New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: AVB - Silvanus

1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Silvanus

Spoiler
    Show
    now awaiting Monodominant to rp his character...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

The location has two alleyways as well as a sewer entrance nearby and is easily monitored from where you see a 25 year old human, with a well trimmed beard and a scar above his eye, standing.

He is dressed in fine adventurer's clothing and still carries the longsword with the strange pommel from yesterday. The figure is in generally more low key than the blazing orange haired guy and a typical Aldhavian and is leaning back in a patch of shadows so that someone not coming looking for someone but casually looking would actually miss him.

As you approach he leans forward and smiles at you.

"Hello Silvanus. I am glad that you came. Shall we begin or shall we wait for the others?" he says extending his hand.

"I am afraid that this time I dont have something to offer you... I do carry water if you are filling thirsty though..." he says and grins.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

"I am fine, and I would prefer we wait, actually. It is better to be fully prepared, then not, wouldn't it?"
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ishmael nods not minding either way and leans back to his somewhat covered position.

It is an interesting image if anyone looks really hard and sees him. A shadow figure waiting between a wall and a living tree like creature.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

and now a 6'1 sorcerer with familiar tattoos walks up.

Spoiler
    Show
    teamup thread inc.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

nudge? You still there?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, here. There's nothing in particular I want to buy. ...where's the other two? Was there another thread opened I didn't happen to get?

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

sorry I didn't make this clear. Both of them went their separate ways and left back to their personal threads, and I had assumed that you would as well. I apologize.

Since the other two have spent the intervening time doing things and such while you've been patiently waiting for people to do things and I didin't catch this, I'm going to give you 7,000 xp and 10,000 gp to help keep you on par with the other two. If you don't want that much or don't want any, just say so and we'll move on from there.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh ok! Well, to be frankly honest, I'm not entirely sure what to buy...

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Well, as a druid, do you have all your wildling clasps to keep your magic items functional in animal form?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, wouldn't the magic items just meld off, but the effect not necessarily go away? And as per the suddenly deepened pockets... I'll probably ask in the 3.5 section what good general items for a Druid are.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

unfortunately as of the latest set of polymorph screw ups erratas, you lose the effects of magic items when you polymorph, of which wildshaping is an instance of. unless you have wildling clasps which allow you to keep the item effects.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Aw... well, ok. How much do these Wilding Clasps cost and what other items would give me a bonus to wisdom? Also: I'm looking for a particular item of interest. I'm not 100% sure what it's called, or even a price, but it is a sigil or a holy nature icon which would allow me to use the cleric rules for rebuke on animals.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Don't know that one.

wildling clasps are 4,000 each. Speak to our local enchanter of devices and dynamos to get a discount.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    wildling clasps are 4,000 each. Speak to our local enchanter of devices and dynamos to get a discount.
    Erm... who?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Aha! I'll have to take a look at this... um, I don't happen to have a PH on hand, and the one I was using is currently in a hardrive whose cord broke, so I need to ask: the EXP you just granted me moves me from 6th level to 9th level... right? If you're looking on Myth-Weavers to look @ Silvanus, I calculated it to 9 according to the exp factors it gave, which said 9. I'm just double checking to see if I'm right.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-08-01 at 01:29 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

no...

first off, your xp totals on your sheet are horribly off.

6th level characters START with 15,000 xp.

they reach 7th level at 21,000, 8th at 28,000.

what xp total did you start your character at?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

no...

first off, your xp totals on your sheet are horribly off.

6th level characters START with 15,000 xp.

they reach 7th level at 21,000, 8th at 28,000.

what xp total did you start your character at?
    Erm... 5th level exp, which then adventuring with you DM-ing got me to 6th, and then the 7,000 you just gave me right now.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

... how are you calculating your xp totals?

at 1st level, you start with 0 xp.

to reach second level, your character must have a total of 1,000 xp (1000 more than before)
    to reach third level, your character must have a total of 3,000 xp (2000 more than before)
    to reach fourth level, your character must have a total of 6,000 xp (3000 more than before)
    to reach fifth level, your character must have a total of 10,000 xp (4000 more than before)
    to reach sixth level and be an eligible character to start in AVB, your character must have a total of 15,000 xp (5000 more than before)
    to reach seventh level, your character must have a total of 21,000 xp (6000 more than before)
    to reach eighth level, your character must have a total of 28,000 xp (7000 more than before)

the 7315 xp on your character sheet is barely enough to be fourth level, which tells me that you did not start your character off at the xp totals for 6th level and that Riz didn't bother checking there as he just assumed you did it correctly. If you had done your starting xp correctly, myth-weavers would have helped you know when to level by showing you the proper next-level xp.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

That's... odd... um, completely my fault (although now I know and understand how to calculate the levels now, so thank you anyways).

I'll go over the EXP for everything and see where I'm actually at.

Ok, according to where I'm actually at, I am actually 7th level now, and am 2,100 away from 8th.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-08-01 at 02:17 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

okay. I would like to apologize if I cam off as sharp, but it's late at night for me, and your suggestion that 7k xp shot you up to 9th level threw me off guard, and my tongue is just absolute sandpaper when caught off guard.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

And just to note: I was using the exp change thing, so apparently it wasn't working correctly OR I didn't fully understand how to use it correctly.

okay. I would like to apologize if I cam off as sharp, but it's late at night for me, and your suggestion that 7k xp shot you up to 9th level threw me off guard, and my tongue is just absolute sandpaper when caught off guard.
    That's fine. I'm a player, you're a GM, and I've (unfortunately) been around angry and/or annoyed GM's long enough to understand.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-08-01 at 02:23 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

I can understand that one. How it works is you put in the xp you gained in the far right of the three xp blanks, and it is added on to your current xp automatically when you click off of that blank. Once you have set the base xp, you actually don't have to touch the current xp blank ever again. Just be careful about accidentally adding xp twice to the sheet.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

I can understand that one. How it works is you put in the xp you gained in the far right of the three xp blanks, and it is added on to your current xp automatically when you click off of that blank. Once you have set the base xp, you actually don't have to touch the current xp blank ever again. Just be careful about accidentally adding xp twice to the sheet.
    Hrmn... well, I did do that, but it didn't work... I'll just settle for the less-convenience and the more "Hey, my math isn't wrong!" method.

And I've opened up a thread for generally useful Druid items, and so far have found one, and I'm not sure what it does. It is a Ring of Mighty Summons, found in Complete Mage.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

that works.

the item you are referring to means that creatures you summon have maximum hp per hit die, so just multiply the number of hit dice by the die number and add con mods like normal to get hp, isntead of taking average. It also halves the duration.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

...that's it? Eh, no thanks. I like the fact that my summoned creatures last twice as long. Having creatures of not maximum hit die is fine for me.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, that's my opinon too.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Um... stacking those necklaces of wisdom bonus is a bad thing, right? I mean that in the sense that you can't put 12 of them on a single neck.