New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: AVB - Silvanus

1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Silvanus

"...alright, but why?" When the water arrives, Silvanus takes a nice long draught from his glass.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I serve diffrent patrons in the city. Some good, some bad, some low born, some high born, some rich and some poor. They all have reasons to have one or more grievances with said gang and all wanted to bring down Nemesis upon them. I have taken it upon me to become the personified manifestation of that righteous retribution. Money is off course involved as always, fame for those who care to claim it, and off course it is also a matter of accepting a challenge..." his voice has become less joking as time passes and they delve deeper into the discussion. His tone is very soft and low and he does give occasional looks at the other patrons of the inn despite the fact that the table they have chosen is one that is surrounded by other empty ones.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-07-24 at 06:05 AM.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

"...a challenge... ..what kind of a challenge, persay?

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #154

"Well... the destruction of said gang from top to bottom... hopefully while being able to catch as many of them alive as possible especially their leadership..." he says calmly as he leans back and drinks his own water.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hm... this is interesting. I really don't know if what you're offering is honestly ok to my character. He's true neutral, and though he's looking for things to do in town... aagh, I really want to do this, but it in no way would fly with this kind of character.

"..." Silvanus remains silent, instead finishing all the water in his glass.

6. - Top - End - #156

"Well if its any consolation I can tell you that said gang is wanted by the City Guard. There are rewards for bringing them alive. But I dont plan to push you into this... just know that I have gathered the backing of many of the cities other denizens and inhabitants and although not all are out to catch prisoners that will be my aim if possible..." he says finishing his own water.

"If you wish you can take some time to think about it, we can meet here tomorrow or the day after if you wish... its not only the nature of what I am suggesting but also the high risk and perhaps incredible danger that may deter you"

Spoiler
    Show

No worries. So far everything he has told you is true but yea its up to your PC if he is up for it or not ;)

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty, I just thought of a reason that he might be willing to do this, but it will really depend on your answer(s) IC.

"...how long has this gang had operations in Aldhaven?"

8. - Top - End - #158

"More than 10 years... 10 years ago they kind of pushed out other small gangs, like the Korps who are now a shade of themselves and merely focus on smuggling, or took them over or destroyed them." he says

"The thing is Silvanus. The... gang I am talking about is a systemic problem of the city. Various other gangs have one location they focus on or one type of business... they are too powerful and the city feels it..." he concludes.

Spoiler
    Show

Sure no problem ;) hehe believe me what Ishmale has told you so far represents countless gather info/knowledge local and even interrogations ;)

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

"...they have disturbed the balance of the city for so long... Frankly, it appalls me." Silvanus contemplates for a good moment, the only noise the two hearing being the ambient noises of the Drowned Mermaid. Oh God the Irony. ><

After a small moment of silence, Silvanus says, "If I were to help you, who else would be coming with us? Because two... people, are not enough to dismantle an organization of that size."

10. - Top - End - #160

Ishmael smiles.

"Well hopefully some others will join in after going through my ad with the town crier..." he says and pauses.

"Now this is where we are getting into more serious territory. There are others, quite a few, more than I can count with my fingers and toes, that are willing to join in but I cant talk openly about it until I have some form of guarantee that you are interested..." he says seriously.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus weighs his options in his mind, and after a good 30 seconds, Silvanus turns to Ishmael. "I am. I was merely checking that I was not walking into a death trap. But you can rest assured: my powers of nature will be at your disposal... until the balance of the city has been restored."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

A tall and well-muscled goliath enters at just about that time and looks around, notices you and looks to be waiting to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Notices who? The tree or the Ginger?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    both of you.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

The goliath nods to both and speaks to the redheaded man. "I understand that you are looking for some able-bodied men for a particular job."

Spoiler
    Show
    if you would like to leave, Technokami, have Silvanus walk out and we'll migrate this over to the other pc's thread and you can continue on your way.

16. - Top - End - #166

"Very well. Then we can discuss further details tomorrow morning. I have some errands to run today and a report to fill. Shall we meet tomorrow at noon somewhere more secluded? I selected this tavern for the initial contact and not for the detailed briefing..." he says calmly until he notices the goliath.

Silvanus notices that the man's hand falls to his sword but quickly relaxes as reason overcomes force of habbit and paranoia.

"It seems we may have someone else joining us... would you care to stay and take part otherwise feel free to go? I believe I may have the same information for him as I had for you and it may get boring..." he says as he motions to the goliath to approach and offers his hand towards him.

"Welcome. I am Ishmael, though people call me Ish and this is Silvanus! Are you hear for the ad I put at the Town Crier? Shall I order you a drink or something to eat?"
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-07-19 at 06:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Perry smiles and thanks the man. "I just ordered, thanks -- I'm Perry diCarto. And yes, I'm responding to the ad." He has a seat and offers his hand to Silvanus.

18. - Top - End - #168

"Okay then mr DiCarto lets get down to business. I will tell you two things about me before we continue. If those are okay with you then we can work together. So here goes. Firstly I am very paranoid... it means you will have to abide with my weird sense of logic some times and accept my crazy ideas as they are..." he pauses to see if the goliath is still following.

"The second is... I am not a really good person. But more importantly the people I am against are REALLY BAD people... If you are interested in helping a paranoid not so nice person against a large group of really nasty REALLY evil people we can work together you and I!" he says his voice lowering significantly.

"So, these people, they are my mortal enemies... actually they are enemies of the city and of all the good people that live in it... but some times I take things personally..."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm interested in hearing more." Perry pursed his lips. "Who are they?"

20. - Top - End - #170

"That comes lasts and not in an open space like here... this tavern was chosen as neutral ground. I already told to Silvanus that we can meet tomorrow at dawn or later depending on what you have to do and I can give the precise details..." he says with an apologetic tone.

"I can tell you the following though..." he says and repeats parts of what he told the Treelike warforged.

"I serve diffrent patrons in the city. Some good, some bad, some low born, some high born, some rich and some poor. They all have reasons to have one or more grievances with said gang and all wanted to bring down Nemesis upon them. Do you know what Nemesis is? A righteous infliction of retribution in this case personified by me... by us. Money is off course involved as always, fame for those who care to claim it, and off course it is also a matter of accepting a challenge..." his voice has become less joking as time passes and they delve deeper into the discussion. His tone is very soft and low and he does give occasional looks at the other patrons of the inn despite the fact that the table they have chosen is one that is surrounded by other empty ones.

"I can tell you that said gang is wanted by the City Guard. There are rewards for bringing them alive. Just know that I have gathered the backing of many of the citys other denizens and inhabitants and although not all are out to catch prisoners that will be my aim if possible..." he says finishing his own water.

"The primary aim is the destruction of said gang from top to bottom... hopefully while being able to catch as many of them alive as possible especially their leadership..."

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for the huge post, I tried to consolidate what I had told Silvanus into one :D

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Perry narrowed his eyes. "In a deck of cards, there is a ten and then a queen. Is the enemy you're after what comes between?"

"Because if so..." Perry whispered, "I've been working that case. And I have some information that you may find extremely valuable."

22. - Top - End - #172

Ishmael considers what to say next very carefully... the man mentioned a case and working on it. Could it be that he was speaking with a Guardsman that was either undercover or perhaps working with the Jacks?

He tried to hide his uneasyness and try and see what was going on.

"Possibly. As I said, this place was chosen for its neutrality not for it being the best location to talk about names..."

"Forgive my inquiry but since I have shown you... at least part of mine I have to ask you... are you a member of the Guard or working with them directly? As I mentioned I know the Guard despises my targets but on the other hand their ways of working would jeopardise my mission and I doubt some of my backers would like to get involved with them in a direct fashion... furthermore though my plan is to bring criminals to justice some have more personal and direct ways to end the threat this Gang represents and having to worry about getting arrested afterwards wont work for them... I dont mind if you also work WITH the Guard but what we discuss between us and what information I give and share is for your ears only... I have spent weeks and countless resources, risking my life and the life of others for this and I wont have it blow up due to a leak from the Watch..." he said carefully.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I actually don't mind waiting, unless you really need me somewhere else.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    not at all. It's up to you.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Perry sat back in his chair and smiled. "What I am is a clever private investigator with contacts in the City Watch and a man close to the Captain. I'm also a bounty hunter... and apparently, I'm clever enough to have you tell me about the questionable legality of your plan. But worry not, my friend. I am no watchman. Tomorrow, in fact, I have a duel against one of the detectives -- that couldn't happen if I was one of them."

He leaned forward and whispered to Ishmael alone so that the tree couldn't hear. He was going to go ahead and assume that the Jacks were the problem that needed destruction. "You want me on your side for this. I have found an entrance at one of their hangouts. Where it is will cost you and your backers extra, but I have it secured. You can buy my martial arts, you can buy my intelligence, and you can buy access to my contacts... whatever you need."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Then watch and observe I shall.

27. - Top - End - #177

Ishmael does not manage to supress a smile at the whole -I made you tell me your questionable acts-.

"Yes you caught me admitting everything... its actually getting me to the City Guard that would be the problem sir... but lets not get into a pissing contest as we are all probably powerful enough to back our claims" he says seriously.

"We can discuss details before or after your duels. My research has paid fruit and I already have quite a few locations that lead to hideouts. They have a big one as well that just scouting it almost got me killed..."he says and he shivers remembering the encounter with the Nose.

"If your location is one we have not uncovered then we would be interested off course as this has to be a complete operation." he says as he stands up.

"And now gentlemen I have to depart, I shall meet you tomorrow at a time of your choosing behind the Hangman Inn in Northmarket. Its a relative secluded area and easy to see if anyone is watching or trying to overhear... I have business to attend to now and reports to fill..." he says and grins.

"Dont try to follow me by the way, I will not take kindly to that.... and that includes pets, animals, spirits and anything else..." he says as he opens a pouch and leaves the correct amount for whatever their table has consumed and a 20% tip.

"Oh and one more thing, tomorrow I will most obviously NOT come as the orange headed youth. Its far too obvious... it was necessary here to make it easy to be identified. Tomorrow I shall be much more discreet and I suggest the same for you..." he says considering how discreet a walking tree and a walking rock can be...

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus thinks, "...I do not believe he told me where we were meeting up."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monodominant
    behind the Hangman Inn in Northmarket.
    You recall that he did.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah yes, now I remember." Silvanus will walk back to the Druid's Grove, stand and meditate once again, and then walk to the aforementioned location at the appropriate time. He's really not going to hide the fact that he's a tree.