New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

Atavian bows respectfully to the head of his faith in Korvosa, "Archbanker Tuttle, it is truly an honor."

Atavian thinks over what he knows of succubi and convolves it against the plan, "I am nervous about this plan for two reasons. First, succubi constantly can sense the presence of good-hearted individuals, if we are in the vault, she could sense us," then a realization hits the halfling and he continues more optimistically, "but this magically enhanced perception suffers from the limitations of all such divinations. If we hide behind dense materials - a lot of stone, a little lead or gold - that should suffice to stop the magic. My larger concern is that she can read thoughts whenever she chooses. My understanding is that it is only surface thoughts - but betrayal may be there. No matter what, the plan will go best if she only has a chance to interact with the strong willed."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

"Archbanker. As always, it is good to have the support of the Lord of Commerce and his followers." Dastan greets the priest politely. "Is there any way to warn us a minute or so before the demon arrives? I took care to prepare some useful prayers today, but I fear what little magic I can muster won't last long. Even thirty seconds of warning would be sufficient to convey Iomedae's blessings before the battle." He thinks for a moment. "I assume there is enough gold in the vault to hide behind to block her magical senses? So long as the vault is closed, and its magical defenses do not falter, she will not escape my blade. Well, your blade, actually." He gestures deferentially to the Field Marshal.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I'll be well out of the way," Kroft responds, "so you won't need to worry about me giving the plan away."

"And I am nigh impervious to such things," Tuttle adds. Then he chuckles. "Yes, my friend," he says to Dastan, "You will be quite safe from the demon's abilities within the vault. The door alone has enough gold to deflect magic of the kind you fear." He grins once again, and expression that you are beginning to feel is near-constant. "And that is to say nothing of the gold within. I dare say you'll be most impressed."

"And to your request for warning, it is no quick thing to unlock those twelve locks, each of them with its own key. You shall have ample time to prepare within once you hear the first lock open."

Spoiler
    Show
    You'll be able to cast two rounds worth of buffs if you so choose.
    Fantastic avatar by Ceika.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

"Fantastic," Aldrin comments as the Archbanker describes the protections provided by the vault. "It's good that we can count on the Church of Abadar to rid this city of these demonic threats. Your generosity will not be misplaced."

He turns to his companions, and clears his throat, "We've beaten her once before, and this time should be no different. If I may make one final suggestion it's that we kill her and be done with it. Normally I would be all for an interrogation, but this woman's words are twisted, magical or otherwise. So... who's ready to kill a demon?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to cast Protection from Chaos on myself and Jensi during those two rounds

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jensi

"Let's go!" Jensi says brightly. "I've never tricked a demon before! This is exciting!" Stashed safely in the vault, Jensi casts a few preparatory spells. Idly glacing down at his blisters, he remarks, "Oh, I think I'm sick from the plague. Huh. I guess maybe we should cure that?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Jensi will cast Lesser Restoration on himself (1d4)[1] and Bull's Strength on Tallox.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Currently applying to games!

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian grins at Tallox and the beyonder's toothy maw curls in kind. If they get her into the vault, they will assuredly have their revenge. "I agree, Aldrin. Using a demon, even just for information, is folly. We will destroy her."

Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian first casts Protection from Evil on Tallox and then Metamagically Extended Haste on Dastan, Tallox, Rennard, Aldrin and Jensi

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard had remained silent during the morning and the trek to the Bank. The fencer had barely nodded at the Archbanker or the Field Marshall.

Every ounce of the magus' considerable intellect was being dedicated to go through every possible scenario and produce countermeasures to whichever tricks the succubus decided to lay down on the party

The only thing that broke the duelist's concentration was Jensi's admission of carrying the plague. From his bond, Rennard can tell that the black blade is in shock at the revelation

We have at best six more days. Maybe more if the hypothesis about Varisian's being more resistant...

The magus tries to find comforting words for the young oracle... And he realizes he is not well suited for the task

Indeed, Jensi. It will be our first priority after this

With that, the fencer returns to his scheming, ready to use a new spell that he researched for this situation

Buffing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 1: Activate Arcane pool (Keen +3 Blade)
    Cast Enlarge on Dastan
    Round 2: Cast Tactical Accumen (+1 extra to bonus from flanking to everyone)
    Activate Black Blade strike for +2 to damage

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

8. - Top - End - #1208

You follow the Archbanker into the vault...

The vault clearly is where much of Korvosa's gold is stored: sturdy shelves stand in rows, each laden with gold bars and annotated with some organization, noble family, or the like. The room is T-shaped, and, where shelves dominate the part of that shape nearer the door, the back of the room contains a massive machine - part boiler, smelter, and printing press - for minting the city's coins. Sacks of gold are piled high against the far wall. You position yourselves well out of sight of the huge golden door and ready yourselves.

"I wish you well," Tuttle says as he shuts the door behind him, and you hear his keys click twelve times as the door locks.

--------------------------------

You do not need to wait long. Perhaps twenty minutes after being sealed inside the vault, you hear voices outside.

"I think, Madame, that you shall be most pleased with the fortune left to you by the late Lord Carowyn," you can hear Tuttle saying outside the door, his speech self-indulgent and slightly smug, as though it is he who is personally giving away a fortune.

Then comes a sultry voice that you recognize well. "I have no doubts of that... though I am most eager to see it."

"Of course. Your men can wait outside while you inspect your inheritance."

"If it is no trouble, might my bodyguards come with me?"

There follows a long pause, and, even within the vault, you can practically hear Tuttle's mind working.

"...Very well," he says loudly; "The Bank of Abadar can handle two more in its vaults. But make sure that they do not steal anything, Madame."

Then you hear the first of the locks clinking open, and you ready yourselves with murmured blessings and incantations. Thirty seconds later, the last of the locks clicks, and the sound of the well-oiled door swinging open rings out, followed by footsteps, and then it shutting once more.

Selene's voice is full of avarice: "Find my fortune and I may be generous to you two. Go!"

Peeking out from your hiding place, you see the succubus, once more disguised as a raven-haired beauty, accompanied by two competent-looking men, each with a long cloak covering most of his body.

Round 1: Surprise Round

Spoiler
    Show
    You've got a surprise round, so on this turn, please act for both that round and the normal round 1.

So, please take:
    1. A move or standard action for your surprise round, and then,
    2. A full round action for the normal round.

Map

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan grins despite the small complication of a pair of humanoid flunkies, at the plan having worked and steps out towards them, unnaturally fast and far larger than he should be as a result of his allies magic, his longsword glowing with silvery light from the celestial spirit inhabiting it. He calls out in a confidant voice, "Good morning, 'Selene'. I told you; there is no escape from your destiny. Today marks your end." He calmly lashes out with a hurricane of monstrously powerful blows at the first of the Succubus' goons.

Spoiler
    Show

Dastan is Enlarged as a result of Rennard's spell, meaning he takes up a 10-foot space and has a 10-foot Reach, Leviathan. For the next map.
    As a Move action in the Surprise round he'll move to directly below G2, squeezing past the shelving, and in the proper combat round he'll Full Attack the Goon and declalre a Smite Evil on Selene. Power Attack, of course, and if the Goon goes down move into his space.
    Thanks to the Bless spell I cast, all of my allies have +1 on attack rolls and Saves against Fear. Because they really need more bonuses on saves against Fear.
    Attack Roll 1: (1d20+12)[25]
    Damage Roll 1: (2d6+11)[19]
    Attack Roll 2: (1d20+12)[18]
    Damage Roll 2: (2d6+11)[19]

Summary:
    HP 52/52

AC21, FF21, Touch 8 (Add 4 against Selene)
    Saves Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +11 (Add 1 against Evil Outsiders like Selene)
    Resistance 5 to Acid, Fire, Electricity
    Immune to Fear, Allies within 10' get +4 on Saves against Fear.
    Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil 1/2
    Lay on Hands 8/8

Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2012-05-09 at 02:12 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Tallox flirts with the idea of surprise, but the paladin announces their presence. Maybe it's better this way. As he encroaches the warrior, Tallox can feel the influence of the magic infused in his body - speed, strength and a subtle safety net. As he passes Atavian, the halfling lays one final blessing of protection over the beyonder before stepping into position to hex the .

Tallox steps up to Selene's guard. Though imbued with celerity, there is nothing graceful about his motions. Harsh, brutal, almost distant - his eyes focused on Selene.

Atavian steps forward, also studying the raven-haired beauty. He calmly watches her lips, her hands, her eyes, studying for any attempt to create magic.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Surprise: Tallox moves adjacent to Selene's guard
    Atavian casts mage armor on Tallox

Full Power attack (BAB 4 + 7 str - 2 PA + 1 haste = 10)
    Bite 1: (1d20+11)[14] Damage (1d6+16)[22]
    L Claw: (1d20+10)[15] Damage (1d6+11)[12]
    R Claw: (1d20+10)[28] Damage (1d6+11)[16]
    Bite 2: (1d20+11)[27] Damage (1d6+16)[22]

Atavian will watch Selene to ascertain any spell she attempts to cast. If she casts one Atavian knows, he will counterspell. Spellcraft: (1d20+12)[25] (DC 15 + spell level)

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 39/39. AC: 25, 13 Touch, 23 Flatfooted. (additional +2 vs evil)
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +2 Reflex, +4 Will (all +2 vs evil)

Atavian
    HP: 48/48 AC: 18, 15 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +5 Reflex, +6 Will.
    Spells: 1st: 4/6 2nd: 2/3
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-05-09 at 02:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1211

Jensi

"You shouldn't have come here, Selene!" Jensi yaps at the succubus. Then he gets an idea. A trick worked once, right? Maybe... The oracle watches as the bodyguards are engaged in combat. We can't let her escape, and she's very powerful, so it would be bad if she comes to help her bad-friends.

"You shouldn't have come here," Jensi yells again, over the sounds of battle. "This is a place of the gods, and they don't like you very much! Now Abadar is going to punish you for being a demon in his vault!" Jensi stretches out his hand in an important way, and points a judgemental finger at the succubus. A dome of golden flame erupts around Selene, enclosing her from all sides, emitting a crackling sound.

Spoiler
    Show
    I really have no idea if this will work, but Jensi will cast Minor Image to create the illusion of a flamey-god-dome around Selene. Will Save DC 18 to disbelieve if interacted with.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

Though perfectly confident that his allies had control of the situation, Aldrin can't miss the opportunity to gloat. "Didn't you say something cute about none of us leaving alive?" he remarks as invisible sonic energy flies toward the demon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Protection against Chaos on Dastan for the surprise round (because he needs more saves and AC )

Next round he'll use ear piercing scream on Selene.

Save: 17 fort
    Damage: (2d6)[3] sonic damage
    SR: (1d20+5)[16]

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard was not surprised by the addition of the bodyguards. It was one of the possible scenarios he had planned for

We need to go into full offense to decrease their numbers the fencer reasons

With that though, the duelist dashes behind Dastan, following the enlarged paladin as he approaches the enemies. As he approaches to engage the foes, his left hand traces the glyph of "cold" and "weakness"

Glace the magus whispers as blue energy envelops the black rapier

Completely devoted to the offensive, Rennard lunges at the minion and delivers three quick jabs of his blade

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Surprise round: Move 10' to the right of G2
    Round 1:

Swift: Activate Arcane Strike
    Full round: Activate Spell combat + Spellstrike

Cast Chill Touch for damage - (1d6)[2] (Negative energy, Fort DC 16 or take 1 STR damage) to be added to first attack that connects

Take 5ft step to move into range
    Attack 3 times (1 normal attack + 1 attack from Chilll Touch + 1 attack from haste), crit range 15-20
    attack1 - (1d20+13)[24] (3 BAB+4 Dex+3 Magic+1Trait+1Feat+1 Ioun Stone + 1 Bless + 1 Haste - 2 Spell Combat)
    Damage - (1d6+8)[11] (1 STR + 3 Magic + 2 Arcane Stike + 2 Black blade strike)
    attack2 - (1d20+13)[25]
    Damage - (1d6+8)[12]
    attack3 - (1d20+13)[33]
    Damage - (1d6+8)[13] (+13 if 19 confirms)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=45/45
    AC=21 (16 touch, 16 FF)
    F=+7, R=+7, W=+5
    Arcane Pool=9/10
    Black Blade Arcane pool= 1/2
    CMB= +4
    CMD= 18
    Hero points= 3/3
    Arcane pool rounds left= 9/10
    Black blade strike rounds left = 9/10
    Tactical Accumen rounds left= 5/6
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-05-09 at 10:50 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

14. - Top - End - #1214

Dastan strides forwards, Kroft's fine longsword singing through the air towards the nearest of Selene's bodyguards. The man grunts as the paladin cuts through his cloak, but he manages to duck the second blow gracefully. Rennard follows up Dastan's attack, a trio of pinpoint strikes first sinking the man to his knees, then stabbing through his chest, and finally finishing him off with a clean cut to the throat that flashes with magical frost.

Tallox charges out at the other bodyguard, a vicious series of attacks leaving the man bleeding heavily, his cloak in tatters, revealing red armour underneath. Meanwhile, Atavian watches Selene keenly, ready for any tricks she might pull.

Jensi weaves an illusion, showing surprising cunning. A flaming sphere surrounds Selene, locking her in place. The succubus' eyes, already filled with uncertainty, begin to show true fear as she thinks herself trapped.

Aldrin gives Selene further reason for fear as his sorcery clutches at the demon's senses. It is repelled by her own innate defenses, however, before it can take hold.

Selene comes to her senses quickly, holding her ground within Jensi's illusion. A flash of red light and a puff of smoke fills the vault, and when it fades, she has taken up her true, demonic form. Her remaining guard proves un-phased by this, and it is momentarily clear why: his cloak drops away, revealing a pair of serrated sabres and red chitinous armour. Selene calls out a command - "You, assassin, take them on the right. I will deal with the great summoned brute.". The assassin rolls away from Tallox, dodging the beyonder's attempt to counter-attack, and launches himself at Dastan. His blade almost gets through the paladin's defenses, but in the end, magic and steel prove sufficient to ward off the attack.

Selene, meanwhile, chants in her Abyssal tongue, calling out for aid. With a deep rumble, as though a hellish fissure is opening up somewhere close by, a new foe appears. It at first appears human, but its skeletal figure smothered with bone-tight, leather hide dripping with blood, its long curved ram horns, and its blackened spear, makes it obvious that it isn't.

Aldrin, Atavian
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a babau, a demon known for assassination and foul murder.

The demonic servitor lunges at Tallox with its longspear, cutting into the eidolon.

Spoiler
    Show
    13 damage to Tallox.

Round 2

Map

Spoiler
    Show

B is the demon Selene summoned.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian scoffs, the Archbanker promised teleportation wouldn't work... Realizing the acid is the true danger with the presence of the Babau, Atavian nearly gags out the spell in his haste to cast it. Tallox's flesh shines slightly at the presence of the acid-warding layer that surged into existence.

Tallox scowls as his initial quarry escapes, not wasting any time, he sets into the Babau. A fury of claws and teeth ensue.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Power attack (BAB 4 + 7 str - 2 PA + 1 haste = 10)
    Bite 1: (1d20+11)[25] Damage (1d6+16)[20]
    L Claw: (1d20+10)[19] Damage (1d6+11)[13]
    R Claw: (1d20+10)[24] Damage (1d6+11)[17]
    Bite 2: (1d20+11)[25] Damage (1d6+16)[17]

Atavian will cast lesser evolution surge giving Tallox resist acid 10. If he knows about the acid in advance (from knowledge or the spear), then before Tallox undergoes immense pain. If he doesn't know, then after...

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 26/39. AC: 25, 13 Touch, 23 Flatfooted. (additional +2 vs evil)
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +3 Reflex, +4 Will (all +2 vs evil)

Atavian
    HP: 48/48 AC: 18, 15 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +5 Reflex, +6 Will.
    Spells: 1st: 4/6 2nd: 1/3
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-05-10 at 01:28 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan continues his relentless assault on the newly presented target, letting loose a flurry of strikes from his now nearly eight-foot-long glowing blade. "Ah, another Assassin. Face the fate of your victims!" He calls out to his target as he rains vicious blows down upon the red-armoured killer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Full Attack on G1, Power Attacking. Not much else to say. Almost not pleased to be Enlarged in here, thanks to the cramped quarters, but hopefully Rennard will get out of the darned way after G1 goes down so I can carve Selene to little ribbons. I do wonder how she managed to successfully Summon in a theoretically Dimension-Locked room, but eh. Makes for a more interesting battle.

Attack 1: (1d20+12)[18]
    Damage 1: (1d8+11)[19]
    Attack 2: (1d20+12)[22]
    Damage 2: (1d8+11)[16]

Summary:
    HP 52/52

AC22, FF21, Touch 9 (Add 4 against Selene, or 2 against other Evil. Forgot Haste's defensive bonuses last time.)
    Saves Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +11 (Add 1 against Evil Outsiders like Selene, and 2 against Evil. Forgot Haste's defensive bonuses last time.)
    Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil 1/2
    Lay on Hands 8/8

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Troll in the Playground

As Rennard's blade fells the first enemy, the fencer remains in his extended lunge position as the second guard makes his move against the paladin and exposes his flank to the duelist.

Still lunging, Rennard's left foot quickly moves to right behind his right, making both feet form a 90 degree for an instant. At that time, the fencer shifts his weight into his back leg and, without a moment's hesitation, he lunges at the foe in an attempt to clear Dastan's path to the succubus

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full round: Use Spellstrike to deliver a second charge of Chill Touch

ChillTouchDamage - (1d6)[3] (Negative energy, Fort DC 16 or take 1 STR damage) to be added to first attack that connects

Attack 2 times (1 attack from Chilll Touch + 1 attack from haste), crit range 15-20

Attack1 - (1d20+15)[32] (3 BAB+4 Dex+3 Magic+1Trait+1Feat+1 Ioun Stone + 1 Bless + 1 Haste)
    Damage - (1d6+8)[12] (+14 if 30 confirms, see OoC)

Attack2 - (1d20+15)[31]
    Damage - (1d6+8)[11]

EDIT: If enemy falls, 5ft step out of the way so Dastan can move in

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=45/45
    AC=21 (16 touch, 16 FF)
    F=+7, R=+7, W=+5
    Arcane Pool=9/10
    CMB= +4
    CMD= 18
    Hero points= 3/3
    Arcane pool rounds left= 8/10
    Black blade strike rounds left = 8/10
    Tactical Accumen rounds left= 4/6
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-05-10 at 02:17 AM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

18. - Top - End - #1218

Jensi

"Hold on, Tallox," Jensi says as the beyonder is struck. "Oh cool, red armour! Hey look everyone, these guys have cool red armour!" he says enthusiastically as the assassin is revealed. "I think Dastan should get some armour like that, then we could call him 'The Red Knight." Jensi babbles on this way as he meanders towards the injured Tallox, placing a hand on the creature's shoulder and releasing a pulse of white light.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to Tallox and cast Cure Light Wounds: (1d8+5)[13]
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

19. - Top - End - #1219

Tallox's grey skin glistens with a protective sheen as Atavian's quick thinking conjures up a barrier just in time. Mere milliseconds later, the eidolon begins slashing and biting at the babau demon. Each attack rains down more viciously than the last, and the demon screams in unearthly pain as its distant cousin leaves it bloodied. Acid boils up out of the wounds, but Tallox's newly-gained resistance wards him against the effect.

Jensi wanders over to heal the wound that Tallox had earlier received from the now-slain babau.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Rennard's intent was to clear Dastan's path to Selene, and since Dastan wanted to attack Selene, and since the two posts came at the same time, I've amended the actions to be optimal.

Rennard darts towards the red-armoured assassin, Reve raised. Two thrusts through the heart finishes the magus' opponent off. He clears the way for Dastan, who steps forward to engage Selene. The succubus still thinks she is trapped within Jensi's illusion, which makes Dastan's work easier. She ducks the paladin's first swing, but is struck across her collar by the second, drawing black blood from the wound.

Aldrin sends a searing sonic burst flying towards the babau. It finishes off the wounded demon, which collapses under the magical assault, shrieking, with blood running from its ear sockets.

Selene is now alone, about to be assailed on all sides. One of her smooth, supple hands touches Dastan, draining away a portion of his life force. But even as she appears revitalized, the succubus' face flashes with fear. "Please," she pleads; "let me live and I will serve you!"

Round 3

Map

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Even as Selene pleads for her life, Tallox, fast as lightning, lunges across the room. He is almost horizontal as his jaws clamp shut at Selene's neck. Having given his answer to her pleading, his motion comes to a rest at her side. The beyonder poises himself to strike again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging Flanking Power Attack
    Attack: (1d20+15)[22] Damage: (1d6+16)[17]
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-05-11 at 06:41 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

"No," answers Aldrin simply, watching as Tallox fiercely rips into the demon's flesh. "Today you die."

Spoiler
    Show
    Not doing anything. I think we have this taken care of

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

22. - Top - End - #1222

Jensi

Jensi looks like he's about to say something, perhaps urging his companions to stop. Instead, the youth bites his lip and lets the onslaught continue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Guidance on Dastan (+1 to hit)
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard pauses for a second, contemplating the possibility of obtaining information out of the succubus... The party was in sore need for more information, and Selene could answer many of the questions that had been troubling the magus and his companions...

Even before Reve has a chance to protest, Rennard's own logical mind reminds him that the risk of Selene's powers taking hold over her attacker's minds offests any information that could be extracted from the succubus

His course of action clear, Rennard realizes that cutting off the last route of escape should take priority. Calculating both his ally's and his foe's position, the duelist rushes towards the paladin's back, breaking at the last second into a roll that would allow him to circumvent the enlarged Dastan and position him within striking distance of Selene

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Move South of Selene using Acrobatics to not provoke AoO

Acrobatics - (1d20+12)[32] (vs CMD to not provoke AoO)

Standard:
    Attack - (1d20+15)[29] (3 BAB+4 Dex+3 Magic+1Trait+1Feat+1 Ioun Stone + 1 Bless + 1 Haste, does not include flanking)

Damage - (1d6+8)[11]

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=45/45
    AC=21 (16 touch, 16 FF)
    F=+7, R=+7, W=+5
    Arcane Pool=9/10
    CMB= +4
    CMD= 18
    Hero points= 3/3
    Arcane pool rounds left= 7/10
    Black blade strike rounds left = 7/10
    Tactical Accumen rounds left= 3/6

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan looks at the beautiful young woman and hesitates for a short moment as his allies continue their attack. His mouth forms a determined grimace and he strikes silently with his oversized blade, letting his actions be his reply. Once again divine light wreaths him, restoring the energy the succubus drained away with her touch, as he attempts to deliver the final blow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Full Attack with Power Attack, then Lay on Hands myself as a Swift action.

Attack 1: (1d20+19)[32] (+5Str, +5 BAB, +2 Enhancement, +1 Morale, +1 Insight, +1 Haste, +4 Smite, +3 Flank, -1 Size, -2 Power Attack holy hell)
    Damage 1: (2d6+16)[19] (+5 Str, +2 Enhancement, +4 Power Attack, +5 Smite)
    Attack 2: (1d20+19)[29]
    Damage 2: (2d6+16)[22]

Lay on Hands: (3d6)[11]

Summary:
    HP: 41/52
    AC22, FF21, Touch 9 (Add 4 against Selene)
    Saves Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +11 (Add 1 against Evil Outsiders like Selene, and 2 against Evil.)
    Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil 1/2
    Lay on Hands 7/8
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2012-05-12 at 06:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1225

The party now concentrates its fire on Selene, attacking the succubus from all sides. Tallox's bestial lunge rends flesh. Rennard gracefully rolls around the magically-enlarged Dastan, cutting into Selene with his blade. Dastan's blazing longsword makes Selene cry out in excruciating pain as her demonic body seems to wither before the holy energies.

"No," she shrieks; "It will not end like this! No!" He once beautiful face now a mask of pain and hatred, Selene fixes her gaze upon Dastan. Her eyes burn with a demonic lust, fuelled by rage. She leaps at the paladin, her hands grabbing at his wrists as her hoofed legs attempt to wrap around his. Her lush lips lunge in, attacking, hoping for the ultimate revenge. But it is not to be. Her green eyes widen in shock, and she gasps in shock. Her grasp on Dastan grows limp, and then fades away altogether. As she attacked, Dastan's heavenly blade has been thrust through her black heart. Her body slides off it, dead, blood welling up out of her many wounds as it falls in an unceremonious heap on the floor. Her silky black hair is spread out around her head, her eyes still open...

Then, slowly, her body begins to burn, fel flames licking at her corpse, crackling as it absorbs her utterly, until nothing is left but a blackened mark upon the otherwise flawless stone floor of the vault.

Spoiler
    Show
    Her attempt to grapple-level-drain Dastan failed rather spectacularly. Fight over.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

As she starts burning, Tallox tilts his head back in a maniacal laugh. Atavian calmly walks to the vault's door and raps against it three times. Truthfully, a part of him is elated as Tallox at the death of that demonic temptress who befouled his mind the day before, yet he displays a modicum of restraint.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Troll in the Playground

Take that! says Reve inside of the magus' head as the succubus gets sent back to her home plane. Once again, the blade was displaying an uncharacteristic viciousness that seemed to oddly echo Tallox's

Rennard does not make sound as Selene burns. Though he regrets not having obtained more information out of the encounter, the only response the duelist makes at the creature's demise is to retrieve a handkerchief and clean the black rapier while he waits for the doors to be reopened, his mind already focusing on the next step: The confrontation with the Wererats

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

28. - Top - End - #1228

The massive golden door arduously opens. Kroft is there, with Tuttle and a few guards. She steps inside, looking around. "Where is she... There's no body?"

The Archbanker smiles knowingly. "The creatures of the Outer Sphere are so utterly destroyed upon death that nothing is left, either of body or spirit. The body burns, and the spirit is severed and completely annihilated. The creature will, I dare say, not trouble you again."

"Good. But we still have a city to save. One of my patrols captured a man who had on his person what we believe is the symbol of Urgathoa. I'm going to interrogate him now. We can't spare any magic to make him talk, so it could take quite a while." Waving a hand authoritatively to her men, she begins to leave. "Let's get back to it, people." Then to you: "Come see me when you've finished up all of your business."

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian turns to Tuttle, gives a respectful bow and says, "Archbanker Tuttle, it has been an honor. We are most grateful for the use of your vault and... apologize for the stain," he says pointing at where Selene perished. He then lowers his voice to a whisper, "did you know that creatures can be summoned inside your vault? It is a security risk I thought should be brought to your attention."

Spoiler
    Show
    Someone may wish to search the bodies of the assassins. Atavian wouldn't bother.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-05-13 at 11:11 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, it will. I told you, Selene, there was no escape for you." Dastan whispers to the Succubus' corpse as it slides off his blade, her foul blood sizzling and popping on his divinely imbued sword until no trace remains of her.

After Kroft and the Archbanker re-enter the room, Dastan looks at each of them and says, "Urgathoa? Goddess of torture and pain? The Succubus was forcing Lord Carowyn to pretend to be one of her followers when we encountered them last night. It is possible that she was called here by one such, Lady Marshal. Be careful; whoever is behind this had black magic capable of slaying Lord Carowyn without being present at all." He then turns his attention fully to the Archbanker, his tone becoming much more cautious. "I wonder, sir, if I could speak to you for a moment about the course of the plague? I fear, given the speed of its spread and the proportion of those infected it strikes down, that it could be a terrible setback to the prosperity of the city. After all, businesses are already shutting down and trade has dried up. Perhaps it would be best if Abadar's followers took a more active role in halting the plague, to minimize the disruption to civilization?"

Spoiler
    Show

Well, might as well try to get the Abadarites... Abadarians? Whatever, helping out with the plague while we've got their leader nice and handy and pleased with himself, eh?

Diplomacy check: (1d20+16)[28]