New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: AVB - Silvanus

1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Silvanus

well, enhancement bonuses don't stack, so you can't do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I guess I will be buying a wilding clasp, and I'll ask in the shop for other items which would be of benefit to me.

....I'm debating between a Druid's Vestment or a Wilding Clasp, because currently I don't have another magic item I should bring into me with Wildshape, and thus buy two clasps and one magic item.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, can I just say that I purchase 1 wilding clasp? There's nothing else I can think of which I would need immediately, and any magic items I want I don't know about since I still don't have access to those books, and I might as well save myself the trouble.

For specifications sake, I will also take the cost off of my character in Gold.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

If all you can think of for now is the clasp, just keep the rest as spare gold for now.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Returned I have to continue Silvanus' tale.

With all that has been said and done, Silvanus will head to the library, walk in, request assistance from one of the librarians, and go with him/her to find out what planes a dire bat can live on, which will rule out somewhat the many many planes I will have to search.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

...Plans? You there...?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    was busy last night. Only covered 1 or 2 threads.

There are about a half-dozen such planes or more. All the celestial ones, and most of the non-evil ones.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus will take this list of planes with him to that arcane society group that Master Hagan previously mentioned to him, asking them if they would have any way to determine the location of his animal companion on these planes, given the fact that Silvanus can still feel that he's alive.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

"Your best bet would be to attempt a divination. Try looking for people in the university who can help?"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

"I see... thank you for your time." Silvanus will head to the University, and ask to see the head of the field of divination magic.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

The Department of Applied Astrology schedules you a meeting with the head of the department for tomorrow at 3:00pm.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus will note that, and head to Aldhaven's druid circle to root himself in and be a tree for a while, water and nutrients and the such. In the morning, he'll head Rizban's shop and wait for Master Hagan and his reward, the dividing of the items, and then head off to his appointment with the divination master. If anything would impede his going to the divination master, he'll take care of them later. Finding where his animal companion might be is is top priority.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

You meet with the diviner and he greets you in his office.

"What can I do for you?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

"I was wondering if you could discern the location of my animal companion. During my adventures he was absorbed through a portal of an enemy mage, and I can still feel the link between us, so he is assuredly alive still. When I know where he is, I can gather a band of adventurers to help me.... but first I must know where he is. Could you possibly help in that aspect?"

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

"Very well. Do you have any idea at all where he might be generally?"

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I researched what planes of existence a Dire Bat can survive on, and this is what I came up with." Silvanus hands him the list.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

"You want extraplanar contact on a specific animal across the cosmos? And you're not even sure which plane? How much are you willing to pay to get your pet back? It won't be cheap."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

"I am more than confident that I have enough funds to pay for what expenses need be to locate and retrieve my lost animal companion. If not... I'm positive something could be arranged."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming Silvanus has the money he received from Hagan and company already, and that he knows just how much. I'm relatively confident that a sum of that size could pay for it... right?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

"Very well. First thing we will need to do is a scrying, see if that can tell us where it is. If that's not overly helpful, we'll try communing with it. The first one can be cast for you. The second one will have to be crafted as a contingent spell, and that increases the cost of an already expensive spell considerably."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

"I am fine with this."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    nothing for me to respond to...

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Triple response! :D

"...so shall the scrying begin?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

"It will take a day to prepare the spells needed. We don't keep them on hand."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Aah, very well then. I will take my leave. ...when should I arrive tomorrow?

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

"Whenever you're ready. The spells we be prepared at dawn. Come any time from an hour after than until sundown."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

"I see. Thank you once again for taking time out of your day to aid me in my endeavor. Until tomorrow, good sir." Silvanus the walking tree heads out and will be going to Mr. Hagan's Emporium shoppe for some selling, vending, and purchasing of items that will be useful to him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll do that stuff after we settle the items out.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-10-05 at 10:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

...I don't think Rizban saw what I wanted to do... I asked if I could exchange store credit (which was exactly 10,000 gold) for a Druid's Vestment (which is also 10,000 gold) so I would get the full value of all the treasure I received from my near death experience. ...he never really gave me a response...

30. - Top - End - #240
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Hello!

I was checking the AvB threads. Perhaps you want to PM Plans and Rizban about picking where you left off?

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...