene visage. As he does so, azure energy just burst forth from the blade, it's instensity far stronger than anything the magus had shown before

Trusting his training, trusting his blade, Rennard once again waits for the foe to prepare a spell, at which point he lunges at the succubus with all his might

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Activate Arcane pool (making Reve a +3 Keen weapon)
    Readied Action: Attack Selene whenever she's taking an action in hopes of disrupting her (no matter if it is a spell or an attack. In case this is not possible, then just consider this a normal attack)
    Attack - (1d20+14)[20] (counting a +2 for flanking)
    Damage - (1d6+4)[7]

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    P=34/37
    AC=20 (15 touch, 16 FF)
    F=+5, R=+5, W=+3
    Arcane Pool=1/10

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tallox's furious attacks meet little success, as Selene pivots away from the beyonder, a smirk on her face. "Such a dutiful little servant of such a smart little master," she coos.

The smirk is obliterated by Dastan's smiting blow. His radiant blade, enhanced by Jensi, slices an arc across Selene's body, black blood welling up as the succubus screams in pain.

Rennard and Reve, in deep cooperation, strike next. It is a very near thing, but the black blade pierces flesh, another wound appearing on Selene's flawless form.

Aldrin's last spell is quickly shaken off by the demon, but despite her triumph in doing so, she is clearly worried, her victory no longer assured.

And at that precise moment, Lord Carowyn breaks out of Jensi's holding spell. Selene's smile returns. "Carowyn," she calls. "Destroy the letter there. Now." The noble remains stalk still for a moment, then bolts for the desk, his movements somewhat shaky, as though he is a well-handled marionette. His head jerks from side to side as he reaches the desk, and then he retrieves a lit candle, holding up the letter...

Spoiler
    Show
    Dastan is entitled to an AoO, which Daedalus can roll along with his actions this turn.

But Selene herself is not done either. With a look of hate in her green eyes, she transforms. Her blue dress is torn asunder by the violent shift, and gouts of red smoke fill the air. As it clears, she stands before you, malevolently beautiful, her voluptuous body tempting and deadly. Bat wings sprout from her bare shoulder blades, and silky black hair falls from a horn-topped head. "No more games," she says, as one of her clawed hands reaches out for Dastan. She grins wickedly as the paladin's life force is sucked into her body.

Spoiler
    Show
    18 damage to Dastan.

Round 3

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2012-04-15 at 09:52 AM.
    Fantastic avatar by Ceika.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jensi

"Letter? What letter?" Jensi wonders, his brow furrowing as he thinks. "Oh!
    No, no, no, no!"
    he says, figuring out as Lord Carowyn holds up the parchment. "Put that down! Drop the letter!" Jensi calls desperately, yet his words still have a strange, affecting quality to them.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Lord Carowyn is not killed by Dastan's AoO, Jensi will cast Command (DC 17 Will) to get him to drop the letter. If he is killed by the AoO, Jensi will move to Dastan and cast Cure Light Wounds.

CLW (if necessary): (1d8+5)[10]
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Currently applying to games!

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Was the letter important? Or was she merely creating a diversion? No matter. Atavian grabs the hand from under his armor and grabs the letter as Carowyn drops it, rushing it to Aldrin.

Tallox laughs and booms in abyssal, "<there are no masters here! Just allies,>" he motions to his allies, "<and slaves. You are a puppet of your master's machinations - an illusion of freedom.>" After his insult, he again rains down a fury of strikes at the Succubus.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox Full Power attack
    Bite: (1d20+8)[13] Damage (1d6+13)[15]
    L Claw: (1d20+7)[14] Damage (1d6+9)[12]
    R Claw: (1d20+7)[9] Damage (1d6+9)[15]

Edit: Sigh... Tallox, would it hurt so much to roll double digits...

Atavian uses his hand of the mage then moves the letter to Aldrin's square. If Carowyn has fallen, Atavian will still do this. If Carowyn doesn't drop the letter, Atavian will shoot him with his cross bow.
    Crossbow (if applicable): Crossbow: (1d20+6)[20] Damage (1d6)[1]

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 39/39. AC: 20, 12 Touch, 18 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +2 Reflex, +4 Will.

Atavian
    HP: 38/38 (normal 48). AC: 18, 15 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +5 Reflex, +6 Will.
    Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 0/3
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-04-15 at 03:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan smiles serenely as his weapon bites deep into the demon's body. He shifts his footing again, preparing for another two-handed slash at his fiendinsh target, and once again offhandedly strikes out at Lord Carowyn, but is too slow to evade her touch. As usual, however, the damage has barely been done before the vague divine glow around him increases, the power of Iomedae undoing even metaphysical injuries. He speaks calmly as he makes another savage strike. "You cannot stop me, demon. Your fate cannot be averted."

Spoiler
    Show

AOO against Lord Carowyn, once again taking a -4 to deal nonlethal damage. Power Attack still applies from the last round. It's a potshot, but Dastan has no intention of killing him:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[17]
    Damage: (1d8+14)[21]

Standard Attack with Power Attack against Selene, then a Swift Action to expend another use of Lay on Hands to heal myself.
    Attack: (1d20+16)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+19)[26]
    Healing (LoH): (3d6)[17]

Summary:
    HP: 51/52

Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil 0/2
    Lay on Hands 3/8 (Just realized that we get access to our new resources at level up immediately. I was under the opposite impression. Extra Lay on Hands adds 2)

Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2012-04-15 at 03:24 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard, still in his trance, seems not to pay heed to Selene's trasformation. Instead, with a fluid motion, the duelist recovers half a step from his lunge and, without a moment's hesitation, he remises at the succubus

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Activate arcane strike
    Attack - (1d20+14)[26] (once again, this takes into account flanking)
    Damage - (1d6+6)[8]

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=34/45
    AC=20 (15 touch, 16 FF)
    F=+5, R=+5, W=+3
    Arcane Pool=1/10
    Black Blade Arcane pool= 0/2
    CMB= +4
    CMD= 18
    Hero points= 3/3
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-04-16 at 01:32 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Troll in the Playground

With almost all of his arcane reserves depleted, Aldrin snatches the letter and runs out of the room, preventing either Lord Carrowyn or Selene from destroying it. While outside, he prepares a simple cantrip to prevent the aging man from retrieving it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using a move action to exit the room (if possible), and a standard action to prepare a Daze spell (DC 16) on Lord Carrowyn if he tries grabbing it.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

9. - Top - End - #1149

Lord Carowyn is sent flying across the room by Dastan's blade, landing in a heap, unconscious. The letter he sought to destroy is sent fluttering through the air by Atavian's spell, landing in Aldrin's hand. The quick-thinking sorcerer dashes from the room to keep it away from the now-shrieking succubus.

Unfortunately, Selene proves a more cunning target than did Carowyn, and she slips under Dastan's blade and Tallox's flurry of attacks. She does not, however escape from Rennard: Reve stabs into her back, its empowered edge slicing through her demonic defences.

Jensi's magic heals Dastan of some of his injuries.

Selene's new, razor-sharp claws run across Dastan's armour, emitting a high-pitched, grating noise, but little else.

Round 4

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan! Rennard's voice sounds calm, almost peaceful as the pieces move through the chessboard with surprising clarity Attack and move to your right! Tallox, move in!

After directing his allies, the fencer once again attacks the succubus, forcing her to shift her attention so the paladin and the beyonder can maneuver and unleash the most damage

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free: Mentioning to Dastan and Tallox the best way to move around so everyone gets flanking bonus
    Swift: Activate arcane strike
    Attack - (1d20+14)[24]
    Damage - (1d6+6)[7]

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=34/45
    AC=20 (15 touch, 16 FF)
    F=+5, R=+5, W=+3
    Arcane Pool=1/10
    Black Blade Arcane pool= 0/2
    CMB= +4
    CMD= 18
    Hero points= 3/3

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan continues striking out at the now oviously demonic target in front of him with vicious blows, hoping to bring her down with a handful of deadly strikes.

Spoiler
    Show

Um, Drothmal, we're all already flanking. No need to get fancy with 5-foot-steps and what have you to get directly across from Rennard; the L-shaped flank works every bit as well, and requires way less coordination from a posting perspective.

Same as last time, but this time without the Lay on Hands. I guess i'm starting to get repetitive. Seriously, though, can we dispense with the slightly-too-low rolls?

Attack: (1d20+16)[28]
    Damage: (1d8+19)[25]

Summary:
    HP: 52/52

Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil 0/2
    Lay on Hands 1/8???

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian sighs slightly as Aldrin makes his escapes. If her desire to destroy the letter was valid, then the removal of that chance was a blessing. He lays an aegis of protection over Jensi to ward him from the mental influence of the demon.

Countering Atavian's relief, the beyonder is growing increasingly furious. He howls in anger after failing to connect with the demon. Tallox hastily recalls his minimal knowledge of abyssal insults, "<DIE CHILD OF A SEVEN BREASTED RODENT!>" Or was that jab from the planes of Avernus? During his insult, he again rains down a fury of strikes at the succubus.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox Full Power attack. Add +2 to the attacks if Dastan moves.
    Bite: (1d20+8)[27] Damage (1d6+13)[19]
    L Claw: (1d20+7)[19] Damage (1d6+9)[13]
    R Claw: (1d20+7)[10] Damage (1d6+9)[11]

Atavian cast resistance on Jensi

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 39/39. AC: 20, 12 Touch, 18 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +2 Reflex, +4 Will.

Atavian
    HP: 38/38 (normal 48). AC: 18, 15 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +5 Reflex, +6 Will.
    Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 0/3

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Troll in the Playground

With all his spells exhausted, Aldrin stays outside of the room, listening to the battle inside.

Some help I am...

Hearing Selene screams inside the room does manage to put a smile on his face, however. Thankfully the rest of the party seems to know what they're doing against her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not doing anything, except maybe moving a bit farther out.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

14. - Top - End - #1154

Jensi

"Yikes!" Jensi exclaims as Selene morphs into her true, demonic form. "I guess she really was evil after all! That's good, since I don't think I'd like it very much if we accidentally killed somebody who was good." Luckily, Jensi stops his musings in time to mutter a swift prayer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Guidance on Tallox.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

15. - Top - End - #1155

The party lays into the succubus as one. Selene's supple body recoils in pain, her black blood hissing with acid as it splashes across the floor. Tallox rends her flesh, Rennard's sword stabs into her, and Dastan's holy weapon nearly goes right through her abdomen. She is not in good shape.

There is fear now in the demon's green eyes, mingled with hatred and a glinting intellect. She smirks, despite her wounds. "My my, you are bold little people, aren't you? This isn't over." She blows a kiss to her attackers, running her hand down her body. "We'll see each other again." With a flash of fell green light, she is gone.

Atavian
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would be her teleportation.

The room goes quiet, the hissing of Selene's blood dying away. Lord Carowyn groans, but does not awaken.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Graaa!" Tallox cries out loudly, "the damnable abyssal harlot got away!"

The summoner looks to his allies, "is everyone alrigh- Aldrin! The letter! I hope that thing is worth something." Atavian rushes out the door with Tallox following close behind. Remembering at the last second, the halfling shouts back, "someone tie him up!"

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

"It probably is if she wanted it destroyed," Aldrin replies, opening the letter to view its contents. "Now, assuming there aren't any further interruptions, let's find the kid and get out of here. This place is... urg, what do we do about the old man?"

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    This isn't over." She blows a kiss to her attackers, running her hand down her body. "We'll see each other again."
    And we'll make you pay, you manipulative bimbo! Reve replies in outrage (though it is not clear if the display of dislike is due to the succubus intrinsic existence or to the fact she blew a kiss in her Master's direction)

That moment of individuality coming from the blade is enough to dispel Rennard's trance, and the fencer's expression reassembles itself into its usual stern look.

Reve? asks the magus tentatively

Yes, Bonded? replies the blade in the most timid tone it has used yet

Thank you Even telepathically, the duelist's gratitude comes in an awkward tone

Any time

Inside his mind, Rennard can feel the black blade smiling

----------------------------

Hearing his companion's words, the magus forces himself back to reality and examines the situation

We cannot leave him here the duelist says in regards to Lord Carowyn We do not know if there are no more undead in the mansion, thus leaving him here represents too much of a risk.

Our best options are either to attempt to bring him back to consciousness through Jensi's magic or having one of us carry him. There is a low probability that the succubus magic will still be affecting him now that she's gone, so I believe the former option is the best.

Besides, it is the fastest option, and I agree with Aldrin that rescuing the child and departing should be our highest priority

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian shakes his head, "I disagree, completely. The succubi's magic may have affected him, but her kind rarely falls into the lap of someone of high moral standing. If we wake him, we'll probably just need to knock him out again as he tries to escape or kill us. Until we know for certain - he is an enemy and a prisoner."

Tallox picks him up indelicately with one hand and adds, "I can probably tote him around."

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SanguinePenguin View Post
    Atavian shakes his head, "I disagree, completely. The succubi's magic may have affected him, but her kind rarely falls into the lap of someone of high moral standing. If we wake him, we'll probably just need to knock him out again as he tries to escape or kill us. Until we know for certain - he is an enemy and a prisoner."

Tallox picks him up indelicately with one hand and adds, "I can probably tote him around."
    Rennard is about to reply to Atavian about how the succubus was able to affect all the party or argue how Tallox would be more efficient unhindered

We'll waste more time arguing the duelist realizes

Instead of saying what he thinks, the fencer just shrugs

If you prefer. Let us proceed and find the kid

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

21. - Top - End - #1161

The letter is a nondescript piece of parchment, covered in an equally non-descript handwriting that manages to be functionally without any elegance about it. It reads:

Rolth,

One of my servants has ensured that the Carowyn family will be hosting a ball on the night of 24 Arodus, and that the guest list contains many enemies. Go there and kill them as you best see fit. Save any Varisians: some of them have shown a considerable resilience to the blood veil, which we need to counteract.

And Rolth, you are only as valuable to us as you are successful. Do not fail. My servant will meet you in the manor; she will be watching and reporting back.

The letter is unsigned.

As for the unfortunate Lord Carowyn, he is hefted none too gently by Tallox.

A search of the rest of the manor turns up no one living. The kitchens are in a mess, as though a frantic struggle saw pots, pans, glasses, and plates thrown around the room.

The library contains a few infected bodies of nobles, doubtlessly ones that the necromancer had not be able to raise yet. The rest of the extensive house contains little of interest.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

Aldrin reads the letter out loud, after taking a few breaths to calm himself after the battle. Once he finishes, his brow furrows as he tries to make sense of this new information.

"The priestess said that Ruan was Varisian, didn't she? That would explain why we haven't found him, but it means he's still in danger, somewhere. Rolth must have been that wizard, and I think we killed the remains of the party's... guests." Aldrin rubs his eyes and sighs, the fatigue of today's events catching up with him. "This could have gone better, but at least we're still alive. Let's turn in Lord Carowyn to Kroft, get some sleep, and then come up with a plan for tomorrow. We're really not in much of a state to keep going."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian scowls at this situation. "Yes, Dawnflower said the boy is Varisian. He may have been taken somewhere else. Or there may be hidden rooms here," Atavian sighs loudly and glares at Lord Carowyn, "either way, he may the have answers we need. In light of new evidence or lack there of, we should wake him. If he gives us trouble, we can knock him out again, hopefully without difficulty. The letter does suggest that he might not be involved, so he will hopefully choose to aid us."

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

"Mm, good point," Aldrin mutters. "Hopefully he knows where his master is operating, or we're at a dead end."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

25. - Top - End - #1165

Jensi

"Wow," Jensi breathes sadly. "So they really did kill all these people? That's horrible. Why would anybody do that, even to their enemies? Why were these people even 'enemies' at all?" Jensi asks, confused and angry.

"I think we should wake up Lord Carowyn," the youth suggests. "Maybe he'll tell us why, even if he is a very, very bad person. I can use magic too, to get him to tell us."

Spoiler
    Show
    If we wake up Carowyn, Jensi will cast Charm Person on him (Will DC 17).
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard nods in agreement Aldrin's take on Rolth's absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blisstake View Post
    "Mm, good point," Aldrin mutters. "Hopefully he knows where his master is operating, or we're at a dead end."
    Not necessarily... replies the fencer, whose mind is constantly racing over the contents of the letter The letter said that many enemies of the puppetmaster would have been at this event. If we could at least identify some of them, we may find their common enemies and use that to infer who is behind all this

In either case, we do need to wake Lord Carowyn up, for he at least will know who the guests were. But Atavian's concerns are valid. Dastan, do you still have your manacles? After he's bound, Jensi can heal him back to consciousness

With that, the magus turns around and walks through the house trying to see if he identifies any symbol that may give away the guest's identities, finishing his investigation at the main ballroom. As he walks, the duelist can feel his own magical and physical powers completely exhausted

No time to rest yet. Why would this necromancer work for someone that is trying to stop the plague? Our original hypothesis was that he might be related to the spread of the plague... Maybe they have something to gain from stopping their own weapon?

Your Maestro would be proud of your paranoia. chips in Reve, though her voice did sound somewhat feinter, the blade's powers similarily exhausted

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Troll in the Playground

"Rennard, unless there's an extemely obvious shared enemy among those invited to the party, we aren't likely to identify the culprit without a significant expenditure of time. We have plenty of tasks to finish as it is without playing detective, and we need to be efficient about this." Aldrin looks over the letter again, then continues, "Plus, the letter doesn't say everyone was their enemy, only that some people on the list were."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan nods in agreement while he roots around in his backpack for the aforementioned restraints. "I must agree with Aldrin; much as I would like to find the mastermind behind this... Ah, here we are." He removes a pair of well-worn iron manacles, then takes the few strides to the unconscious form of Lord Carowyn and fastens them securely behind the old man's back. "There. They're nothing special, but I doubt he'll be able to escape or hurt us like this." He clears his throat. "As I was saying, as much as I would like to investigate further, there are at least two further threats to the city to deal with, and I know nothing near enough about any of these people to know where to begin. I say we leave this in Field-Marshal Croft's capable hands while we apply our skills to more practical matters." He pauses, thoughtfully. "With any luck, she'll be gracious enough to send us after the demon-summoning scum when she finds them." the paladin finishes, somewhat sanguinely.

29. - Top - End - #1169

Jensi

"Oh, that's a pretty good idea," Jensi says. "I bet Cressida has to ask evil people questions all the time. It's her job, right? So I bet she'd be really, really good at it. Let's just bring Lord Carowyn to her! That way we can help save the city more. And also go to the perfume store sooner. That would be nice, because after that we're going to the sewer." He pauses, thinking for a moment. "That way, the good smell and the bad smell will cancel out!"
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Before we go we should at the very least ask him about secret rooms. The possibility of Ruan and maybe others being caged up in some windowless cell under our feet is really grating me," Atavian suggests in a tone just shy of pleading.