New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Garen's Fate (IC thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Elias looks up with a start. Constructs? Those are my people... so to speak! "Is it the same sort of people as before? Dunstan's former colleagues?" He asks. "They may live, but they remain tireless workers. I would not be surprised to learn that they were being used as slave labor. If they still yet live."
    "Others, ones that work in menial labour. They have been found half dismantled."
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Veyna waved politely to Elias and the constables in turn as they sat at the table. "Constable Sam. Constable Nick. Elias. Good day to you both." Of course it was no coincidence and of course Durin did not invite her to dinner just for the sake of it. He had another job for them. But where was Feather and why was Devlan not a part of this? Did he want to exclude them this time? Was Devlan two busy, when two constables were not?

She had seen her fair share of Warforged before, usually as bodyguards for the Helvorian wealthy or assets in construction projects. Beyond invaluable as workers, they did jobs usually assigned to peasants better and more efficiently in most every way. Many of the poor complained about having lost job opportunities, but few of those zealous enough to be revolutionaries had the courage to attack people flanked by the sentient metal statues. Of course, the one job they never replaced was the chimney sweep, much to the dismay of the many children all but forced into that hazardous line of work. Warforged, like adults, were simply too big.

"I'm not surprised this is more than a dinner invitation, Durin. Do we have any leads as to who is dismantling them? And you say they are only partially so. That suggests someone is looking for specific parts from them. Is there any pattern to which parts are removed or the manner in which they are dismantled?" At this moment, Veyna strongly held to two hopes. That this next job did not require her to kill, and that she at least seemed to know what she was talking about, for she was certainly no artificer.
    Last edited by Feather Sigil; 2011-09-29 at 06:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Elias wasn’t looking forward to tangling with anything that could just tear a construct to pieces. ”They take parts?” Elias says. He swallows nervously. If they were taking different parts each time, they could be using them for other constructs. Elias pulls his raw material from alien realms, but he knows that others are not so fortunate. Still, the thought that someone would actually resort to killing warforged and other constructs for their research is nauseating.

”Have th-these people gone after golmoids too, do you know?”
    Last edited by Steward; 2011-09-29 at 04:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Elias wasn’t looking forward to tangling with anything that could just tear a construct to pieces. ”They take parts?” Elias says. He swallows nervously. If they were taking different parts each time, they could be using them for other constructs. Elias pulls his raw material from alien realms, but he knows that others are not so fortunate. Still, the thought that someone would actually resort to killing warforged and other constructs for their research is nauseating.

”Have th-these people gone after golmoids too, do you know?”
    "Golmoids don't have parts really. They were carved, and then animated. Warforged have distinct parts, so whoever is doing this wants parts."
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you have a list of exactly what went missing from each warforged?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post
    Do you have a list of exactly what went missing from each warforged?
    "Well, four sibreys crystals, which are the brain, two eberron crystals, the heart, and five khyber crystals, the stomach or gut. Various patches of plating, five whole arms, two entire sets of legs, with a pereference leaning toward mithral plating."

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

"Would it be possible for an artificer or... or some other engineer to use the hearts or the brains for another purpose?"

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

"Would it be possible for an artificer or... or some other engineer to use the hearts or the brains for another purpose?"
    "Quite possibly. Great advances have been made in using the components I listed to replace limbs or internal organs, either to substitute for missing ones or to augment a person."

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

"This might be an obvious question, but do you have any leads on who is either buying these parts or who for that matter is requesting them?" Elias asks. He suspects that Durin has his ears close to the ground -- literally and figuratively -- and may know what force of the underworld would be involved in these grisly crimes.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

"This might be an obvious question, but do you have any leads on who is either buying these parts or who for that matter is requesting them?" Elias asks. He suspects that Durin has his ears close to the ground -- literally and figuratively -- and may know what force of the underworld would be involved in these grisly crimes.
    "I have a feeling. I've heard that the Guild King is involved. That one of his men might be arranging the hiring of thugs to obtain these parts. I sadly don't know which man."

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Guild King? Are we supposed to go against a monarch now? "Er... the Guild King? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this person." He casts his gaze at the other faces at the table. Do any of you know who that is?