New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Ishmael Mk II

"Think you could take him out before he wakes up? We care more about what's just than what's legal."

Spoiler
    Show
    CG deity. CG temple.

also, good nudge. Couldn't see the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yea, I came to see if you had responded and I also couldnt see it until I clicked reply...

Forum glitches more often lately or is it me?

Also... OOC I know Kord is CG... IC I have 0 on knowledge religion...

"Very well. If I have your blessing I will do my best to catch him and avenge his victims... Once again I thank you brothers. I was dreading that people would not understand. I guess the Gods have shown me small mercies today as all the Temple's I visited to seek him out were more cooperative than I could have hoped." he says rather pleased and hopeful as he bangs his fist on his chest and inclines his head.

If he is shown the room he approaches walking softly and looking around for any weird or peculiar movement.

Spoiler
    Show

Taking 10 on move silently for 33.

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

He is shown the room and no unusual movement is detected. The man is in the same disguise as described earlier.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #154

Spoiler
    Show

I assume there is a door or anything to that effect or am I wrong?

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

There is a simple wooden door.

6. - Top - End - #156

Ishmael considers that he might be heard if he opens it and decides to utilise the amazing capabilities of his new cloak.

He peers through the keylock and -observes- his target for 3 rounds. He looks at how he breathes and how his chest rises as well as they layout of the room.

When the 3 rounds pass he uses the shadow cloak and teleports inside, draws the chain as a free action (the new crystal), and delivers a death attack.

Spoiler
    Show

Is he human? If yes then add another 2 to the attack and damage due to human bane.

Attack roll vs sleeping (counts as helpless?): (1d20+11)[19] - crit confirm (1d20+11)[25]
    if it hits, DC 14 save or die.
    If he doesnt die
    (2d4+7)[13] if crit (2d4+7)[14]

sneak (4d6)[15]
    bane (if applicable) (2d6)[11]

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-07-16 at 08:45 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

He doesn't die, but then he dies.

8. - Top - End - #158

Ishmael looks around the room for a moment to see if the man has any of the gear he has stolen placed around or if he is actually carrying everything on himself.

When satisfied that the items are all there he puts on the mans boots and teleports just outside the area of the Old Town sewers with the whole body.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-07-16 at 09:02 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

All of the gear he bought is either on his person or in a chest next to his bed.

Spoiler
    Show
    remember, you must give them ALL his gear, not just what was bought with their money.

10. - Top - End - #160

Spoiler
    Show

Yep. I am back to my lawful self, I am doing as I have been told :)

Ishmael takes the gear in the room and the geat in the chest and even the bedsheets that are covered in blood and only then grabs the body to have it as evidence before using the boots to take him to the place his is thinking in his mind.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

As Fate is unable to read Ishmael's mind, he end up where he is thinking, but that place is currently indescribable.

12. - Top - End - #162

Fate would do well to scroll up and see the exact location which has already been described.

The area where the city sewers meet the passages of the Old Town sewers were hours before he had passed when looking for the Kobolds...

Once there Ishmael drops his disguise and carries the body, his new belt making it easy for him, and the possessions towards where he last had seen Kobolds.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

He finds them there once more. "You killed him already?"

Spoiler
    Show
    225 xp for that kill.

500 story award.

14. - Top - End - #164

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you kindly!

He looks at the kobolds and nods not showing any emotion.

"Here is the body, the gear he stole and the gear he had with him... I also made sure both temples he visited consider him a vile criminal so they most likely wont search for him" he says as he gives them everything.

"I expect you have the information I asked for?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Jackie is a porter for an obscure guild of porters in the city. By day. At night, he's a lurker for the Jacks. His primary contact is with Nick the Nail, who gives him his usual assignments. However, often when he's lurking for articularly dangerous missions, he'll report directly to the Dayman so as to ensure the Jacks know the account firsthand, not trusting the Nails with the big plans.

He moved to the city from the Empire of Seven Dragons almost a decade ago. It is no secret among those that know him that he hates his life as a porter and wishes to advance among the ranks of the Jacks to the point where he no longer has to work as a porter.

16. - Top - End - #166

He asks if they know any more personal details or habits. He has already picked up some mannerisms but he would not mind knowing more.

He also inquires about any info about the man having a sister or other brothers and sisters.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    they tell you some, but the only new one is that he blinks a lot when he lies.

He came to the city by himself. If he has family, they are most likely back in the Empire of Seven Dragons.

18. - Top - End - #168

Ishmael thanks the Kobolds for their information and then his tone becomes more serious.

"Very well that is helpful so far... now to tell you why this is needed... as part of the scheme to attack the Jacks we have had an idea for a small infiltration mission. Pausing as Jackie I have acquired an item he had been asked to gain as a way to end up being accepted as a full member..."he says and smiles.

"But, I am not 100% sure if the Dayman has seen through my lies or not... it is for this reason, and with the blessing of the Shadow Spider that I ask you for some backup... I dont expect you to fight for me but rather to be lurking nearby and if you hear me call out a signal create a short distraction so I can escape... hopefully it wont be needed but I just want to have a backup plan... and since keeping this magnificent teleportation boots is probably out of the question even for a short while I need your help..."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

"Need to talk to Big Boss, then."

20. - Top - End - #170

Ishmael nods and follows the Kobolds once again heading for their leader.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

You arrive. "Good job. The Korps cooperation is now ensured."

22. - Top - End - #172

Ishmael bows and is suprised to see the creature not eating again.

"My pleasure Big Boss. I hope this shows you that the Skulks mean business and are glad to have you and your tribe as an ally in this endeavour. This was done in the Skulk way, silent and swift and leaving no traces..."he says rather proud of his work and his being a Skulk.

"But now I ask your assistance in taking a step even further. I have information on a Jack hideout... maybe even the Dayman will be there. But the current plan is to pretend to be Jackie and deliver something that was asked from him to become a full member. Then I can already be inside when the attack happens and cause mayhem and more death among them..." he paused to see if he still had the attention of the big Kobold.

"What I need from you is a backup plan if they see through my rouse and my plan. I need a distraction so I can escape immidiatetly rather than end up skewered by the Dayman and his thugs. A small hit and run without risking their lives is all it will take for me to at least try and escape..."

"All this will most likely take place two nights from now..." he said finishing his pitch.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

"How many sacrificial minions will it take?"

24. - Top - End - #174

"I actually hope none!" he says seriously.

"The idea is to launch an attack that breaks down the entrance door, throw in a few smoke bombs, scent breakers and thunderstones to give them a real scare so that I can run out... I dont expect myself or your people to fight if I am discovered, better keep them alive for when the real attack will happen..." he continues.

"I guess 3-4 kobolds that are fast on their feet and agile enough to do that or even set some traps in case we are followed should be enough... avoiding confrontation is key here... though as I said, I hope I can do this without actually endangering them..."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

"Better send you six then."

26. - Top - End - #176

Ishmael is starting to take a dislike on this calous calculation of one's clansmen as done by the Big Boss but he says nothing.

"Very well. I shall return to the sewers at the entrance of your Domain in two nights great one... Until then I bid you farewell" he says and bows his head down low before leaving.

Spoiler
    Show

I found the actual name of the guy I will be pretending to be by the way :) It was Herco... but we can go with Jackie, its simpler... :)

He returns to Skulk controlled territories to report his success and alert the Shadow Spider of what he should expect.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    we'll use Herco.

"You are most... deviously cunning. Be careful that your cunning never leads you to believe that you can betray me to your profit." He says.

28. - Top - End - #178

"I loyal to the clan and to the Clan's leader great Shadow Spider. I hope that one day I will be able to claim I have done half as much as you. I do not plan to betray you nor for profit nor for any other reason" he said almost heart the powerful skulk viewed him as a rival.

Though he had not considered it at first in the long term he would not mind at all being a leading figure among the Skulks just as long as their perception changed so that their hatred and anger at Humans could be made a weapon and a tool and not an all consuming passion that would threaten them.

"But I thank you for your compliments anyway..." he said before inclining his head and moving out unless the older skulk needed something else done.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

"I see you still remember the way our people complement one another. This is good. Go forth and do. If you need the clan's assistance, let my nephew know."

30. - Top - End - #180

Ishmael departs pleased at the trust he receives from his Chief.

He returns to the surface but before doing so he burns the bed sheet that had his last targets blood still on it. He uses his hat of disguise and his mundane disguise kit and then goes up.

He spends an hour or so purchasing basic ingredients for his poisons and then he heads to his own place after switching appearances a few times and after doing his usually unusual return of hiding, jumping behind buildings and trying to evade anyone that might be following him.

Once there he eats a hearty meal and rests fully in his own private closet.

When he wakes up he gets to work.

Spoiler
    Show

Okay so first time I am trying this crafting business so correct me if I am wrong...

a) Cost = 1/5th of the market price for poisons that do not have complex materials (like no dragon bile, wyvern poison etc)
    b) DC to craft = from what I see there is no standard rule. In Arms and Equipment guide (that has many poisons) it seems that DC depends on value... so things that are below 1000gold market price have DC 15 while things after that have 20-25-30... alternatively I read that they say DC = Save DC for poisons below 500gp and then DC +4 for every 500gold above that...
    c) We said that with a +5 on the DC I can create a poison with +2 save modifier
    d) Time wise since we are using gold rather than silver simple poisons should generate 2-3 doses within the same day.

So for example I plan to make 2 doses of Drow Poison and 2 of Fish glue (guide to drow book).

Drow poison is 75 gold a pop so cost of materials is 15 per dose
    Fish Glue poison is 100 gold a pop so cost of materials is 20 per dose.

Making 2 of each means I need to reach a value of 70gp?
    DC would be 15 if I want normal ones or 20 if I want improved ones?

So here goes a check for them...

(1d20+9)[15]