New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

"I can't believe that actually worked," Aldrin says after exited the Vault and exhaling in relief. "What am I saying? Of course it worked, I'm brilliant. Now before we go off killing were-rats and whatnot, I say we examine the shop claiming to sell a cure for the disease, after all, we can't let that..." his train of thought is interrupted as he sees Jensi's blotchy, red skin.

"No, top priority is making sure Jensi is okay. Then we can investigate that shop." He turns to Tuttle to thank him (though without any reverential gesture). "Thank you for your support, Archbanker. We couldn't have done this without you."

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Archbanker nods to Atavian. "Indeed they can be. It does pose some risk, but it is a calculated one. We ourselves would find it much more difficult to protect the vault were summonings impossible, and so we assume that the probability of any malevolent actor overpowering our own capacity for conjuration with his own is sufficiently low that, on the whole, we are better off maintaining the use of summoning spells within the vault. Still, your concern is much appreciated by the Lord of Commerce, brave halfling."

Kroft gives a small smile to Dastan as she departs. "Your warning is noted Dastan; we'll be careful. And I hope you'll do the same."

As Dastan makes his case to Tuttle, the Archbanker strokes his double chin. "Yes," he ponders afterwards, "I suppose that we could do more..." He clears his throat, expecting attention as he makes his decision. "It is quite true what you say. However, we cannot abandon one of our principle tenets unless there is no alternative in the face of an assault upon civilization. Nor, indeed, will abandoning the requesting of fair payment for service improve the city. We already are expending our own capacity for healing each day to those who can pay. Waiving fees would simply shift the populations we principally serve, but not actually eliminate more plague. However, we have previously been allowing our clients to go about their business after having been cured. This will no longer continue. Several of the other temples, along with the guard, have organized such that blood veil victims who have been cured depart the city to minimize chances of re-infection. Henceforth, I shall order all of my priests to make their services conditional upon the victim agreeing to join one of these caravans leaving the city. And then, once all victims able to pay have departed, we will consider offering our aid to those who cannot." The Archbanker nods to himself, as if in agreement, clearly pleased by his solution. "I hope that will suit your desires, sir paladin."

Spoiler
    Show
    500 EXP for obtaining that concession. It'll also save quite a few lives in the long run, you expect.
    Fantastic avatar by Ceika.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Troll in the Playground

Hearing the Archbanker's explanation for the church's actions began to make a lot more sense to the sorcerer than he initially considered. If they were tasked to capacity already, then there wasn't much harm in how they went about curing the plague. Still, it sounds like something Jensi, Dastan, and possibly Rennard would feel uncomfortable about, favoring the rich in a time of crisis. Aldrin could care less however, as long as the long term safety of the city was being ensured, especially if the rich citizens are more vital to its smooth operation.

"Since we're on that topic," Aldrin brings up, after considering the new information, "Are there any priests available to help out Jensi here? He thinks he has plague now."

Even though Varisians are apparently resistant to it...

"We have money."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

4. - Top - End - #1234

"I suppose it would be to the benefit of us all to prioritize those most able to in turn help," Tuttle says. The Archbanker raises a meaty hand over Jensi, and golden light swirls over the Varisian youth. Before your eyes, his blisters shrink away into nothing, leaving unblemished skin behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    RocketMan, subtract 150g from your gold pool, or, I suppose, from the party pool.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jensi

"Thanks, Aldrin, and thank you Mr. Archbanker Tuttle," Jensi says happily, "I'm feeling much better now! So lets go investigate that perfumerie now!"
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Currently applying to games!

6. - Top - End - #1236

The party departs the Bank of Abadar, reinvigorated by victory and the destruction of Selene, heading for the perfumery known as Lavender...

The small boutique stands amid rows of tightly packed shops just off of Summoning Street. It is brightly decorated, a wooden sign painted in shades of purple hanging over the doorway. Amethyst bay windows look out over the street, and flower beds line the street under these. Though its neighbours are boarded up, or else nearly empty, with doors shut, Lavender is bubbling with activity. A queue of eager Korvosans mill about in a winding line that stretches nearly four blocks. It threads its way into the store, outside of which stand four well-dressed men, burly, with thick leather armour and purple cravats, who watch over the clientele.

Your Pseudodragon's marks quickly get you into the store. Inside, a menagerie of heady scents twists throughout the cramped but stylish perfumery. A dizzying assortment of bottles, from gaudy ceramics to crystalline vials, lines a variety of lace- and ribbon-strewn tables, shelves, and racks. Across from the front windows orchid tinted glass panes runs a long counter, stacked high with hundreds of simple clay phials, each plugged with a round, magenta stopper. Behind the counter are two pretty girls, each wearing an apron - purple, of course - marked with a golden swooping "L."

Besides the clients and the girls behind the counter, there are two other figures here. The first, standing behind the counter, away from the girls, is a woman of perhaps thirty, with curly locks of black hair, a smooth face, and a frilly pink dress. The other is the opposite: a tall, severe looking woman with cropped hair and a scowl. Instead of a dress, she is wearing the grey armour that is instantly recognizable as belonging to a Hell knight...

Spoiler
    Show
    To clarify, the Hell Knight is indeed Minerva's Dresane. So Minerva, you can start posting, along the lines of what we've discussed. Everyone else, time to investigate/interact/whatever!

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh look," says Aldrin flatly, "A hellknight. It's a miracle that the entire shop and clientele haven't been arrested yet."

Getting her attention (if the blatant insult hadn't already), Aldrin announces, "We're here on official business with Field Marshall Cresida Kroft. Please discontinue whatever operations you're doing here so you can go back to... I don't know, harassing peasants or something."
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2012-05-14 at 05:27 PM.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian avoids the commotion and ducks behind Tallox. Out of sight, he incants the magic and raises one hand to his temple in focus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast detect magic. Looking for all magical sources in the room. Spending rounds necessary to check.

Spellcraft (if necessary): (1d20+12)[27]

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dresane is staring down Lavender's proprietor, her stormy eyes glaring at the woman as though a long and fearsome enough look would draw the secrets out of her. And perhaps they would, but she is interrupted by a male voice, dripping with contempt.

Without a word, Dresane turns to face the speaker. She looks him over, her face tight as she shifts the target of her stare from the shopkeep onto Aldrin. There is a long pause before Dresane speaks, and when she does, her voice is loud and cutting.

"Show some respect, boy. My purpose here will not be interrupted because an arrogant fool puffs out his chest and first derides me for harassing peasants, then orders me to do so once more."

Dresane locks eyes unwaveringly with Aldrin, but then speaks again. "However, I doubt that our purposes are at odds. I take it by your presence that the City Guard has determined that this woman is a fraudulent leech?" She jabs a finger towards the shopkeep.
    The wonderful Athena avatar is courtesy of Akrim.elf!

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Troll in the Playground

Not particularly surprised by her response, Aldrin counters, "I was just trying to help out by sending you to do the one thing Hellknights excel at, but if you insist on remaining, go ahead and watch how competent people can solve this. Should be a refreshing change of pace for you, yes?"

He turns around to the shopkeeper after breaking eye contact with Dresane, and speaks, "All right woman, explain yourself. And don't give us any crap, you know why we're here."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate?

(1d20+13)[25]

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan looks somewhat shocked at the bitter argument between Aldrin and the Hellknight. "And I thought I had trouble with the hells-lovers..." He whispers under his breath. He simply stands in the corner, watching the Sorceror act with a bemused frown on his face; Aldrin leading the way is odd. Aldrin outright declaring his intentions and then trying to browbeat someone into submission is even odder. Finally, he fixes his attention on the shopkeep, taking advantage of Aldrin's verbal offensive to observe her carefully.
    Spoiler
    Show

Using Detect Evil centred on the Shopkeep, 60 foot cone, move action for all information and so on.

Also, preemptive Sense Motive for whatever her response is: (1d20+7)[20]

... I honestly thought Dastan would have the most trouble with a Hellknight trying to join up. Was not thinking about the fact that Aldrin's family was hauled away for execution by them. Heh, silly me.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dresane steps forwards, one of her hands curling into a fist, her eyes narrowed. She halts, though, mastering herself. "I have done nothing to cause such hostility," she replies, her tone more measured than before. "Your halfling has more sense, unless you are here only to impede me." Dresane nods at Atavian's investigation approvingly. If you will not put your own pettiness behind your duty, it falls to me." Evidently "more measured" is relative.

The Hellknight turns to face Lavender's proprietor, leaning over the countertop. "You will answer his question," she says menacingly, "or you will face the consequences."

Spoiler
    Show
    I will use discern lies on the shopkeeper. If she lies knowingly, I know.
    Intimidate aid another (1d20+10)[23]
    Sense motive (1d20+13)[21]
    Last edited by Minerva; 2012-05-14 at 04:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1243

As the party enters the boutique store, Atavian conceals himself behind his eidolon and begins to search it for magical auras.

Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian notes several auras of weak strength emanating from the store's frilly proprietor. She appears to have two wands tucked under the hem of her dress, and is wearing magical bands around her wrists.

Several of the store's most expensive perfumes radiate faint magical auras. The Luxurious Liniment (the plague cure) does not.

As Atavian searches, Aldrin and Dresane interrogate. The proprietor holds up dainty, soft hands in front of her defensively. "Now there is no need to be so aggressive," she pipes up, waving her hands back and forth, taking a step away from the counter. Her sales girls look on fearfully. "I am Miss Vendra Loagri, and I take it that you don't approve of my Luxurious Liniment, is that it? You doubt? Doubt no longer!"

Vendra waves her arms, standing up on a footstool. She shouts over the crowd outside. "There must be someone here who can attest to the wondrous effects of the Liniment! Come forward! You'll have a free vial if you defend my honour!"

A second later, a man steps forward from the shop's aisles. He is flat faced and grubby, overweight, and slightly balding. "'m Sol' Carmino," he grunts blandly; "th' luxu... th' lini... th' drink cured m' plague, sure as dayligh' tha's a fact. M' leg's been bum for a year an' th' cure got rid o' tha' too."

Dastan and Dresane
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man seems to be lying. He was also, before stepping forward to testify, the only person actually browsing perfumes in the shop, instead of lining up outside.

"There, you see? This good man was cured by Lavender's Luxurious Liniment!"

Dresane
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vendra's last sentence registers as a lie. Your sense motive can't be sure whether she's lying, though.

Dastan
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Vendra is lying, she's consummate at it. It's possible that she is, but you can't make out any of the tell-tale signs of it.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard had remained silent during Aldrin's spar with the Hellknight. Logic advised to stay clear of a confrontation with such an organization unless necessary

It is after Sol' Carmino speaks that that the magus interjects

Though I do not necessarily put into question the veracity of this man's claim says the fencer while pointing at the in promptu witness A single data point is nothing but anecdotal evidence. Do you have records of your successful cures?

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dresane inclines her head in agreement when Rennard criticizes Vendra Loagri's evidence. "He's sharp," she says bluntly. "Though I go further than doubt."

The inquisitor rounds on the shopkeeper's witness, jabbing a finger at his chest accusatively. "You lie, and badly. You stand here inspecting fine perfumes, but if I smell you, I do not think I shall find any trace of it. Is it for your wife, then? Or is it that you whore yourself and the truth of this corruption to Loagri? Your mistress's deception is already known by him who is immeasurably your greater, and therefore be mindful before you recite back her brazen falsehoods."

Dresane strides towards Sol'. Her nostrils flare as she breathes in his scent deeply.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am not sure if a check will be necessary. I guess intimidate if one is... (1d20+10)[12]

And I guess I'm also doing a... smell check? Perception maybe? [roll]1d20+11[/roll] <<Roll fail. OOC time>>
    Last edited by Minerva; 2012-05-14 at 07:52 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian turns to the man claiming to have been cured by the plague. He looks to be a transient, likely blessed with coins by the good shopkeeper for his services. He replies to the man's assertions directly, "good sir, this false cure could lead to many deaths. Hundreds could waste their money on it and die. How much is she paying you? In addition to a clean conscience, I'll give you two whole platinum on top of it," the halfling withdraws two glittering coins and flashes them at the man, "for the truth, now. We will know."

Spoiler
    Show
    As I'm appealing to the man's greed, I'm not sure if any check is even relevant here, but...

Diplomacy: (1d20+5)[23]

17. - Top - End - #1247

Jensi

Jensi's head spins back and forth as the party debates with Loagri and Solt. I don't understand... Vendra says it works, Solt says it works, but Aldrin and Atavian says it doesn't. Does that mean – Jensi ponders – that Vendra might be lying? That's terrible!

"I think you should tell the truth," Jensi says, his voice less airy, more accusatory, that normal. "Lying to these people isn't nice."
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

18. - Top - End - #1248

Dresane sniffs at Solt Camino. The man takes a nervous step away, then decides that Atavian seems much friendlier. "Er..." he stammers. Vendra Loagri shoots him an angry warning: "Don't you dare..."

She ain' payin' me enough for this trouble... Truth be told, I never got th' plague for one single day o' m' life." Spotting Vendra's angry look, he adds lamely that "'th' drink done 'elp m' bum leg, though."

Solt heads over to Atavian, holding out his outstretched hand with palm upwards. "Time's a bein' what they is, tha's more than gen-rous, sir."

Vendra throws her hands up in frustration. "You imbecile! I would have paid you to keep quiet!" She looks desperate as she turns to the party. "I'm making a fortune here. Name your price for silence and you'll have it."

Rennard
    Spoiler
    Show
    From OOC sense motive: You can't tell whether Vendra is lying from how she acts, but there seems to be ample proof of that fact. You can see that her desperation is genuine, though.

Dresane
    Spoiler
    Show
    From OOC perception: Solt does not smell of perfume. He does smell rather strongly of body odour, though. You also notice that his clothes are far too ragged to be a customer at a place like Lavender.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian hands the man both coins and adds, "I appreciate your honesty. Do try to find a more honest form of work. Until you do, pace yourself - you can live comfortably off of this for quite a while."

Atavian then turns to the woman, sighs and says flatly, "Vendra, you are a charlatan and a fraud. You are shamelessly and deceitfully profiting off the fear of this city. What you are doing could be construed as impersonating one of the queen's doctors, which is punishable by death. If you come quietly, I give you my word that I will strongly urge for a less severe punishment than that. You can see you are outmatched, so take that offer."

Spoiler
    Show
    Some one with better diplomancy may want to back this up...

Diplomacy: (1d20+5)[24]

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, look at that. Less than 5 minutes and we've already got a confession." He acts is if every mission goes this smoothly, even though he's quite aware that isn't the case. Glaring at Venya, Aldrin replies, "By the authority granted by Field Marshall Cresida Kroft, you're under arrest. Relinquish any money you've earned since selling this fraudulent potion, and come with us. We're authorized to use force if you are not cooperative."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate!

(1d20+13)[15]

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan steps forwards from the corner he had ensconsed himself in, his eyes narrowed as he stares at Vendra. "Price, you say? What cost do you place on a person's life, ma'am? I expect you could not afford the cost of even one of the people you've doomed, much less all of them." He rests one hand on the pommel of his sword and raises the other to point accusingly at her. "We have your admission of guilt, and so this deceitful enterprise is finished. You will come with us to face justice, one way or the other." He turns shortly towards the first few of the long line of potential customers outside and announces, "You heard them. The 'cure' is a fake. Return to your homes, or speak with the clerics of Abadar for a true cure. There is nothing here for you."
    Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy to get the crowd to disperse. Frankly, I couldn't care less if we have to beat the scrawny perfume-maker into submission.

Diplomacy: (1d20+16)[18]
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dresane's heavy, steel shod boots clank against the floor when she marches up to the shop's countertop. Her face burns with barely contained fury. She hefts one of the "cures," holding it in her hand before crushing it.

While Dastan speaks, Dresane nods her head in agreement with the Aasimar paladin. "Your work is at an end, and when justice is done, so are you. Surrender now or I will happily end your treacherous life myself."

She now whirls, facing everyone else. "I... thank... you for your timely assistance," Dresane says sourly, not used to giving praise to anyone, let alone a group that minutes ago was berating her. "You have proven yourselves to be capable, but I will go with this thing back to your Citadel to see the matter finished." Calling Vendra "this thing" is all that needs to be said of her opinion of the shopkeeper.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate aiding Aldrin (1d20+10)[27]

23. - Top - End - #1253

Vendra's head swivels from side to side, searching for some route of escape or method of delay. Atavian's words clearly have an impact on her; the woman's eyes shift, weighing her options.

In the end, Aldrin, Dastan, and Dresane's harsher demands for her to yield push her over the edge. "Alright, alright. No need for violence. I surrender, fine. The gold is all here" - she pulls out a large lockbox from behind the counter. "Just don't let them kill me," she pleads with Atavian. Resigned, she holds out her arms so that they can be tied together.

Meanwhile the crowd, at Dastan's urging, disperses quickly. No one is eager to stay anywhere public without good cause. Angry muttering and even a few shouts of "Hang her," are audible.

The shocked sales girls and bouncers look relieved not to have been arrested, as does Solt Carmino.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2012-05-15 at 04:21 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"I gave you my word that I will urge for lenience." To the sales people Atavian states directly, "all of you leave... now. If any of you attempt to continue this false business venture, we will not be so kind." Without any show, the halfling removes the wands from Vendra's person.

Spoiler
    Show
    Does someone with ropes or manacles want to bind her?
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-05-15 at 07:13 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard, not one for pleasantries either, merely nods at the Hellknight's compliment and her statement to accompany the party. The inquisitor's follow through of the potion maker was only logical

Not sure what to make of her chips in Reve referring to Dresane She seems to have some.. anger management issues

Though not what I would have chosen, you can't argue with the efficiency of her methods replies the fencer

Are you saying the end justifies the means, Bonded? quickly jabs the blade, more in amused teasing than questioning, knowing the reaction she would cause on her Master

It's inefficient to talk about this now replies a flustered duelist

As usual, we need more data... We need to make sure that only avarice motivated this fake cure...

After the crowds are dispersed by Dastan but before Vendra is taken away, the magus raises his hand to his companions, indicating that there was some more buisness at hand

Turning to the fake apothecary, Rennard asks a carefully worded question (after all, the magus did not know where did the Hellknight's allegiances lie)

Was there anyone else involved in the planning of this ruse?

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dresane jumps on Rennard's question, reaching down to her breast to brandish her Asmodean pendant at Vendra. The Prince of Darkness's unholy symbol sparks with energy. "Speak only the truth," Dresane orders, "or it will be known."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yessir, discern lies on Vendra. Smart question Drothmal.

27. - Top - End - #1257

Jensi

"Don't worry," Jensi says idly to Vendra as the party walks towards the Citadel. "What you did was bad, but they won't kill you. And the last time we arrested someone, they got rescued anyways. By Blackjack!" he says in an awed voice. "I wonder if you'll be rescued by Blackjack? Probably not, since Trinia didn't do anything bad, and you did. Maybe I should get arrested to be rescued by a Blackjack - swinging through a window would probably be fun!"
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

28. - Top - End - #1258

Loagri's employees scatter as Atavian finishes speaking, packing up their things and exiting promptly.

Vendra replies to Rennard question quickly, knowing compliance to be her best defence now. "No, there wasn't. I could make the potion myself, and didn't want to split any of the profits when I didn't need to."

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    She seems to be telling the truth.

Dresane
    Spoiler
    Show
    None of what she said registers as a lie.

The proprietor's hands are bound, and she is led off towards the Citadel. Jensi blithely speaks as you walk. Vendra appears perplexed by the young oracle more than anything else. "I'm glad to hear that I won't be killed," she mutters, "but I just wish it didn't come out so crazy when he says it. Not that I'll be objecting if Blackjack takes the good kind of interest in me."

Spoiler
    Show
    If you have any more interrogating to do, finish it up as you walk. Otherwise, let me know that you're ready to move on. In that vein, you can either stop at the Citadel and talk to someone in depth, or just drop her off there and head right to the sewers. Your choice.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Could make it?" Atavian whispers softy to himself with a perplexed tone. He turns to the woman and asks, "out of curiosity, what was actually in your liniment? Did it do anything at all?"

30. - Top - End - #1260

"Um," the dishonest merchant replies as Atavian removes her wands from her belt, give me some credit, it did something. I've been selling the liniment for years, actually. It soothes joints, and pains, clears the complexion, and removes blisters. I... um, well, I only had to claim it cured the blood veil and people flocked to it. When it took away their symptoms, they all thought it worked. I had figured to be long gone before anyone realized."

Spoiler
    Show
    Her wands are wand of charm person (38 charges) and a wand of cure disease (7 charges).

-----------------------------

You approach the now-familiar Citadel, its grey walls undermanned, with only a few guards patrolling from them. Vendra is escorted away to its prisons. From the Citadel's main building, the Field Marshal comes walking. She spots you, sees Vendra being taken away, and strides over.

"Not a real cure, then? Damn. I mean, it was likely she was a trickster, but we all had our hopes that it would work. Speaking of which, the necromancer named Rolth you killed was on the list of necromancers Delmarin provided before this plague hit. Based on that, we've raided a home belonging to him. It wasn't pretty. He was experimenting on Varisians. We recovered his research data. Apparently, approximately ten percent are completely immune to the blood veil. He was working on a way to 'remedy' that. But a group of Academae wizards and alchemists think that the immunity might be the best way to find a cure. They're starting work, but whoever Rolth was working with has a head start. If they manage to circumvent the immunity... well, we're back to having no idea how to cure this thing."

"Of course, we can't ignore the other threats to the city either. But sooner or later we're going to find the bastards working with Rolth, and when we do, there'll be hell to pay. If you find anyone involved with this, find any notes they've made. The more information I can give to the Academae, the better our chance of curing this."

Kroft finally looks around at the group, spotting Dresane. "A hellknight. Do you have business here?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, if you want to make the case for leniency for Vendra, you can write something out. Rolling a good diplomacy check will help, but isn't strictly necessary if you can make a good argument.