New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temperance Teahouse

Garden

Ariel breathes in the scent of her jasmine tea with relish, smiling slightly. She looks up at the tree, giving a genuine smile for the moment, not very surprised at the tree speaking. "And a pleasure to meet you too." She says before attempting to take a sip of her drink.

She spits it out in surprise at the mention of the name before looking at Sakura in excitement. "You know mother!?!?"

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

Sakura drops her own tea at the outburst, as well as the specifics of the said outburst. "Ouch, owowow!" Thankfully the tea wasn't overly hot, but still. Her poor tummy. =c

After she recovers, she looks looks at Ariel with more confusion than she's ever felt. "Mother? What? No, she can't be your mother. That's impossible."

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

Ariel rolls her eyes. "Don't be silly. Of course its possible she's my mother." She says in complete confidence, probably sounding just like her. She sees where Sakura spilled her tea and offers her the jasmine tea she just sipped from. "Here, take this one instead." She says, nudging her book The Hestopian Histories of Forbidden Necromancy from her lap as she does so.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

Sakura takes the tea, still too distracted to think to thank her. "No, it makes no sense. I mean, she's pregnant right now and she's never had kids before. The ages are way off too and her husband looks nothing like you." Sakura shakes her head. It just makes no sense on many levels.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

"Pfft, not this Cessie of course. I came fro-"
    She pauses and looks at Sakura oddly. "Wait? Husband?"

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

"Yeah, husband. His name's Harnel." What did she mean not this Cessie? Confusion. Confusion that isn't helped when Sakura looks down at the book. Well she knows about Hestopia at least. Maybe Cessie has some relative named Cessie as well?

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

Ariel can't help but blink a bit, confused by this development as well. "Really? What's he like? Smart, right? Dashing too I bet."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

"Yeah, he's pretty cute. He's a half dragon." As Sakura told Cessie way back when. Though she has eyes only for Adir. *nodnod* "He's a great guy for sure, and he's... pretty smart." She refrains from mentioning that he could learn to use his head more often. >.>

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

Ariel looks at Sakura, hearing the pause before the end of the comments and raises a shapely eyebrow. "I don't want to know too much more, do I?"

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

"What? No, he really is a great guy. Cessie is lucky she found him." Sure he could think a little more, but Sakura really does believe they are good together.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

Ariel sits back, thoughtful of what's been said. Here, Mother was married, to a man as well. And to someone that it whose intelligence seems to be in some doubt. "Maybe." She says neutrally. "How do you know Mother Cessie?" She asks after a moment of thought.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

"She's my best friend." Sakura says, brightening a bit. She sips at the tea that she'd almost forgotten. "We met when I first came to the Nexus... Oh wow. It's almost been a year now."

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

Ariel reaches into a small spot in her corset to pull out a small notebook and pen, writing down what Sakura said. "Anyone else that my Mother here would know?" She asks in curiosity, hoping her other parent was among them.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

Sakura furrows her eyebrows at 'my Mother here', but doesn't comment. She's still not sure what to make of this. "Uh, there's my fiance Adir, Wenomir, KR, Jeramy, um..." She lest the first few names she can think of, and likely a few more after that. The name Ariel is looking for won't be among them, however.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

It's obvious a few thoughts click in her head after a bit, especially one of the names. "Oh, I've heard of a few of you I think. Watchtower, right? Are you needed just as much here as in my home?" She asks, the tip of her tail twitching slightly in curiosity.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

Sakura still finds it all together too weird. In her home? Another Watchtower? Best not to think about it. The dryad shrugs. "Well, I don't know what it's like at your home, but there isn't too much for Watch to do. There isn't a big threat every week or something." She sure is glad of that. For the obvious reasons as well as that it keeps Adir safer.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

Ariel gives a nod. "That's just about how it is in my timeline." Ariel admits, writing down a few lines. She pauses and chews on the end of her pen a bit, looking upwards slightly and into the distance. "Hmmm...this one is in the past somewhat..." She mumbles to herself before writing down some equations.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

Sakura drums her fingers on the table and looks at Ariel with a somewhat agitated expression. "I remember Cessie saying once that she liked Ariel for a baby name." Sakura isn't exactly convinced, but the evidence is staking up against her.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

Ariel sighs and puts her little notepad and pen away. "Alright then. Ask me a question only Cessie would likely know. Something personal from her life." She says, looking at Sakura. The first person is always a skeptic...

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

Hey, this is the first time she's encountered alternate timeline stuff. Cut her some slack.

Questoin, question, question. Got to think of a question. Sakura thinks for a moment before asking. "Okay, then who's Cessie's favorite sibling?" Seems like something her daughter would pick up on without it being obvious to too many other people.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

"Arik. Her brother."
    Ariel says. "He's also the one who gave me the tome." She says, holding it up as proof.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

Well, that gives Sakura pause. Part of her was expecting Ariel to be able to answer, but the part of her that wanted to be less confused was hoping she wouldn't. "Well... This still doesn't really make a lot of sense to me to be honest." Sakura says. "So, ah, who's your dad then?"

((And since I'm willing to bet SC is following this. *pokes him to Mallside*))

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

"I don't have a father."
    Ariel says before explaining. "I have two mothers. Cessie and Jez. It's a long story." She says, meaning she'd rather not explain right at the moment. "But she's just as pretty, smart, and nice as Mother Cessie." She says with a smile as she remembers.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

"What? How?" Sakura knows perfectly well that's not how it works. Despite not being born that way, and thus not having a parent to explain it, she did manage to get the talk at some point. Combine that with being pregnant now, and she knows exactly where babies come from. It's not two women.

It's safe to say that she looks utterly baffled and confused now. Can't really blame her. "Uh, never mind, I guess..."

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden
    Ariel sighs. "It's complicated. Simply put, each one gave up a tiny part of their soul to make mine, and I was grown inside one of them." She explains.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

Nope, that totally didn't alleviate Sakura's confusion one bit. That's not how babies work! Sakura just shrugs. "Well, alright." One of those things that is better left not thought about too much.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

"So Mother is in Watchtower then? Think you could eventually show me? I haven't been there before."
    Ariel asks. "I'd like to meet her even if she's technically not my mother."

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

"I guess I could... I'm not sure how she'd react though." Sakura figures it'd somewhere along the lines of 'O.o'.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

"It's okay." Ariel says with a smile. "I'm sure we'll get along just fine."

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

"Maybe. Don't call her mother though. That probably wouldn't help the shock any." Sakura recommends. SHe's trying to soften this blow for Cessie in any way she can.