New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: AVB - Silvanus

1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Silvanus

"Will I need more than myself and one other person to transport me to and from the plane in order to rescue my Dire Bat?"
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

"No. If you choose well."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Immediately after giving his final statement, Silvanus will bow his head and slip in one final statement before the presence entirely disappears. "Thank you for your time."

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

the divine presence leaves your mind and for a moment, your head seems oddly silent.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus turns to the mage. "So, can I assume you overheard everything?"

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

"Your questions? yes, you spoke out loud. The answers? Not specifically, but I can guess quite a bit by the questions you asked next and your responses."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah. ...would you care to know what I learned?"

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't really care, so long as you pay for services rendered. Do you need further divinations?"

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

"No, I do not believe I require your services any further. How much in total do I owe?"

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

"2,369 gold, 4 silver. Gave you a discount for some of that."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

"To be frank, I am rather relieved. I thought it would be more expensive. I am glad it is not." Silvanus begins to pull the money out of his pouch, when a thought crosses his mind. He turns back to the mage and says, "I also happen to have several wands of spells which I cannot use. Would you be willing to accept those as part of the transaction, or would you prefer currency?"

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

"Depends on the spells."

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

"I have three wands. One of major image, one of silence, and one of darkness."

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

"How many charges?"

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thirty two, thirty nine, and eleven respectively."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll take the major image wand as payment."

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus was taken back a little, but regardless, he pulls the wand out of his pouch and hands it to him, the blasty end in Silvanus' direction. "Thank you once again for all your help. ...are you sure the wand is all you need?"

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

"Its value to me is considerably more than the services you have gained."

Spoiler
    Show
    also, this marks the last post as me as your dm. See the ooc for my full explanation as to why. I've got a new dm in mind for you, if you'd like.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ...ah, that's why. I'm sorry for your losses, and only hope you keep strong during these tough times.

(...a new DM in mind, you say?)

20. - Top - End - #320
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ring-a-ding-ding! New DM checking in. Hi there, nice to meet ya (well, to the extent that one person meets another on an Internet forum). Full disclosure: when I say new, I mean new. Like, I haven't DMed before. But I do know the Aldhaven world pretty well, and I'm relatively active. If you see me making any boneheaded moves, let me know, and I can promise I won't be offended. Hopefully we can get your story back up and running here. So whenever you're ready, we'll go ahead and continue Homeward Bound: The Dire Bat's Incredible Journey.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I almost wish that he could speak.... almost. Anywho, hello! I hope this turns out well for the both of us, and I will begin again with Silvanus' story.
    "Very well, if there is nothing else you require of me, then I shall take my leave. Good day."

With that final statement, Silvanus will begin walking out the door, when he stops and asks one last question.

"Do you think anyone else in this... institute, would be interested in these?"
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-12-04 at 10:03 AM.

22. - Top - End - #322

"We're not really running a swap meet here, but I suspect some of our staff would take those wands off your hands. Doubtful any of them could match that eccentric Erbauer fellow in gold given for the sticks, but you might be able to negotiate...services from them in exchange. There is no limit to what one can see or do given the right spell and spellcaster."

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

"Aah, I see. Well, I believe I shall be off then. Thank you for the information."

Without further ado, Silvanus will walks out of his office and considers what the entity told him. Considering the amount of magical prowess he has been privy too, and of that prowess who had the most adventuring experience...

"I wonder if Master Hagan would be interested in aiding me..."

Silvanus, with his stump-bound feet, tromps off to Hagan's Emporium for a few purchases, possible selling, and inquiry to his availability for another adventure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, sorry to bring something this big up immediately as your first time DMing, but I've kind of had this planned for Silvanus as his course of action for a while. I think I'll need to get Hagan's attention to ask if he can come with and take me to and from Pandemonium with my Dire Bat.

24. - Top - End - #324

Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds good. Go ahead and post in his shop thread about it, just keep in mind it still might be a while before Riz is back to regular activity.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Will do boss.

26. - Top - End - #326

Spoiler
    Show
    And not to sound self-aggrandizing, but if you want to do something while you wait, there is an unofficial consensus that Arena stuff exists sorta outside of the normal timeflow (not unlike going to Erbauer's), so it is something to engage in while you wait the time it takes for Riz to return).

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I would, but I honestly don't think Silvanus would be into that sort of stuff... and besides, I just submitted a character to and joined the Lords of Creation game, and seeing that a whole war just happened over Thanksgiving, things seem hectic and interesting at the moment.

But no, waiting for gratuitous amounts of time is something I can do.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Rizban has responded, and all I got was a flying saucer. No mage.

Oh well... ...ok, this is more DM knowledge if anything, but are there any pc's who could get Silvanus to and from Pandemonium (assuming I could get them to help me)? If it'd be too difficult to try and get someone else, I guess I'll settle for an npc of sorts. Silvanus would begin asking mages in the Arcane Academy Place he went to previously for his Divination session to find his Dire Bat.

29. - Top - End - #329

Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately, I'm almost certain no PC is capable of that trip. Plane Shift is a 7th level spell. After Hagan, the highest level mage is probably my guy, and he's still just casting at 4th. So it looks like we're riding the NPC train to Pandemonium town. But I'll try to make it an interesting one. We can start back whenever you're ready, unless you want to ask around in the OOC/Recruitment thread and see if any PC can manage the trip.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Boccob did say that I only needed one good mage to go along with me, as long as I chose well. So, no, I don't think I will take on a pc and have this be Silvanus' (relatively) own personal adventure. Bring your NPC! I shall wait.

Silvanus walks back to the arcane academy, asking if there is anyone who would be willing to aid him in his endeavor.