New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIV: Boots on Hooves / Bikinis on Top

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    New ponytar!
    Decided I didn't like the pegasus. More impressive to be super sneaky when you can't fly. Also wanted him younger so he'd be cuter. Still have to figure out a name for him though.

And Canada's obviously populated by mooses. They're the closest to ponies we can get up here.
    I still like the idea of French Canadian pony lumberjacks.

Maybe they're a disliked minority in Pony-Quebec?
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    You... you guys got rid of McPizza?

But I loved McPizza when I visited...

... now I am sad.
    Well, here, according to Wikipedia: "Pizza is still sold at three McDonald's locations in Orlando, Florida; Spencer, West Virginia; and New Haven, Connecticut."

Just head to one of those three towns!

And Canada's obviously populated by mooses. They're the closest to ponies we can get up here.
    Well, not just mooses, but deer in general. We're absolutely swimming with various types of deer up here.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

I still like the idea of French Canadian pony lumberjacks.

Maybe they're a disliked minority in Pony-Quebec?
    Oh, the mooses are lumberjacks. I thought it was a given that whatever we chose for Canadians were lumberjacks.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Well, here, according to Wikipedia: "Pizza is still sold at three McDonald's locations in Orlando, Florida; Spencer, West Virginia; and New Haven, Connecticut."

Just head to one of those three towns!

Well, not just mooses, but deer in general. We're absolutely swimming with various types of deer up here.
    I liked SiuiS' idea that deer are elusive like elves.

Moose seem more gregarious, though. Not for any sort of natural reasons. They just look so goofy that I can't help but imagine them as friendly, goofy, Canada/Minnesota stereotypes, now that I think of it.

"We make a mean hotdish!"
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I like the deer as elves more too. Besides, look at how few people live in Canada compared to how much space we have. Sure we've got tons of deer, but that doesn't quite hit the raw living in nature thing that a handful of mooses would accomplish.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I like the deer as elves more too. Besides, look at how few people live in Canada compared to how much space we have. Sure we've got tons of deer, but that doesn't quite hit the raw living in nature thing that a handful of mooses would accomplish.
    I am now picturing the ponies being shown around Moosetown Braeburn style.

"Mooseville's got all the amenities, don'tcha know. We've got a post office AND a diner!"

"... and?"

"And what, eh?"

7. - Top - End - #667

I am now picturing the ponies being shown around Moosetown Braeburn style.

"Mooseville's got all the amenities, don'tcha know. We've got a post office AND a diner!"

"... and?"

"And what, eh?"
    Heh-heh. While I live in Southern Ontario, I've been up to the northern parts of Ontario plenty of times because I'm a camper, and, yes, there are plenty of towns that basically consist of:

a) a general store (which includes post office, liquor store, grocery store and general amenities)
    b) a diner (Sometimes attached to said general store)

and sometimes c) a Canadian Tire.

So, yes, that's not honestly that far from the truth.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

Dere's no Pony-da, like freench Pony-da...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

Heh-heh. While I live in Southern Ontario, I've been up to the northern parts of Ontario plenty of times because I'm a camper, and, yes, there are plenty of towns that basically consist of:

a) a general store (which includes post office, liquor store, grocery store and general amenities)
    b) a diner (Sometimes attached to said general store)

and sometimes c) a Canadian Tire.

So, yes, that's not honestly that far from the truth.
    I've been to towns (more accurately passed through them) like that in Idaho and Montana, so I assumed Canada wouldn't be an exception.

Note that I have many Canadian friends.

Which doesn't stop me from good natured ribbing.

I also admire your Alberta dinosaur museum, which I've been to before.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-10 at 04:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #670

Just as long as you don't spread that rumor of McPizza existing up here ever again!!

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't see why these concepts need to be exclusive.

"Ah, ze world is changed. Ah feel it in ze water. Ah feel it in ze earth. Ah smell it in ze air, eh."

(I hope that's recognizable as Canadian English, English variants are hard for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

We're from Canada. We're morally obligated to enjoy all good-natured ribbing at our expense, then to join in.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    I don't see why these concepts need to be exclusive.

"Ah, ze world is changed. Ah feel it in ze water. Ah feel it in ze earth. Ah smell it in ze air, eh."

(I hope that's recognizable as Canadian English, English variants are hard for me.
    heheheheheheheheheheh

"Pieere, ze time of deer has passed. We must go on a journey to ze Bright Lands."

"Oui, Jean-Claude. First, let me go check ze traps. We shall need many beaver pelts for ze journey."

And now I wonder what kind of plot would see the ponies go up north to meet the French Canadian deer and Minnesotan-Canadian moose.

Also

Trapping beavers for their pelts is naughty and you shouldn't do it!

"Bah! We are elves! Zat means we are just plain better!"

"Oui, we are above your pathetic ideas of right and wrong."

"Jean-Claude! Zis reminds me, is it not baby seal clubbing time?"

"How could I forget? Thank you for reminding us of our sacred Deernadian duty, pushy yellow pony!"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-10 at 05:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, the mooses are lumberjacks. I thought it was a given that whatever we chose for Canadians were lumberjacks.
    It'd need Mounties and Hockey Players too.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    It'd need Mounties and Hockey Players too.
    Those could be the ponies.

After all, Royal Mounted Police, Celestia...

though given that they ARE ponies and thus don't need mounts, it might refer to them being good at getting around mountain terrain (which is what I assumed when I was 6 or so).

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ettin in the Playground

heheheheheheheheheheh

"Pieere, ze time of deer has passed. We must go on a journey to ze Bright Lands."

"Oui, Jean-Claude. First, let me go check ze traps. We shall need many beaver pelts for ze journey."

And now I wonder what kind of plot would see the ponies go up north to meet the French Canadian deer and Minnesotan-Canadian moose.

Also

"How could I forget? Thank you for reminding us of our sacred Deernadian duty, pushy yellow pony!"

"You put that baby seal down now mister! I mean it!"

17. - Top - End - #677
    Troll in the Playground

Beavers are mounties, they ride on the lumberjack moose of course.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

Beavers are mounties, they ride on the lumberjack moose of course.
    Hm. The trouble is, all the other rodents we've seen can't talk like the ponies. It's like for speech, you have to be an ungulate. Or a dragon, but dragons almost always speak in fantasy anyway.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-10 at 05:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Firbolg in the Playground

Equestria doesn't need anything from Coltada or whatever you want to call it. They can put soy gravy on their fries all they want. The whole nation can get their maple syrup from upstate around Manehatten.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #680
    Banned

havin some trouble with my GUI, so I'm gonna post to clear what multiquotes I've got then follow the commodore's advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Overtly ambitious project: Complete! Have some fanart, pony thread.

Spoiler
    Show
    It took me a spell to figure out why Twilight was about to cage Phoe, and why Bobcat would care. Then I facehoof'd.

Diggin' the nolongerMetalMask color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    HellO TherE, BronieS! *TrolL IntrobuluS HerE, BringinG YoU SomethinG...Speci4L~! *=3333

Spoiler
    Show

Horsefeathers. I forgot what clever thing I was going to say. I'll have to edit that in.
    it looks like Dominic and Luna ponies, pre-everyone hates them. Neat.

Hey there pony thread, how's it...
    *Looks at page count*
    And that's what I get for being occupied with something other than ponies for the last two days.

In unrelated news, I went to a Magic: The Gathering prerelease last night. *My deck had a pair of this guy in it:

Spoiler
    Show

I was deeply saddened that my erasable marker had recently dried up because I had an overwhelming urge to draw Pinkie Pie over the card. *But that's fine, I'll fix that for next week.
    That's awesome. Though it looks more like a Rarity to me.
    I always wondered about that. Using proxies, I mean. If I were to create an entire deck of 'custom' cards that were real cards, except with my own name changes, images and flavor text, AND had the actual deck with me to prove it was legit; could I play I in a tournament?

No rigging the deck, no marking the cards, keeping everything internally consistent (so anything that affects goblins would instead affect Diamond dogs, and enemy cards that affect goblins would still work on diamond dogs). Perfectly ordinary deck, except I made it sillier.

Too bad DBZ as a card game ended before I could really find out.

I just started sketching out the 'relationship chart' on paper so I can start getting an idea on what it's going to look like. Uh....it's kinda...going to be massive. And quite interconnected.

Does anyone know a good freeware chartmaking program? That might make my job a lot easier here...
    You're gonna need to hit the three dee, mate. I suggest either pipe cleaner or making one of those fancy star trek chess sets.

I missed this earlier, apparently I have an Evil doppelganger now.
    Aye, I was too lazy to go back in and add the space. I did notice though. Sorry mate.

Must...resist...posting...more...plot....

ah, whatever:

Spoiler
    Show

The classic.

I am surprised that's all you could find. I get the feeling your heart wasn't in it though.

New ponytar!
    Decided I didn't like the pegasus. *More impressive to be super sneaky when you can't fly. *Also wanted him younger so he'd be cuter. *Still have to figure out a name for him though.

And Canada's obviously populated by mooses. *They're the closest to ponies we can get up here.
    Sweet avatar. The sneaking is very well emphasized, and so cute~ (\^3^/) !

-

COURT'SHIP OF LUNA
    Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The jauntily-hatted little droid turned to watch as the odd blue Amish pony leaped overboard. A moment's processing suggested that although his decision might lighten the load still further, it was probably unwise to sacrifice capable crew members so nonchalantly. His mind made up, the droid grabbed the free end of the rope the Amish pony had leapt overboard with and held on like grim death.

"Cap'n SiuiS, methinks our rigger took your suggestion about lightening the load a mite too seriously!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    SiuiS watched the 'pirate soar slowly out into the nebulous dream.

"Aye. That he did. FABIONY! take the wheels, we need to reel in our rigger!"
    The sails, now a pair of praying mantises, began having a slap fight above the deck and crew.
    "And somepony locate th' source o' that Silly! In these doses it's term'nal!"

Leaping from his post to the deck below (and landing on a ... Rubber chicken? Really?), SiuiS slides to a stop next to the Droid, digs in his hooves and begins saturating the rope with telekinetic potential. Solidifying his grip, he and Druid Droid begin to reel in the Amish Pirate like a tuna or kipper or other similar sea animal.

Behind the now retreating-from-his-goal pirate, cupcakes meet cloud of Thanqolizers, and both are evaporated in the ensuing explosion.

"Ach! Cupcakes?! This close to the Nightmares, and th' bloke's firin' cupcakes?! There's nae a thing I've yet te see what's incorruptible, in these waters..."

-

Behind closed doors, in the Captain's Cabin, there is a crash as the ship jostled back and forth in the Nightmare's current.

Oh, I've spilled my tea. Would you be a dear and poor me some more, Midnight? And we should probably untie your friend, she can't have any tea hanging like that!

Luna's tophat begins to wobble and her monocle rings like a crystal glass as she half-heartfelt begins working at the ropes with her magic.

Methinks I'll have to pass Luna off to someone who can give her a... What do you call those things? Ah! Personality.

Esper? Phoe? Either o' ye up fer it?

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Equestria doesn't need anything from Coltada or whatever you want to call it. They can put soy gravy on their fries all they want. The whole nation can get their maple syrup from upstate around Manehatten.
    But Coltada provides valuable minerals, lumber and sea products. Plus, ponies gonna pwn (by which I mean they're going to explore and found new towns).

Also, someone needs to make a macro of "Ponies Gonna Pwn," in the style of haters gonna hate.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-10 at 05:14 PM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

*manacles keeping Amish to his keyboard finally fall off*

I'm daring to think that I maybe might possibly kind of be done with The New Moon Wanes, barring the inevitable final edits. If you could find the time to give it a look/give opinions, I'd really appreciate it. Chapters, and a last question or two are below:

The New Moon Wanes:
    Chapter 1: Day 3
    Chapter 2: Day 95
    Chapter 3: Day 365

For the prereaders, once you're done:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was going to expand on the "sisters-only teatime" scene in Chapter 1 to establish:
    1) The relationship between Celestia and Luna
    2) That Celestia adores the Summer Sun Celebration

However, I couldn't get this scene to work properly without making it feel like it was obviously inserted in later. Instead, I added a bit more description to the 2nd paragraph of Chapter 3, and I'm crossing my fingers that their initial relationship is clear enough. Is this enough to establish Celestia's love of the Celebration and their relationship, or do I need that scene in Chapter 1?

On a minor note, what do you think of the title? I am pretty horrible with naming things, so I have no idea if it's any good or not.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. The trouble is, all the other rodents we've seen can't talk like the ponies. It's like for speech, you have to be an ungulate. Or a dragon, but dragons almost always speak in fantasy anyway.
    Or a Diamond Dog. But not a regular dog.
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post
    Or a Diamond Dog. But not a regular dog.
    How could I forget the diamond dogs? I love those guys.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

heheheheheheheheheheh

Also

I lol'd so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

"You put that baby seal down now mister! I mean it!"
    I don't think The Stare works on the French Canadians. They're kinda crazy.

But Coltada provides valuable minerals, lumber and sea products. Plus, ponies gonna pwn (by which I mean they're going to explore and found new towns).

Also, someone needs to make a macro of "Ponies Gonna Pwn," in the style of haters gonna hate.
    And real maple syrup! Go to Manehattan all you want, you'll never get real maple syrup. Or good bagels.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

That's awesome. Though it looks more like a Rarity to me.
    I always wondered about that. Using proxies, I mean. If I were to create an entire deck of 'custom' cards that were real cards, except with my own name changes, images and flavor text, AND had the actual deck with me to prove it was legit; could I play I in a tournament?

No rigging the deck, no marking the cards, keeping everything internally consistent (so anything that affects goblins would instead affect Diamond dogs, and enemy cards that affect goblins would still work on diamond dogs). Perfectly ordinary deck, except I made it sillier.

Too bad DBZ as a card game ended before I could really find out.
    I wanted Pinkie Pie because Pinkie Pie's my favourite. That and getting beaten down by a little pink pony is hilarious.

As for proxies, for me I use some of those fancy erasable permanent markers and draw on the sleeves. (I'm moderately obsessive about keeping my cards in good shape, yes even the worthless ones) When I'm bored waiting for someone to finish their turn in a multiplayer game everything I have on the field tends to end up with top hats and monocles. Or smiley faces. You should see my sliver deck, they're very happy slivers. ^_^

I'm not sure what the policy for altered cards in tournaments is though. You definitely can't proxy, but alternate art cards might be allowed. Not sure if you're allowed to screw with the text on the card though, but then again lots of people use cards that were printed in different languages. You should probably ask your local gaming shop for details before trying.
    Last edited by Kyouhen; 2011-07-10 at 05:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

There are also the griffins.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I am surprised that's all you could find. I get the feeling your heart wasn't in it though.
    I disappointed my readership.
    But yeah, it was just a quick post for a quick joke. I could have searched for some more, but there are few with that theme which don't cross the boundaries of the forum rules, and more importantly, some who read the thread might be sensitive to it. For some reason today I care about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

There are also the griffins.

I disappointed my readership.
    But yeah, it was just a quick post for a quick joke. I could have searched for some more, but there are few with that theme which don't cross the boundaries of the forum rules, and more importantly, some who read the thread might be sensitive to it. For some reason today I care about that.
    Okay then, any sort of ungulate or fantastic beastie. But rodents, birds, dogs, cats, invertebrates, ferrets and even fantastic birds seem to be beneath the speech barrier.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground

This is so mesmerising.

Shake that plot babeh. (Actually she doesn't but looking for an excuse to use this anyway.)

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    This is so mesmerising.

Shake that plot babeh. (Actually she doesn't but looking for an excuse to use this anyway.)
    She whips her mane back and forth

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

Okay then, any sort of ungulate or fantastic beastie. But rodents, birds, dogs, cats, invertebrates, ferrets and even fantastic birds seem to be beneath the speech barrier.
    Bears can (supposedly) speak.

Spoiler
    Show