New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temperance Teahouse

Garden

"Okay. I'm ready to head out whenever you are."
    Ariel says with an excited smile.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

[Garden]

"Alright." Sakura drains the last of the tea from her cup and sets it aside. "Let's go." She says with a far more nervous smile. And off to Watch.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Garden

Ariel follows Sakura, humming merrily along as she goes.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

In the garden, quite near the shrine, is Grace. She seems rather out of place, her suit clashing with the more eastern style of the teahouse, though she has discarded her tie and jacket. The two pieces of clothing are folded neatly beside her as she sits with her back against the wall, positioned with the shrine and its mural to the right, and the path back through the garden and to the teahouse to her left. An empty bottle and glass are beside her, carefully set on a tray where it won't be knocked over.

The eudai, unusually, seems to have gone out of the way of crowds and other people, taking some time to think alone, though it doesn't seem like much comfort to her.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

Dorota, or rather her plotclone that's not on a plot beset with incompatibile timezones and sprinkled with homoerotic undertones, is sitting there as well, drinking green tea and reading a book. She gives Grace a little wave when she sees her.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

The stars above are bright, the moon hanging like a perfect jewel in the center of numerous smaller stones, each shining and glimmering with the potent and mystical power of the heavens above. The mysterious veil of the night is all around them, enhancing the beauty of each burning gem as it holds in the firmament above, separated from the waters by divine decree aeons ago.

"Grace?" The soft voice of Takara might surprise Grace, coming from the direction of the shrine, where Takara has just emerged from.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

Grace nods to Dorota, but does not greet her further, or speak up. Instead, she closes her eyes and leans back... then Takara speaks to her.

"Yes?" Grace reopens her eyes and looks up at Takara. Her tone and attention are polite enough, but there isn't much energy or enthusiasm to her.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

Takara stays at a respectable speaking distance, her expression one of mild concern. "Forgive me intrusiveness, but you look much as you did when we first met. Are you alright?"

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

Grace considers how to respond, looking away from Takara and back into the garden. "Aurora failed. The Nexus council doesn't seem to do anything. Riftline largely goes unused. The mall looks to be a success, but largely all it does is bring in money, which isn't really what I'm supposed to be going for..."

The eudai sighs. "Due my excessive leave and my failed projects, Celestial Dynamics is letting me go. They've left me a little due to my past work, but I'm on my own now."

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

Takara tries to put a comforting hand on Grace's shoulder. "You have done your best. No one can ask for more."

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

"I don't know if I can find comfort in that." Grace replies quietly. "Because it means my best wasn't enough." She reaches to her shoulder to place a hand on top of Takara's, and speaks more clearly. "Were you having tea in the shrine?"

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

"Yes, I was." Takara glances briefly back the direction she came, then looks back to Grace. Her hand rubs Grace's shoulder softly underneath the hand she placed upon it.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

"I was trying to find somewhere to be alone." Grace explains hesitantly. "But I guess this does seem like somewhere you'd be." And Dorota too, come to think of it.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

Which makes it even funnier that Neon was basically unaware of this place's existence.

Takara takes a step back. "I did not mean to impose. If you would like, I can leave you to your peace."

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

Grace closes her hand over Takara's, and will gently stop her if allowed. "No, I don't think I mind. I don't know if I'll be very good company though." She manages an apologetic smile.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

Takara smiles in return and goes over to lean against the wall next to Grace. "I have suffered of the presence of far worse company. I believe I will survive."

"Grace, when you came to the Nexus, what did you want to do here?"

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

"Um..." Grace thinks back to her arrival at Nexus... and how she got drunk and ranted about her situation, making a complete fool and mess of herself. "Well, uh, I didn't exactly have a clear goal in mind when I arrived." She admits, glossing over that very embarrassing debut. "My departure from Celestial Dynamics wasn't exactly planned. But after I gathered myself together, I guess I just wanted to make a positive impact. To help people, make a name for myself. Do something meaningful that could help the company too."

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

Takara nods. "I see. That is not an unusual sentiment. Many come to the Nexus for reasons like that. And even though you have suffered a setback, you can still pursue that. But, even if you had been successful in all your endeavors thus far, Grace, do you think the work would be done?"

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

"Takara." Grace smiles a little reassuringly. "I know the logic. I know it's never done, but it's worth it. I'm disappointed by my failures, but I've had a long time to learn how to deal with that.
    "It's the loss of my job that hurts. Because it wasn't just a job- it was an ideal, and a life. They took me in after I rebelled against my creators, they helped me move forward. Everyone I knew, all I did- it all started from being there. But now, it's gone."

"I can pick myself up, and I can get going again- but that doesn't make this any less painful."

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

Takara laughs softly. "You have little need of a philosopher, then. Which is fortunate; I make a poor philosopher." Takara looks down towards the floor. "And unfortunately, I do not know much about speeding the mending of a heart. Torn emotions respond to little but time."

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

"You care. That's enough." Grace replies. "More than I would expect from someone I've only met a few times before."

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

"I do care, Grace. You're a remarkable person with what seems like remarkably few friends. It's a shame and a mystery to me that you aren't surrounded by cohorts and followers." Takara shrugs. "Though, I have also wondered why you tolerate this care. It is a strange thing to come from a relative stranger."

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

"It's nice to have someone care about me, even if you are a bit of a stranger." Grace says with a small, wry chuckle. "And really, you don't feel like someone unknown to me. You feel like a friend, even if you are a new one." She gently leans against Takara. "Thank you."

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

Takara's small smile is accompanied by a slight blush. "It has been a long, long time since someone has called me friend. I find I must thank you as well."

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

"You don't have to thank me, but I'll appreciate it." Quips Grace in a quiet voice. "It means I'm doing something right in the midst of unloading all my depressing on you, after all."

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

Takara laughs, then softly says, "Thank you for being my friend, Grace."

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

"Thank you for being mine." Grace replies, smiling gently. Her tails shift back and forth behind her, in a somewhat subconscious movement.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

Takara tries to gently place a hand on top of Grace's. After a moment, she glances at the empty bottle on the tray. "Can you speak favorably the wine, then?"

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

"It was pretty good." The eudai's eyes flick to Takara's hand, but she makes no protest. "Not what I'm used to, but it was sweet and pleasant."

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

"Perhaps I should order a glass, then." Takara looks up at the night sky. "Even if Tyche is not kind to you, the night seems pleasant enough. It's a fine night for a drink."