New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Ishmael Mk II

Ishmael nods.

Not a lot to go with but at least some info there.

"Very well Chief. I will get it done. I guess we talk about the details of the return favor after the did is done? To whom do I return the goods and do we know what he bought?"
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

"Return them to me. I'll get them to the Korps. You can understand that they just don't trust skulks to not kill them on sight. As for what he bought, Squirmy can give you the list."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #123

Ishmael bows a last time and smiles.

"It will be done great boss." he says and turns to leave if he is indeed dismissed.

Once out he asks for said list and also speaks with the other Kobold.

"Even if it was just a disguise I need to know how he looked liked and what names he used. It will help with my investigation to say the least. Also while I am out doing this I need something from you. I need you to get me all info that you can on a lurker for the Jacks. He was from Old town, his name was X and he had been with them for some time. He is no longer alive but I need to play his part so I must know all there is about him. As undisputed masters of Old Town I am sure you can find that out for me..."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

You are dismissed.

The written list is as entails:

Spoiler
    Show
    Belt of Giant Stength +4, 16,000
    Boots of Teleportation, 49,000
    Dagger of Wounding +2, 18,302
    Buckler of Spell Resistance (19), 25,165
    Bracers of Armor +4, 25,000
    Bag of Holding (250 cu ft, 1,500lbs), 10,000
    Hat of Disguse, 1,800
    Cloak of Elvenkind, 2,500

Non-magical:
    Crowbar, 2
    Blanket, 5sp

Total spent: 147,765gp and 5sp

"Bright green and turquoise tunic+hose, pointy mini-boots, thick moustache, glasses. As for Jackie the Lurker, of course. We know all. We'll have it for you when you get back."

Spoiler
    Show
    oh, btw, idea for Kiran: it would be a nifty twist if she ended up negotiating with the Jacks into them hiring her as an internal enforcer in exchange for her getting revenge on the Jacks that looted her.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #125

Spoiler
    Show

Yea but that will bring her very much against an upcomming huge attack against Skulks and Kobolds...

In my mind I wanted to perhaps have her taste some Jack blood of her own and then either bump on Ishmael (if her post rate is slow I may find her when I go to the Scale street place) who recruits her for the big attack?

He takes the list of items and listens at the old disguise the man wore and then heads back to the outside world.

Still rested as he had slept before visiting his Skulk brothers and its probably not even afternoon yet he cleans up and takes a shower, uses his own hat and skills to take an adventurer style disguise and heads for the Temple of Chauntea after purchasing a small inconspicuous symbol of her style in the form of a pin or brooch to indicate belief though not actual following.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-07-15 at 12:21 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Chantea the Giver is often worshiped as a goddess of fertility and life. Her temple has rose vines growing over the entire building.

7. - Top - End - #127

Ishmael walks towards the temple and enters, if the door is open.

He finds a quiet spot and kneels for a few minutes as if praying. During that time he is very focused and pious. When he finishes his prayer he looks around the temple and tries to spot a priest or priestess. Once he does so he approaches them.

"Blessed tidings to you fair one"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

The rather plump matronly priestess in a green robe trimmed with red that he meets says, "Welcome, seeker. What does a disciple of Kelemvor seek from the nurturer?"

9. - Top - End - #129

"Though our core belief is seperate, he the Judge and yours the life giver in the end His Judgement only exists because people are born, live and eventually die. He has no purpose without the continuation of life." he says as an opening statement.

"I come seeking a man. An evil man, a traitor and thief. Thief of goods and thief of life. Goods that belong to others and life that was unborn. He is a passionate lier and he is good at it, he is a passionate killer and also good at it. I have followed him from the country to the city and I have heard he may have contacted your temple as a trick, as an afront and as a challenge, he who has raped and murdered receiving aid from She who gives and nurtures" he says rather seriously.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

"That is quite serious. Can you describe this man?"

11. - Top - End - #131

Ishmael gives the description of the man he was told to find pointing out that perhaps some parts of that might have been a disguise so he also mentions that said man may have made some new purchases recently of a very high value...

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

"There was a boy here who matched your description. He rented a living space from us. Quite the polite young man. I think he went out to buy something not too long ago. Shae, a younger member of our order might know more. She went on an errand with him."

13. - Top - End - #133

"I do not wish to suggest that it was necessarily him but being polite and earning trust are his tools. Would you object if I spoke with Shae? I would be happy if also you would be able to join in that discussion as it would ensure that Shae would speak openly despite not knowing me... By the way, I forgot to say my name, my manners have left me I guess. I am Ishmael but almost all my friends call me Ish." he said solemnly.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

"Very well, Ishmael, I will show you to her." She calls out to the back, and a younger half-elven lass in the red and green walks out. "How can I help you?" she asks.

15. - Top - End - #135

The man bows and looks at the younger woman softly.

"A pleasure to meet you Sister Shae. I am Ishmael" he says and smiles before becoming more serious again.

"I need to ask you some questions about an individual you might have interacted with very recently. I do not want to scare you or alarm you but that man is very devious and may have used all and any means to trick you into doing his bidding. Did you notice anything strange at all about him or did he do anything that made you even the least bit suspicious?" he says carefully.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

"You talking about the young man that teamed up with a half-drow lady and myself, the half-drow betrayed him and set a gang of thieves on his trail, and apparently the young man had stolen a lot of money from them when he did a job for them? What about him?"

17. - Top - End - #137

Ishmael turns to look at the plum priestess as if the words of the younger one illustrate his point better than words.

"I dont know if the half-drow betrayed him but I have to tell you that the man you were with is a notorious thief, cheater and murderer. He is also known to abduct women... er... use them.... and sell them as slaves. Though I cannot be sure and she may have been a common bounty hunter I would not exclude the possibility that his story about her betraying him was bogus and he may have taken care of her and tried to lure you away as well. The thieves may or may not have been an unlucky occurence for him..." he says seriously.

"In any case. I have been tasked by some of the families he harmed with finding him and bringing back so he can face justice or if he resists send him to Kelemvor's justice. It may sound harsh but the man has no scruples and if you had heard some of the stories from mothers of young women he... destroyed your would regret even talking to him... So, Shae, do you know anything that could help me track him down? Did he say what he would do or go to next? Did he leave anything behind?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

"Besides paying this month's rent, he didn't leave anything behind. He talked about going to recruit a burly cleric. You might want to check the temple to Kord.

19. - Top - End - #139

Ishmael inclines his head again.

"Thank you sister Shae and thank you Mother" he says to the girl and to the plump woman.

"I beg of you, should he return then do not reveal any of this to him. He is not the greatest fighter of them all but he has many tricks up his sleeve..." he says with conviction.

"I will tell the families to thank you for pointing me to the right direction." and with this he bows and leaves the temple satisfied.

Once out and a good distance he uses the hat to make his appearance a more brawny one. He then approaches the temple of Kord if he knows where it is or asks a local in the Temple District about it.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

He gets the directions and approach.

It has large granite walls and a wrought iron gate.

21. - Top - End - #141

Ishmael approaches and looks around to see if there is a guard or something to that effect and addresses him if there is.

"Good day sir. May I have a moment of your time?" he says with courage on his voice.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

There is no guard, but just inside you see a pair of young men wrestling.

23. - Top - End - #143

He approaches carefully and waits until they finish not wanting to interrupt them.

Once they are done with their bout he bangs his hand on his chest in a military greeting and addresses them.

"Hail warriors. Strength and honor" he says calmly.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

"Hail to you as well. How can the servants of the Mighty One aid you?"

25. - Top - End - #145

"I am looking for a man. A despicable coward that uses words, women and anyone and anything in his way to go ahead... he travels around cheating temples and individuals and leaving with valuables and pride. He changes disguises so he is hard to follow and the last name he uses is not used again." he says and gives them the last desrciption, focusing on body traits, he had.

"I am coming from the Temple of Chauntea where he last was and where he got a young priestess in danger and has caused the dissappearance of another..."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

"Would this be a fop who's overly polite and walking around with a ton of magical gear?"

27. - Top - End - #147

Ishmael perks up.

"I guess so. I was told he has recently stolen a huge amount of money and spent it quickly to improve his own personal belongings and avoid being punished if caught with it. The families he robbed have asked me to retrieve any and all gear so that they may at least regain some value and punish him..." he says truthfully.

"Could you tell me where I can find him? I do not want to cause any problems to you and I just seek information if you have it..."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

"He's sleeping in our guest room."

29. - Top - End - #149

Ishmael smiles but is careful lest these men decide to take things in their hands.

"I do not wish to cause any issues for you and I know that among the goods he stole include boots that will allow him to teleport away from a location in the blink of an eye if he is not neutralised in a second. So though courage and power could be used here its trickery that will defeat this weasel. I do not want to involve you in this as the arrest I plan to make is not by the book. You have already helped more than I expected. Would you allow me to prowl outside until he wakes up and then follow him till he reaches an area where no innocents may be harmed."

30. - Top - End - #150

Spoiler
    Show

Nudge cause the above may not show. I got service message when posting.